Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The article might have made sense until this part:
"Given that their video game audience is the same demographic as Punk’d"
Old 04-28-06, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

NIGHTS 2 Rumors may not be..

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/702/702606p1.html

April 20, 2006 - Each weekly issue of Japan's Famitsu magazine has a tiny rumor section, a small black box taking up less than 1/6 of one of the black and white pages buried in the middle of the magazine. A couple of weeks back, the rumor section stated that Sega would be bringing a Yakuza (Ryu Ga Gotoku) sequel to the PlayStation 3. This week, something even juicier: Revolution will be getting an action game in which you fly a clown-like magician through the sky. The game will be made by a game creator who recently went independent.

Put a few pieces together, and this rumor seems to suggest that Sega's Nights Into Dreams will at last be getting a sequel, and it will be on the Revolution.

The rumor story goes on to hint that this little bit has something to do with a recent conversation the writers had with someone who created a famous bearded character.

Series creator Yuji Naka has, in previous interviews, hinted that he would like a special controller interface for a sequel to the game that many consider to be one of the Saturn's finest titles. We're not sure what famous bearded characters Naka has made in the past, though.

Rumors of a new Nights have officially appeared on the eve of every E3/CES since the original's release back in 1996. The fact that this is coming from Famitsu's rumor section gets us a bit more excited, but we'll wait for confirmation before letting our dreams run wild.
Old 04-28-06, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best "support" for a prank would be the fact that Nintendo's main site still says "Revolution". Regardless, don't get your hopes up either way. If it is or is not a joke, the name has been a smash hit in the marketing department regardless.
Old 04-28-06, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by jeffdsmith
The best "support" for a prank would be the fact that Nintendo's main site still says "Revolution". Regardless, don't get your hopes up either way. If it is or is not a joke, the name has been a smash hit in the marketing department regardless.
I've wondered about that too. I figured they did it to phase it out slowly. So people can still navigate to the page for Wii by clicking on what they know it as, the Revolution.

But seeing all of these little bits make me start to believe it is a prank. It's very unlike Nintendo, though. Gah, I don't know.
Old 04-28-06, 11:23 PM

Old 04-28-06, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by pizzamousechips
I've wondered about that too. I figured they did it to phase it out slowly. So people can still navigate to the page for Wii by clicking on what they know it as, the Revolution.

But seeing all of these little bits make me start to believe it is a prank. It's very unlike Nintendo, though. Gah, I don't know.
You are right. They do mention on there site now, previously there was no info.
Old 04-29-06, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So the accelerometer has been confirmed now. Here is a must-read interview about Madden (even if you don't like the series like me).

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/703/703727p1.html
Old 04-29-06, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So I just g ot off the phone with a dude at EB - he said that the Wii was bumped till next year so "they can get out of Sony's way". While I think this is complete BS, does anyone else know anything about it?
Old 04-29-06, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
So I just g ot off the phone with a dude at EB - he said that the Wii was bumped till next year so "they can get out of Sony's way". While I think this is complete BS, does anyone else know anything about it?
That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard. I put absolutely 0 stock in that. Wait for Nintendo themselves to say when it'll be out. Hopefully we'll know in 10 or 11 days.

They don't see themselves going after the same market as Sony, why would they worry about being in "Sony's way"?

Last edited by pinata242; 04-29-06 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-29-06, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard. I put absolutely 0 stock in that. Wait for Nintendot themselves to say when it'll be out. Hopefully we'll know in 10 or 11 days.

They don't see themselves going after the same market as Sony, why would the worry about being in "Sony's way"?
When he said that I was like "Oh, really? Seems a little odd." He was like "yeah, it's in their best interest."
Old 04-29-06, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

While that is reality, everything Nintendo has said tells me that they aren't worried about that. I wouldn't be surprised if it is delayed, but don't expect them to publicly state that's the reason.
Old 04-29-06, 03:42 PM

$100 bucks says it launches no later then October.

Last edited by jeffdsmith; 04-29-06 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-29-06, 03:44 PM
Retired

Never trust anything the morons that work at game stores say.

*Mod note - I totally fucked up here and edited instead of quoting your post with my comments... sorry

Last edited by Liver&Onions; 04-29-06 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-30-06, 12:33 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Never trust anything the morons that work at game stores say.

*Mod note - I totally fucked up here and edited instead of quoting your post with my comments... sorry
I work at a game store and I hear more stupid and asinine things from the customers than I've ever heard from an employee. Now, that doesn't mean every employee is 100% right all the time, and I'm not putting stock in what that one guy said, but we're not all morons.
Old 04-30-06, 12:40 AM
Retired

Didn't mean to offend you or anything, and I'm sure the customers are even worse.

I just avoid gamestores like the plague both because of the prices and the stupid shit I hear spouted by the employees and the customers. I can't count the times I've heard something touted as fact that was debunked on the internet a month prior.
Old 04-30-06, 01:50 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I know you didn't mean anything personally, but in the end, the quality of a staff comes from the hiring practices of the manager. Our store has people who spend half the day saying "I'll believe when Sony says it, not IGN," and we never call anything fact that we can't verify. But I understand that most employees are not nearly that intelligent. I just wanted to point out that you've got a vocal game store employee in the forum.
Old 05-01-06, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,723 Likes on 1,074 Posts
Originally Posted by Gallant Pig
True - not as bad. But if you are a lightweight fighter and throw over a 100 punches a round it could be tiring
I played Mike Tyson's Punch Out! with my Power Glove when I was a kid and I thought my arm was going to fall out of the socket about 3 guys in.

While it might be cool in theory, I think it would be a bit tiring
Old 05-01-06, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When he said that I was like "Oh, really? Seems a little odd." He was like "yeah, it's in their best interest."
Please, please email that toEB or call his DM. When I as manager decade ago we had no tolerance for blantant lies to the consumer that could affect sales in such a negative way, part timers were let go if caught doing that trash. I'm shocked to hear it still be praticed. A person like that has no place working at gaming retail store.
Old 05-01-06, 05:37 PM

Buzz ON.
Old 05-01-06, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 924 Likes on 656 Posts
Wii ON.
fixed.
Old 05-01-06, 07:46 PM

Buzz ON.
joystiq eh? I don't visit them much, any bias from the visitors of that site?

From the looks of it, seems like a videogame oriented engadget. Maybe it's just me, but it looks like most of the topics are Nintendo related...

Either way, those are impressive numbers for a multiplatform game site.
Old 05-01-06, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by pizzamousechips
joystiq eh? I don't visit them much, any bias from the visitors of that site?

From the looks of it, seems like a videogame oriented engadget. Maybe it's just me, but it looks like most of the topics are Nintendo related...

Either way, those are impressive numbers for a multiplatform game site.
They had a similar poll depicting their audiences distaste for the Wii name, I feel they are pretty balanced audience.
Old 05-01-06, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It isn't their fault Nintendo is the only one making pre-E3 waves.
Old 05-02-06, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
That is odd because I think it wouldn't hurt them at all, but could hurt Sony. You are at a launch and have your choice of two next gen consoles. One will set you back about half of the other. I can see people getting the Wii and waiting to see how the PS3 does because it is a bigger investment, but I don't see people waiting on the Wii because they are getting a PS3.

I might be wrong on that, but I would think that a launch anywhere near Sony's launch would do more damage to Sony than Nintendo.
Old 05-02-06, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

SNK announced Metal Slug Collection for Wii.

"Metal Slug Anthology will be a compilation of past Metal Slug games with enhancements made to take advantage of the Wii controller."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.