Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Conners (ABC) - Season 3 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-21, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: The Conners (ABC) - Season 3 Thread

Well, she said she had been vaccinated already.
Old 01-15-21, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Well, she said she had been vaccinated already.
I must have missed that. What scene did she say that, when she arrived? Still makes me nervous seeing these actors working so close together though.
Old 01-15-21, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Yup, I think in her first scene when she came in. Not sure exactly when, but I remember hearing her say it.
Old 01-15-21, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

I know which scene you were talking about. I kept looking to see if there was maybe a clear plastic screen between them or what if they were going to be that close to each other for that scene!
Old 01-15-21, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Candice Bergen's character said something like she used to send her first boyfriend dirty emails. Unless I heard it wrong how is that possible?
She was talking about later in life, not when they were dating. She said she sent sexy e-mails to him through the classmates website (where you look up old classmates from the past).
Old 01-27-21, 10:29 PM

Ben needs to trim that beard and hair...he's looking like a wolverine now.
Old 01-28-21, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mickey65
It's ridiculous.
Old 01-28-21, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
It's ridiculous.
Ridiculous, distracting and gross. He looks homeless at this point.
Old 01-29-21, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

I read the first few comments before actually seeing the episode and I thought the posters were over-reacting to some trivial thing, -and then I saw the episode and .... that beard doesn't even look real.
Old 01-29-21, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He had a big beard on Mad Men as well - although I'm not sure if it was fake or not... but at least it was neat and tidy. It seems like he's purposely puffing the beard up and out in all sorts of directions. I realized lately that the actor played Burt Reynold's son on his early 90's sitcom Evening Shade.
Old 01-30-21, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I think it's meant to show his depression. He just doesn't care how he looks anymore. Maybe?
Old 01-30-21, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Robin is a transgender character played by transgender actress Alexandra Billings. Agree about the Jackie stuff.
That we now learn is on her 3rd marriage?? They be some freaky guys out there...
Old 01-30-21, 08:19 AM

Looks like they were also trying to relive Jackie's ganja moment in the bathroom when they did the tea thing on this episode this week...
Old 02-03-21, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This show feels so lost now. And has for a while. There is no heart, no soul. It feels like these actors are just showing up, reading their not very funny lines, and picking up a paycheck. They don't even look like they are enjoying it anymore. I didn't feel this way last season. I hope the show gets it's mojo back soon. And for it's sake of it sticking around a little longer, ABC better move it back to Tuesdays at 8:00. Because it continues to drop in the ratings.
Old 02-04-21, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
This show feels so lost now. And has for a while. There is no heart, no soul. It feels like these actors are just showing up, reading their not very funny lines, and picking up a paycheck. They don't even look like they are enjoying it anymore. I didn't feel this way last season. I hope the show gets it's mojo back soon. And for it's sake of it sticking around a little longer, ABC better move it back to Tuesdays at 8:00. Because it continues to drop in the ratings.
Thinking the same. This got pretty bad pretty fast.
Old 02-04-21, 06:25 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Yeah, last season had a few laughs an episode. This season just isn't funny

Old 02-04-21, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For some reason I'm a little more lenient with this than if it were an hour-long Drama, -it just doesn't require as much of an investment. I liked Ben when he was sort of a contrast to the rest of them, but they've made him somewhat dreary and unpleasant. DJ and his kid are even less relevant than they ever were.
Old 02-04-21, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

The entire Wednesday night sitcom lineup for ABC really has gone down the crapper. Conners isn't that good anymore, Goldbergs long ran out of ideas, and the best thing about American Housewife was Julia Butters.
Old 02-04-21, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

I know I shouldn't look to a sitcom for an accurate portrayal of a pandemic, but this show did put it front and center. It has just bothered me more and more how they treat it. Those first few episodes seemed to at least attempt some sort of accuracy, but it now is totally haphazard. No workplace masks, but they make it a point to have the friend wear a mask.

I know I shouldn't care about something like this, but it's just annoying. Maybe it's more annoying because this is one of the only show I watch that was trying to legitimately address it. Blackish had a couple of episodes about it but dropped it, as did American Housewife. Shameless has kept it a part of things, but it has also been largely inconsistent. This Is Us gets a meh rating at best.

Like I said earlier, I know I shouldn't complain about it. I'm actually surprised at how much I think I'd appreciate a show taking a genuine look at things. It doesn't have to be dramatic, just maybe better reflect our current world.
Old 02-04-21, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

In an attempt to get things back on track, they really seem to have actually no idea what to do with Jackie. Either that or they don't pay any attention to what the other writers do with her. Jackie has been portrayed as a total dullard, and now she's revealed to be good at Jeopardy. That didn't ring true at all.
Old 02-04-21, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

At least someone finally mentioned that Dan is terrible with money.
Old 02-05-21, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by clckworang
I know I shouldn't look to a sitcom for an accurate portrayal of a pandemic, but this show did put it front and center. It has just bothered me more and more how they treat it. Those first few episodes seemed to at least attempt some sort of accuracy, but it now is totally haphazard. No workplace masks, but they make it a point to have the friend wear a mask.

I know I shouldn't care about something like this, but it's just annoying. Maybe it's more annoying because this is one of the only show I watch that was trying to legitimately address it. Blackish had a couple of episodes about it but dropped it, as did American Housewife. Shameless has kept it a part of things, but it has also been largely inconsistent. This Is Us gets a meh rating at best.

Like I said earlier, I know I shouldn't complain about it. I'm actually surprised at how much I think I'd appreciate a show taking a genuine look at things. It doesn't have to be dramatic, just maybe better reflect our current world.
Grey's Anatomy has taken a serious look at the pandemic. They've even gone so far as to examine how racism fits into the treatment of patients.
Old 02-05-21, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Couldn't agree with this more 100%
Old 02-24-21, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What's up with them talking to that customer at the hardware store without masks on even though she's 6 feet apart? They don't allow that at any store I've been to. Side note, thankfully Ben shaved that awful beard!
Old 02-25-21, 09:12 AM

Did I miss the episode where Ben mentioned he inherited the hardware store? It just seemed to come out of nowhere.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.