TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S8E09) -- "Honor" -- 2/25/18

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-18, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S8E09) -- "Honor" -- 2/25/18

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Concluding with the tremendous moral dilemma they faced when it was down to the last guy - Negan's lieutenant who had already promised to murder the King and stick his head on a pike and tried killing them all only few moments earlier. So after taking out numerous soldiers without pause, when it comes time for Morgan to finish the job on the worst of the entire Savior bunch it's: "Whoa-whoa-whoa, hey Morgan, what are we doing here?"
by Carol "The Terminator" of all people too.
Old 02-27-18, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jeffrey Dean Morgan posted this today regarding CR/Carl.

SPOILER (for the six people that are somehow in the dark... and get news from Instagram?) @chandlerriggs5 man.... what a pleasure. Not only getting to work with you... but, getting to know you. You, my friend, are an incredible young man. Well before joining this cast I was a fan... a fan that loved watching you grow up in front of a camera. From the moment you first put on the way too large sheriffs hat as a boy... to the end, the hat so befitting of the man Carl had become. Wiser and more compassionate than all of us. You held all of our hearts. Honestly... a huge reason I wanted so badly to join this band of misfits... was because I was such a fan of the Negan Carl relationship in the comics... that storyline was one of my favorites, as I know it was one of yours. I’ll forever be dissaponted we only scratched the surface of what could have been. BUT... I can take total solace in the fact that you are out there... doing your thing. You’ve grown into an amazing young man as well as a powerful actor... the world is your oyster Riggs. We all get to sit back and watch you kill it. So.. know you are missed on the show... but know you have a big ole group of family all here for you if needed... and eagerly awaiting whatever comes next. Love you Riggs. See you soon.
Old 02-27-18, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Finisher
Somewhere around when Negan entered the picture, our connection to pretty much every character just fractured. Someone upthread said if they knew every character was dying in the final episode they wouldn't care and I can't disagree. Hell, they could all die in the next episode and honestly no shits would given because they've made it so hard to like these characters. Also, I'm sorry, but Carol and Morgan as killing machines is simply eye rolling stuff.
For me, the show started going to shit when they spent a half season on Beth and that Hospital. The show has been pretty upfront that as soon as a character starts getting featured more than usual they are doomed.
Old 02-27-18, 07:22 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

that was really nice of JDM to write that.
Old 02-27-18, 07:44 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
For me, the show started going to shit when they spent a half season on Beth and that Hospital. The show has been pretty upfront that as soon as a character starts getting featured more than usual they are doomed.
Ugh. Don’t remind me.

All that time spent AND they still kill her off. What a joke.
Old 02-27-18, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by ben12
He's the new Carl!
I’m not a comic book reader, but I heard speculation that you are correct ... that the important storylines for Carl may be shifted to this little shit.
Old 02-27-18, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
‘Walking Dead’ Season 8 Midseason Premiere Is Show’s Lowest-Rated Ever
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/walk...gs-1202710655/

As it currently stands, the midseason premieres rank as follows (by demo rating):

Season 4 (2014)– 8.2 rating, 15.8 million viewers

Season 5 (2015)– 8.0 rating, 15.6 million viewers

Season 6 (2016)– 6.8 rating, 13.7 million viewers

Season 3 (2013)– 6.1 rating, 12.3 million

Season 7 (2017)– 5.7 rating, 12 million viewers

Season 2 (2012)– 4.2 rating, 8.1 million viewers

Season 8 (2018)– 3.6 rating, 8.3 million viewers

Season 1 consisted of only six episodes and therefore did not have a midseason finale or premiere.
Old 02-27-18, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Old 02-28-18, 06:39 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

that is so lame.
Old 02-28-18, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

So in Carl's vision of the future, Negan is forgiven all his sins and allowed to live with Rick's group? Carl watched him beat Abraham and Glenn to death, and we're supposed to believe he's ok with it? Gimme a break.
Old 02-28-18, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

They still have to wear sweaty rags in heaven?
Old 02-28-18, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

No reason for this to be 90 minutes. Sooo boring and drawn out.
Old 02-28-18, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by boogieman03
No reason for this to be 90 minutes. Sooo boring and drawn out.
Agreed. Around the one hour mark, I was thinking "die already!" But AMC's got to milk their cash cow.
Old 02-28-18, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Sorry guys I’m done with this show. I watched the first 20 minutes of this episode and I just don’t care anymore so I turned it off. (I can't even hate watch it anymore) I was literally on my smartphone the whole time and wasn’t paying any attention. There is too many good tv shows in this age of streaming that I don’t have time for a show like this. If they announced this was the final season or they had an endgame then I probably would have stuck it out, but they’re going gonna milk it for more seasons. TWD is like Thursday Night Football, it sucks but it ain’t going away anytime soon.

Last edited by mcnabb; 03-01-18 at 05:56 AM.
Old 02-28-18, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

If they would just move things along and give the audience some hope that the story is progressing it would help tremendously.

I get that there has to be some semblance of plot recycling throughout the show's run. I mean, how much can you really do without straying far from the main premise (zombie apocalypse).

But when you start repeated recycling of subplots within the same main plot, you have gone too far.

I still get enjoyment from watching the show, and at least it isn't Fear the Walking Dead. Not yet anyway.
Old 02-28-18, 07:49 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Too many characters you care about over the years have died or are not showcased enough, and due to piss poor writing none of these newer characters resonate with me. That along with the de-emphasis of the zombies and more focus on this farcical post apocalyptic world full of assholes and dipshits it's basically a completely different show... and quite frankly, not a good one.
Old 02-28-18, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
The first 20 minutes were basically a rehash of the last mid season finale episode, and were not needed for anything other than yet again padding a longer run time. ($$$)
yeah, but Bright Eye
Old 03-01-18, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I still have six episodes to catch up on. That's not like me as well, been watching since the start and normally it's one of those shows you watch as soon as I can. Things just feel so dragged out.
Old 03-01-18, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
So in Carl's vision of the future, Negan is forgiven all his sins and allowed to live with Rick's group? Carl watched him beat Abraham and Glenn to death, and we're supposed to believe he's ok with it? Gimme a break.
Also his dad is blonde and has a really bad haircut, AND is using a cane. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to visualize the future and see my parents with handicaps.
Old 03-01-18, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stopped watching when Negan came aboard and Glenn died ... the second time. Ridiculous way to take out a beloved character.

It was so dragged out, over the top, disturbing and morbid, for no reason apparently since the plot has not moved one bit since then. At this point there is nothing they could do to Neagan for the audience to feel any sort of justice about how he not only ruined the major character interactions but the entire show itself. So apparently he will turn into a good guy instead and all is forgiven? Nope.

Actually I believe I did watch one more show after this, the one with a CGI tiger and Knights of the Round table running around...and then it was over for me. What a waste.
Old 03-01-18, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
and due to piss poor writing none of these newer characters resonate with me. .
The more I think about it, this could be the overriding factor why I don't care about the show anymore. I may stick with a show that is getting bad because I love the characters, but there is no point in sticking with a bad with characters I don't care about.

I was thinking about characters that have been introduced after the original cast who are currently on the show:

-Rosita: Don't care, except she has a great body (especially when she dresses for Talking Dead).

-Tara: Don't care, as now all of the sudden she is the Sarah Silverman of the TWD World with her one liners.

-Enid: Totally undeveloped, I forget she is on the show sometimes.

-Jesus: I actually like this character.

-Maggie: I always liked Lauren Cohan, mostly because she grew up in the town where I grew up in NJ until she moved to England. But it's not the same with her without Glen.

-Michonne: Never liked her, the constant serious face.

-Aaron: Not a bad character, but he comes and goes and you forget he's on the show.

-Eugene: Is good for comic relief and it's funny when cause he is constantly being a coward and pussy.

-Ezekiel: He doesn't annoy me as much other people are annoyed by him.

Nobody really stands out that I love in the new cast.
Old 03-01-18, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If Maggie, Michone, and Tara are going to be lumped in with "newer "characters, I don't think it's possible to have a serious discussion about what the more recent problems are with the show.

Now personally, I have had some serious issues with some of the new characters they brought in over time. To echo a post from earlier, I couldn't stand that whole Hospital story line and all the new folks that came in as part of it. And it really sucks we lost Beth as part of it.

As for the current crop, the only one I really wish would go away ASAP, and should have never been there in the first place, is Jadis. At times I'm not even sure the actress even knows what the hell she is doing there.
Old 03-01-18, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by smorbie
Also his dad is blonde and has a really bad haircut, AND is using a cane. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to visualize the future and see my parents with handicaps.
Weird thing about those daydream scenes is that in the comics
Spoiler:
during the final battle with the Saviors, Negan breaks Rick's leg and he's left with a permanent limp and has to walk with a cane.

Maybe Carl has been reading the Walking Dead comic books.
Old 03-01-18, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
-Rosita: Don't care, except she has a great body (especially when she dresses for Talking Dead).

-Tara: Don't care, as now all of the sudden she is the Sarah Silverman of the TWD World with her one liners.

-Enid: Totally undeveloped, I forget she is on the show sometimes.
Tara, Rosita, and now Enid existed to interact with characters now dead. They have outlived their purpose. They now exist in the kitchen drawer with other random bits and pieces of things you can't remember what they are from and it has been so long now you know you should just throw them out to make room for useful items but can't bring yourself to even though they are useless junk taking up space and instead you try to wedge them into purposes they have no business being used for in order to justify your lack of organizational skills.
Old 03-01-18, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Weird thing about those daydream scenes is that in the comics
Spoiler:
during the final battle with the Saviors, Negan breaks Rick's leg and he's left with a permanent limp and has to walk with a cane.

Maybe Carl has been reading the Walking Dead comic books.
That's what I assumed we were seeing in the "daydream scenes". Rick with gray hair, not blonde, and walking with the cane and limp from your spoiler. I'm not current with the comics, I'm partway through the Life and Death arc,
Spoiler:
so I know that Negan survived the war, but don't know if he is ever released from the cell to live free like in the vision.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.