Reload this Page >

Blue Bloods (CBS) -- Series Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Blue Bloods (CBS) -- Series Thread

Old 01-27-11, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,834 Likes on 2,746 Posts
Re: Blue Bloods -- "Family Ties" -- 1/26/11

Watched this tonight and this IMO was probably one of the dullest episodes of the season.

To me Russian mob storylines are extremely dated and I felt like I was watching something from the 1980's during the cold war era. I got a good laugh at that chick's fiancee (Mischa?) who got gunned down in the beginning with the 1980's haircut. And to top it off, they went through all that investigating and it was the Mom!

And Good Christ, Lola Glaudini looks like hell. She looks like she's aged 10 years since she left Criminal Minds.

BTW, Bobby Cannavale is probably the least believable TV DA. And of course he's going to be Erin Reagan's new boyfriend.

If you want to write a good procedural in 2011, you got to keep it topical and stay far away from dated storylines like this. I'm sure if the writers of this show bought a copy of the NY Times or NY Post on any given day, you could easily come up with 10 possible storylines that will at least be fresh.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-27-11 at 03:54 AM.
Old 01-27-11, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Watched this tonight and this IMO was probably one of the dullest episodes of the season.

To me Russian mob storylines are extremely dated and I felt like I was watching something from the 1980's during the cold war era. I got a good laugh at that chick's fiancee (Mischa?) who got gunned down in the beginning with the 1980's haircut. And to top it off, they went through all that investigating and it was the Mom!

And Good Christ, Lola Glaudini looks like hell. She looks like she's aged 10 years since she left Criminal Minds.

BTW, Bobby Cannavale is probably the least believable TV DA. And of course he's going to be Erin Reagan's new boyfriend.

If you want to write a good procedural in 2011, you got to keep it topical and stay far away from dated storylines like this. I'm sure if the writers of this show bought a copy of the NY Times or NY Post on any given day, you could easily come up with 10 possible storylines that will at least be fresh.
I thought it was me since typically I do not stay up that late to watch television. This had to be the most boring...badly written episode of the season.
Old 01-27-11, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by djones6746
This had to be the most boring...badly written episode of the season.
yeah and this also happened to be the first ever ep a friend of mine watched after I mentioned how the show was pretty good and moved time slots blah blah "So check it out..." .

I doubt they will watch another ep. Sooo dull and talk talk talk this time it was almost like a totally different show then I've been watching up to now..
Old 01-27-11, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
yeah and this also happened to be the first ever ep a friend of mine watched after I mentioned how the show was pretty good and moved time slots blah blah "So check it out..." .

I doubt they will watch another ep. Sooo dull and talk talk talk this time it was almost like a totally different show then I've been watching up to now..

Yup, you got your friend to watch probably the worst episode of the season. Next week's does look good though.
Old 02-02-11, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Blue Bloods -- "Hall of Mirrors" -- 2/02/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-10-10

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When an undercover counter-terrorism agent is shot, Frank assigns Danny to the case because he is the only officer he can trust given the victim's involvement with infiltrating a sleeper cell; however, Danny is sworn to secrecy as to not disrupt the police activity in that cell.

Episode 12 of 22-24

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GZW6Nfc2C8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For the most part, I've really liked this show, but last week's episode about the Russian Mob was a complete bore. This week looks promising.

Next Wednesday (2/9) will be the last airing in this timeslot. It moves back to Friday's on the 18th. Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior will eventually take over this timeslot.
Old 02-06-11, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Blue Bloods -- "Hall of Mirrors" -- 2/02/11

This week was much better. Did you watch it? Seems like another show you and I are alone watching here. The Russian Mob ep was terrible. It was like the regular writers had the week off and they brought in replacement writers. My faith is restored after this last episode. I guess all series have a bad egg in every season.
Old 02-06-11, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also watch this just don't post much. Liked the way Danny's partner figured out what was the "mystery".

Doug
Old 02-08-11, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 104 Posts

I am enjoying this show. I especially like the use of Michael Weiss to build up the backstory/mystery around the brothers death.
Old 02-09-11, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Blue Bloods -- "My Funny Valentine" -- 2/09/11

By null at 2010-10-10

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When a young girl is kidnapped and held for ransom, Danny and Jackie place her drug-addicted boyfriend at the top of their suspect list. Meanwhile, Erin and her boss, Charles Rossellini, take their flirtatious banter a step further.

Episode 14 of 24 --

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cO-c5elV7qM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is the final Wednesday airing. The Criminal Minds spinoff takes over this timeslot next week. It moves back to Friday next week.
Old 02-18-11, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Blue Bloods -- "Dedication" -- 2/18/11

By djariya at 2010-10-10

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When an assassination attempt is made on Magnum's life, Danny goes on a hunt to track down the shooter and find out if the attack was random or by someone with a vendetta against the Commissioner.

Episode 15 of 24

Back to Friday's for the rest of the season.

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zld7LVI7STI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-22-11, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Blue Bloods -- "Dedication" -- 2/18/11

Catching up with my television over the last couple of days. Another good ep...guess there is not much interest here for this show. I can understand how some shows simply do not make it. There is so much on television and so little time to watch it all in my world. Over the past couple of weeks, I have thought about cutting the shows I watch down to a handful as in the past. My list has been growing well above that and for me it is very difficult to watch them all in a weeks time.
Old 02-22-11, 08:37 AM

I love that the summary called him Magnum. Nice.
Old 02-22-11, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by djones6746
Catching up with my television over the last couple of days. Another good ep...guess there is not much interest here for this show. I can understand how some shows simply do not make it. There is so much on television and so little time to watch it all in my world. Over the past couple of weeks, I have thought about cutting the shows I watch down to a handful as in the past. My list has been growing well above that and for me it is very difficult to watch them all in a weeks time.
I think Blue Bloods is one of the better new shows this season. I wouldn't continue to do the threads if I didn't think so. However, by the time I get to it, over a week has already passed and unless it's a really popular show nooone cares about talking about it expect for the casual lurker clicks.

This was a solid episode though. Some good drama with Magnum's assassination attempt.
Old 02-22-11, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts

I think Blue Bloods is one of the better new shows this season. I wouldn't continue to do the threads if I didn't think so. However, by the time I get to it, over a week has already passed and unless it's a really popular show nooone cares about talking about it expect for the casual lurker clicks.

This was a solid episode though. Some good drama with Magnum's assassination attempt.
I agree on all counts. I just watched this one last night and loved it, but it's 2/22 already. Honestly I didn't even realize it'd moved back to Fridays since I just watch it whenever I get the chance. I always like it when I do, but it's not one I just have to watch right away.
Old 02-22-11, 03:00 PM

I am concerned this will be a one-and-done show, as its ratings are not strong, and apparently its primary audience is older than the desired one.

The show is so damn good I hope it lasts.
Old 03-11-11, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Blue Bloods -- "Silver Star" -- 3/11/11

By djariya at 2011-01-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When a former U.S. Marine and war hero-turned-homeless man is found murdered, Danny, a former Marine himself, feels a personal connection and is determined to find the killer. Meanwhile, erroneous information about Frank running for mayor is leaked to the press.

Episode 17 of 24

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2SXZ6IzwcXw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even though I'm starting to really like The Chicago Code, Tom Selleck on this show blows away Jennifer Beals in the higher Police Official role.
Old 05-13-11, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Blue Bloods -- Season Finale -- "The Blue Templar" -- 5/13/11

By djariya at 2010-10-10

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When a drug bust points to dirty cops, Frank decides not to involve Internal Affairs in the hopes of taking down and exposing the Blue Templar.

Episode 22 of 22

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PGOv-yC0P3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is anyone here still watching this? I kind of fell behind, but caught up recently. This is the episode that is supposed to resolve the The Blue Templar arc that the show started with this season. Most of the episodes this season were self contained, but I thought this arc was very interesting. I know tonight will mostly be about Smallville, so I'm not going to expect many of you to chime in tonight.
Old 05-13-11, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Blue Bloods -- Season Finale -- "The Blue Templar" -- 5/13/11

I watch it regularly and I will watch just about any show with Selleck on it. This may not be the best cop show around but it is still a "good" one.
Old 05-13-11, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

nice wrap up of the blue templar story so that if they don't get renewed the fans got a conclusion
I think it'll be coming back though, it's as good as any other police/law/etc show on any of the main networks even when it had stand alone episodes that had nothing to do with the templar story

and the kidnap victim needs to become a semi regular
Old 05-14-11, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MScottM
I watch it regularly and I will watch just about any show with Selleck on it. This may not be the best cop show around but it is still a "good" one.
i watched the first couple...forgot about it, and then picked it up after missing a few and got hooked. Tom Selleck is just badass...not sure what it is, but he's got it and then some. He's really thriving in this more patriarchal role befitting his age (66!).

It's a good show, not great...but it's gotten stronger as the season has progressed, which is a great sign for a first season. It should definitely be renewed, but since I like it it's probably a goner.
Old 05-14-11, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought it was pretty bold for a network show to have one of the leads basically taunt a guy into committing suicide. But like others have said, Selleck can bring it, and he made it a very compelling scene.
Old 05-16-11, 10:14 AM

I wouldn't say the guy was taunted into shooting himself, but it showed the leads to be hard men - they didn't argue he shouldn't do it, didn't grant absolution or even a modicum of mercy. I thought it was a great scene.

This was a great season finally. I really appreciated that the first season ended with solid closure rather than a cliffhanger - a classy move I wish more shows would make, especially if a follow-on season is not assured.
Old 05-16-11, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
I thought it was pretty bold for a network show to have one of the leads basically taunt a guy into committing suicide. But like others have said, Selleck can bring it, and he made it a very compelling scene.
Brilliant scene. And if telling a guy with a gun to his head that "Everyone dies; it's just a matter of when" isn't taunting, or at least encouraging, the guy to off himself, I don't know what it is. Of course that's what he was doing--the guy killed his son.

This was the best new show this season, and I hope it comes back.
Old 05-16-11, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by uteotw
Brilliant scene. And if telling a guy with a gun to his head that "Everyone dies; it's just a matter of when" isn't taunting, or at least encouraging, the guy to off himself, I don't know what it is. Of course that's what he was doing--the guy killed his son.

This was the best new show this season, and I hope it comes back.
NY Times reported it will be back. Won't be official until Wednesday.

However, the 2 creators of the show left after the season wrapped. CBS will have to hire a new showrunner for season 2.
Old 05-17-11, 09:11 AM

NY Times reported it will be back. Won't be official until Wednesday.

However, the 2 creators of the show left after the season wrapped. CBS will have to hire a new showrunner for season 2.
Hmmmm ... any idea why they left, or if they might come back to?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.