TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Blue Bloods (CBS) -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-10, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CBS orders back 9 for Hawaii Five-O, Blue Bloods, The Defenders & more

Originally Posted by DJariya
Glad H-50 and Blue Bloods got picked up. Just started watching my recording for The Defenders.

Can't believe that Shit my Dad says got a full season. Pretty much everyone in this forum hated it.
No surprise with Five O and Blue Bloods. I have not watched the other two and most likely never will.
Old 10-21-10, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,923 Likes on 2,799 Posts

I saw another story that Five-O got the back 9 plus 2 additional script orders for a possible back 11

Shit my Dad says actually got 6 more episodes plus 3 script orders. Not that anyone here really gives a Shit.

Mike and Molly (the fat people comedy) got the back 9 plus possibly 2 extra episodes.
Old 10-21-10, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

It's amazing as talentless as Jim Belushi is, he manages to find success with TV.
Old 10-22-10, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Blue Bloods -- "What You See" -- 10/22/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-10-10

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Frank and Danny search for a homemade bomb they learn is going to be detonated in Manhattan. The investigation leads to an argument about the pros and cons of profiling.

Episode 5 of 22

This got a full season order on Thursday. 22 episodes is tentative right now, it could change to a few less depending on CBS's scheduling for midseason.

Anyways, I'm glad this got a full season. I know not everyone here likes it, but the cast has been solid and the creative team has done a good job so far IMO.

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bq2Q8WS6y8Y?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bq2Q8WS6y8Y?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 10-22-10, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 675 Likes on 546 Posts

Defenders is the only one I really care about.
Old 10-22-10, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Blue Bloods -- "What You See" -- 10/22/10

On the eve of tonight's contentious Blue Bloods episode (10/9c, CBS), in which a terrorist threat finds the Reagan brood — a family of New York City cops and lawyers headed by Tom Selleck's patriarch, police chief Frank — at loggerheads over racial profiling, the TV icon sat down for a chat about his current and past alter egos.

TV Guide Magazine: Do you like being back on a series?
Selleck: I love the show. In a series, your character grows and changes from week to week. That's unique, and the challenge is to keep making it better.

TV Guide Magazine: Your schedule has you going back and forth from Los Angeles to New York City. How's that working out?
Selleck: [Exec producer] Leonard Goldberg said, "Let's say you're working four days out of eight on an episode. We'll put the four days at the end of one shoot and the beginning of the next." That's allowing me 10 days or so a month in L.A., which is great, because my wife and daughters are there.

TV Guide Magazine: Do you worry that the show's central conceit — that so many people in one family, tightly related occupationally, often find themselves working on the same case — could get implausible over time?
Selleck: Yes. That's something that has to be watched out for. Eventually, I think you'll be seeing A and B stories where Frank is involved in one thing and his sons in another.

TV Guide Magazine: Frank has plenty of dialogue, and yet there's something mysterious about him...
Selleck: Yeah. He's a widower. He's lonely. He lost his wife five years before the series started, and he lost his son a year [ago]. So he's complex.

TV Guide Magazine: Are we going to find out that Frank is some kind of grand Poo-Bah of the society of cops, the Blue Templars?
Selleck: I don't know! [Creators] Robin [Green] and Mitch [Burgess] are protective of that stuff.

TV Guide Magazine: Is it ever mentioned how his wife died?
Selleck: No. I keep trying to pin down the writers. I would like to know. My feeling is it was one of two things: a tragic disease or an accident.

TV Guide Magazine: Or the Blue Templars.
Selleck: No! Not the Blue Templars! Actually, I can't say that. I don't know.

TV Guide Magazine: What's the status of the Jesse Stone franchise? Was there ever any discussion of that being a series?
Selleck: In some ways Jesse Stone is a series, but it's a series of movies. No. 7 is done and ready to go. It's called Innocents Lost. I think CBS will wait till spring to air it because of Blue Bloods. Hopefully, Blue Bloods will get renewed and we'll shoot [Jesse Stone's] No. 8 during the next hiatus.

TV Guide Magazine: You've been associated with right-wing causes for many years. Is it just coincidence that you wound up playing a character named Frank Reagan?
Selleck: I've actually been a registered Independent for 20 years, but the name is a coincidence. The show was originally called Reagan's Law. But I knew Ronald Reagan and his wife, so it was a little ironic.

TV Guide Magazine: Think you'll ever play Magnum again?
Selleck: I keep hearing about a movie. Universal has the rights, and they don't call and they don't write. That said, if you took a poll tomorrow as to who should play him, I can almost guarantee that I would win. My fear is, we see too many examples of studios buying the rights to a franchise, then spending $100 million on explosions and trivializing and making fun of it. Magnum's in the Smithsonian, and for a very serious reason. It was the first show to portray Vietnam veterans in a positive light. I'm very proud of that.
For those of you who are watching, this is a nice little interview with Selleck about the show and his future plans. Mentions there is probably going to be another Jesse Stone movie too.
Old 10-22-10, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Shit My Dad Says gets a full season, and Running Wilde will get canned. I hate TV.
Well, Running Wilde does suck. That's why it would get canned.
Old 10-23-10, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why does Danny have a new partner every week?
Old 10-23-10, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just finished viewing last night's episode. Great show!!! Everybody has their own tastes but I really do not understand what there is not to like about this show. Is it Tom Selleck? Do people have a hard time seeing him in this role after so many years of Magnum PI? He along with the other cast members are doing an excellent job with this show and the writers associated with this show are also doing a good job.
Old 10-23-10, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dalbowski
Why does Danny have a new partner every week?
that's the only thing I don't like
I was hoping with having a recognizable actress like Jennifer Esposito on last week that it meant he was getting a permanent partner
Old 10-23-10, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by djones6746
No surprise with Five O and Blue Bloods. I have not watched the other two and most likely never will.
I have to correct myself...I stated I most likely would not watch The Defenders. Well....went to cbs.com and watched episodes 2 and 3...since 1 is no longer available....and I love it. One more show to add to my list. Great to hear CBS is supporting the show with a full season. I love James Belushi's characters. Enjoyed alot of the older movies he did back in the late 80's and early 90's.
Old 10-23-10, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I haven't watched anything on CBS in years, but now they've somehow tricked me into watching Hawaii 5-0 and The Defenders by putting on some quality tv.
Old 10-23-10, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dan30oly
I haven't watched anything on CBS in years, but now they've somehow tricked me into watching Hawaii 5-0 and The Defenders by putting on some quality tv.
Blue Bloods is worthwhile also...
Old 10-23-10, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Do we know if these were shown in proper order?
Old 10-23-10, 10:13 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

another solid episode Walberg is carrying the load which is fine
Old 10-23-10, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Awesome news to hear he's still up for more Jesse Stone.
Old 10-24-10, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by mikehunt
that's the only thing I don't like
I was hoping with having a recognizable actress like Jennifer Esposito on last week that it meant he was getting a permanent partner
She's back next week.
Old 10-24-10, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
another solid episode Walberg is carrying the load which is fine
I agree...he is doing a great job. I think we will see his name in movies down the road. Give it a year or two but I think he will be offered some leading or at least supporting roles in the future in some high profile movies...not the under the radar type.
Old 10-29-10, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Blue Bloods -- "Smack Attack" -- 10/29/10

By djariya at 2010-10-10

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Three teens die from a drug overdose and Danny tries to discover the narcotic's source before an epidemic breaks out.

Guest star:
Jennifer Esposito

Episode 6 of 22

There are 3 more new episodes left after tonight before the show takes the Holidays off. Tentatively the show is going into repeats starting the day after Thanksgiving all the way to January.

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hPdSARxktl0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hPdSARxktl0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 10-30-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Blue Bloods -- "Smack Attack" -- 10/29/10

hey little girl, maybe your mom would take you seriously if you didn't look like a boy

family dinner argument time on this show is annoying
Old 10-30-10, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mikehunt
hey little girl, maybe your mom would take you seriously if you didn't look like a boy

family dinner argument time on this show is annoying
I agree...then the dinner thing at the end was not really needed.

Other than that I enjoyed the show this week.
Old 10-31-10, 01:16 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

yeah another enjoying episode. Don't force the family drama just for the sake of it. If it fits in fine, if not leave it out
Old 10-31-10, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,975 Likes on 1,207 Posts

I've been meaning to catch this show and this ep was the first one I was able to watch. I love Tom Selleck in his role and I like the overall feel of the show. This ep did feel a bit "Law and Order-ish", but that's not a bad thing.
Old 11-04-10, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Really liking this show after catching up on a few on the dvr.

The pace is good and so is the writing. Might be one of the few new shows we actually keep watching and we hope that it will be picked up for more episodes.
Old 11-05-10, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Blue Bloods -- "Brothers" -- 11/05/10

By djariya at 2010-09-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Erin attempts to bring down a notorious gang leader by using his straight-arrow brother as bait. Her methods lead to a family debate over the legitimacy of her actions.

Episode 7 of 22

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4apPJlkavXk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4apPJlkavXk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.