Blue Bloods (CBS) -- Series Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-17-11, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,834 Likes on 2,746 Posts
Re: Blue Bloods -- Season Finale -- "The Blue Templar" -- 5/13/11

Originally Posted by outlander78
Hmmmm ... any idea why they left, or if they might come back to?
The excuse was "Creative differences"
Old 05-17-11, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,051 Likes on 832 Posts

You'll know for sure when Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber join the cast as regulars.
Old 05-17-11, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by richc2
you'll know for sure when selena gomez and justin bieber join the cast as regulars.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Old 05-18-11, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk God

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/ed-z...s-blue-bloods/

Ed Zuckerman, a former producer on Law and Order, was hired as Blue Bloods new showrunner for season 2.

BTW, I did see this tonight. Very nice wrap up to the Blue Templar arc. Everyone on the cast including Selleck and Wahlberg did fine work on this show in it's 1st season.
Old 05-18-11, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The suicide reminded me of another great Tom Selleck ending.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vXa9wipv6j8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-18-11, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/ed-z...s-blue-bloods/

Ed Zuckerman, a former producer on Law and Order, was hired as Blue Bloods new showrunner for season 2.

BTW, I did see this tonight. Very nice wrap up to the Blue Templar arc. Everyone on the cast including Selleck and Wahlberg did fine work on this show in it's 1st season.
That sounds good. I agree, all the leads do a great job, including Danny's kids.
Old 09-23-11, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Blue Bloods -- Season 2 (Yeah it's a NY Cop show, but Selleck rocks) -- 9/23/11 (CBS)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-23

Synopsis for "Mercy"

Spoiler:
When a supporter for the mayor elect is found dead, Frank is put on the spot when the mayor wants him to position it to the public as a random act of violence. Meanwhile, Jamie goes undercover at a bar and meets a suspicious patron, on the second season premiere of BLUE BLOODS, Friday, Sept. 23 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Read more: Listings - BLUE BLOODS on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1YnrxoyWj

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B4cwUXlPOlI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CBS hired a new showrunner for season 2, Ed Zuckerman, who worked on Law and Order. The episodes are reportedly going to be more self contained this season to help sell the show to international markets and help their replay value in repeats. Hence, I'm only doing 1 thread this season since not every episode will have alot to talk about.

I'm glad they wrapped up with Blue Templar arc at the end of last season without any crazy cliffhangers. Very satisfying 1st season.
Old 09-24-11, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Blue Bloods -- Season 2 (Yeah it's a NY Cop show, but Selleck rocks) -- 9/23/11 (

so they're trying to set up the commissioner's son going under cover with the mob?
please
ok, some bar that doesn't check IDs and lets people sell drugs in the back I can believe, but no way organized crime isn't going to know what the commissioner's police officer sons look like
Old 09-25-11, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Blue Bloods -- Season 2 (Yeah it's a NY Cop show, but Selleck rocks) -- 9/23/11 (

Decent but getting way too predictable
Old 09-26-11, 02:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikehunt
so they're trying to set up the commissioner's son going under cover with the mob?
please
ok, some bar that doesn't check IDs and lets people sell drugs in the back I can believe, but no way organized crime isn't going to know what the commissioner's police officer sons look like
Most bars have some shadiness. NYC has a shitload of bars and probably more shadiness, but I'm also not a fan of this upcoming storyline.
Old 10-22-11, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.

while this undercover plot will likely be good, I still can't suspend my disbelief at the commissioner's son working under cover in a mafia family
Old 09-28-13, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk God

TENSIONS ARE HIGH IN THE REAGAN HOUSEHOLD WHEN ERIN DROPS THE CHARGES AGAINST A SUSPECT WANTED IN THE DEATH OF AN NYPD OFFICER, ON THE FOURTH SEASON PREMIERE OF "BLUE BLOODS," FRIDAY, SEPT. 27

"Unwritten Rules" - When an armed robbery ends with the death of a police officer, Frank makes it a mission for the NYPD to bring the suspect to justice. However, tensions run high in the Reagan household when Erin drops the charges and releases the suspect due to lack of evidence, on the fourth season premiere of BLUE BLOODS, Friday, Sept. 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Tom Selleck (Frank Reagan)
Donnie Wahlberg (Danny Reagan)
Bridget Moynahan (Erin Reagan-Boyle)
Will Estes (Jamie Reagan)
Len Cariou (Henry Reagan)
Marisa Ramirez (Det. Maria Baez)
Amy Carlson (Linda Reagan)
Sami Gayle (Nicky Reagan-Boyle)

RECURRING CAST:

Tony Terraciano (Jack Reagan)
Andrew Terraciano (Sean Reagan)
Abigail Hawk (Abigail Baker)
Gregory Jbara (DCPI Garrett Moore)
Vanessa Ray (Eddie)
John Ventimiglia (Dino Arbogast)

GUEST CAST:

Amy Morton (Amanda)
Malcom Goodwin (Angelo)
Auden Thornton (Angie)
Ryan Johnston (Joey)
Ejyp Johnson (Trevor)
Sylvia Kauders (Mrs. Caruso)
Josh Tower (Detective Donnelly)
James Martinez (Salazar)
Racine Russell (Uniform # 1)
Amanda Holston (Officer Collins)
Kathleen McNenny (ER Doctor)

WRITTEN BY: Ian Biederman

DIRECTED BY: David Barrett

I don't know how many here watch this show. I got caught up with it over the summer and followed the whole drama with CBS firing Jennifer Esposito and replacing her with several different actresses.

I like the new girl that was cast, Marisa Ramirez. She was the one that gelled the most with Donnie Wahlberg. I think this is a really good family drama and police procedural. I know there isn't a lot of recurring plot to talk about, but I think it's worth having a thread in existence to talk about once in a while.
Old 09-29-13, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Blue Bloods (CBS) -- Series Thread

I like the show. interesting that they did another dead cop episode yet didn't mention that youngest reagan just lost his partner
Old 09-29-13, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk God

It was an okay first episode. However, the plot of a cop getting murdered and it's the mission of the NYPD to find the killer is a little old. Wahlberg and Malcolm Goodwin from Breakout Kings did have some funny interactions. And why do stupid ass perps always touch their gun when surrounded by a dozen cops?

Jamie's new partner is kind of cute.
Old 02-01-14, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

most ridiculous ear muffs I've ever seen

this is a good show, just doesn't have anything to comment on each week, so hopefully there are some viewers of it that will see the thread bump and check in and get a laugh from the pic
Old 09-27-14, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

didn't see a thread for the new season
That guy getting tased and falling into traffic was awesome
Old 09-28-14, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Excellent 1st episode. I know this show doesn't get talked about here, but it's a very underrated procedural. Interesting to hear Frank say he hates his job.

I enjoyed the Danny and Baez storyline in the 1st episode. Some intense stuff, especially that opening shootout. Baez can be annoying too. But that was a sad scene when her brother died taking a bullet for her.

at Jamie denying he has feelings for his hot partner. Good luck with that. They have been playing up them since last season. It will happen eventually.
Old 09-28-14, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
didn't see a thread for the new season
That guy getting tased and falling into traffic was awesome
Note to self: check traffic before tazing someone near roadway!
Old 01-30-15, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,189 Posts

So we kinda binged this show up to s4. But then we noticed s5 isn't on Hulu Plus. Anyone know what's up? I see where CBS did a deal with Hulu for this show but no s5 eps are up.
Old 01-30-15, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when jaime's partner says she "looks like a ten year old boy dressed up for halloween" when in uniform, i want to shout yeah a HOT ten year old boy.

probably shouldn't do that in mixed company.
Old 01-30-15, 07:06 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 597 Likes on 341 Posts

A friend of mine is playing a recurring role in this show - Det. Powell.
Old 01-30-15, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
So we kinda binged this show up to s4. But then we noticed s5 isn't on Hulu Plus. Anyone know what's up? I see where CBS did a deal with Hulu for this show but no s5 eps are up.
Hulu & Netflix (both carry the show) doesn't have the current season of Blue Bloods.

You won't be able to watch season 5 until probably this Fall when season 6 premieres.
Old 01-30-15, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,189 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Hulu & Netflix (both carry the show) doesn't have the current season of Blue Bloods.

You won't be able to watch season 5 until probably this Fall when season 6 premieres.
Weird. I know Netflix takes time but i figured Hulu Plus would be current. Oh well...

Thanks.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 12-27-16 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-30-15, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Weird. I nnow Netflix takes time but i fivured Hulu Plus would be current. Oh well...

Thanks.
Hulu doesn't carry current seasons of any CBS show. You can only stream current season episodes on CBS.com or their paid streaming service. CBS.com however only posts the last few episodes that aired.
Old 12-27-16, 08:45 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Geez been a while since any talk about this show

This season has been ok, some good episodes, some boring ones. Still a bit too preachy

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.