TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Old 03-18-13, 10:20 AM
  #76  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 57,508
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Oh and yeah, the forced music at the end is out of place and needs to go.
Michael Corvin is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 10:54 AM
  #77  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,829
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

I assumed that the Gov wasn't dumb enough to leave the keys in the truck. Also, it also seemed like Andrea lost her knife in the building somewhere, otherwise she would have slashed the tires or tried to stab the Gov upon capture.

Didn't require too much thought on my part...
SuckaMC is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 11:36 AM
  #78  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 469
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by gmanca View Post
The way the Governor got to Andrea at the end was bullshit, a deus-ex-machina that was forced upon by not planning out that story arc with consideration to the episode count.

There is no way that he beats her to the prison without using a truck and thus being able to be heard.
Except for the fact that she'd been walking/running the entire way from Woodbury. If he decided to go on foot from the warehouse, he could easily catch up to her.

I think people are stretching for things to bitch about.
dave94 is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 11:41 AM
  #79  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 16,435
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
Well at least Game of Thrones premieres in 2 weeks so I can watch a show where something you know actually happens.

Season 3 second half -how to take 8 episodes to show 2 episodes worth of material. Snooze.
Hah, people used to complain that GoT would have 'filler' episodes with people just talking.
superdeluxe is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 11:42 AM
  #80  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 16,435
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

So do people think any of the woodbury survivors will connect with Rick's group heading into season 4? Or does everyone at woodbury die. I'm mostly speaking of Milton, Tyrese, etc.
superdeluxe is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 11:43 AM
  #81  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 16,435
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by windom View Post
Yikes...does this mean I need to leave these threads until I see the finale? I remember last season when people were referencing spoilers indirectly outside of spoiler tags. Even though indirect it was enough for most to figure out what they might have been referring to.
Yeah I would get out, I remember Zombie Shane photos popping up.
superdeluxe is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 12:20 PM
  #82  
Senior Member
 
Terminal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bronx, New York
Posts: 671
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
So do people think any of the woodbury survivors will connect with Rick's group heading into season 4? Or does everyone at woodbury die. I'm mostly speaking of Milton, Tyrese, etc.
I'm thinking only Tyreese and MAYBE MAYBE Andrea will re-connect with Rick and co. and go on the lam for survival next season.
Terminal is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 12:41 PM
  #83  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,343
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by windom View Post
Yikes...does this mean I need to leave these threads until I see the finale? I remember last season when people were referencing spoilers indirectly outside of spoiler tags. Even though indirect it was enough for most to figure out what they might have been referring to.
Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
Yeah I would get out, I remember Zombie Shane photos popping up.
I recall the spoiler pictures of Shane or Sophia being in spoiler tags. I only recall people talking about comic book spoilers openly and the complaints about it, but not actual episode spoilers out there. I could be wrong though.
fumanstan is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 12:46 PM
  #84  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,797
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
I recall the spoiler pictures of Shane or Sophia being in spoiler tags. I only recall people talking about comic book spoilers openly and the complaints about it, but not actual episode spoilers out there. I could be wrong though.
I remember people making non-specific remarks about what was in the spoiler tags outside of spoiler tags...and it was enough to sorta make a guess about what they were commenting on.
windom is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 12:50 PM
  #85  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 16,435
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by windom View Post
I remember people making non-specific remarks about what was in the spoiler tags outside of spoiler tags...and it was enough to sorta make a guess about what they were commenting on.
Exactly..I think someone mentioned that Shane was cast in a new series? Although you really can't avoid that info.
superdeluxe is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 01:15 PM
  #86  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 21,885
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Milton seems to be a good bet to return next season. The writers really seem to like the character and have given him a huge chunk of the more important moments this season.

And I have figured out why Talking Dead doesn't work as anything but a promotional vehicle for the show. They obviously can't discuss any criticisms or weaknesses of the series, which turns everything into asking the actors how they felt about shooting a scene and never getting anything more than platitudes in return.
PhantomStranger is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 01:42 PM
  #87  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,304
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Even if this show sucks at how they write for Minorities and Women, I LOOOOVE that the High Profile Blacks generally don't trust any of these muther fuckers. Tyrese and His Sister giving Andrea a hard time was great. Tyrese and his Sister are already giving the Gov the Side Eye. It didn't take them as long as Andrea to figure out shit is funky in Woodbury. Michone's distrust or Woodbury and Rick's people was another example.
Giantrobo is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 01:45 PM
  #88  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,304
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post

And I have figured out why Talking Dead doesn't work as anything but a promotional vehicle for the show. They obviously can't discuss any criticisms or weaknesses of the series, which turns everything into asking the actors how they felt about shooting a scene and never getting anything more than platitudes in return.
It serves to give fans an extra 30min or whatever of The Walking Dead talk without going to deep into the pos and neg of the show. At least that was what I got out of it.
Giantrobo is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 01:47 PM
  #89  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,304
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Oh and yeah, the forced music at the end is out of place and needs to go.

I find that when that music starts it just signal a wrap up so there's a bit of a let "Awwe, Maaaan. It's over" feeling.

I'd rather have the show go along then BAM! Credits and end theme.
Giantrobo is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 02:14 PM
  #90  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 16,435
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Even if this show sucks at how they write for Minorities and Women, I LOOOOVE that the High Profile Blacks generally don't trust any of these muther fuckers. Tyrese and His Sister giving Andrea a hard time was great. Tyrese and his Sister are already giving the Gov the Side Eye. It didn't take them as long as Andrea to figure out shit is funky in Woodbury. Michone's distrust or Woodbury and Rick's people was another example.
Agree.

Korean bad ass gets the hot white southern girl. Go Glen!
superdeluxe is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 02:16 PM
  #91  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,343
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

People don't trust each other in general on this show, regardless of race.
fumanstan is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 02:19 PM
  #92  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,304
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
People don't trust each other in general on this show, regardless of race.
It takes some longer than others to figure shit out though...

Just an observation.
Giantrobo is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 03:39 PM
  #93  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 16,578
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

I, too, have hated the music queues over the past few weeks...which have nothing do to with the episode (unlike the great use of "Civilian" in Season 2's "18 Miles Out"), but rather the fact that AMC is trying to sell a Walking Dead CD, so they're putting songs into episodes where they serve no purpose.

I thought last night's show was rather lame, but I haven't decided yet if that's because I hate Andrea's character or if it was simply as poorly written as I thought. The whole warehouse sequence seemed like something you'd see on network TV, and not something the writers of a superior drama would waste their time with...just very cliche. The idea that Andrea would not see (or more importantly HEAR) three walkers coming at her in the woods in the middle of the day was also pretty hard to swallow.

Anyone else read the online comparisons being made between the Governor and KILL BILL's Elle? Just for the record, Elle's got the better outfit and the better whistle.

Shannon Nutt is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 04:18 PM
  #94  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 57,508
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by SuckaMC View Post
I assumed that the Gov wasn't dumb enough to leave the keys in the truck.
Why? He's going in for the kill. He's a confident motherfucker.

Second, it's not a stretch to think it's best to leave the keys in the ignition for a hasty exit if need be.
Michael Corvin is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 04:39 PM
  #95  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 16,578
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

If the Gov knew she was going to the prison anyway, why not wait for her there to begin with?

And Andrea, if you're being chased by a truck, go in areas a truck can't...not open fields and main roads.
Shannon Nutt is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 05:04 PM
  #96  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,829
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Why? He's going in for the kill. He's a confident motherfucker.

Second, it's not a stretch to think it's best to leave the keys in the ignition for a hasty exit if need be.
Because if he did leave the keys, I would assume Andrea would have taken the truck. I don't need every little thing spelled out for me.
SuckaMC is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 05:28 PM
  #97  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: TX
Posts: 916
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Most ridiculous line of dialog:

Andrea to Michonne : "Do you want to talk about it?"

Michonne: Glare
n.phelge is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 05:30 PM
  #98  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,343
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by n.phelge View Post
Most ridiculous line of dialog:

Andrea to Michonne : "Do you want to talk about it?"

Michonne: Glare
Yeah, I didn't get the point of that flashback. I thought it would have been more interesting to have Michonne give some back story and maybe show a stronger relationship between Andrea and her, but it was the same stupid stuff we saw when she was first introduced.
fumanstan is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 05:41 PM
  #99  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,265
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
Yeah, I didn't get the point of that flashback. I thought it would have been more interesting to have Michonne give some back story and maybe show a stronger relationship between Andrea and her, but it was the same stupid stuff we saw when she was first introduced.
I thought they were going to make out or something. No not for the lecherous or prurient element, but to show that their relationship was more than what we assumed at the beginning of season 1. That would have been a good reveal.
johnnysd is offline  
Old 03-18-13, 07:08 PM
  #100  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Gambit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Posts: 1,033
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
Yeah, I didn't get the point of that flashback. I thought it would have been more interesting to have Michonne give some back story and maybe show a stronger relationship between Andrea and her, but it was the same stupid stuff we saw when she was first introduced.
I assumed it was to point out that Michonne's pet walkers were people she despised before they became walkers and the parallelism in that the Governor was planning on doing something similar to her.
Gambit is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.