Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Old 03-18-13, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Oh and yeah, the forced music at the end is out of place and needs to go.
Old 03-18-13, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I assumed that the Gov wasn't dumb enough to leave the keys in the truck. Also, it also seemed like Andrea lost her knife in the building somewhere, otherwise she would have slashed the tires or tried to stab the Gov upon capture.

Didn't require too much thought on my part...
Old 03-18-13, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by gmanca
The way the Governor got to Andrea at the end was bullshit, a deus-ex-machina that was forced upon by not planning out that story arc with consideration to the episode count.

There is no way that he beats her to the prison without using a truck and thus being able to be heard.
Except for the fact that she'd been walking/running the entire way from Woodbury. If he decided to go on foot from the warehouse, he could easily catch up to her.

I think people are stretching for things to bitch about.
Old 03-18-13, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Well at least Game of Thrones premieres in 2 weeks so I can watch a show where something you know actually happens.

Season 3 second half -how to take 8 episodes to show 2 episodes worth of material. Snooze.
Hah, people used to complain that GoT would have 'filler' episodes with people just talking.
Old 03-18-13, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So do people think any of the woodbury survivors will connect with Rick's group heading into season 4? Or does everyone at woodbury die. I'm mostly speaking of Milton, Tyrese, etc.
Old 03-18-13, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by windom
Yikes...does this mean I need to leave these threads until I see the finale? I remember last season when people were referencing spoilers indirectly outside of spoiler tags. Even though indirect it was enough for most to figure out what they might have been referring to.
Yeah I would get out, I remember Zombie Shane photos popping up.
Old 03-18-13, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
So do people think any of the woodbury survivors will connect with Rick's group heading into season 4? Or does everyone at woodbury die. I'm mostly speaking of Milton, Tyrese, etc.
I'm thinking only Tyreese and MAYBE MAYBE Andrea will re-connect with Rick and co. and go on the lam for survival next season.
Old 03-18-13, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Yikes...does this mean I need to leave these threads until I see the finale? I remember last season when people were referencing spoilers indirectly outside of spoiler tags. Even though indirect it was enough for most to figure out what they might have been referring to.
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Yeah I would get out, I remember Zombie Shane photos popping up.
I recall the spoiler pictures of Shane or Sophia being in spoiler tags. I only recall people talking about comic book spoilers openly and the complaints about it, but not actual episode spoilers out there. I could be wrong though.
Old 03-18-13, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I recall the spoiler pictures of Shane or Sophia being in spoiler tags. I only recall people talking about comic book spoilers openly and the complaints about it, but not actual episode spoilers out there. I could be wrong though.
I remember people making non-specific remarks about what was in the spoiler tags outside of spoiler tags...and it was enough to sorta make a guess about what they were commenting on.
Old 03-18-13, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I remember people making non-specific remarks about what was in the spoiler tags outside of spoiler tags...and it was enough to sorta make a guess about what they were commenting on.
Exactly..I think someone mentioned that Shane was cast in a new series? Although you really can't avoid that info.
Old 03-18-13, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Milton seems to be a good bet to return next season. The writers really seem to like the character and have given him a huge chunk of the more important moments this season.

And I have figured out why Talking Dead doesn't work as anything but a promotional vehicle for the show. They obviously can't discuss any criticisms or weaknesses of the series, which turns everything into asking the actors how they felt about shooting a scene and never getting anything more than platitudes in return.
Old 03-18-13, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Even if this show sucks at how they write for Minorities and Women, I LOOOOVE that the High Profile Blacks generally don't trust any of these muther fuckers. Tyrese and His Sister giving Andrea a hard time was great. Tyrese and his Sister are already giving the Gov the Side Eye. It didn't take them as long as Andrea to figure out shit is funky in Woodbury. Michone's distrust or Woodbury and Rick's people was another example.
Old 03-18-13, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger

And I have figured out why Talking Dead doesn't work as anything but a promotional vehicle for the show. They obviously can't discuss any criticisms or weaknesses of the series, which turns everything into asking the actors how they felt about shooting a scene and never getting anything more than platitudes in return.
It serves to give fans an extra 30min or whatever of The Walking Dead talk without going to deep into the pos and neg of the show. At least that was what I got out of it.
Old 03-18-13, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Oh and yeah, the forced music at the end is out of place and needs to go.

I find that when that music starts it just signal a wrap up so there's a bit of a let "Awwe, Maaaan. It's over" feeling.

I'd rather have the show go along then BAM! Credits and end theme.
Old 03-18-13, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Even if this show sucks at how they write for Minorities and Women, I LOOOOVE that the High Profile Blacks generally don't trust any of these muther fuckers. Tyrese and His Sister giving Andrea a hard time was great. Tyrese and his Sister are already giving the Gov the Side Eye. It didn't take them as long as Andrea to figure out shit is funky in Woodbury. Michone's distrust or Woodbury and Rick's people was another example.
Agree.

Korean bad ass gets the hot white southern girl. Go Glen!
Old 03-18-13, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

People don't trust each other in general on this show, regardless of race.
Old 03-18-13, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

People don't trust each other in general on this show, regardless of race.
It takes some longer than others to figure shit out though...

Just an observation.
Old 03-18-13, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I, too, have hated the music queues over the past few weeks...which have nothing do to with the episode (unlike the great use of "Civilian" in Season 2's "18 Miles Out"), but rather the fact that AMC is trying to sell a Walking Dead CD, so they're putting songs into episodes where they serve no purpose.

I thought last night's show was rather lame, but I haven't decided yet if that's because I hate Andrea's character or if it was simply as poorly written as I thought. The whole warehouse sequence seemed like something you'd see on network TV, and not something the writers of a superior drama would waste their time with...just very cliche. The idea that Andrea would not see (or more importantly HEAR) three walkers coming at her in the woods in the middle of the day was also pretty hard to swallow.

Anyone else read the online comparisons being made between the Governor and KILL BILL's Elle? Just for the record, Elle's got the better outfit and the better whistle.

Old 03-18-13, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by SuckaMC
I assumed that the Gov wasn't dumb enough to leave the keys in the truck.
Why? He's going in for the kill. He's a confident motherfucker.

Second, it's not a stretch to think it's best to leave the keys in the ignition for a hasty exit if need be.
Old 03-18-13, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

If the Gov knew she was going to the prison anyway, why not wait for her there to begin with?

And Andrea, if you're being chased by a truck, go in areas a truck can't...not open fields and main roads.
Old 03-18-13, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Why? He's going in for the kill. He's a confident motherfucker.

Second, it's not a stretch to think it's best to leave the keys in the ignition for a hasty exit if need be.
Because if he did leave the keys, I would assume Andrea would have taken the truck. I don't need every little thing spelled out for me.
Old 03-18-13, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most ridiculous line of dialog:

Andrea to Michonne : "Do you want to talk about it?"

Michonne: Glare
Old 03-18-13, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by n.phelge
Most ridiculous line of dialog:

Andrea to Michonne : "Do you want to talk about it?"

Michonne: Glare
Yeah, I didn't get the point of that flashback. I thought it would have been more interesting to have Michonne give some back story and maybe show a stronger relationship between Andrea and her, but it was the same stupid stuff we saw when she was first introduced.
Old 03-18-13, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Yeah, I didn't get the point of that flashback. I thought it would have been more interesting to have Michonne give some back story and maybe show a stronger relationship between Andrea and her, but it was the same stupid stuff we saw when she was first introduced.
I thought they were going to make out or something. No not for the lecherous or prurient element, but to show that their relationship was more than what we assumed at the beginning of season 1. That would have been a good reveal.
Old 03-18-13, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assumed it was to point out that Michonne's pet walkers were people she despised before they became walkers and the parallelism in that the Governor was planning on doing something similar to her.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.