Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead - SPOILERS Discussion Thread - Show/Comic - News, rumors, casting

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead - SPOILERS Discussion Thread - Show/Comic - News, rumors, casting

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-15, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead: Open Season. Comics/Show/Talking Dead [Spoilers for Everything]

Every character from the comic has been killed in a different way on the show so I'm not sure that Glenn will be killed. But then, maybe that's the expectation they're setting up and they'll actually go through with it.
Old 02-24-15, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: The Walking Dead: Open Season. Comics/Show/Talking Dead [Spoilers for Everything]

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'd just like to mention, as I've said in the comic threads, how much I hate Negan and that his arc from the comics basically felt like a rehash of Woodbury. It feels too soon to go that route already.
I sort of agree but I felt like the show blew it with the Governor. I think Negan could be much better in the show than in the comic if they make him the brutal character that he is.
Old 02-24-15, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

We need a sense of relative peace for a little while before Negan shows up though. There were about 25 issues in Alexandria before he showed up with the politics of the place, some infighting, as well as the other people who tried to enter and got killed. I'm betting Daryl will be one of the people that goes outside the walls to scavenge, no way he just stays inside all day. Probably him, Abraham and Glen along with some new people will scavenge/work outdoors.

Michonne, as in the comics, might take some time to adjust as she was out on her own the most as well.
Old 02-24-15, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil M.
I sort of agree but I felt like the show blew it with the Governor. I think Negan could be much better in the show than in the comic if they make him the brutal character that he is.
Originally Posted by bluetoast
We need a sense of peace for a little while before Negan shows up though. There were about 25 issues in Alexandria before he showed up with the politics of the place, infighting, as well as the other people who tried to enter and got killed. I'm betting Daryl will be one of the people that goes outside the walls to scavenge, no way he just stays inside all day. Probably him, Abraham and Glen along with some new people will scavenge/work outdoors.

Michonne, as in the comics, might take some time to adjust as she was out on her own the most as well.
Good points. I don't have a lot of trust in how the show has handled these story arcs but hopefully they do a better job then they did with the Governor.
Old 02-24-15, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a huge kickback on social media with people going insane over the show suddenly becoming anti-Christian because it had two guys kissing. I can't wait for Jesus to show up... and be gay.
Old 02-25-15, 11:38 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad they never chopped off Rick's hand (which I think Kirkman said once he later regretted writing?).

Hope they skip Carl getting maimed since it was handled so cartoonishly in the comics (a hole big enough to see straight through his head, yet he survives?).

And I really hope Glenn doesn't die by Lucile/Neegan. Funny, with all the deaths in the comics (and show), that was the only one that really bothered me. Maybe because it was so brutal? Maybe Glenn seems like an "every-man" character who is most easily relatable to the reader/viewer (me)?
Old 03-02-15, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you think they might do the time jump at the end of the season?
Old 03-02-15, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'd be surprised if they do the jump; I think they'll do the whole Negan arc first before going that way, just like the comics.

This last episode was interesting; I don't remember the start of the Alexandria/Negan stuff all that well, but basically all these characters they introduced are new right? A woman in charge instead of the guy?
Old 03-02-15, 08:34 AM

Observations & thoughts after last night:
-So no Douglas, instead it's a white woman named Diana. I guess they didn't want yet another black character dying and people bitching about it
-So they'll do the whole Pete & Jesse storyline it seems.
-WTF? No Heath & Denise? Bummer.
Old 03-02-15, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Douglas was black? I thought he was just another white guy.
Old 03-02-15, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Douglas was black? I thought he was just another white guy.
I could be wrong, I thought there was some reference to it, but I may just be that I haven't read that storyline in a while.
Old 03-02-15, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I always thought Douglas was white, but looking at some panels I could see how it could seem a little ambiguous.

Old 03-02-15, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I always thought Douglas was white, but looking at some panels I could see how it could seem a little ambiguous.
The dress is blue and black!
Old 03-02-15, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm pretty sure that Douglas was white. I'm guessing that they wanted to change things up and show that a woman could lead a community instead of a man.
Old 03-02-15, 05:12 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Found this interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/02/travel...ale/index.html

'Walking Dead' town for sale
(CNN)The faded downtown of a small town in Georgia, made famous by an appearance on "The Walking Dead," can now be yours for the right price.

Nine buildings in downtown Grantville are for sale on eBay, and the seller says it's a bargain.

Jim Sells, Grantville's former mayor, bought the buildings in a foreclosure deal about four years ago during the recession. Sells and another investor are now putting them on the market for the starting bid of $680,000.

The town was the setting for "Clear," an episode in season 3 of the hit AMC television show, in which protagonist Rick Grimes returns to his abandoned hometown to look for weapons. A Facebook page offers walking tours of the town's filming locations.

But soon that won't be Grantville's only claim to fame, Sells says.

The former mayor says four movies are slated to be shot in Grantville in upcoming months.

Since the sale was announced, Sells says, thousands of people have checked out the listing. He says potential buyers are asking "lots of serious questions about revenues and property taxes."

Sells says Grantville has plenty of potential but has been overlooked by developers.

"It's a great picturesque little town," he said. "This is a bargain price."

The eBay sale will end March 26. No returns or exchanges, the listing says.
Old 03-02-15, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I always thought Douglas was black.
Old 03-02-15, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Found this interesting.
Shipping must be insanely expensive.
Old 03-03-15, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

So Deana/Diana is really a black man? That explains the disappearance of Father Gabriel ...
Old 03-04-15, 09:53 AM

Well It's really not clear what skin color Douglas was, but Diana's missing husband does imply there won't be an accidental shooting.

Now if I get this correctly Pete, Jesse's husband on the show is the surgeon? So no Denise and no Heath? I was looking forwards to that.
Old 03-04-15, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I highly doubt we're finished meeting characters from Alexandria. My gut tells me that Heath is not going to be in the show. I could see Noah filling that role if they introduce Denise and follow that storyline.
Old 03-04-15, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Luds
Well It's really not clear what skin color Douglas was, but Diana's missing husband does imply there won't be an accidental shooting.

Now if I get this correctly Pete, Jesse's husband on the show is the surgeon? So no Denise and no Heath? I was looking forwards to that.
I'm wondering if they haven't merged Douglas and Regina into Deanna.

I could sort of see it playing out with Pete cutting Deanna's throat, Rick executing him, and then taking over the community. Not sure if we'll see the big walker attack that followed, though I could see Rick be quite surprised when the Saviours show up wanting half of their shit.

I do find myself wondering how the Negan and the Saviours will be introduced. If they're already extorting Alexandria, which is what led Deanna to bring Rick's group into the community, or if it will play out like in the comics with that other group of pirates that showed up first that Rick dispatched. I could the first, smaller, group being dropped, and the television series will consolidate some of these storylines.
Old 03-04-15, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

I could sort of see it playing out with Pete cutting Deanna's throat, Rick executing him, and then taking over the community. Not sure if we'll see the big walker attack that followed, though I could see Rick be quite surprised when the Saviours show up wanting half of their shit.

I do find myself wondering how the Negan and the Saviours will be introduced. If they're already extorting Alexandria, which is what led Deanna to bring Rick's group into the community, or if it will play out like in the comics with that other group of pirates that showed up first that Rick dispatched. I could the first, smaller, group being dropped, and the television series will consolidate some of these storylines.
I think it's a safe bet to say that Negan will be introduced differently in the show. The question is, who are the Wolves? The damage they did to Noah's neighborhood made me think that it was Negan's group. Now I'm not so sure.

As far as the walker attack, I think that will definitely be in the show in some form.
Old 03-06-15, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

Yeah I could see that, Regina & Douglas merged and Pete killing Deanna.
Would be nice if Jesse stayed as Rick's chick to replace Andrea.

I really hope we do see Jesus and the other communities though, not just Neagan arriving there and make trouble. Come on, who doesn't want to see Ezekiel?
Old 03-06-15, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Luds
Yeah I could see that, Regina & Douglas merged and Pete killing Deanna.
Would be nice if Jesse stayed as Rick's chick to replace Andrea.

I really hope we do see Jesus and the other communities though, not just Neagan arriving there and make trouble. Come on, who doesn't want to see Ezekiel?
If Negan's saviours show up for half of their shit, that could lead Rick and co. to discover Hilltop and the Kingdom.

Though I'm not sure how well The Kingdom and King Ezekiel would play on television; it came off of as silly in the comic books and seeing it played out by live actors could be even worse.
Old 03-06-15, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Neil M.
I think it's a safe bet to say that Negan will be introduced differently in the show. The question is, who are the Wolves? The damage they did to Noah's neighborhood made me think that it was Negan's group. Now I'm not so sure.

As far as the walker attack, I think that will definitely be in the show in some form.
I'd forgotten exactly what happened after they got to Alexandria, but now that I've gone back and read the comics, I'm feeling pretty sure that the walker attack could well be the season finale. Maybe not the whole outcome of it, but the start of it would make for a good cliffhanger. Either way, it's an action packed event with a lots of loss of life, and others left in mortal peril. Seems like the perfect place to leave off the season, to me.

I also think it's waaaay too soon for Negan to show up. That's got to be a middle or end of season 6 storyline at the soonest. There's plenty more that happens in the comics between where we are now, and when that eventually happens.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.