Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead - SPOILERS Discussion Thread - Show/Comic - News, rumors, casting

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead - SPOILERS Discussion Thread - Show/Comic - News, rumors, casting

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-14, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Season 5 Trailer, News, Rumors and Spoilers

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Wow, that looked really bad. Higher budget it seems but really really bad. Glad I bailed on this show.
I'm genuinely curious. Why do people who claim they have no interest in shows they bail on like you on this show or hate continue to monitor them and read updates on them? I mean why? What are you getting out of it? I know there are a bunch of people here who like to continue to monitor shows they don't watch or hate. Do you feel compelled to read every single thread about it?

I mean IMO that's a waste of time to seek out news and info for stuff I have no interest in. Can someone give me an honest answer why they are wasting their time reading up on stuff they no longer like? I mean I'm not a fan of The Big Bang Theory, but I don't waste my time going to blogs, TV news, threads to actively seek information about it just because the show exists. What's the point? Same can be said for The Walking Dead and those who don't like it & no longer watch it. Is it just because it's the most popular show on TV right now and you continue to want to know why?

Last edited by DJariya; 07-27-14 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-27-14, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Well, I guess they get out of Terminus OK then. Kind of undercutting the drama here.
What, you thought they were all going to be eaten?
Old 07-27-14, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

I agree that it gave away too much. We now know they make it out of Terminus mostly in tact and that one if not more of the individuals comes with them. We also know they are going to continue the Washington story and that Abraham will most likely be a bigger character this year. We also know Beth is somewhere weird but safe. Yep, too much.
Old 07-27-14, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm genuinely curious. Why do people who claim they have no interest in shows they bail on like you on this show or hate continue to monitor them and read updates on them? I mean why? What are you getting out of it? I know there are a bunch of people here who like to continue to monitor shows they don't watch or hate. Do you feel compelled to read every single thread about it?

I mean IMO that's a waste of time to seek out news and info for stuff I have no interest in. Can someone give me an honest answer why they are wasting their time reading up on stuff they no longer like? I mean I'm not a fan of The Big Bang Theory, but I don't waste my time going to blogs, TV news, threads to actively seek information about it just because the show exists. What's the point? Same can be said for The Walking Dead and those who don't like it & no longer watch it. Is it just because it's the most popular show on TV right now and you continue to want to know why?
I thought the show was OK, the first couple seasons and first half of the third. Not more than that, but I thought the show had promise. But it got dumber and dumber and became unwatchable so I stopped. I came to see if they have a new direction that might be interesting for season 5, but clearly they don't. Certainly won't follow any of the episode threads or anything like that.
Old 07-28-14, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's too bad, there was an excellent musical episode last season, they had the cast of Glee as zombies, including the exhumed body of Cory Montleith.
Old 07-28-14, 02:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I liked the trailer. I didn't feel it gave away too much as its probably stuff that happens in the first couple episodes. I never thought the cast would get eaten or spend half the season in a box car. Also I already knew that Beth
Spoiler:
wasn't at Terminus based on something in the comics and the car she was taken away in
Old 07-28-14, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifepawn
I liked the trailer. I didn't feel it gave away too much as its probably stuff that happens in the first couple episodes. I never thought the cast would get eaten or spend half the season in a box car. Also I already knew that Beth
Spoiler:
wasn't at Terminus based on something in the comics and the car she was taken away in
Outisde the trailer the print releases have all but confirmed that stroyline from the comics. Seems like it will be a long running one too.
Old 07-28-14, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

I avoided the trailer every time I passed the booth. AMC is known to show way too much and it's spoilerrific.
Old 07-28-14, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifepawn
Spoiler:
Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Outisde the trailer the print releases have all but confirmed that stroyline from the comics. Seems like it will be a long running one too.
As a comic reader, I can't recall what storyline you might be referring to. Can you put it in spoiler tags for me? Thanks!
Old 07-28-14, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The trailer gives away jack squat, if you believe all the spoilers for S5.
Old 07-28-14, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
What, you thought they were all going to be eaten?
I thought they would make it a little more suspenseful, that's all.
Old 07-28-14, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
As a comic reader, I can't recall what storyline you might be referring to. Can you put it in spoiler tags for me? Thanks!
Spoiler:
Father Gabriel, played by Seth Gilliam, has been confirmed to be a very big part of S5
Old 10-01-14, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The article isn't sure if this is for the spinoff or the main series, but there's a note on casting that would be a big spoiler for comic book fans which undoubtedly would be for the main show.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/09/the...l-for-new.html

Spoiler:
SpoilerTV were recently invited onto a Conference Call with Kevin Durand in which our very own George asked Kevin about any upcoming roles. He revealed that he's been approached to play Negan on The Walking Dead.
Old 10-01-14, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

the article isn't sure if this is for the spinoff or the main series, but there's a note on casting that would be a big spoiler for comic book fans which undoubtedly would be for the main show.

Spoiler:
spoilertv were recently invited onto a conference call with kevin durand in which our very own george asked kevin about any upcoming roles. He revealed that he's been approached to play negan on the walking dead.
nice
Old 10-07-14, 10:51 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

Renewed today for 6th season: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-season-738691

Last edited by dex14; 10-07-14 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-07-14, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

The article isn't sure if this is for the spinoff or the main series, but there's a note on casting that would be a big spoiler for comic book fans which undoubtedly would be for the main show.

Spoiler:
SpoilerTV were recently invited onto a Conference Call with Kevin Durand in which our very own George asked Kevin about any upcoming roles. He revealed that he's been approached to play Negan on The Walking Dead.
I was hoping they'd stay away from that character.
Old 10-07-14, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Been watching the marathon. The show is a lot more enjoyable if you watch a whole bunch at once. Also the first season was shmalzy.
Old 10-07-14, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil M.
I was hoping they'd stay away from that character.
Ooh... I wonder who is going to
Spoiler:
have a date with Lucille?
Old 10-11-14, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got an email that the opening scene of the season premiere is available on the AMC web site.
Old 10-11-14, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Supposedly spoiler filled article about the premier. I haven't read it so I'm not sure if it actually is spoiler filled.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/10/09...ilers-answered
Old 10-12-14, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

AMC released the first 4 minutes of the season premiere:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8rpaSchD86k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(It's probably best if you aren't eating when you watch this)
Old 02-24-15, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead: Open Season. Comics/Show/Talking Dead [Spoilers for Everything]

A lot of Lucille talk in the episode threads, let's use this for full discussion.
Old 02-24-15, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Walking Dead: Open Season. Comics/Show/Talking Dead [Spoilers for Everything]

Previews for next week look like Rick and the gang will have (at least initially) a hard time adjusting to not having to sleep with one eye open.

I imagine that there will be an episode or two where they struggle to feel safe. If there are children in the area (which the end of the current episode indicated) - I would think every scream would result in Rick ready to pounce.
Old 02-24-15, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm going to be choked if they kill off Glen.
Old 02-24-15, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'd just like to mention, as I've said in the comic threads, how much I hate Negan and that his arc from the comics basically felt like a rehash of Woodbury. It feels too soon to go that route already.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.