Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Official Storage Wars Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-14, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Official Storage Wars Discussion

Maybe do a epic crossover episode where all the buyers from each show meet in one location & all compete againt eachother.
Old 04-30-14, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

the best part of that episode wasn't darrell's overvaluation. it was ivy's. he said that kegerator was worth $400. i bought the same one, a danby, at costco for $250.
Old 04-30-14, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

I'm getting tired of this new "cast" as well. Definitely miss Barry on storage wars.

And I agree about Daryl over valuing that locker of comics and toys. All those toys are too modern. Probably a few hits here and there but no way he would reach $91k. Especially the Kiss toys. Cory on pawn stars said it best, if it's made to be "collectible," then it's probably mass produced
Old 05-01-14, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

As for the cast I don't even care if shows like this have a cast. It could be new people every week. I'm not curious about the people I'm curious about what they find.

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
I'm getting tired of this new "cast" as well. Definitely miss Barry on storage wars.

And I agree about Daryl over valuing that locker of comics and toys. All those toys are too modern. Probably a few hits here and there but no way he would reach $91k. Especially the Kiss toys. Cory on pawn stars said it best, if it's made to be "collectible," then it's probably mass produced
I think the only way a "collectable" item is worth anything is when it's a limited run. And even then here needs to be a demand. Aside from a few special issues here and there most should know modern comics are mostly worthless.

Edit - Just saw the newest episode..........yeah, their prices are getting crazier. I wonder what type of buyers these people are finding.

As for the comics, if they are just generic common runs a dollar each is not even possible. Someone would have to have no knowledge of comics to say ten dollars each.

Last edited by Xiroteus; 05-02-14 at 04:51 AM.
Old 05-08-14, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
As for the comics, if they are just generic common runs a dollar each is not even possible. Someone would have to have no knowledge of comics to say ten dollars each.
I agree, I did chuckle when he said $10/comic.
Old 05-08-14, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I did see a few books flashed on screen that would have commanded decent money like a Silver Age Superboy issue, but there were also lots of issues from the 90s which can't be given away today.
Old 05-08-14, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I did see a few books flashed on screen that would have commanded decent money like a Silver Age Superboy issue, but there were also lots of issues from the 90s which can't be given away today.
I actually paused the video on every single issue they showed (Detective 526 is the only one I clearly remember) and NONE of the books they showed were $10 books. Not even close. And not that Superboy book either. At least not what people are paying on eBay.
Old 05-19-14, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I must be slipping. I saw an episode last night I hadn't seen before. Darrel and Jarrod got into a bidding war for a very large unit, with Darrel winning for $13,000. He found an insane collection of sports memorabilia that left me wondering how anyone could abandon that. But Jarrod did good, too. He bought a unit for $50 and made about a grand on it.
Old 05-19-14, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Traxan
I must be slipping. I saw an episode last night I hadn't seen before. Darrel and Jarrod got into a bidding war for a very large unit, with Darrel winning for $13,000. He found an insane collection of sports memorabilia that left me wondering how anyone could abandon that. But Jarrod did good, too. He bought a unit for $50 and made about a grand on it.
I sometimes think someone dies and hasn't told anyone about their storage unit.
Old 05-20-14, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I think madcougar is correct, it's usually a person that suddenly passes away and no one but that person knew they had a storage unit.
Old 05-28-14, 02:19 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by madcougar
If you missed the finale last night, Daryl bought a locker full of toys and comic books. He claimed there were at least 3,000 comic books in the locker (although I only counted about eight long boxes) and he claimed they were a conservative $10 a piece (although I didn't see ANY $10 books - not even close). It's one thing when they give a value to something you know nothing about, it's another when you know there's no way in hell they're right.
Just caught the replay of this episode. Daryl pulled out a Movie Maniacs King Kong and claimed it was worth $300. It's currently $80 at Amazon, and it's selling for $40-$50 at eBay.
Old 05-28-14, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not surprising.

New episodes start June 3, btw. And American Restoration is returning as well. Plus Longmire. So plenty to watch this summer.
Old 05-28-14, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Just caught the replay of this episode. Daryl pulled out a Movie Maniacs King Kong and claimed it was worth $300. It's currently $80 at Amazon, and it's selling for $40-$50 at eBay.
You mean listed for $40-50. The most recent completed listings that actually sold were between $20 and $30. So maybe he just misread the script, and said $300 when he meant $30?
Old 05-28-14, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Isn't the Jaws one worth much more? Maybe not $300 but some of those Movie Maniacs go for some good scrilla.

Edit: jaws goes for about $220 and the 18" figures could command a coupl of hundred. Either way, Daryl is still a tool. Lol
Old 05-28-14, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

To be fair... they're all tools.
Old 06-03-14, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

A preview for next week's episode featured... BARRY. Hopefully he's back full time and that silly show he did is over.
Old 06-03-14, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

A preview for next week's episode featured... BARRY. Hopefully he's back full time and that silly show he did is over.
Aren't you going to be surprised when you watch the episode.....
Old 06-04-14, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spoiler:
Seriously? Was it not obvious that wasn't Barry, but a look alike?
Old 06-04-14, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was it? I was a little distracted at the time. Guess I'll find out.

And I still hope his show is cancelled. It's lame.
Old 06-04-14, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And I still hope his show is cancelled. It's lame.
Couldn't you just not watch it?
Old 06-04-14, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't. But if it's cancelled, then maybe he'll return to Storage Wars.
Old 06-06-14, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

getting closer and closer to just deleting this off my dvr completely... the little scenes they now play before the credits get on my nerves... the end result of trying to keep the show zany with Barry gone... It comes off as very lame, I dont have to see what a huge home the auctioneers live in either while Dan moons the camera...

At least theres still some nice racks to check out on the show still...
Old 06-08-14, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just saw the episode with the $91k locker. Whatever he got for it, that was insane collection. Even if the owner died, and I would imagine that was the case, it's kind of amazing the owner's family didn't try to collect it.

And yes, the intro skits have got to go. Dan in a speedo = trauma. He's got a bitchin' house, though. The least they could do is throw us a bone and have Brandi show off a little.
Old 06-09-14, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lewisb73
getting closer and closer to just deleting this off my dvr completely... the little scenes they now play before the credits get on my nerves... the end result of trying to keep the show zany with Barry gone... It comes off as very lame, I dont have to see what a huge home the auctioneers live in either while Dan moons the camera...
I like those intros. They're now my favorite part of the show in fact. They help show me that these people are just like me in some ways. I too like to walk around my big ass house in skimpy underwear for example.
Old 06-09-14, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by madcougar
I like those intros. They're now my favorite part of the show in fact. They help show me that these people are just like me in some ways. I too like to walk around my big ass house in skimpy underwear for example.
Dude, TMI.

I don't know if the efforts to keep the show interesting are helping or hindering the show. On the one hand, there's probably only so many times people are willing to watch straight-up auctions, and that process has mostly stayed the same throughout the series. On the other hand, the new bits tend to be more annoying than amusing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.