Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 13 (CBS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-11, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Big Brother 13 (CBS)

This season has been meh.... I wish they would port over the Survivor allstars like Rob and Russ to play BB that would be fun.
Old 09-09-11, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since there's no new "BB" until finale night, why don't we start listing highlights (one per posting) of this season so we can keep this thread alive and within sight by the time we get to next Wednesday? I'll post one personal highlight of this season to me, then the next poster another, then someone else another, then me again and so on and so forth. If you wanna catch-up with what's going on in the "BB" house all this weekend and early next week you can always click on the "After Dark" thread (beware: spoilers).

My first personal highlight of this season was seeing Jordan guess that David Hasselhoff was the mystery celebrity based on those binoculars/tray/soap items. You know she's not smart-enough to think that the type of celeb that would show their face on "BB" would be 'C' grade, so her guessing it was the Hoff on that level doesn't apply. But you could actually see her gears turning, and those gears somehow came up with 'the guy that played Mitch Buchanan on "Baywatch"' which Jeff decoded for her into the right answer. I've seen that "BB" clip a dozen times and it still blows my mind.
Old 09-09-11, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It would have to be Kalia's face drop when Adam didn't use the veto on her or monotone robot with boobs.
Old 09-14-11, 11:54 AM

CBS RENEWS "BIG BROTHER" FOR 2012 SEASON (Press Release): http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.p...lease?id=29166.
Old 09-14-11, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dad1153
CBS RENEWS "BIG BROTHER" FOR 2012 SEASON (Press Release): http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.p...lease?id=29166.
The best thing I came away with that press release is that Survivor starts tonight!
Old 09-14-11, 12:59 PM

Entertainment Weekly-'Big Brother': 10 Reasons to Stop Worrying and Love the Rachel!: http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20527934,00.html.
Old 09-14-11, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Larry C.
The best thing I came away with that press release is that Survivor starts tonight!

Excited for that tonight for sure...but it would help me enjoy the season a lot more if Coach gets the boot early on.

I sure hope that Rachel wins tonight. I'm not overly fond of her, but she's been the best of those who remain and she deserves to win. She has 3 votes locked up. I don't know if she can get the other, but I hope that she does.

If they do another All-Stars, I don't see Jordan coming back (I can hear some of you cheering). So, I could see Rachel, Evil Dick, Dani, and Jeff if he wants to play the game w/o Jordan being invited back. I honestly can't think of a single newbie that would be a lock for coming back, which says a lot about how bad they all were.

Well, other than Cassie, but we hardly got to know her.
Old 09-14-11, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Of the noobs Kalia is handily the only noob who I think was a great casting choice but I think she is too hated for taking out the person this season was handed on a platter too win Jeff.

Unfortunately with BB "villians" are passed over for all star seasons(See Nicole,Hardy, Jun,The Nerd Herd) in favor of buffoons and borewhores (See Marcellas,Erika,Chicken George) set up to be fodder for the chosen.
Old 09-14-11, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This season has been lackluster. The veterans grinded the newbs to a pulp early on until they somewhat fought back. The gameplay wasn't very exciting and the newbs just weren't that exciting. I couldn't picture this season without the veterans. The producers could have cast stronger and more interesting newbs in their place.
Old 09-14-11, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 308 Posts

As a lot of people here have said it hasn't been a great season, but it was much better than last year. I hope we get All Stars 2 next year for seasons 8-13.
Old 09-14-11, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,781 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Unfortunately with BB "villians" are passed over for all star seasons(See Nicole,Hardy, Jun,The Nerd Herd) in favor of buffoons and borewhores (See Marcellas,Erika,Chicken George) set up to be fodder for the chosen.
Dr Evil and Mike Boogie weren't villains?

I would wager that some of the people who were "villains" might not want to come back in that role. Guys like Will and Boogie will embrace that image, but I can see a lot of other people not wanting to be portrayed that way.
Old 09-14-11, 09:01 PM

Isn't it amazing how, during that Jury meeting, Jordan's arguments mirrored Jeff's?

Bye Bye Adam, it was nice knowing you you big ham. Stepping in front of Julie Chen's camera is a big no-no, so you're a dead man now to CBS.

Last edited by dad1153; 09-14-11 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-14-11, 09:20 PM

35 min to go. Give Rachel the $$ and Jeff the 25K quick soon. I want the last 10 minutes all about Shelly bashing.
Old 09-14-11, 09:27 PM

Man, if this were a trial of law Rachel would have already won the half-a-million based on her answers to Jury questions. She was the Rachel that Matt and Ragan from "BB12" have described off-camera, and she may have just won Kalia's vote with her ass-kissing complement.
Old 09-14-11, 09:50 PM

LOL, why were Dom/Lawon/Keith invited back to the live show? Not even the courtesy of a pity question, and BIG Jeff gets asked twice. Oh "BB," you are so obvious sometimes. Gotta say it though, Keith looked good in his pretend pimp outfit.

CONGRATS RACHEL! Shelly redeemed, and Adam exposed as the tool he is (voting for Porsche even though Rachel won the last HOH) And Jeff wins the $25K extra prize... in your face Dani. Season redeemed!

Last edited by dad1153; 09-14-11 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-14-11, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This show may be rigged more then a Washington Generals game but HELL F'ING YEAH ON BIG RED WINNING .

Only 2nd to Dr. Will winning as the greatest end result in the shows history.
Old 09-14-11, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

Jesus, LOL at Adam thinking he's gonna be an allstar... he's got a surprise comin when he
looks online
Old 09-14-11, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 274 Likes on 203 Posts

Way to go, Rachel! I've liked her since last season when everyone inside the house was bashing her. Did anyone actually believe it though when Brendon told her she could go on to win the whole game this season? Guess he was right.

I might be crazy but I still have 15 episodes on BBAD from throughout the season in various states of having been watched...and I'll probably watch them all eventually. I had to stop watching the last few nights as I could not take the sound of Adam's voice anymore. And I thought that Kalia wouldn't shut up...
Old 09-14-11, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

She's just going to blow all the money on a ridiculous wedding and some plastic surgery. Then she'll be divorced in a year and back to whoring herself out for cash. You know, just like that one fairy tale.

Last edited by dino88; 09-14-11 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-14-11, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Woo-hoo!!! So glad that Rachel won!!! She answered everything completely and confidently and had great arguments as to why she should walk away with the money. Porsche sorta reminded me of Amanda from Survivor with her answers.

LMAO at Adam Is he delusional or what??? Convinced he would win hands down because he was sooo popular with the jury... thinking he will be back for All-Stars and asking the Chenbot to hook him up with Ozzy.

Go Rachel!!! I'm perfectly fine with Jeff winning America's Choice, but it should have been Jordan. Say what you want about her, but I don't know of any other player that is so well-liked both inside and outside the house. She was a good influence on Rachel.

I wonder if Dani has any idea of just how obnoxious she is. Such a whiny brat.. hearing her talk makes me cringe...

Last edited by leeta; 09-14-11 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-14-11, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,781 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by T-bone22
Jesus, LOL at Adam thinking he's gonna be an allstar... he's got a surprise comin when he
looks online
I like Adam on a personal level, but if he wants to be an all-star, he should have voted for the person who deserved to win rather than being a whiny, butt-hurt wanker. Not "all-star" behavior.
Old 09-14-11, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dad1153
LOL, why were Dom/Lawon/Keith invited back to the live show? Not even the courtesy of a pity question,
I thought for sure they would ask Lawon about his brilliant move to get evicted and make a triumphant return
Old 09-14-11, 10:25 PM

On the other had, since he's so hated, Grodner & Co. will probably bring Adam back for Pandora's Box or some goof-off competition... you know, Jesse 2.0.
Old 09-14-11, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts

I can't believe I'm typing these words, but I'm happy that Rachel won. When you factor in her entire gameplay...talk about an upset. Most Big Brother winners have to hide in the house for awhile to survive. Even the great recent players, like Dan and Hayden, hide before they spring out and dominate the game. By her very nature, it's impossible for Rachel to hide, so this is a little stunning when you really think about it.

Porsche...ugh!

Didn't like Daniele before, I like her even less now. Thankfully Shelly took the emotion out of her vote, b/c Adam sure didn't. Good job Shelly!

Keith, Dominic, & Lawon: thanks for showing up, but we have some more questions for Dick.
Old 09-14-11, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

It's NeanderThal , BITCHES!!!

Goodbye forever Adam, you retarded cartoon character. The giant douchebag actually threw up his hands in disgust when Jeff was announced as the fan favorite. Plus he got to look like a complete tool with his vote for nothing. He truly is as delusional as he acts and appears.

And as for Dani, it still stands that the only thing I have ever liked about her is that by being in her season's finale she forced even people who hated him to vote for Evel Dick to win. And by the way Dani, twice America's votes went to your sworn enemies in the game, and that pretty much is a personality contest, you smarmy bitch. Now take your stipend and buy yourself a clue.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.