TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 13 (CBS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-11, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Brother 13 (CBS)

Originally Posted by lordwow
Do you really think they'll be doing All-Stars given that they're doing casting calls?
No, it seems to line up for next summer to be all-stars, but I think it will probably be the summer after next.
Old 09-15-11, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Ratings were up this summer with a mix of veterans and newbies. They may want to do another season of all newbies (hopefully), then if ratings dip, they call tell CBS the next season will be an all-star season to guarantee they get renewed. Though at this point, I could see Survivor get cancelled before Big Brother, at least if the ratings keep trending the way they have these past few seasons. Or they could return Survivor to a single edition in the summer like the way it started.
Old 09-15-11, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

We want Russell Hantz! (Yes you do...think about it)
Old 09-15-11, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Speaking of cross-overs, I think you people who finally got aboard the Rachel Crazy Train just might see her and Brendan do a J/J and show up next on The Amazing Race. No inside info, I just wouldn't be at all surprised and think it would be quite entertaining.
Old 09-15-11, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
-Matt - Certainly a gameplay choice
-Hayden - Too Dull

I agree that Hayden is dull but that hasn't stopped someone like Ozzy from getting on Survivor 3 times or Erika from making the last all stars. If they feel they need to have a token Brigade member he is probably the 1st or 2nd best bet since Matt is behind other people for the gamer spot like Dan and Eric and Enzo is behind too many people to fill the bozo spot. Lane's chances of making all stars would depend entirely on if they want to give Britney an ally in the house or if The Producers think him being in the house would put a target on her for being part of a duo.
Old 09-15-11, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Surprisingly enough the highest rated of the last 4 seasons was Nicuaraga which had 0 seconds of Russell screen time and 0 previously returning contestants.

While BB seems to have found a formula for previously returning contestants leading to higher ratings Survivor seems to have the opposite effect .
Old 09-15-11, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Lane's chances of making all stars would depend entirely on if they want to give Britney an ally in the house or if The Producers think him being in the house would put a target on her for being part of a duo.
I think Brittany might make it a condition, and they would probably want her badly enough to accept. Will got Boogie in. Besides, it's not like Lane was a non-entity; he was a Brigade member (they kind of half to have at least one), and he was the runner-up.
Old 09-16-11, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot to mention how badly Rachel and Porsche did in the last challenge head to head. I could get more answers correct than the both of them and I didn't live with the other houseguests 24/7.

Rachel must have memorized her speech for weeks. She said the same things over and over again when questioned why she deserved to win the game.

The show needs more new blood before they should do another All-Star. Hopefully, they can cast some really smart and interesting people to play the game and fewer people who will become floaters.
Old 09-16-11, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Oh yeah, Id love to see a Survivor/BB swap
Old 09-17-11, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

It would be fun to see Russell on BB, though the trend in BB's casting has been dumber and dumber participants each season. These type of shows seem obsessed with casting superfans like Adam on the show now.
Old 09-17-11, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

CBS would probably cast Boston Rob
Old 09-17-11, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
CBS would probably cast Boston Rob
Well why wouldn't they? He has more charisma then all of the new casting this past season combined.
Old 09-17-11, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
Well why wouldn't they? He has more charisma then all of the new casting this past season combined.
Hey, I was one of the few on here that was rooting for Rob in Survivor. His manipulation of the others was masterful. But... he was on Survivor 4 times I think (or 3, not sure) and Amazing Race once. CBS keeps going to the same reality well.. that's what I thought was funny.
Old 09-18-11, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

and Amazing Race once.
Twice
Old 09-19-11, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Speaking of Boston Rob, he will be appearing on the History Channel show "Around the World in 80 Ways" beginning October 2:

"For two adrenaline junkies attemptng to circumnavigate the globe using every conceivable mode of transportation, it's not the destination that counts: it's the journey itself. Hosts Robert “Boston Rob” Mariano and Dennis Anderson must get themselves around the world in 80 different ways, from rickshaws and hovercrafts to hang gliders and barrels. Packed with extreme escapades in Brazil, Peru, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Tanzania, Dubai, India, Thailand and the United States, their voyage takes them not just across the planet but also through time as they explore the history behind how people have traveled over the ages. Now and then, these two seasoned daredevils have to concoct and build their own means of transport, taking “off the beaten path” to a whole new level. Mariano, a four-time “Survivor” contestant, and Anderson, a monster truck champion, aren’t technically competing with each other, but they can’t resist bringing a dose of friendly rivalry to every new adventure. Sometimes, getting there is half the fun. In this series, it’s an epic challenge."
Old 09-20-11, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey, I was one of the few on here that was rooting for Rob in Survivor. His manipulation of the others was masterful. But... he was on Survivor 4 times I think (or 3, not sure) and Amazing Race once. CBS keeps going to the same reality well.. that's what I thought was funny.
I thought he was only mildly entertaining when he first appeared on Survivor. Then he was just uninteresting and annoying after with his wife (Amber?).
Old 09-22-11, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, I've seen the new Michele before now, but this was taken at the Vegas Party and she just looks all kinds of awful in my opinion.

I can't believe she was my favorite player during her season and, at the time, she was easily one of the few "celebrities" from the reality show genre that I would have liked to have met. She was so cute, in that nerdy smart and cute way. Now, if I was that age, single and willing to go to one of these idiot fests, I'd take Lydia over Michele.

To get that "taste" of Michele out of your mouth, here's a picture of Cassie in Vegas.

Old 09-23-11, 12:53 AM

If you think Michelle looks bad there, find a shot of her botched boob job.
Old 09-23-11, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't recognize Michelle from that pic. Looks like someone else. Trying so hard to look young.
Old 09-23-11, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Michelle almost looks like a guy in drag there.
Old 12-02-11, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I checked back into Joker's Updates after a long absence and it seems that Brendon and Rachel will be on the next season of The Amazing Race.

Big Brother Couple Rachel Reilly and Brendon Villegas to Appear on The Amazing Race!

Hopefully, they will go far as this seasons players are pretty boring to me. I started watching for Ethan and Jenna and they didn't last very long.
Old 12-02-11, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by windom
I checked back into Joker's Updates after a long absence and it seems that Brendon and Rachel will be on the next season of The Amazing Race.

Big Brother Couple Rachel Reilly and Brendon Villegas to Appear on The Amazing Race!

Hopefully, they will go far as this seasons players are pretty boring to me. I started watching for Ethan and Jenna and they didn't last very long.
The only way I'm happy with them sticking on AR for an extended period of time is if there's a promise they'll die in a fiery wreck together at some point before the end.
Old 12-02-11, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather be entertained, so I'm fine with it. I don't think I've been rooting for a team since the blondes got eliminated this season, and while I still love watching the show, the teams are boring me and I don't care who wins this season. Bring on the Crazies!
Old 12-11-11, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Glad to see that Zingbot is getting some acting work between seasons:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9d9qd9o_lU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9d9qd9o_lU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
Old 01-21-13, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Whoa....so Daniele & "P.T." got married over the weekend. Guess Evel Dick didn't make the guest list.

In a bohemian-style wedding Saturday afternoon, Big Brother alums Dominic Briones and Daniele Donato tied the knot at the Newland House Museum in Huntington Beach, Calif.

The couple met while filming CBS's Big Brother 13 in the summer of 2011. She was a returning contestant; he, a newbie.

"Truth be told, I really didn't like him at first," she says with a laugh. "I thought he was a little troublemaker. But we became friends, and although I didn't like him like that, it just grew."

She adds, "After the finale, we became inseparable. We got to know each other really well, and we fell in love!"

As their relationship developed, Briones says he tried to think of the perfect way to propose.

"I took Dani on a road trip last August and we stopped at the St. Louis Zoo," he says. "We both love penguins, because they mate for life, so I set up a behind-the-scenes tour without her knowing. One of the zoo workers brought out two little penguins. As we were playing with them, I turned and popped the question right there. She loved it!"

The ring, he says, "is a solitary diamond with a half bezel set. She had told me what she liked and didn't like, but it was still a surprise."

Avoided Tradition
Next came the wedding planning. "We wanted something that was a good reflection of who we are," says Daniele. "We didn't want a traditional ceremony, because that's not exactly us."

After looking at "maybe 1,000 dresses," Daniele found the perfect one online – a vintage-style dress from BHLDN, the wedding line of Anthropologie.

"It's vintage but modern," she says, "with little sequins in copper. I'm sort of a hippie girl. I saw the dress and immediately knew it was the one. I went into one bridal stores and I felt like the dresses looked like down comforters. So when I saw this, I was like, 'Perfect.' We had a much harder time looking for something for Dominic to wear."

Briones wore dark purple pants from the Gap and a matching plaid purple shirt and a cardigan sweater. His bow tie was off-white, with matching Converse shoes.

The bridal party included family and friends. The ring bearer was the 5-year-old son of Big Brother 6 contestant April Lewis. Fittingly, he was dressed as a penguin. The bridesmaids and groomsmen entered to the strains of Meiko's "Stuck On You."

"It's an upbeat, happy song," says Donato. "And this is the happiest day of my life, so it made perfect sense."

Honeymoon on Hold
When the bride walked down the aisle – with her grandmother giving her away – the DJ played The Beatles' "All You Need Is Love."

About 120 guests – including Big Brother and Amazing Race couple Brendan and Rachel Reilly Villegas – watched as the bride and groom exchanged vows. After the ceremony, there was a cocktail hour, followed by dinner. The spread included a panini section, a pasta area and a gourmet macaroni and cheese bar for the kids.

The couple have no immediate honeymoon planned, but both have a future trip in mind. "I've always wanted to go to an airport and take the next flight to wherever it goes out," says Briones. "That's what we're going to do."

"I don't care where we go for the honeymoon," says Daniele. "All I care about is that I married my best friend, and we're going to share our lives together. We mesh so well. We don't like being away from each other. We love being around each other so much. That's enough for me. I couldn't be happier."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.