MasterChef (FOX) -- Gordon Ramsay -- Series Thread

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

MasterChef (FOX) -- Gordon Ramsay -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-12, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MasterChef -- Season 3 Thread -- Mondays/Tuesdays (FOX)

Except they do taste the dishes while they are being prepared. I would like to think they have enough knowledge between the 3 of them that they can look at the preparation and ingredients and go eww, I'm not eating that.

Besides if Joe and Gordon had to taste all the dishes all the time they'd be as big as Graham.
Old 06-18-12, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Bump

New episode tonight

The remaining sixteen contestants visit military base Camp Pendleton, CA where they will work in teams to prepare a healthy and balanced meal for 200 servicemen and women. After judges put the contestants through culinary boot camp, the contestants return to the MASTERCHEF kitchen for an intense elimination round. Find out who will emerge from the trenches and continue in the competition in the MASTERCHEF kitchen in the all-new "Top 16 Compete" episode of MASTERCHEF airing Monday, June 18 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (MCH-305) (TV-14 D, L)

Read more: Listings - MASTERCHEF on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1yCiCoVvB
Old 06-19-12, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My gf and I were cracking up when that douchey guy told Monti to "show her nipples" to get votes and she told him to have some fucking class.

I loved it when Danny's team served up the raw pork... shades of Hell's Kitchen Ramsay were coming through in spades.
Old 06-20-12, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I really hope Christine wins, she's quite amazing.
Old 06-20-12, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by discostu1337
I really hope Christine wins, she's quite amazing.
X1000
Old 06-20-12, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

+ 1 for Christine winning as well. Very humble person and having to work twice as hard due to her disability. Hope that douchebag Ryan and his partner Tali are out soon.
Old 06-20-12, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk God

I also like Christine too. Although she's a huge underdog with her disability. But she does seem like a really pleasant and humble person.
Old 06-21-12, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 482 Likes on 318 Posts

I've really been enjoying this show. I also like Hell's Kitchen, but it can sometimes be strange watching this one afterwards, where you see people acknewledge and take responsiblity for their mistakes. I was impressed that it took three tries before someone would accept the "pass" for the time challenge.

I'm starting to feel that it is a forgone conclusion that Christine will be the winner. The edit has really been doting on her. As far as I can tell she is the only contestant who has her own theme music every time she presents her dish. From a marketing stand point, she really makes sense. It is going to be a lot more appealing to market The Blind Chef's Cookbook than say Crazy Monty's Eat's Manuel or Purple Hat Fuckface's Cooking For Dummies.

That said, I'm starting to resent the attempt to inject the kind of Hell's Kitchen feuding into this show, the way they keep cutting to certain contestant's talking about the people they hate and how they're gonna plot to get them out of the competition.
Old 06-21-12, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk God

As soon as I first saw Ryan in the auditions, I could already tell he had the douchebag vibe. The comment in Monday's episode he made to Monti about flashing her nipples was freaking stupid.

Although, he did strategize quite well with Tuesday's challenge with the crabs.

IMO, his partner in crime Tali should have been the one voted out, not Helene.

The edits are indeed reallly selling Christine hard as the underdog fan-favorite. I like her and hope she does well, but I hope they don't over-sell her.
Old 06-21-12, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
My gf and I were cracking up when that douchey guy told Monti to "show her nipples" to get votes and she told him to have some fucking class.

I loved it when Danny's team served up the raw pork... shades of Hell's Kitchen Ramsay were coming through in spades.
Loved how Gordon and Joe were absolutely going nuts about the raw pork. Gordon was indeed reverting to his Hell's Kitchen persona.
Old 06-23-12, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ryan is this season's Mark. Unemployed and for some reason think they're the greatest. I was cracking up at Monti's comment about hating his face. I had just said the same thing.

I hope he crashes and burns. I'm in love with Christine so she's the one I want to really win it all.
Old 06-25-12, 11:59 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
Purple Hat Fuckface's Cooking For Dummies
I would love to have that on my bookshelf.
Old 06-26-12, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Disappointed Tali wasn't sent packing. Not sure I understand the reasoning for keeping him. His cake came out in a pile and the judges said it "tasted bland, like flour". The over the top moron's cake came out "like shit on a plate" but the judges said it tasted good. At least he got half of the equation right, makes sense to keep him.

I was astonished when Tanya said that Ryan was "misunderstood, he is full of goodness inside" and then was bawling hystericly when he was chucked out. Did they actually have sex or is she just mooning over him from afar like a high school girl?
Old 06-26-12, 11:06 AM

Tali's cake stood up it was bland and the center was wrong. Ryan's cake fell apart showing he didn't have the right technique while flavor can be fixed easier.

Well let's see tall not bad looking guy pays a little attention to short fat ugly girl who has only gotten hugs from her teddy bears in the past, yeah I can see her falling apart.

David's goal of avoiding pressure tests says something about his confidence.

As to an eventual winner this season is hard. They obviously favor Christine but at some point her blindness will play a role, IMO.
Old 06-26-12, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wonder how that service really worked. I'm guessing they told customers they'd get a free breakfast and a meal voucher if they participated. That Radisson is right near LAX (I think), so it makes sense that it would be busy.

Christine is lucky she didn't have to bake that cake. I have a feeling that would've been bad.

So glad to see Ryan gone. The guy was a total douchebag. I think both he and Tali should've gone, though. That guy thinks he's the shit, but he mostly just produces it.
Old 06-26-12, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

That challenge last night made me go to Domino's for lunch today. Finally tried their lava cake and its surprisingly very good!
Old 06-26-12, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To quote Pauly D, last night's episode made yesterday "best day of my life".

Now to send Tali home in tonight's episode and give us a great one two punch of a week.
Old 06-26-12, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by barelypure
David's goal of avoiding pressure tests says something about his confidence.
Not sure what you mean by that. Seems like a good strategy to avoid the pressure tests, seeing as how the loser of the pressure test gets eliminated. This is all assuming that his overall goal is to win the competition, of course.

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Now to send Tali home in tonight's episode and give us a great one two punch of a week.
Yes. If that happened, we will have seen the two worst chefs removed in consecutive episodes.
Old 06-26-12, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I love Tali shit-talking folks. Let's stay out the bottom 2 for once before you start up that Tali.
Old 06-27-12, 11:47 AM

Sure it is good strategy to avoid pressure tests but he just seems to lack confidence in what he does. He's lower middle IMO. Cannon fodder while those at the top separate themselves from the pack. That a front runner occasionally falls to the bottom 3 doesn't rattle them as much. David would collapse.
Old 06-28-12, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Was anyone else shocked that Ryan went home? Not necessarily because he was a good cook, but because they really lost the main antagonist of the season. I'm really glad he's gone though because I just wanted to tie him to a chair and beat the doucheiness out of him with a sledgehammer. He was overly pompous from the get-go, basically bragging that he's intentionally unemployed. Good riddance.

Scott was a genuinely nice guy so it's kind of sad to see him packing. His overall skills though were severely lacking.

Oh, and I want to rip Monti's glasses off. Those things are obnoxious.
Old 07-02-12, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Bump

Don't forget. New episode tonight
Old 07-03-12, 11:46 AM

OK, David made the best tortellini. He's still a douche. He didn't have the burgers ready when the food trucks opened and he served raw burgers. (Not that I would have minded as long as the meat was safe). But he didn't want to take any of the blame.

I still don't have a real clear front runner. Last season was easier to pick.
Old 07-03-12, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It seemed obvious the yellow team was doomed as soon as they were 15 minutes late to start serving. When you only have an hour, losing that chunk of time must be impossible to recover.

Still, I was a little surprised to hear the three vans together only raised $2000 dollars. At seven dollars a dish that is under 200 people.

I was caught off gaurd by that weird reaction shot of the judges when the tattoo lady was rounding up customers. I was thinking 'Good for her for hustling like that', then they cut to the judges looking at her with these sour expressions, as though she was behaving improperly. I started to think they were going to make something out of this at the end of the challenge, call her out, but nothing came of it.
Old 07-04-12, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by barelypure
I still don't have a real clear front runner. Last season was easier to pick.
I'm predicting a Frank/Becky finale.

And anyone else notice that we rarely see Christine actually cooking? Tons of shots of Tali and Monti fumbling around their stations, but rarely any footage of Christine.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.