Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

White Collar on USA -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-10, 12:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: White Collar -- "Unfinished Business" -- 8/10/10

Originally Posted by DJariya
Enjoyed this episode alot. As with most of the previous episodes, it was a fun plot with good dialogue and interactions among all the characters. I liked how they portrayed Sara as some sort of thorn in Neal's back from the past. However, Jon Pyper Ferguson was kind of a weak villain. They didn't really get into his character enough for me to care about him.

It was cool seeing Hilarie Burton from One Tree Hill again and especially nice seeing her play a different character after so many years. I know most of the guys here who commented in the One Tree Hill threads don't really like her, but I've always been a fan. She looked really good, especially after having a baby recently. If you don't already know, she's dating Jeffrey Dean Morgan and he's the father of her kid.

Another episode and another weird green screen shot with Tiffani Thiessen. Is Elizabeth still out of town? It would be so easy for the producers to just shoot her scenes outdoors at any random area in Los Angeles and it wouldn't matter if she was in NYC or LA. You really don't need to be insistent on keeping her behind key landmarks. To me these scenes look really amateurish.

Yeah, that scene with Theissen looked terrible. According to the show she wasn't out of town, she was at a stock footage NYC festival.
Old 08-17-10, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
White Collar -- "In The Red" -- 08/17/10

White Collar

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Peter and Neal enter the world of high-stakes gambling in order to catch a criminal who's extorting adoptive parents.

Episode 6 of 16

There are 3 more episodes left this summer

Promo:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHrU0JMIynY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHrU0JMIynY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hilarie Burton is back again as Sara
Old 08-18-10, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: White Collar -- "In The Red" -- 08/17/10

Another awesome episode. Next week looks even better. So after the next two episodes, when will the show resume with the rest of the season?
Old 08-18-10, 01:38 AM

I liked this episode, not a huge fan of how they shoehorn in Tiffani Theisen. Hopefully she won't be prego in the second half of the season.
Old 08-18-10, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't care for this ep. There was so much illogical crap.

I didn't get the whole adoption thing. Yes, he was extorting the parents, but they acted like he was sending the kids back or something when they both agreed that if a parent wouldn't pay up he would most likely just say the biological mother changed her mind again and move on to another target.

It seemed like they gave the mother a pass on her federal grand larceny because she was in a bind.

But what really threw me was the mob standoff and what followed. Why didn't they just arrest the mobsters and then continue with their original plan? They already had the elements of his extortion scheme, they just need him to take the money.

Why did they use the mobsters to get a confession? A confession which was completely unlawfully obtained by the way.

Larroquette was underused. They should have found a way to get him and Neil interacting other than a single poker scene.

How did Sara get a warrant for Neil's place? She had zero evidence that he was involved in her breakin.

On the plus side it's good to see that Sara is sticking around. They should dump Thiessen and make her a regular. Is Thiessen married to a producer or something? Even when she wasn't prego her scenes felt very forced, now it's just ridiculous. If they are going to keep these phone cameos going they should at least get her a blue tooth headset so I don't have to be distracted by her sausage fingers.
Old 08-18-10, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Blu Man
Another awesome episode. Next week looks even better. So after the next two episodes, when will the show resume with the rest of the season?
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/08/18...-january/60336

The 2nd half of the season premieres in January.
Old 08-19-10, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk God

I thought this was a pretty entertaining episode. I'm glad to see Hilarie Burton (Sara) sticking around for a little bit. I agree with above about Tiffani Thiessen. The writers are just forcing in these green screen scenes with her and Tim DeKay just for the sake of doing so. I don't mind seeing Peter and Elizabeth's scenes as IMO it's good to see a happily married couple like them, but if you can't bring her to New York and do it the right way, then just don't force Elizabeth into the show...keep the episodes focused on Peter, Neal, Mozzie and the case of the week.

^^ I agree with wmansir. Sara had no evidence that Neal broke into her apartment. What sane judge would sign a warrant for that? Based on her opnion or past relationship with Neal?

I enjoyed the case of the week, although Larroquette could have been used a little more than a few scenes in his office and then the poker segment. Enjoyed seeing Diana and Jones go undercover. Did anyone notice that Thomason covered her tattoo on her right shoulder when she went undercover?
Old 08-19-10, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good news on the ratings front:

WHITE COLLAR, USA’s highly touted crime caper series, delivered the most total viewers (4.4 million) and P18-49 (1.9 million) since January 2010 while also registering 1.8 million in P25-54 its best P25-54 outing in that demo since the season two premiere.
Old 08-19-10, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Good news on the ratings front:
Hopefully good news for White Collar fans. Would hate to see this not get renewed. I'm pretty sure there are other shows which would better get the axe.
Old 08-19-10, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by wmansir

I didn't get the whole adoption thing. Yes, he was extorting the parents, but they acted like he was sending the kids back or something when they both agreed that if a parent wouldn't pay up he would most likely just say the biological mother changed her mind again and move on to another target.

It seemed like they gave the mother a pass on her federal grand larceny because she was in a bind.

But what really threw me was the mob standoff and what followed. Why didn't they just arrest the mobsters and then continue with their original plan? They already had the elements of his extortion scheme, they just need him to take the money.

Why did they use the mobsters to get a confession? A confession which was completely unlawfully obtained by the way.

Larroquette was underused. They should have found a way to get him and Neil interacting other than a single poker scene.

How did Sara get a warrant for Neil's place? She had zero evidence that he was involved in her breakin.

I guess the moral of the story is that if it is for your adoptive child or for Jane, it's okay to commit grand larceny or receive stolen goods. Did the woman keep her job after stealing from her employer? How is she going to support her child without a job? Maybe she should have sold her loaded SUV (in NYC no less) and scraped the money together instead of robbing from her employer. I know this is light summer fun but all storyline (from the mother to the lawyer to Sara to everything) was so unbelievable ... worse even then the green screen with Elizabeth. This is by far my less favorite episode.
Old 08-19-10, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by blued888
Hopefully good news for White Collar fans. Would hate to see this not get renewed. I'm pretty sure there are other shows which would better get the axe.
Considering they renewed In Plain Sight which doesn't do nearly as well, I think it is pretty safe to say that this show will be back.
Old 08-19-10, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by wmansir

Seriously. She's an INSURANCE INVESTIGATOR, and she comes charging in with the cops like she's the chief of detectives. And we're to believe the cops went and got a search warrant based on her comments to them and nothing else? L A M E. At least the whole fighting-with-Neil thing seems to be winding down.
Old 08-19-10, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree with above about Tiffani Thiessen. The writers are just forcing in these green screen scenes with her and Tim DeKay just for the sake of doing so.
It would be nice if they kept a little time and money in the budget to reshoot all those scenes when she's back so they could look less crappy for re-runs and video release.
Old 08-24-10, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk God

White Collar -- "Prisoner's Dilemma" -- 08/24/10

White Collar

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Peter helps the U.S. Marshals determine which FBI agent is leaking the locations of trial witnesses for a payoff. After a suspect is named, however, Peter goes on the run with the accused agent until he can prove the man's innocence.

Episode 7 of 16

There are 2 more episodes left this summer.

In case you missed the news, the show returns in January after it's break.

Promo:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlYuM9i_swk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlYuM9i_swk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 08-25-10, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: White Collar -- "Prisoner's Dilemma" -- 08/24/10

Really liked this episode... Noz definitely stole the show.

While it seemed obvious he was going to clear out of his safe house once Peter stayed there, the Hoover was here was a nice touch. I also thought the case and the prisoner's dilemna setup was real well done.

I still don't know how a single case they do stands up as it invariably involves Neal illegally collecting evidence, but hey I'm willing to suspend reality.
Old 08-25-10, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wirefan
Really liked this episode... Noz definitely stole the show.
I'm assuming you mean Mozzie, and yeah, he's a scene-stealer. I loved his cheesy little line, "Mi casa es suit casa".

Also good to see Elizabeth back, and not just getting shoehorned in.
Old 08-25-10, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Really good episode. Alot more believable than last week. They also got 2 very good guest stars (Joe Morton from Eureka and Max Martini from The Unit) I'm surprised to see Martini get so much work recently. He was on 3 different shows over a span of 1 week (Dark Blue, Lie to Me and now this) Good character actor and good at playing a badass.

It was interesting that they brought in Morton as Bancroft, who I assume is some kind of upper management. I was wondering where the heck was Peter's direct supervisor Hughes? Peter also mentioned that Franklin was being reinstated into the White Collar division. I assume his character will be working on cases off camera, because the actor Jeremy Davidson is working on Brothers and Sisters this coming season.

BTW, it was good seeing Elizabeth again with no green screen. Thank God!

I watch this and Covert Affairs on Tuesday, but I think the stories and production value on this show are so much better than Covert Affairs. CA has been more fluff entetainment.
Old 08-26-10, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Mozzie: "I'm not judging. My safe word is 'bread basket'."

Elizabeth: "That's two words."

Mozzie: "Exactly."

Old 08-26-10, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

I liked the episode, but the resolution felt a little rushed. I liked how Neal played car salesman on the fly. Mozzie's safe house was awesome!
Old 08-26-10, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by wirefan
While it seemed obvious he was going to clear out of his safe house once Peter stayed there, the Hoover was here was a nice touch.
I doubt Mozzie would get rid of it, just wouldn't be a "safe" house anymore. I loved how he was talking with Elizabeth about the view "Thursday" has.

I watch this and Covert Affairs on Tuesday, but I think the stories and production value on this show are so much better than Covert Affairs. CA has been more fluff entetainment.
Covert Affairs is a completely different show from the get go. What I think tightens this show is the fact that Neil is restricted (or is he? if you caught that little cut) to a predefined area for the most part. By pretty much keeping everything in Manhattan, the show doesn't have to fight the one battle that Covert Affairs does - defining locations. Covert Affairs is shot in Canada and none of the locations they've used genuinely pass for DC, Langley, etc. which distracts me a little.
Old 08-31-10, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk God

White Collar -- "Company Man" -- 08/31/10

White Collar

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The head researcher of a tech company is murdered, and Peter and Neal take on the case. Though the company's CEO claims the killing was the work of a competitor, evidence points to someone within the company.

Episode 8 of 16

Next week is the Summer Finale

Promo:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F_OI8FSKtFc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F_OI8FSKtFc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 09-01-10, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: White Collar -- "Company Man" -- 08/31/10

The cinematography seemed especially good in this episode. The scene in which Peter and the company owner (his name escapes me at the moments) have a drink in his office looked great, I loved the burnt sunset look. It was a overall well done episode. I liked how they looked into what Peter wanted to do before becoming an FBI agent, they've mentioned accounting a few times but we never got any details. It's nice to see Neill and Peter finally pooling together there information on the music box as well.
Old 09-01-10, 08:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

This was a new episode then? Weird, my dvr didnt have it set to record.
More weird, it also didn't have Pysch set to record tonite.

I'll have to catch one of the hundreds of repeats this week. I just hate when usa edits the re-shows for content.
Old 09-03-10, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Blu Man
The cinematography seemed especially good in this episode...
I love the look of this show - it has an elegant feel that fits in with the white collar crimes they pursue.

And the offices are actually well-lit!

The offices of so many cop shows (CSI, L&O, NCIS, etc.) are so dimly lit they're depressing. Sometimes I don't even know how those people can do their jobs without eyestrain.
Old 09-03-10, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Another really good episode.

Loved seeing Nicole Steinwedell again. She played Red Cap on The Unit a few years ago and IMO is one of the most strikingly hot young actresses I've seen on TV recently. And she's tall too (5' 11") and I love tall women. I hope she manages to get more work soon.

Griffin Dunne played a very low key villain and for the context of this episode, I think it worked really well. Also, I was glad that they brought a little resolution to the whole music box secret.

Looking forward to the Summer Finale.

I have a question. Apparently, my photobucket bandwith of 10 GB has been exceeded and my promo picture is temporarily unavailable. I don't really understand how the bandwith works. Does that mean that every time someone clicks one of my threads, it adds bandwith to my account? I also have a Flickr account, is that the best alternative to photobucket that won't cap me on this?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.