Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Heroes -- "Powerless" -- 12.03.2007

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: What do you think about this "season"..?
24.86%
27.03%
It could've been better!
43.78%
Liked it, but it was more fun coming to these weekly threads and needlessly bitching about it!
3.78%
Other wiseass comment (see below).
0.54%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Heroes -- "Powerless" -- 12.03.2007

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-07, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anyone else notice... when Peter destroyed the virus, the Company symbol was visible in the ashes in his hand?
Old 12-03-07, 09:27 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
1. What happens when Adam runs out of air?

2. Is the effect of the blood temporary? If they get hurt again, will it not cure them again? Is it not enough of a transfusion?

3. Sylar : Spinach Can :: Magneto : Chess Piece
Old 12-03-07, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
3. Sylar : Spinach Can
Yeah, the Popeye theme started going through my head.
Old 12-03-07, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by wildcatlh
Did anyone else notice... when Peter destroyed the virus, the Company symbol was visible in the ashes in his hand?
Yeah, and I felt it was the worst usage of the symbol yet. I can accept how it coincidentally appears all over the place throughout the world, but it magically appears when Peter uses nuclear radiation on a vial?
Old 12-03-07, 09:29 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Geddlo
Is that Hitler's brain in the jar?
No. It was Abby Normal's brain.
Old 12-03-07, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by vegasbaby
No. It was Abby Normal's brain.
Old 12-03-07, 09:38 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
That's IGOR (Not EEgor).
Old 12-03-07, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

2. Is the effect of the blood temporary? If they get hurt again, will it not cure them again? Is it not enough of a transfusion?

All my thoughts exactly. Though I was thinking for #1--What happens when Adam starves of hunger or thirst?
Old 12-03-07, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Peter's Sly Stallone mouth was distracting during the final scene with Nathan.

Overall, the season was mostly boring, too many characters, too many bad storylines, too many plot holes (even in the couple of good storylines), and very predictible at times. So, thumbs down.
Old 12-03-07, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Way to bungle yourself into a rescue, Elle. What a hero you are becoming.
Old 12-03-07, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Way to go Nathan. You want to expose the truth about super-heroes to the world, so you began with a long, rambling preamble that makes no sense to anyone watching. Why not fly in, have Peter materialize beside you, and Parkman ... uh, make Cokie Roberts do a pole dance.

And really, how dead can he be. Peter just has to cut himself and dribble some blood in his mouth.
Old 12-03-07, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The body walking away at the end looked a little too slender to be Noah.

Also, what was up with the incredibly soft halves of the picture whenever they did an over the shoulder interview shot, mostly in the Company compound at the beginning, but later on as well. It was really out of focus and didn't look good at all.

About Adam's death being similiar to the ending of another show:
Spoiler:
Alias.

Edit: Well, "death" in an "he's out of the way, for the time being" sense.

Last edited by dvd182; 12-03-07 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-03-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Way to go Nathan. You want to expose the truth about super-heroes to the world, so you began with a long, rambling preamble that makes no sense to anyone watching. Why not fly in, have Peter materialize beside you, and Parkman ... uh, make Cokie Roberts do a pole dance.
Now this is what should have happened!
Old 12-03-07, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Also, now that the virus is "destroyed", where does that leave Pete's Irish lass?
She's asleep on her front porch waiting to be woken by Marty....errrr, Peter.

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
All my thoughts exactly. Though I was thinking for #1--What happens when Adam starves of hunger or thirst?
I guess it's like when Angel got buried at sea by Conner at the end of Season 3. He can't die, but he'll sure be suffering in the meantime.

As for the episode itself, it was alright. But again, there were massive plotholes. Why was Peter still refusing to read Adam's mind? Why didn't Hiro tell Peter about Adam trying to release the virus back in the late 70's? Why didn't Peter walk through the safe? How exactly is the public still unaware of the existence of gifted people at this point?

I'm also not too keen on the idea of Sylar being the big bad yet again. I hope the ending of this episode is a red herring, cuz his character is completely played out by now. Just kill him already.
Old 12-03-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Doughboy
I hope the ending of this episode is a red herring
It is. He will have an accomplice.

Old 12-03-07, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
No! Not Mr. Muggles! Why? Why?
Old 12-03-07, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
totally was channeling the Magneto moment but the same could be said for much of the series, not like Pete didn't just do it to the vault moments earlier

I did like the symbolism of the spinach can
spinach = power = Sylar's powers returning to him
now if he makes a comment next season about gladly paying someone Tuesday for a hamburger today then that season will get a thumbs down from me as well
Old 12-04-07, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvd182

Also, what was up with the incredibly soft halves of the picture whenever they did an over the shoulder interview shot, mostly in the Company compound at the beginning, but later on as well. It was really out of focus and didn't look good at all.
I seem to remember that in season 1 as well. I find it distracting as well, but I think they feel it gives a comic book vibe or something.

on the episode from me. As cheered when both heroes fell. One out of joy, the other because it caught me off guard and thus became out of joy as well.
Old 12-04-07, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
True

I do think it's sort of annoying that the writers managed to end Volume 1 and Volume 2 with a Sylar cliff-hanger.

I really liked how they handled the "death" of Kensei/Adam. It could've been overtly flashy with a battle between Hiro or Peter, but it actually turned out to be pretty cool.

Also I was hoping that Maya would die or at least be able to focus her power to a single target. Unfortunately none of those things happened in this episode

I was starting to get into the show again. As the OP stated though, it's too bad so much time was wasted to finally get the show on it's feet.

For anyone looking to pick up the Heroes graphic novel, only pick it up if you are a HUGE fan of the show. I picked it up for $30 over the weekend and it barely touches on any of the main character storylines. The only backgrounds we get more information are with Hana (ability to speak through internet from Season 1), a little background (generic) information on Eden and more information on how Linderman and Pa Patrelli know each other. It's definitely worth a read but just be careful before dropping $30.
Old 12-04-07, 12:20 AM

That's what I thought. It didn't even occur to me that it could've been HRG. But then again, HRG is my favourite character, so I could be being a bit in denial about him possibly having killed Nathan.

Speaking of which, I knew he'd get shot when he was giving that speech. If he stays dead then the writers have big balls, because Nathan's a huge character and one that I thought would be safe.

About Adam's death being similiar to the ending of another show:
I didn't make that connection, but good point.
Old 12-04-07, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvd182
I can't remember for the life of me what it's called, but it's a specific filming technique. It's used all over ST:TMP.

Anyhoo, I can't believe they brought Sylar back. That sucks giant donkey balls.

Oh, and I cheered when Niki died. The only thing that would've made that scene better is to have had Mika and Monica die with her.

Last edited by Shazam; 12-04-07 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-04-07, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Dude, you're putting way more thought into the show than even the writers have.
Old 12-04-07, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Geddlo
Is that Hitler's brain in the jar?
No, that was the brain of the only writer on the show that questioned this season's plot.
Old 12-04-07, 12:43 AM

so technically the only person to die is nikki, yes? i assumed that the two heroes falling = nikki and maya. even though technically maya got resurrected, she did "die" for a short period of time.

and i know it's debatable, but i don't think nathan counts because he should be able to heal since he got adam's blood, right? i know someone earlier questioned whether the tranfusion would be a one-time thing or whether it would last, so i guess the writers have to come up with an answer for that. but i'm assuming it will fall under the latter because i doubt they would kill nathan off.

overall, i thought the ep was pretty good. the whole destroying the virus was kinda anti-climatic. i would've enjoyed a good fight scene between hiro/adam again. i know it technically wasn't intended as a season finale, so perhaps they were storing up the budget for the actual season finale, but i want a big blow-out brawl at SOME point in the show. the little uses of powers here and there are cool, but not really enough.
Old 12-04-07, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They should have killed Sylar. To keep him on just to have him on is a waste. Bring on someone knew instead of us having to deal with him all over again.
Didn't really care for the whole Nathan clip thing but sad to see him go.
Pretty good finale but not great.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.