Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The 4400 thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-05, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I missed it, but plan to watch it soon. A quick question, though. Was it presented in fullscreen or widescreen?
Old 06-06-05, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I just watched the entire first season in one sitting - and I liked it! Can't wait to watch this ep. Now I have to leave this thread before I ruin things and piss myself off.
Old 06-07-05, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,375 Likes on 936 Posts
I liked it. Didn't like that Peter Coyote was gone, but hopefully he's good in The Inside.

As for the show, I do agree that it is a tad better than the storytelling in Lost in that they are giving us more details. I don't expect everything to be thrown at us, but at least we are learning something.
Old 06-08-05, 04:35 AM
Cool New Member

Can anyone tell me the format the show is being broadcast? Like is it being aired in HDTV with DD 5.1 or is it just plain Vanilla Wide Screen with normal sound. Also does anyone know if it is being filmed in HDTV?

Thanks
Old 06-08-05, 10:33 AM
Cool New Member

ARGH just read in the 4400 forum that the season two opener was F.S. 4:3 format. Schucks there goes another show I am not interested in.

In this day and age if it aint filmed in W.S. forget it. If it was filmed in 4:3 because W.S. was not around that is fine. The Pilot episode of Enterprise was filmed in 4:3 and cropped to W.S. when released to DVD but all episodes after that were filmed in W.S. USA Network wake up.

I gues that also answers my question about High Definition and Dolby 5.1 sound. Please tell me I am wrong.
Old 06-08-05, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk God

So let me get this straight. You won't watch the show now because of the aspect ratio?

I guess you miss alot of good TV, then.
Old 06-08-05, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The 1st season is wide screen, so I would presume the 2nd is also even if it's not airing that way.
Old 06-08-05, 05:05 PM
Cool New Member

I don't think I am going to miss out on any good TV shows, SGA, BSG all starting up this summer all in W.S. and HDTV. When 4400 is being released on DVD then it is time to watch it, if it is being released in W.S. and DD 5.1. The amount of Entertainment content available is massive and I am in for the viewing pleasure that means state of the art production not late 1980's production format.

On the other hand I returned to Towers Records Season 1 box set of the OC half an hour after I bought it becaue it was in 4:3 format with Dolby Surround sound when FOX aired it in W.S. and the episodes available on the NET surpassed what FOX offered in their box set.

4400 is a good show but for me not a must show like 24, Alias & LOST. The Network screwed us by releasing a bare box set, read lousy DVD production but it was W.S. and DD 5.1. Hopefully this will be the same at the end of season 2 and hopefully they learned from the critique of their season 1 release.
Old 06-08-05, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk God

So, again, I repeat my question, you are missing out on good TV simply because of the aspect ratio?
Old 06-08-05, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones
So, again, I repeat my question, you are missing out on good TV simply because of the aspect ratio?
Why ask again; it has been asked and answered.

I thought this show was great. I hadn't seen a single episode so I Tivo'd the marathon and the first episode. It certainly provides more answers than Lost but Lost is a character driven show with some great sci-fi mystery elements whereas this is a sci-fi/myster plot driven show with a few roughly defined characters.

I will be interested in seeing what's up with the Baby. It seems odd that everybody else just had a few powers and this kid is like the freakin Phoenix baby.
Old 06-09-05, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by das Monkey
Poor Combs. His great career is remembered as an argument between which of his Trek character was better.

das

For most of the show, I kept thinking: "Why is Combs in this for a non-speaking part?". Hopefully, he'll play a much bigger role down the road.

That baby is giving me annoying flashbacks to the Star Child from V: The Series.
Old 06-09-05, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mhepburn20
I will be interested in seeing what's up with the Baby. It seems odd that everybody else just had a few powers and this kid is like the freakin Phoenix baby.
I think that could be explained by the fact that the baby has a freshly untained mind whereas others have grown up (to different degrees) and the unused parts of their brain have deteriorated or become unuseable due to lack of usage.
Old 06-12-05, 09:15 AM

The 4400 6/12/05 "Voices Carry"

If anyone missed the premiere last week it is reairing this afternoon from 2pm to 4pm. Voices Carry airs tonight from 9pm to 10pm. 5.3 million viewers watched the premiere last week.
Old 06-13-05, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess nobody watched this? I thought it was better than the season premiere, but I don't know how I feel about the "evil" baby - kids creep me out in general in any scary situation. I don't quite understand why Shawn is staying with Jordan if he is constantly questioning his ethics - just move out and hook up with your hot neighbor.
Old 06-13-05, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I haven't had a chance to check yet.. but I was reading on another forum
that this episode ran over by a couple of minutes.
Good thing they repeat it a few times during the week for those of us who record and watch later.
Old 06-13-05, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
I haven't had a chance to check yet.. but I was reading on another forum
that this episode ran over by a couple of minutes.
Good thing they repeat it a few times during the week for those of us who record and watch later.
Yeah it did and due to tight scheduling I didn't have any wiggle room. I hate it when networks do this. Stick to the schedule!
Old 06-13-05, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The black guy on the run with the evil baby always has a look on his face like he's holding in a bad case of diarrhea.

I guess the format will be a little of the 4400 cult, a little of the agents' home life, a little of the spooky baby, and the semi-famous guest star with a new superpower.
Old 06-13-05, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
The black guy on the run with the evil baby always has a look on his face like he's holding in a bad case of diarrhea.

I guess the format will be a little of the 4400 cult, a little of the agents' home life, a little of the spooky baby, and the semi-famous guest star with a new superpower.
Agreed (on both counts).

I'm not liking S2 as much as S1 so far... a bit too many cliches being used for my taste. I'm predicting (correctly) way too much stuff before it happens. I hope they shake it up a bit soon. This show has too much potential to become a formula (as above).
Old 06-13-05, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk God

A decent episode.
Old 06-14-05, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's gotten to the point where I pick up a magazine when the baby subplot is advanced. Otherwise, the other stuff is mostly interesting.
Old 06-14-05, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Patman
I actually preferred Summer Glau with less dialogue, her performance in this opening 2-hour premiere was a little on the irritating side for me.
Originally Posted by das Monkey
As for Summer, casting her in this role was awkward and distracting.
Agreed - she kind of got on my nerves as the ep wore on.

It sucks that Coyote left for such a blah network show.

I read this whole thread and kept wondering who the fuck Jeffrey Combs was - since I am the only person on the forum who doesn't watch Star Trek - but I think I finally got it once I read Chew's post.

Not as good as the first season's ep. The tower story got a little retarded after awhile, even w/ the eventual nugget of info that was released because of its use.

So how long is Sean going to twiddle his thumbs in regards to staying w/ Collier?

Lily is hot.

Last edited by B.A.; 06-14-05 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-19-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The 4400: "Weight of the World"

Not seeing these threads so I guess I'll start it.

Spoiler:
Tom and Diana investigate a 4400 whose ability to increase the human body's metabolism may turn out to be the ultimate fat-burner.
Old 06-20-05, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I guess no one watches it but us 2. Can anyone explain the end to me? The guy in the mirror and the flashback? The mirror part was odd, but the way it ended on the flashback made me think I was missing something that I should have picked up at that part.

I got the 1st season in a mixed jumble of wedding presents (our friends know us well), and found it rather intriguing. Not many great neo-scifi/fantasy shows around (can't think of any off the top of my head).
Old 06-20-05, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

How long is Sean going to question Jordan and everything he is doing but not do anything about it and continue live on his dime? That's kind of getting on my nerves.

The baby story is starting to get old - they are on the run, baby scares Richard, Lily sticks up for baby...now the baby hurts Richard? wtf?

Kyle's teacher is in possession of the hotness.

So does Tom kind of realize not to trust his superiors now that the bitch has taken over? If he brings another 4400 into work I might just have to reach in and pull my eyes out from the back of my head.
Old 06-20-05, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have it on my TiVo. I'll report back after I watch it later today.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.