TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The 4400 thread

Old 07-30-07, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Good, solid episode tonight. I said before, this could really be fantastic. I just hope they don't screw it up, but they keep it coming.
Old 07-30-07, 03:04 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loved the way this one played out ... although I expected the "special troops" to be aaround longer.
Old 08-06-07, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
After much procrastinating for fear it would be a complete waste of time, I finally watched the first two eps of this season. With seven hours of this season's 4400 sitting on Tivo, I figured it was time to watch or drop.

Still has the same ol' gaping holes in logic, but I have to say I like it a hell of a lot better than last year.

As far as cast changes, not a big fan of the new NTAC boss - nice chin - but I dig Kyle's red-haired "ability".

I'm in. For now.

Last edited by Pointyskull; 08-06-07 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-06-07, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Last night's episode sucked ass, I thought. As soon as the elevator doors opened and we saw Jordan in NTAC I was sure we were on the Holodeck. Sure enough, an entirely wasted episode other than Baldwin being on a first-name basis with Collier now.

Next week's looks promising, though
Old 08-06-07, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pinata242
Last night's episode sucked ass, I thought. As soon as the elevator doors opened and we saw Jordan in NTAC I was sure we were on the Holodeck. Sure enough, an entirely wasted episode other than Baldwin being on a first-name basis with Collier now.
Well they've also sort of pushed Diana and Marco in a direction to get them back together, same goes for Tom and Meghan. My question was how come Collier didn't use HIS ability to drain P.J. to end the "game"? Dunno it seems they should have at least tried it.
Originally Posted by pinata242
Next week's looks promising, though
Indeed.
Originally Posted by orderandlaw
What happened to Richard? Did he die?
Next week's title "Daddy's Little Girl"
Old 08-06-07, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 717 Likes on 513 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
My question was how come Collier didn't use HIS ability to drain P.J. to end the "game"? Dunno it seems they should have at least tried it.
Well, I agree, he should've tried it. However, they made it seem like this was some sort of dream scape thing. Maybe their powers didn't work.
Old 08-06-07, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Even if they thought of doing that, I'd imagine the risk of taking away the power while they were all connected would have been something they wouldn't want to test.
Old 08-14-07, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts
The 4400 "Daddy's Little Girl" - 08/12/07

I finally sat down to watch this last night. Richard returns, and clearly has been practicing his ability. Wow, what a decision Isabel made! Tom and Megan spark it up! And that girl from Firefly gets lost in the 50's! And her boyfriend may have a way to fix the Promiacen problem.

Last week had that "we all have to work together to survive" thing going on, but this week, for me, has really ratched things up a bit.

Any others watch this?
Old 08-14-07, 09:47 PM

The last episode wasn't too bad.

Spoiler:
I really enjoyed the fact that Isabel made the conscious decision to drink the rest of that stuff.
Old 08-15-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, sucks that her decision removes her from the show! Oh well, hotness elsewhere!
Old 08-27-07, 11:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So
Spoiler:
Evil Tom
discuss...
Old 08-27-07, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This is a little too-BSG for me right now. A council of the marked, making decisions, downloading consciouses into new bodies, unknown members, who is, who isn't, etc, etc.

I like it, though, but find the similarities uncanny. There's 5 factions in this Promicin war that I count: The Abductors (Future A), NTAC/Gov, The Marked (Future B), Sean and The 4400 Center, and Jordan and Promise City.

I'm not sure which, if either, of the present P+ camps becomes Future A.

There's just enough in this show to make me keep watching, so that's a plus.
Old 08-28-07, 07:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't decide whether it is frustrating or interesting that we don't have a good sense of what actions will lead to a normal future and whether Future A or Future B is the right one. The Sean vs Jordan over the Promicin test issue is interesting. The book/prophecy is a bit out there and whatshisname with the invisible muse is a bit much ("you must do this" "why" "because you must" "oh ok"). If he was a 4400 I'd say its the Future's fault...
Old 08-28-07, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Can I just gripe for a second? I was SO EXCITED to have Richard back and Isabelle returned to a childhood state. Why ever did they decide to return her to her aged self? That character/actor sucks. Now we have to watch her be all tortured using her restored powers to appease the "evil Tom"? Blech.

Plus I still don't understand why Jordan can't let Burkoff's work continue... I mean sure he wants people taking it NOW, but wouldn't he start getting people who would never have considered Promicin if they knew they'd survive? Plus Promicin would probably not be considered an illegal substance if you could know if it was safe for you to use.
Old 08-28-07, 11:48 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

More griping: I thought the Richard/baby Isabelle storyline had some real potential. Instead it seems like it was filler. They are picking lousy ways to introduce villains into this year's story.
Old 08-28-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought maybe a side-effect of her going young again would be that she'd regain her powers naturally. Obviously not. As filler it was pretty lame and they got rid of Richard (or so it seems) just when he's proven to be a real bad-ass.
Old 08-28-07, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Plus I still don't understand why Jordan can't let Burkoff's work continue... I mean sure he wants people taking it NOW, but wouldn't he start getting people who would never have considered Promicin if they knew they'd survive? Plus Promicin would probably not be considered an illegal substance if you could know if it was safe for you to use.
I think he said something to the effect that he doesn't think that people with powers and those without can peacefully coexist. His ultimate goal is to have everyone without powers die off.
Old 08-28-07, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Gambit
I think he said something to the effect that he doesn't think that people with powers and those without can peacefully coexist. His ultimate goal is to have everyone without powers die off.
I don't think he wants everyone without powers to die off. He does not want a two tier society. Right now everyone has a chance to get an ability. There is at least some hope for everybody.
Old 08-28-07, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

He doesn't want people knowing they WON'T survive. He'd rather them take it on faith and die -OR- not risk it but never know for sure.

He doesn't care if there are P-negatives, but he doesn't want them to be bitter because they'll never be P+. That's a war he doesn't see as necessary.
Old 08-28-07, 07:08 PM

Can I just gripe for a second? I was SO EXCITED to have Richard back and Isabelle returned to a childhood state. Why ever did they decide to return her to her aged self? That character/actor sucks. Now we have to watch her be all tortured using her restored powers to appease the "evil Tom"? Blech.
Totally agree with you on this. I was really happy when it seemed she was getting a new start and we would not see her anymore. Sadly that is now not the case.

And does anyone else feel that the whole "evil" Tom is so he takes the promicin shot?
Old 08-28-07, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 717 Likes on 513 Posts
Originally Posted by kenage
And does anyone else feel that the whole "evil" Tom is so he takes the promicin shot?

Yes.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=25
Old 09-18-07, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Based on the lack of discussion for this show, can I assume there's not enough viewers to bring it back next season?

Season finale was OK. There was no gigantic cliffhanger left out there.
Old 09-18-07, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

They are bringing it back, but re-titling it "The 13,400".
Old 09-18-07, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gambit
Based on the lack of discussion for this show, can I assume there's not enough viewers to bring it back next season?

Season finale was OK. There was no gigantic cliffhanger left out there.
I'd be all for a wrap up season (like the 5 episode run that started the show) to end it. It seems to me the writers are struggling to find a reason for the show to continue plot-wise in lieu of writing "freak of the week" episodes (which I frankly enjoy a bit with seasonal arc plots being doled out more sparingly). Honestly the show hasn't been the same since Isabelle grew up over night. That is when this show "jumped the shark" in my opinion. So think up a mini-season that nicely resolves everything, please?
Old 09-18-07, 08:34 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seemed like a kind of "throw it at the waall and see if it sticks" kind of season. Too bad, since the premise of the show is still strong enough to come up with more compelling storylines than we were shown. The Us-aginst-the-World conclusion is disappointing, since I'd guess the show doesn't have the budget to carry it off. But since they're trimming the show, hopefully they'll cut the lame writers and get the good ones back.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.