DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Final Sopranos - "Made in America" - 06/10/07 (WARNING SPOILERS) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/502918-final-sopranos-made-america-06-10-07-warning-spoilers.html)

GoldenJCJ 06-08-07 06:26 PM

I was a total dumbass and couldn't help myself to reading the spoiler (speculation spoiler btw) for the season finale of Lost and had it ruined for me. Not this time. See ya guys Sunday night...

SuperBatMan 06-08-07 08:24 PM

I just started watching season one of the Sopranos, and got hooked. I'm kinda torn on whether to watch the series finale now, or wait until I catch up on the rest of the series.

SexualPudding 06-08-07 09:37 PM

I'd highly recommend waiting. I would think it would be much more rewarding to see things unfold in order. Then again, it is going to be pretty difficult for you not to find out what happens anyway, especially if you are tempted to click in this thread after the episode airs.

Rypro 525 06-09-07 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
I just started watching season one of the Sopranos, and got hooked. I'm kinda torn on whether to watch the series finale now, or wait until I catch up on the rest of the series.

hell if you must, watch the little "sopranos in 7 minutes" thing on youtube, and watch the most recent episode on demand if you have it, and then watch the finale.

hal9000 06-09-07 03:33 AM

I can't wait only 43 more hours till Sunday's episo... HEY... wait a minute... wtf, ahhh crap.

There better be a hell of a lot of wacking's this episode or I'm gonna cancel my HBO subscription!

Smidget 06-09-07 05:22 AM

I'd watch every episode, the finale will be spoiled either way, but you get to see how they got there :) So many amazing episodes in between.

DeanoBKN 06-09-07 11:50 AM

I say start from the beginning. HBO series alone, I knew how Six Feet Under and OZ both turned out, but it didn't stop me from enjoying both series from the pilot to the finale.

islandclaws 06-09-07 02:01 PM

I'm planning on watching the first episode on Sunday and then following it up with the finale. Goddamn I'm going to miss this show. It's one of the few I actually look forward to each week.

MetalGator311 06-10-07 02:40 AM

This is the opening scene

Spoiler:
Adrianna gets double teamed by Furio and the Russian from Pine Barrens

You didn't really think they were gone for good did you?

Dr. DVD 06-10-07 04:14 PM

I am actually wondering if Furio will play a part. But doubt it. I am also wondering if I should watch this live or wait until it is DVRed like I normally do and watch it an hour later. I would typically do the latter, but this isn't a typical ep.

MetalGator311 06-10-07 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I am actually wondering if Furio will play a part. But doubt it. I am also wondering if I should watch this live or wait until it is DVRed like I normally do and watch it an hour later. I would typically do the latter, but this isn't a typical ep.

It would be a great nod from Chase to give the die hards something they've been asking for for years now (the return of Furio). It seems he could easily be worked in as help from Italy, but I doubt Chase would do it. He seems to disapprove of all the discussion about Adrianna's death or where the Russian wound up.

GreenVulture 06-10-07 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by MetalGator311
It would be a great nod from Chase to give the die hards something they've been asking for for years now (the return of Furio). It seems he could easily be worked in as help from Italy, but I doubt Chase would do it. He seems to disapprove of all the discussion about Adrianna's death or where the Russian wound up.

Tony made it very clear in Season 5 that Furio is a dead man "if certain people see him." I always took that to mean that he didn't go back home to his original crew in Italy, but is in exile somewhere overseas. Besides, I doubt he wants to hire a guy who: A) came close to being more than friends with Carmela, and B) came dangerously close to killing him.

And considering the two hitmen from Italy completely screwed up the hit on Phil, something tells me Tony isn't terribly fond of outside help at the moment. :)

johnglass 06-10-07 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I am also wondering if I should watch this live or wait until it is DVRed like I normally do and watch it an hour later. I would typically do the latter, but this isn't a typical ep.

What's the point of doing this for a non-commercial show?

Arthur Dent 06-10-07 06:11 PM

You've gotta be fucking kidding me. HBO isn't working in my apartment complex. Since the complex splits off cable to each unit, calling a technician doesn't help. And the office at the complex is closed already. Looks like I'll be watching it on HBO2 at 1 am. GRRR!!!

MetalGator311 06-10-07 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by GreenVulture
Tony made it very clear in Season 5 that Furio is a dead man "if certain people see him." I always took that to mean that he didn't go back home to his original crew in Italy, but is in exile somewhere overseas. Besides, I doubt he wants to hire a guy who: A) came close to being more than friends with Carmela, and B) came dangerously close to killing him.

And considering the two hitmen from Italy completely screwed up the hit on Phil, something tells me Tony isn't terribly fond of outside help at the moment. :)

I had forgotten that quote, I should have brushed up on the old seasons during the break

ukywyldcat 06-10-07 06:57 PM

Its on in an hour and four minutes by my clock. :drool:

FantasticVSDoom 06-10-07 07:34 PM

T-minus 30 mins and counting... Cant believe its all going to end soon.

kinetic 06-10-07 07:55 PM

5 Fucking Minuets Omfgg

Dr. DVD 06-10-07 08:03 PM

Graphic Violence warning!!!!!

lewisb73 06-10-07 08:05 PM

Its finally hitting me that this is it... damn

goLUCKY 06-10-07 08:12 PM

no help from the FBI.

j123vt_99 06-10-07 08:14 PM

Can someone give a summary of the episode at the end?

Hiro11 06-10-07 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Can someone give a summary of the episode at the end?

Yeah, me too. No HBO in my house...

Rainet 06-10-07 08:21 PM

So bittersweet. Last episode. What a great run.

Ronnie Dobbs 06-10-07 08:47 PM

well i guess thats that