DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Final Sopranos - "Made in America" - 06/10/07 (WARNING SPOILERS) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/502918-final-sopranos-made-america-06-10-07-warning-spoilers.html)

DVD Josh 06-10-07 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Apparently, angry fans have crashed HBO's website:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.co...h-hbo-website/

From the article:

"Chase clearly didn't give a damn about his fans. Instead, he crapped in their faces"

nazz 06-10-07 10:34 PM

Speaking of Little Italy, how far did that cat have to walk to track down Paulie? Wasn't it at the Bing?

MasterCXtreme 06-10-07 10:37 PM

So who do we think the cat was? Christopher? Aid? I thought those scenes were very well done. The cat was a nice touch in my opinion. An oustider looking in, somebody from beyond... maybe just a fucking cat.

kinetic 06-10-07 10:38 PM

dude lol this isnt lost. it was a cat.

Merkin Muffley 06-10-07 10:39 PM

Apparently, angry fans have crashed HBO's website:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.co...h-hbo-website/

Nikki Finke is a whiny bitch. Her Rita Skeeter hackjob makes me appreciate the finale even more now.

DVD Josh 06-10-07 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
Nikki Finke is a whiny bitch. Her Rita Skeeter hackjob makes me appreciate the finale even more now.

Even I think her article is a little overboard. But angry fans crashing the site is not a subjective opinion, it's actually happening.

Just Lurking 06-10-07 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by shacmasta
I totally agree with that last part. I mean if the extended black screen was intended to signify that tony got shot or whatever...well I think that's pretty lame, especially that there really was no indication he was about to die. I mean give me someone walking in the diner and tony having a "I just shit my pants" look or something a little more clear cut. I think it's bullshit that we have to study every little detail and assume certain things instead of them just giving us a fitting finale. I guess I'm being lazy or stupid like some have already stated, but hell that's why I spend 10 bucks a month on HBO and not the book of the month club.

Hell I am either lazier or stupidier because I pay DirecTV $13 per month. Or I guess it will be did pay after towmorrow.

speedyray 06-10-07 10:41 PM

Although I too was like WTF, all I could do was sit there and think, is Meadow or AJ going to do what Tony could not do and warn their father. Then, as Meadow walked in it ended and no one really knows. I will not be shocked in th least if they announce season 7 next month. It left so much unresolved, but as some have pointed out, the whole series is that way, but life is that way too so it makes it more real IMHO. If they never make another Sopranos episode or movie though, I agree Chase took the easy way out.

Just Lurking 06-10-07 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by kinetic
dude lol this isnt lost. it was a cat.

Wasn't the cat just a Little Pussy

dvd182 06-10-07 10:43 PM

I loved the ending, but I can see where people would hate it.

I think it wasn't so much that nothing happened, as the way he did it. If he would have pulled back on the scene of them waiting for Meadow to enter and faded it out to credits, it might have been alright. Instead, he quick cuts to black and makes people think their dvr is broke or the cable cut out and lets the black fester into the credits with no music. It really was a unique way of doing it.

Numanoid 06-10-07 10:44 PM

Even I think her article is a little overboard. But angry fans crashing the site is not a subjective opinion, it's actually happening.

The site works fine for me.

Dr_Evil 06-10-07 10:44 PM

How do you know it's angry fans? The fact is the site is crashing. Why, is speculation at this point.

harrydoyle 06-10-07 10:45 PM

I really liked that episode, and I'm not a die hard Sopranos fan by any stretch. While watching, I realized I really like the poetic side of that series a lot more than the psychological.

Numanoid 06-10-07 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by dvd182
Instead, he quick cuts to black and makes people think their dvr is broke or the cable cut out and lets the black fester into the credits with no music.

Unless that black is the last 30 seconds of Tony's life.

dvd182 06-10-07 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Numanoid

That's clearly open to interpretation, barring Chase revealing something in an interview. I'm just saying that I could see how the rather pointed manner in which he ended to the credits would lead people to immediately head to the internet and voice their displeasure.

nazz 06-10-07 10:47 PM

I can't help but chuckle at the thought of millions of asses rising from their couches with a unified 'WTF!' though. :lol:

I have a feeling that Chase did too. Bastard!

JZ1276 06-10-07 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by SBrooks1
This final Sopranos episode will be forever talked about, criticized and analyzed for years to come.

ok there kevin spacey from seven

Mok 06-10-07 10:51 PM

I enjoyed it, and was shocked by the cut to black ending, but I think it works. There were a lot of loose ends, but that is a trade mark of this show. Well farewell and thanks for the memories.

DVD Josh 06-10-07 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dr_Evil
How do you know it's angry fans? The fact is the site is crashing. Why, is speculation at this point.

I guess why the site is crashing is open to interpretation.

nazz 06-10-07 10:54 PM

I was loading the site and it suddenly went black. I was like ... WTF?

Numanoid 06-10-07 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by dvd182
I'm just saying that I could see how the rather pointed manner in which he ended to the credits would lead people to immediately head to the internet and voice their displeasure.

That much is certain. :lol:

wergo 06-10-07 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Numanoid

Maybe if the last scene was just from Tony's perspective... but the audience was in omniscient mode. We were outside looking in, not seeing the family congregate through Tony's eyes.

Supermallet 06-10-07 10:56 PM

Can we stop saying the show ended with a fade to black? It ended with a cut to black. There is a major difference.

johnnysd 06-10-07 10:58 PM

The ending is what you want it to be. If you think Tony just got killed, then he did, for you. If you think they just set down to dinner and the screwy life of the Sopranos goes on it did. It's not high art or brilliant or anything, just one way to end a series that could never end in a way that would please even the majority.

bunkaroo 06-10-07 11:00 PM

I'd like to see the final frame of Meadow walking in the door just to see if she has any kind of expression on her face.