Old 05-21-07, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awesome freaking episode but man... it had it all
Old 05-21-07, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by DB
When he said Noah I had the feeling it was supposed to mean something to us. Has there been mention of a Noah previously?
All it was supposed to mean to us was "Hooray! They've been teasing us about his name all year and now we finally find out what it is!"
Old 05-21-07, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 360 Likes on 163 Posts
I thought it was a weak episode, and an even weaker season finale.

No real oh shit moments. Loved Hiro's subtitled cursing though.

Ando, Hiro and Parkman all go to the loft and basically accomplish nothing.
I guess Peter has Nikki's super strength now? Was he close enough to DL and Molly too?
Old 05-21-07, 10:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts
So did Peter gain Nikki's strength there at the end?

I'm intriqued to see who Molly was talking about next season.
Old 05-21-07, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does Lex Luthor ever die? Did the X-men ever kill Magneto? Does Batman kill the Joker....in the comics??? Sometimes...but they always come back!

There is no reason to kill off Sylar yet. Wound him and his pride, yes, but you can not kill him. If you kill him, you find yourself trapped in the Spiderman formula. Every season we have to find a new "supervillan" that is badder than the last guy and then we gotta spend time building his character up before our Heroes meet him for the final battle in the end. Repeat...loose viewers...repeat...cancelled.

Now they have a chance to actually build something out of this. Perhaps Sylar retreats to the underground and ends up meeting other rejected heroes and instead of killing them he joins them. Meanwhile Peter, having survived his little problem, comes back and is now stronger than ever. He carries the guilt of causing his brother's death and vows to become a protector of all people and by doing so he becomes a "super" hero.

A great first season. They've built really strong core characters, so now they can really let loose.

I guess I'll have to get my Xmen fix by watching the 4400 now...
Old 05-21-07, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
I thought it was a weak episode, and an even weaker season finale.

No real oh shit moments. Loved Hiro's subtitled cursing though.

Ando, Hiro and Parkman all go to the loft and basically accomplish nothing.
I guess Peter has Nikki's super strength now? Was he close enough to DL and Molly too?

Although I saw it coming the black guy talking to Peter was a oh shit moment to me.
Old 05-21-07, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont know if i was the only one or not, but when the preview for Vol II started was I the only one who thought the person falling was Peter?

Not that great of a fight between the two powers, I wanted them to go forward (back) to the future again to see how that fight turned out because it seemed like it was a better fight
Old 05-21-07, 10:24 PM

did anyone notice ma petrelli flipping the bird as they watch claire down in street after falling down?
Old 05-21-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DB
I agree. Very much a let down episode after so many recent great ones. Most bizarre for me was Nathan's sacrificing himself by flying up his brother; it wouldn't have been better to shoot Peter there on the ground than for both him AND his brother to die?? I don't get it.

Peter doesn't die, remember in the future Peter exploded but survived. Nathan and Peters mom also eluded because of Claire meeting Peter (Peter getting Claires powers) Peter could survive the explosion. Claire also eluded to this when she said Peter will have to live with the fact he killed all those people
Old 05-21-07, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was hoping Hiro would have beheaded Sylar after stabbing him. Hasn't he seen Highlander? Sheesh!
Old 05-21-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I enjoyed the episode, but I watched it with my wife who just started watching 4 episodes ago. It sucked explaining things to her. I understand the stuff she wasn't around to see but having to explain things that happened in this episode that JUST was explained got old. But I love that she likes it so we watch it together. Plus I am going to try to use it to get an HD-DVD player
Old 05-21-07, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DB
When he said Noah I had the feeling it was supposed to mean something to us. Has there been mention of a Noah previously?
I was trying to tie it somehow to Noah of Ark fame but... I got nothing.
Old 05-21-07, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Horrible, horrible season finale. What an anti-climactic end to the big showdown they've been building towards all season.
Old 05-21-07, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought it was a weak finale. Not enough action. The Peter Sylar showdown started at 9:50 PM EST.

I think Peter will be back. I'm not sure about Nathan.

How could Sylar survive being stabbed by Hiro ?
What powers does he have that could have saved him ?
Old 05-21-07, 10:33 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

That was a lame finale, overhyped mush. 40+ minutes into the hour and THAT was the showdown for the season? I guess that intense training Hiro had really showed in his one forward jab. Sylar slipping away was a joke, where was everyone else? Celebrating, off the set? Oblivious to the fact that the one guy who is out to kill everyone else is uh....perhaps not lying there dead like he should be? The series started out with a big bang but ended with a fizz.
Old 05-21-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I liked the season finale. I enjoyed how all the heroes came together at the end. I liked how the two kids Molly and Micah met up. Sylar surviving was kinda obvious to me. Though I did get the feeling that he was gonna die when Molly started talking about a person worse than him. The season finale wasn't the best episode of the year but it was still pretty good.
Old 05-21-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by johnglass
Horrible, horrible season finale. What an anti-climactic end to the big showdown they've been building towards all season.
When you drag out a story for 23 episodes and many months you have to have a payoff. This episode had nothing. No closure, no sense that anything was really solved. This entire season was bullshit and I'm pissed I wasted 23 hours of TV viewing on such a terrible finale.

That battle with Peter and Sylar needed to be big to pay off months of anticipation and the writers pissed it down their legs. I can only assume they ran out of money in the budget to do a decent finale.

Did I mention how stupid the not so subtle hint to the bigger villain was? Horrible, horrible finale.
Old 05-21-07, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

agree with everyone else. Should have been a 2 hour holy shit episode. Still better the lost though
Old 05-21-07, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by darkside
Did I mention how stupid the not so subtle hint to the bigger villain was? Horrible, horrible finale.
Who is the bigger villain?
Old 05-21-07, 10:47 PM

Received 366 Likes on 265 Posts
Originally Posted by mather
Sylar slipping away was a joke, where was everyone else? Celebrating, off the set? Oblivious to the fact that the one guy who is out to kill everyone else is uh....perhaps not lying there dead like he should be?
I enjoyed the finale, but I had a problem with this part too. All those people, and no one notices that Sylar's missing and there's a giant trail of blood leading to the open manhole? You'd certainly think that Bennett or Saresh would make sure he's dead.
Old 05-21-07, 11:08 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

they needed 2 hours. they squeezed in too much.
Old 05-21-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The think I really like about this show in comparison to superhero movies and a show like Smallville is the heroes are sort of grounded in reality. I also wanted a great showdown, but again, these aren't "those type" of heroes... yet.

I loved the ending.
Old 05-21-07, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought the ending was quite nice. Seeing Sylar/Peter really fight more would've been nicer, but that would also mean that the world in general would've then found out about the mutants.

I'm think Mr. Jefferson is the bigger bad guy.
Old 05-21-07, 11:25 PM

Shouldn't HRG first name have been Cosmo? j/k
Old 05-21-07, 11:25 PM

Why all the hate for Sylar living? I thought a lot of people here hoped he would survive. He has shown some ability for surviving massive injuries and death... He fell off the stadium in Texas with Peter and lived. He was drugged to the point of death by the Primatech people and somehow lived. He was shot in the chest by HRG when he was assaulting Mrs. Bennet and somehow lived.

The time travel stuff still confuses me.. What exactly changed the bomb not going off in this timeline? Was it the fact that Claire was alive and able to convince Nathan that fighting was the right thing to do?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.