Old 10-20-06, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
No wonder it was Ryan-centric. Haha.
Old 10-20-06, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Draven
Anyone who says that Dwight is getting too "over the top" has either a) never seen Season 2 or b) is complaining for the sake of complaining.

I loved Season 2 and I'm loving Season 3 as well. If you all want to see Jim and Pam pining for each other while Michael and Dwight act weird then watch Season 2. That's not what this season is about.
Or maybe they just have a different opinion than you.

Besides, exactly how do you know what "this season is about." Do you have some inside connection on the show or something?

Also, we saw Jim and Pam pining for each other last night, so obviously this season is going to be about that.
Old 10-20-06, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz

Besides, exactly how do you know what "this season is about." Do you have some inside connection on the show or something?

Also, we saw Jim and Pam pining for each other last night, so obviously this season is going to be about that.
yep, definitely. plus:

Spoiler:
The Nov. 9 episode is titled "Branch Closing"
Old 10-20-06, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm pretty sure that's what the entire show is about.
Old 10-20-06, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone who says that Dwight is getting too "over the top" has either a) never seen Season 2 or b) is complaining for the sake of complaining.
Every episode of every series has flaws. It is just as relevant to discuss the flaws of a show as it is the good points. You may not agree with them, but to make personal judgements about people you don't know is ....

very .... Michael.
Old 10-20-06, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by cungar
The things that made the British version of the show great - the mundaneness of an Office and impossibly uncomfortable situations are slipping away from this show. It's turning into just another wacky personalities show like My Name is Earl.
My thoughts exactly. It's just getting too "wacky" and over-the-top, when that's not what makes the show great.

I did like Ryan whipping the egg at the building that didn't like him ("They didn't have to tell you to your face"), and I hope the show picks it back up a little...
Old 10-20-06, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

When Ryan and Dwight came back to the office, was anyone else thinking Jim and Pam had talked all night and it was morning? I did at first. Then I couldn't help wondering how long they had been talking since we knew it was like 5:20 when he called. Would have been nice to see a clock or something.

I have to admit I made the same mistake with 28 Days Later when I first saw the title. Even told my wife it was a sequel to 28 Days
Old 10-20-06, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
It was nice how they used Michael's calls (where he imitated B. Cosby) look like they were just to friends and he was goofing off. In the end it actually was busines and lucrative at that.

Between his big deal at the convention and this potential big deal it may have righted the ship and be the reason the Scranton branch might outperform the Stamford branch. Therefore allowing the merger to take place into Scranton.
Old 10-20-06, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pinata242
When Ryan and Dwight came back to the office, was anyone else thinking Jim and Pam had talked all night and it was morning? I did at first. Then I couldn't help wondering how long they had been talking since we knew it was like 5:20 when he called. Would have been nice to see a clock or something.

I was thinking the same thing, they mentioned the time and I thought sure they were going to show a clock or something but no! (Maybe it is in the HD version of the show!)
Old 10-20-06, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Someone can tell me the sky is red but that doesn't mean it's true. Someone can tell me that Dwight is too "over the top" this season compared to last but that doesn't make it true.

As for what the season is "about" - what I meant was that this isn't Season 2. Jim is at Stamford. Who knows how long it will be but that's what's happening.

What I see are people opposed to anything that changes the formula from the cast sitting in the office together and watching Michael. I'm very supportive of change and new situations. If people want it to stay the same there are almost 30 episodes they can watch again and again instead.
Old 10-20-06, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Lateralus
(Maybe it is in the HD version of the show!)
Not mine.
Old 10-20-06, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Nefarious
It was nice how they used Michael's calls (where he imitated B. Cosby) look like they were just to friends and he was goofing off. In the end it actually was busines and lucrative at that.

Between his big deal at the convention and this potential big deal it may have righted the ship and be the reason the Scranton branch might outperform the Stamford branch. Therefore allowing the merger to take place into Scranton.
Michael is money. He's random as all get out, but he is money.

I'm going to miss the Stamford office if and when they end that storyline.
Old 10-20-06, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What I see are people opposed to anything that changes the formula from the cast sitting in the office together and watching Michael.
No, people are opposed to anything that is not funny.
Old 10-20-06, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Still a great show and my favorite sitcom on the air, but this was definately a weak episode (if not the weakest yet).

The Stamford scenes were great and the only redeeming things about last nights episode, IMO.
Old 10-20-06, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by B.A.
I'm going to miss the Stamford office if and when they end that storyline.
Hopefully they bring the guy that sits in front of Jim to Scranton. He's such a goofy-ass and I seem to laugh at most of the things he does/says.
Old 10-20-06, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Fine. Just get in the casket.
Old 10-20-06, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Hopefully they bring the guy that sits in front of Jim to Scranton. He's such a goofy-ass and I seem to laugh at most of the things he does/says.
Hell yeah, he's slowly coming around and keeping his rage under control.
Old 10-20-06, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunatikk
yep, definitely. plus:

Spoiler:
The Nov. 9 episode is titled "Branch Closing"
This is where this season is going to get really, really strong IMO. They couldn't avoid something so important to the British series. BTW, the British series was really about Tim and Dawn more than anything so Jim and Pam will always be the main thread of the American version. I like that they got Jim out of there for awhile though and are also giving Roy a chance to get involved again as well. Roy and Jim will have a big confrontation before the season is over.

Spoiler:
I'm sure many of the employees were are meeting now at Jim's office will be there when/if they combine the offices later in the season

Last edited by darkside; 10-20-06 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-20-06, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
The Office
Season 1
Some People: "OMG, NBC ruined The Office. American version sucks."

Other People: "No, it's actually pretty good."

Season 2
Some People: "Wow, The Office changed for the better. It's really good now."

Other People: "No, it's always been this way."

Season 3
Some People: "OMG, The Office changed for the worse. It totally sucks now."

Other People: "No, it's the same as it's always been."
IMHO it is more like

Season 1
I thought it was a decent show which had 1 or 2 classic episodes (Basketball and Diversity Day) but the other 4 weren't that strong. Michael was too mean spirited and the minor characters weren't given enough time.

Season 2
Ten to Fifteen amazing episodes and not one bad episode in the whole season. Michael is a more realistic character and all of the cast is given just the right amount of time.

Season 3
Better than most shows on tv but either the Jim/Pam dynamic was the thing the show was built off of or they are really screwed. They also haven't had some minor characters on at all. There have been 2 episodes as good as the second season (Gay Witch Hunt and Grief Counseling) and the rest have been almost season 1 quality.

I will always watch this show but season 3 has been a let down from Season 2 which was to me the greatest single season of comedy ever. It will probobly take those of us who loved every moment of Season 2 at least this whole season to get used to it not being quite as good.
Old 10-20-06, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Groucho
"Just as you have planted this seed in the ground, now I am going to plant my seed in you."

My wife was drinking water when Dwight said that, and ended up making a massive spit take.

The best part of that was Ryan's response: "I don't think you know what you're talking about."

Re: the show going "over the top" this season: was "Dwight's Speech" a paragon of cinema verite? How about "The Injury"?
Old 10-20-06, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
I was surprised to hear Dwight listening to Life Of Agony. River Runs Red is a classic metal disc from the early 90's IMO, but unless there's a LOA fan on staff, I'm guessing they went with it based on the band's name being a fitting description for Dwight's life.
Old 10-20-06, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
I It will probobly take those of us who loved every moment of Season 2 at least this whole season to get used to it not being quite as good.
Not me. I loved every minute of Season 2 and think the first episodes of Season 3 have been just as good.
Old 10-20-06, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by maingon
I dont think it jumped shark or anything, I really liked this episode alot. lots of great moments, Loved the ending with pam and jim. I think the thing with Jim in Stamford is working great. I thought this scene was up to par with the second season exept for the barn scene with Ryan and Dwight that seems out of place alittle. Still a great episode

Loved micheal and stanely getting there pretzel. Laughed when Micheal came out on his sugar high then the camera cut to him passed out on his desk. I like all the stuff with Jim and the Stanford employees.
I agree on all counts. I think Jim in Stamford is working for the most part. It isn't quite as zany as Jim messing with Dwight, but just a different kind of zany, I guess.

Loved most everything but the barn as well, save for the Dharma Initiative bit.

I thought one of the funniest bits was Pam showing the camera "cosby impression" on her sheet tracking what Michael did for the day.
Old 10-20-06, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does anyone think this show will be funnier than ever when the staffs combine eventually?
Old 10-20-06, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think Dwigt is too "over the top." I just think that he needs the appropriate person to play off of (like Jim, Michael, or Angela) to be funny. Without that, as a solo act, he runs a little thin.

Kinda like Randy on My Name Is Earl. He is much funnier when playing off the other characters and not so much when he has to sustain the laughs by himself.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.