Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Grey's Anatomy (ABC) -- Series Discussion Thread [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-07, 04:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bateman
Does anyone know who the actress that played Lexi Gray is? She looks really familiar and it has been annoying me.
Chyler Leigh

Not Another Teen Movie
Season seven of The Practice
Reunion
Old 05-18-07, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kind of a disappointment for me as well.
Old 05-18-07, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The only scene I liked a lot was Bailey / George outside.

Ya gotta give Sandra Oh credit for shaving her eyebrows. Though it was freeaking me out.

I do like the new Grey addition. They can now phase out Meredith without changing the title.

Doesn't really matter. I think I am done with the show.
Old 05-18-07, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't think Sandra had her eyebrows shaved, if you look closely enough, the eyebrows were covered up by some latex-like material where her eyebrows would be, and then more make-up was used to make it look like the eyebrows were shaved off. HDTV is good for spotting stuff like this.

(edited for second word - "don't", typed 'think')

Last edited by Patman; 05-18-07 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-18-07, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,823 Likes on 1,133 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I think think Sandra had her eyebrows shaved, if you look closely enough, the eyebrows were covered up by some latex-like material where her eyebrows would be, and then more make-up was used to make it look like the eyebrows were shaved off. HDTV is good for spotting stuff like this.

Plus the ones Izzy drew on her looked like her real ones in the last few scenes.

So, assuming this was Washington's swan song as suggesting earlier in this thread, if he hadn't been such a jerk in real life would he have returned? Also, when did the Chief "tap" his wife? Or am I missing something?

Last edited by Giantrobo; 05-18-07 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-18-07, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I felt really bad for Christina.

Meridith doesn't deserve McDreamy.

Izzie is an idiot if she thinks George is going to leave Callie.

Missed the part where Derek was offered the position, why didn't he take it?
Old 05-18-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by hippie68
I felt really bad for Christina.

Meridith doesn't deserve McDreamy.

Izzie is an idiot if she thinks George is going to leave Callie.

Missed the part where Derek was offered the position, why didn't he take it?
Should have just called me!

He didnt take it so the Chief could have a "do over" and do it like it wants to this time...and he said the Chief was still the best man for the job.

Didnt Christina freak out and say she was "free" the last scene. I got the impression she didnt want to be a Burke and was glad not to be married. She acted like the choker and the dress was like chains, and she coulnt wait to get out of them. Anyone else think that?

Sandra Oh is an incredible actess and I love her part.
Old 05-18-07, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Tscott
Every character on this show is emotionally moronic.
Don't watch the show regularly, but from what I have seen that sums it up perfectly.
Old 05-18-07, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tscott
Every character on this show is emotionally moronic.
Except for Bailey. She's a bitch to the interns, but since they're all morons, can you blame her?
Old 05-18-07, 10:13 AM

It is so lame how Izzy went from totally disfunctional over the death of Denny, to head over heals in love with George. I used to like Izzy back when she was "with" Alex. I even like the Denny storyline, but there was never even a spark of Romance between her and George, and now we are supposed to believe she is in love with him?

Totally out of character for Burke to run away like that without a confrontation, and how did he pack up all his stuff so quickly?

I always thought it was crazy that the chief would be retiring at such a young age - even more unrealistic that he would pick someone in their 40's to be the Cheif of Surgery in a major hospital. I kind of thought someone would convince him to remain on board.

A question.... If Callie is the the Chief Resident, who was the Chief Resident before her? And, excuse my lack of medical hierarchy knowledge, but what was Baileys position called?

Can't stand Christina as always, and don't get what Derek sees in Meredith....

_doug
Old 05-18-07, 10:18 AM

how old is meredith suppose to be? The smallest gap between her and her sister would be 4 years. I'm confused how her and lexi are only 1 year apparent in residency.
Old 05-18-07, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am not sure who is more self-absorbed at this point, Meredith or Izzy.

What exactly happened betwen Miranda and Callie for the job? I didn't understand how that all went down.

How can that girl be Meredith's half-sister? Didn't she already meet all of her half-sisters? Wouldn't she have known she had a sister that was going to be a doctor?
Old 05-18-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Legolas
Chyler Leigh

Not Another Teen Movie
Season seven of The Practice
Reunion
What? No love for That 80s Show?

Talk about an upgrade for the Grey clan.

Watching this finale (and most episodes really), I found myself imagining how much (more) it would suck if Oh and Wilson weren't such great actors.

das
Old 05-18-07, 10:56 AM

Seems to me that this show has lost its way. Maybe for the start of season 4 they can just have a mass suicide and then start over. Seriously is any character happy on the show? I know cliffhangers are supposed to leave you wanting something more and usually it involves some sort of bad/shocking thing. But seriously how are they going to top this next year? If the show is still around.

With Marti Noxon in charge of the Greys spinoff, I am sure that will not last that long either. Unless someone can real her in a little bit. The only thing I know for sure we will see a lot of the male cast without their shirts on, that is Marti's style.
Old 05-18-07, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,823 Likes on 1,133 Posts
It seems to me that if Callie hadn't married George she'd be the happiest and most emotionally healthy chick on the show second only to Bailey.
Old 05-18-07, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Every week the writers make me hate Meredith more and more...now they have me hating almost everyone on this show...the characters have all been acting so 'out of character' of late, that it just pisses me off. One of the worst season finales in a while...very disappointed.
Old 05-18-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
How can that girl be Meredith's half-sister? Didn't she already meet all of her half-sisters? Wouldn't she have known she had a sister that was going to be a doctor?
I think it was mentioned that there was a half-sister in New York in med school in a passing conversation this season.

Anyhow, the reveal of Lexie as a new intern and Meredith's half-sister should introduce some really weird love triangle between half-siblings.
Old 05-18-07, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by sjrab16
With Marti Noxon in charge of the Greys spinoff, I am sure that will not last that long either. Unless someone can real her in a little bit. The only thing I know for sure we will see a lot of the male cast without their shirts on, that is Marti's style.
Is that confirmed? Damn, if Satan Noxon is in charge of the spinoff, just pronounce the sucker dead right now. At least from a creative standpoint. This woman managed to take the best show on TV at the time(Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and run it into the ground.

It's clear she's got a decent amount of input on Grey's Anatomy as well. I swear, the moment her name appeared in the opening credits, this show went into the tank.
Old 05-18-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ever since the Ferry-Boat disaster episodes this season seemed to get worse and worse (and I paid less and less attention). This episode (and the previous 2) were getting better and back to the old GREY'S, but the show needs to stop being so gosh-darn SAD, I mean its not horrible if someone actually cracks a smile from time to time.

I hope that next years interns get some screen time and breath some much needed fresh-air into the series.

But personally I'll be looking forward to PRIVATE PRACTICE next year than season 4 of GREYS.
Old 05-18-07, 10:25 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 261 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by sjrab16
With Marti Noxon in charge of the Greys spinoff, I am sure that will not last that long either.
Hopefully ABC will do what they did with Brothers & Sisters, dump her and bring someone in who knows what they're doing.

This episode was terrible. Other than Bailey there isn't a likeable character on this show now.
Old 05-19-07, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I felt bad for Bailey, it must have been all her interns mucking it up all year that caused her the job!

Christine is going to be kick**$ next year, she'll be able to really let her Type A personality loose, now that she's 'free'.

I'm so looking forward to Private Practice. Between Bailey, Addison and Christine, I kept watching....everyone else on the show simply annoys me.

Yes, this season finale was a disappointment....what a downer.
Old 05-20-07, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am really confused as to why so many people didn't like the finale. It's freaking life, for crying out loud! Things change, things don't go as planned, and people move on. The finale, and this season, was all about burning everything down to the ground. That will allow a fresh start for season 4. It would be very boring if nothing changed, and everyone had a happy ending. I guess everyone feels that life is like a fairytale, and everything should end with a sprinkling of fairy dust! Come on!

I am sad that Addison is leaving. I don't think Private Practice will do well. From that backdoor pilot, I really didn't like any of the characters, and Addison went from being this strong, confident woman, to being a bumbling idiot. At least Kate Walsh has it in her contract that she can come back to Grey's Anatomy.

This season of Grey's Anatomy has been great. Sure, not AS great as season 2, but, it's still a great show. I believe with the burning of everything down in this season, the next season is going to be amazing. Of course, from the response in this thread, some people will just not watch. Which is sad. People have no loyalty or patience, anymore. Ready to just dump something that no longer provides them constant pleasure. It's a sad state of affairs, and it's no wonder so many good television shows end before their time, because people give up too easily.
Old 05-20-07, 05:26 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 926 Likes on 777 Posts
Missed last 6 minutes...

I missed right after Chief and wife were looking at the twins through the window with joe and his domestic partner.

Bailey didn't get the C of Surgery? who did?

what else happened? thanks.
Old 05-20-07, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
I missed right after Chief and wife were looking at the twins through the window with joe and his domestic partner.

Bailey didn't get the C of Surgery? who did?

what else happened? thanks.
Calliope O'Malley was appointed Chief Resident, rather than Bailey. Bailey was never up for Chief of Surgery. Webber appointed Derek as Chief of Surgery, but, Derek turned it down, saying that the best man for the job is Webber.

Burke let Yang go, and the wedding did not happen. Yang returned to their apartment, to find that Burke had taken his things, and left.

George was packing his things up, in the locker room, and the new interns came in. One of them spoke to him, and revealed that she is Lexy Grey, which just happens to be Meredith's half-sister.
Old 05-20-07, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
George was packing his things up, in the locker room, and the new interns came in. One of them spoke to him, and revealed that she is Lexy Grey, which just happens to be Meredith's half-sister.
...and is the same woman who Derek met in the bar and who asked Derek to buy her a drink.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.