Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Grey's Anatomy (ABC) -- Series Discussion Thread [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-07, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Bailey looked crushed when she found out Callie was up for the chief resident spot (and having a great day in the OR with the mountain hikers).
Old 05-11-07, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Yeah I get that they never shoulda got married, that they're doomed, and that George and Izzy have some lame puppy love for each other. I just don't like that Callie has to get hurt to get those 2 idiots together. Married too early or not Callie has strong feelings for George and it's lame for the writers to mess with her emotions just because those two have been farting around with each other since Season 1 or whatever. Mark is a Manwhore with a very limited emotional dinner plate so his type is better for this kind of "revolving point". Look, I realize I'm the only one here who cares more about Callie than Izzy. I get that. Perhaps Callie shoulda been written more like Mark, or been played by another actrees. Maybe then it would matter more to others.
I think my problem with this storyline is that I should feel sympathy for Callie (as written) but I am having a hard time with it since her and George seem to have zero chemistry together. It is hard to defend their marriage when it seems like they didn't belong together in the first place. I do like Callie as a character, but I just don't get her as a love interest for George. There was a scene last night where she hugged him and it just seemed so awkward for some reason. He does seem to have much better chemistry with Izzy. But I wonder if Izzy would even give him the time of day if he were single. I think the fact she can't have George makes him more desirable to her.
Old 05-11-07, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
I must have missed that because my mom called and told me her cat got run over, and they had to put him out of his misery (5 breaks to his hip bone and nerve damage). But I digress...
I'm sorry Pat...
Old 05-11-07, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I think my problem with this storyline is that I should feel sympathy for Callie (as written) but I am having a hard time with it since her and George seem to have zero chemistry together. It is hard to defend their marriage when it seems like they didn't belong together in the first place. I do like Callie as a character, but I just don't get her as a love interest for George. There was a scene last night where she hugged him and it just seemed so awkward for some reason. He does seem to have much better chemistry with Izzy. But I wonder if Izzy would even give him the time of day if he were single. I think the fact she can't have George makes him more desirable to her.
Yea, I pretty much agree with you. I know that George is really screwing over Callie, and that it's wrong, but I just don't care all that much.
Old 05-11-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The lack of chemistry and awkwardness of the relationship isn't about choice of actress or like-ability, but direction and writing. You are not supposed to like Callie too much otherwise George becomes the villain. Making George an anti-hero is not in the best interest of the show.

Callie will find out and be crushed. They will divorce. ... it is inevitable. It's a trainwreck waiting to happen. Everyone can see the train but Callie.
Old 05-11-07, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought that fact that Dr. Bailey said it would be a career mistake for George to go to Mercy West, and then Callie totally happy for the idea proved that Callie was more into protecting herself then really caring for her husband.

Like other people said though they have no chemistry when they are on screen together. So it is more of when they will break up not if for me,
Old 05-11-07, 11:03 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts
ok episode. The climber story could be interesting.

I take it bringing in Chyler Leigh is so they can create new drama between Derrick and Meredith after they wrap up the the Izzy and O'Malley's story.

The Addison stuff was over the top.
Old 05-12-07, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,860 Likes on 1,150 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia

I agree that the Chemistry is weird. I think A LOT of the bad-chemistry is on George's head and it was there Pre-Cheating with Izzy and it got WORSE due to his guilt and confusion over cheating with Izzy. I don't get her thing for George either. I think Callie can do waaaay better than George.

The whole getting horny and married after his dad died was/is a recipe for disaster which fits the other poster's idea that Callie is nothing more than a "revolving point" for the whole Izzy/George crapfest.

I do stand my theory that people don't care because of the actress playing Callie. I'll bet if George was married to a girl who more "Izzy-like" then people would be more sympathetic. To me both Izzy and Callie are gorgeous women and both can do way better then fricken George. I mean come on...George? Anyway, I think it's the Milquetoasty confused cheater George who's the real frog in this triangle.
Old 05-12-07, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by sjrab16
I thought that fact that Dr. Bailey said it would be a career mistake for George to go to Mercy West, and then Callie totally happy for the idea proved that Callie was more into protecting herself then really caring for her husband.

Did Bailey say it to Callie? Does that mean George still can't benefit? Bailey isn't alway right doncha know. Anyway, Callie is just stickin' by her man and supporting what he seems to want to do.
Old 05-12-07, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good episode. Meredith's dad is an ass. I was feeling sorry for him back when Meredith's mom was alive but now I have no sympathy for him.

It'll be interesting to see how all these storylines affect Burke & Christine's wedding.
Old 05-17-07, 10:52 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts
Grey's Anatomy *Season Finale* - "Didn't We Almost Have It All" - 5/17/07

"Didn't We Almost Have It All"
Spoiler:
Cristina and Burke's wedding day arrives along with the interns' first exam results. A successor to the Chief is named and Callie and George make a big decision about their relationship.
Old 05-17-07, 11:08 AM

I've all but given up on this season. Hopefully they can turn things around next year.
Old 05-17-07, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
If you are recording, note that this runs 15 minutes long, and PAD.
Old 05-17-07, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just finished here in Canada. Here are the major spoilers:

Spoiler:
  • George failed his test
  • Callie was named Chief Resident over Miranda
  • Ava's husband came back, but she wanted to stay with Alex, but he told her to stay with the husband. Of course Alex changed his mind but was too late
  • Richard's wife lost her baby
  • Burke called the wedding off and moved out of the apartment
  • Last week's barchick is one of the new interns, and it appears that she is Meredith's halfsister
  • Derek gets offered the Chief job, but tells Richard that he should keep it himself

Old 05-17-07, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

nice eyebrows
Old 05-17-07, 09:23 PM

well......I did not like this episode. Everybody was unhappy.
Old 05-17-07, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, I think the Burke thing was coming given the onset realities.

Not sure if George is coming back, but if so, he may just drop out of sight given the 2 women who love him, but he's sort in a weird quandry. Izzie sucks, though.

Felt bad for Bailey.

Addison is definitely out of SGH due to Private Practice given the green light for the fall.

Meredith and Derek really do need to go their separate ways, plus Lexie Gray will provide some more temptation for Derek.

Maybe Meredith and Yang will turn into a lesbian couple.

Alec might have pushed away a good thing, then again, maybe not.
Old 05-17-07, 10:13 PM

Well, I think the Burke thing was coming given the onset realities.

Not sure if George is coming back, but if so, he may just drop out of sight given the 2 women who love him, but he's sort in a weird quandry. Izzie sucks, though.
Burke is likely gone. That's been rumored for a while, and it's no surprise given what happened a few months ago on the set. I just wish they wrote a better exit for him than just running away.

T.R. Knight reportedly WILL be back for Season 4. That surprised me. I heard he was leaving too. And the way things were going in tonight's finale, what exactly would be his role next year? Repeating as an intern? Regardless, I hope they nip this Izzie thing in the bud soon. It's making him almost intolerable.

Felt bad for Bailey.
Who? Oh, you mean the character the writers always seem to ignore.

Addison is definitely out of SGH due to Private Practice given the green light for the fall.
Figures they take one of the few characters that remains likable on this show and put her in a different series. I'll give Private Practice a shot though. It can't be as bad as Season 3 of Grey's Anatomy.

Meredith and Derek really do need to go their separate ways, plus Lexie Gray will provide some more temptation for Derek.

Maybe Meredith and Yang will turn into a lesbian couple.
While I can't stand Meredith, Derek sure seems to have a short memory. He's the one who initially started dating her while he was still married. He's the one who rejected her to give his marriage another shot. And he's the one who flirted with a strange woman at a bar who turns out to be Meredith's half-sister. And SHE'S the one who's wrecking their relationship?

You gotta hand it to the writers on this show. The only remaining characters I could tolerate this season were Derek, George, and Addison. One was given nothing to do and then sent off to her own series. The other two were forced to act totally out of character and treat their respective girlfriend/wife like crap. Well done.

Alec might have pushed away a good thing, then again, maybe not.
I liked Jane Doe/Ava/Rebecca and her relationship with Alex. But they already went down this road late last season with Izzie and Denny. Plus unless she magically remembers she's a surgeon or a doctor of some kind, where would she fit in the show if she became a regular?
Old 05-17-07, 11:31 PM

Every character on this show is emotionally moronic.
Old 05-18-07, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

To all the haters.....Callie Rocks....suck it
Old 05-18-07, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dammit. I went to see Shrek The Third tonight & set my vcr to run till 10:02 not realizing it was an extended episode. I haven't watched it yet but when I do tomorrow I'll be about 13 minutes short. Of course this would be the first time in a couple months that they're not rerunning the episode on Friday night. Damn Damn Damn.
Old 05-18-07, 12:36 AM

watch it online?
Old 05-18-07, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can't. I'm a webtv user. Don't have a computer.
Old 05-18-07, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
To all the haters.....Callie Rocks....suck it

I think she does too
Old 05-18-07, 02:34 AM

Does anyone know who the actress that played Lexi Gray is? She looks really familiar and it has been annoying me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.