Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Grey's Anatomy (ABC) -- Series Discussion Thread [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-07, 02:15 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts
Great ep, the only thing I didn't care for was Izzy's "I believe" speech. The last 10 minutes were some of the best television this year.

Was that Denny or John Winchester? I knew he was going to show up but Kyle Chandler was a nice surprise.
Old 02-16-07, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,860 Likes on 1,150 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
Great ep, the only thing I didn't care for was Izzy's "I believe"

Yeah she really annoyed me with that. Suddenly she's full of enlightenment after walking around like a dorky but cute zombie for months on end.
Old 02-16-07, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
I think spoilerfix has the scoop on it but who knows if they're right.
OMG I read whats going to happen
Old 02-16-07, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 172 Posts
Izzy is such a **tch!! That comment about George making a mistake... grr

And Best. Ending. Ever. Will Meredith pull a Desperate Housewives?

And why did she just give up? Meredith didn't yell HELP or struggle, she just gave up. I feel like slapping her

Also what's with the girl? I wanted to slap her too until the end... is she mute? Can't she scribble in a piece of paper "Doctor lady fell in the lake" ??

Last edited by GatorDeb; 02-16-07 at 05:36 AM.
Old 02-16-07, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
I liked her...till I started watching in high def, I say lets keep her dead. Very good episode.
Old 02-16-07, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

It's funny, I keep thinking of Grey floating in the water for 7 days.
Old 02-16-07, 07:57 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by hdtv00
I liked her...till I started watching in high def, I say lets keep her dead. Very good episode.
Yeah. Her face is as smooth as James Woods'
Old 02-16-07, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Yea, that one was kind of a shocker.

Great episode though.
Old 02-16-07, 09:14 AM

so whats with those two people at the end.

who were they and what did that mean?
Old 02-16-07, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The guy in the gown was Denny, the love of Izzie's life last season. She broke all the hospital rules trying to save him, but he died anyway. He did leave her with $8.7 million in his will.

The other guy is the bomb squad dude who turned into pink mist when the bomb blew up at the end of the episode, just after Meredith was clear of it. It was part of a 2-part Super Bowl episode that aired after the game in 2006, and he died in the next episode.
Old 02-16-07, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
That part really pissed me off. I mean is now the time for her to pass judgment on George's love life? Probably not. The ending was pretty cool and they pulled a similar scene in another show I love. I have to say I wouldn't be mad if Meredeth didn't wake up.
Old 02-16-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
The other guy is the bomb squad dude who turned into pink mist when the bomb blew up at the end of the episode, just after Meredith was clear of it. It was part of a 2-part Super Bowl episode that aired after the game in 2006, and he died in the next episode.
When Merideth first woke up and saw Kyle Chandler my first thought was that the entire last year of the show had been a dream.
Old 02-16-07, 02:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man i wish she would stay dead. At the very least she should end up braindead from lack of oxygen.
Old 02-16-07, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That comment about George making a mistake...
...was great, because it can't be said enough. Of course, Izzie's point was that she believes their friendship will survive despite how she feels about his decision, but it was still nice to see someone finally verbalize what everyone is thinking.

Now all we need is for someone to tell Izzie to shut the hell up about Denny.

Wouldn't Meredith have some pretty serious brain damage if/when she wakes up? How could she continue on her current career path if she has brain damage?
Old 02-16-07, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by the big train
...was great, because it can't be said enough. Of course, Izzie's point was that she believes their friendship will survive despite how she feels about his decision, but it was still nice to see someone finally verbalize what everyone is thinking.
Callie O'Malley is one of my favorite TV characters EVER, and I love the O'Malley's union. It was not a mistake Not EVERYONE thinks it was a mistake!
Old 02-16-07, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It was not a mistake Not EVERYONE thinks it was a mistake!
I totally argee. I think it's time for George and Callie O'Malley to move away from these drama queens. I'm trying to figure out why Izzie is so against this marriage. Yes, it was quick and yes it was probably done too soon after losing his father.. but she's not a horrible person. They can make it work.
Unlike Meredith w/ all her Daddy and Mommy issues.. unlike Izzie who has no right to say anything about anyone, she should be in prison and NOT practicing medicine.
I'm rooting for them.
Old 02-17-07, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
I totally argee. I think it's time for George and Callie O'Malley to move away from these drama queens. I'm trying to figure out why Izzie is so against this marriage. Yes, it was quick and yes it was probably done too soon after losing his father.. but she's not a horrible person. They can make it work.
Unlike Meredith w/ all her Daddy and Mommy issues.. unlike Izzie who has no right to say anything about anyone, she should be in prison and NOT practicing medicine.
I'm rooting for them.
Well said. I agree with you and GatorDeb. And I also agree the the Callie is probably the least mentally and emotionally crazy of all the GA women.

They're a weird couple and the marriage was too soon after the death, but I think they get each other(a work in progress) and they seem to care deeply for each other. I think if Callie was some hot thin blonde there would be less freaking out over the marriage.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 02-17-07 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-17-07, 11:29 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
ABC reran both parts Friday night. I guess they figured people might need a refresher on who Chandler's character was.
Old 02-17-07, 02:44 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
She'll live, and they'll use the old, "her body and brain were so cold, that no damage was done." There won't be any brain damage or anything. Boo.

Best part was Kyle Chandler.
Old 02-17-07, 03:30 PM

Talk about 2 guest appearances for sweeps month!
Spoiler:
Denny and Coach Taylor (AKA Pink Mist)
no no thats
Spoiler:
Gary Hobson
Old 02-17-07, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Uh, you realize I'm referencing his Friday Night Lights character's name.
Old 02-17-07, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 756 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally Posted by Toonview
ABC reran both parts Friday night. I guess they figured people might need a refresher on who Chandler's character was.
Yeah, I'm actually kinda upset about that. I have conflicts when Grey's Anatomy first airs. So, I have been recording it when they show it again on Fridays. I didn't realize they weren't rerunning it this week on Friday. I guess I'll have to go to abc.com to watch it, although I often have problems accessing their online epsidoes. I haven't checked yet, but maybe they will show it again before next week's new ep ...
Old 02-17-07, 11:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The little mute girl that watched Meredith fall into the ocean? I wish Stevens would have taken the drill to HER skull. God, she was annoying.
Old 02-18-07, 07:44 AM

Uh, you realize I'm referencing his Friday Night Lights character's name.
yeah I know, I was just saying that I am old school and watched him before he did FNL
Old 02-18-07, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by clckworang
Yeah, I'm actually kinda upset about that. I have conflicts when Grey's Anatomy first airs. So, I have been recording it when they show it again on Fridays. I didn't realize they weren't rerunning it this week on Friday. I guess I'll have to go to abc.com to watch it, although I often have problems accessing their online epsidoes. I haven't checked yet, but maybe they will show it again before next week's new ep ...
According to my Tivo schedule, they're going to reair last week's before this week's. 8pm EST. New one 9pm EST.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.