Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Grey's Anatomy (ABC) -- Series Discussion Thread [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-05, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Give me a break - first Alex bangs the ugly nurse and second, he doesn't lock the door?
Ugly? I'd hit it. (I'd hit Izzy first, but I'd hit it.)
Old 11-28-05, 09:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tscott
Ugly? I'd hit it. (I'd hit Izzy first, but I'd hit it.)
Same here. She's not ugly. She does have a different look though.

We do need more of Izzy's boobies.
Old 11-28-05, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 625 Likes on 503 Posts
Originally Posted by chowderhead
Second, maybe, Meredith has always been one to sleep around. She did meet Dr. McDreamy at the same bar. Anyway, when I don't find Meredith whiny or clingy or annoying - I find her to be hypocritical. Her line about who tries to turn one-night stands into relationships is sure rich coming from her.

Yeah - McDreamy was a one-night stand but I never got the feeling that she did that regularly.
Old 11-28-05, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Tscott
I don't believe they put the "It puts the lotion in the basket or else it gets the hose again" song in this episode.
That's a song? I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. I thought it was 'puts the lotion on it's "skin"... which is a line from Silence of the Lambs.
Old 11-28-05, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by B.A.
Great googly-moogly! I think the wife noticed the grin on my face last night when they made their special guest appearance.
I practically got an elbow in the ribs from the Mrs. at that point.

Plus I got the following dialoge:

Mrs. Phil L: I know *you* wouldn't have any trouble 'performing' for her.
Me: "Well, I, uh. Is that a complement?"
Mrs. Phil L: "umm"
Me: "I guess not."
Old 11-28-05, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Phil L.
That's a song? I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. I thought it was 'puts the lotion on it's "skin"... which is a line from Silence of the Lambs.
Oops. Messed up the quote. But yeah, someone made a song based on those lines from SotL. It was playing George quoted that same scene to Meredith in the stairwell.
Old 12-04-05, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Grey's Anatomy 12/4/05

The quints fight for their lives, and Mrs. McDreamy uses the terminal one to teach Izzy a lesson the hard way, but it's a lesson that Izzy will need some perspective before understanding why she was pushed by her mentor.

George's patient was funny in trying to push him back towards the nurse because as Rick Springfield stated so eloquently a few decades ago, "love hurts when only one's in love."

Rosanna Arquette's guest spot as a murderer swallowing razor blades just for some human contact was oddly non-engaging, though Christina learned a little bit of compassion.

Meredith's bedside manner continues to provide support for the mother of the quints. Placing one of the quints with another one in the same ICU enclosure produces a symbiotic response which help both quints.

Alex gets the brush-off by Dr. McDreamy for his mal-practice, and he gets Meredith in friend-trouble (with Izzy) when she offers to help Alex find a solution to help the patient he has almost killed. I'm not sure what Alex brings to the med table, hope we find out soon.

I did find it interesting that Meredith paints herself as the blacksheep of her family before her mother's condition worsened. I guess she fell back into bedding lots of guys after McDreamy went back to the wife because that's where she found superficial comfort then, but now, has she matured enough to skip the one night stands?

I'm not sure how Izzy/Meredith/George are going to figure out the logistics of owning a dog (unless you let the dog roam outside all day).
Old 12-04-05, 10:29 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 270 Likes on 205 Posts
Good episode

Liked the stuff with Izzy. She's been due to snap for a while. I almost felt sorry gor Alex when McDreamy was tearing him a new one.

Bailey was great as usual, the scene with her talking to the Quint was good

It's a shame this show doesn't get 1/10 the attention paid to it that DH does.
Old 12-05-05, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts
another great episode though it was a bit easy to predict what would happen with Izzie and the baby as they foreshadowed it. Plus for whatever reason, on my audio, the mother said she had four babies when she was talking with Meridth when Meridth was trying to convince her not to leave. I will say though this was a plot device, the mother of the quints was VERY selfish.
Old 12-05-05, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chowderhead
Plus for whatever reason, on my audio, the mother said she had four babies when she was talking with Meridth when Meridth was trying to convince her not to leave.
I think she said that she has "four babies who might die" because they knew that the 5th baby did not have any health problems.

The leeches guy was "That's My Bush!"

Nice touch with having the post-partum mom still look pregnant in her scenes. That amazed me after I had my baby, you still look pregnant for a while until your uterus shrinks back.

Can someone please feed Merideth? That actress is so skinny. At the end when she was wearing jeans, she looked like a stick figure. Perhaps Dr. McDreamy likes a little more meat on his women? Addison and Izzie both have healthy physiques in comparison.
Old 12-05-05, 09:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
Good episode

Liked the stuff with Izzy. She's been due to snap for a while. I almost felt sorry gor Alex when McDreamy was tearing him a new one.

Bailey was great as usual, the scene with her talking to the Quint was good

It's a shame this show doesn't get 1/10 the attention paid to it that DH does.
That was harsh the way Sheppard talked to Alex.
I don't think Izzy deserved that either from Mrs. Sheppard. That would piss me the f' off. I think they could of had a serious talking to or something before hand.
Old 12-05-05, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good episode.

Looking more carefully at that nurse that George banged and Alex got caught with...yeesh, she is downright nasty looking. Still can't imagine Alex wrecking a possible good thing with Izzy over her.

George blurting to the leech guy: "She gave me syphilis."

End of the Roseanna Arquette bit with her getting to spend 10 days two weeks now in the hospital after eating a broken light bulb...are we supposed to get a warm fuzzy over that? She's a convicted murderer. F' her. So she has to spend 23 hours a day in solitary while in prison and is lonely. TFB.
Besides, who's paying for all that health care?

So now the gang has a dog. Hope they don't end up making a big deal out of the dog story line. Lorelai's dog scenes in the Gilmore Girls is the worst part of that show.

Oh and btw...I refuse to use, say, or even type the word "McDreamy"

Doh'!
Old 12-06-05, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 196 Likes on 161 Posts
The best storyline was w/ George, Leech-man and Olivia the nurse. The whole damn thing was hilarious.

I like where they are going w/ Izzy and Mrs. Shephard and the protege angle.

Burke needs to give Christina the boot. I don't see where they are going w/ it.

The Nazi got a few chuckles out of me when she was talking to the baby.
Old 12-06-05, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I like how the nurse isn't drop dead gorgeous. It adds an air of believability...in all reality, she's the kind of girl I could totally see George with.
Old 12-06-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
She kind of almost looks like Jennifer Aniston on a bad day.
Old 12-06-05, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Phil L.

Besides, who's paying for all that health care?

I was thinking the SAME exact thing!
Give me a freaking break. After she's out of the woods.. ship her
back to prison and let them decide where she belongs. They have a
sick bay.
Old 12-06-05, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
The best storyline was w/ George, Leech-man and Olivia the nurse. The whole damn thing was hilarious.

I like where they are going w/ Izzy and Mrs. Shephard and the protege angle.

Burke needs to give Christina the boot. I don't see where they are going w/ it.

The Nazi got a few chuckles out of me when she was talking to the baby.

100% on everything.

The whole prison bitch plot was terrible. I agree with everyone else, she is a murderer why should we care that she is lonely? Let her rot in solitary for all I care.
Old 12-06-05, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Caught an episode of "Punk'd" with Ellen Pompeo, and I was surprised to hear she had a Boston accent (but that's where she's from, according to IMDB), so the flat accent she uses as Meredith is definitely part of her acting. Also, she's got a jealous streak about her as well, as the punking had an attractive waitress come on to her fiancee calling him "honey" or "sweetie" that sort of thing), and it ended with the fiancee giving the waitress a $200 tip, and Ellen was telling the fiancee to fix the mistake, but he just laughed it off, so Ellen was royally pissed by the big tip left by her fiancee on HER credit card.
Old 12-07-05, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
The whole prison bitch plot was terrible. I agree with everyone else, she is a murderer why should we care that she is lonely? Let her rot in solitary for all I care.
Because she could never commit a crime. It was her boyfriend that made her do it .... Oh and the Crystal Meth. So you see, she was falsely imprisoned and we should be sad for her.
Old 12-11-05, 03:07 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Grey's Anatomy - "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" - 12/11

"Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer"
Spoiler:
Burke and Yang disagree on how to treat a young boy who does not seem to want a needed heart-transplant.
Old 12-11-05, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for starting thread. I didn't know network was broadcasting it tonight. We have a football game here (the Lions will make fools of themselves again) so we get delayed broadcast at midnight (or later?).
Old 12-11-05, 10:51 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Another solid episode.

Loved George telling the family to shut the hell up.

"Dr. Karevorkian"
Old 12-11-05, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Another good episode dealing with the holidays, and how they affect the interns, and the prospects of how they'll affect their professional lives in the future.

Yang and Burke make such a strange couple, but it sort of works by the end of the day as each finds a way to get the job done, but on their own terms as well.

I was about to have an ulcer from that poor woman's family of utter whiney miscreants. Had to laugh hard at Bailey unleashing the George upon that sorry excuse for a family.

Izzy finds a bit of cartharsis during Alex's "exam". She needed a good cry.

If you're Addison, what do you do? Your husband admits to you that he's still in love with Meredith, but he's "with" you? That's a helluva bomb to unload for Christmas.
Old 12-12-05, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
One of the best of the season so far. Tied with the pole people :-)
Old 12-12-05, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 196 Likes on 161 Posts
I wish Burke would dump that bitch, Yang.

George was kind of funny when he finally told the ulcer-inducing family off, and when he told Alex, "no rectals!"

I want to console Izzy.

I don't think Mr. Shephard could have been any more blunt w/ Mrs. Shephard. Bah-humbug!!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.