Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Grey's Anatomy (ABC) -- Series Discussion Thread [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-07, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks magicmom and jadzia!

i, too, had a hard time paying attention during the episode.
Old 05-04-07, 05:57 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts
I liked Amy Gray and Agent Kellerman's scenes together, the rest was ok. I too spent most of the time naming shows that I've seen these people on.

Is turning Burke into a chick over this wedding Washington's punishment for his comments?
Old 05-08-07, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 386 Likes on 245 Posts
Originally Posted by vegasbaby
Tim Daly and Taye Diggs ... the kiss of death for a series.

Spinoff looks LAME-O
No shit! Daly played the role of Jim Lovell in "From The Earth To The Moon" and now Lovell's dead!

Oh wait, that was Wally Schirra (that Mark Harmon, he's the kiss of death for a series!)

Oh, never mind.
Old 05-08-07, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by magiccmom
The low point for me was when Addison was sitting on the steps crying to Tim Daly about how dried up she was.

I dont like the therapist character at all.

Tim Daly is hot. To bad he never gets to stay on a show long enough for me to really get a good drool going.
He was on Wings for 8 years.
Old 05-08-07, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 756 Likes on 492 Posts
Well, the one thing that this show did for me was give me answers for other shows. Surfer dude is on Veronica Mars right now, which leads me to believe he won't be on next season (well, if a miracle happens and CW renews it). Plus, I quit watching Prison Break this season, planning to catch up on it on DVD, but then I see that one guy on here. Guess he probably doesn't make it out of this season of Prison Break alive ...
Old 05-08-07, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing
He was on Wings for 8 years.
Yeah, I meant recently...that was a while ago!
Old 05-10-07, 07:51 AM

I didn't think the Addison scenes were that bad. And at least the spinoff could grow on me since I didn't immediately hate any of the characters the way I did with some of the Grey's Anatomy ones. And as for the original show, how dull has this series become? Did anyone even care when Meredith's stepmom died?
Old 05-10-07, 08:47 AM

the scene when they were asking Dr. Bailey about her marriage, didnt her husband die last year in a car crash?
Old 05-10-07, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by kiddk1
the scene when they were asking Dr. Bailey about her marriage, didnt her husband die last year in a car crash?
Nope, he was in the hospital and had brain surgery as she was giving birth. But he made a full recovery.
Old 05-10-07, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
Nope, he was in the hospital and had brain surgery as she was giving birth. But he made a full recovery.
thanks, that cleared alot up for me
Old 05-10-07, 12:17 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts
Grey's Anatomy - "Testing 1-2-3" - 5/10/07

"Testing 1-2-3"
Spoiler:
Exam day has arrived for the interns - and not everyone is ready. Callie's suspicions of George and Izzie grow, and Cristina struggles to write her wedding vows.
Old 05-10-07, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 209 Likes on 161 Posts
How about McDreamy and McSteamy fight it out in a lab and one of them is left horribly disfigured and spends next season seeking vengeance?
Old 05-10-07, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,862 Likes on 1,150 Posts
I want Callie to beat up Izzie then kick George in the nuts.
Old 05-10-07, 08:34 PM

Hopefully George will reciprocate with a nutshot on Callie.
Old 05-10-07, 09:03 PM

Who was the smokin hot girl hitting on Shepherd at the bar? I can't remember what she's from...

edit: Haven't seen a credit, but I think it's Chyler Leigh, who I'm remembering from "Not Another Teen Movie."

Last edited by RUSF18; 05-10-07 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-10-07, 09:39 PM

I really enjoyed this episode...of course anything was better than last weeks.

Has there ever been a more pitiful character on a show than Merideth?
Old 05-10-07, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This was a good episode, full of drama, and some resolutions to a long running subplot with Alex, and a somewhat surprising conclusion to the mountain hiker subplot. It was a little cruel to keep reminding Addison about her own infertility with the subplot with Joe and his guy. Thatcher is not going to let Meredith off the hook for the foreseeable future, he is in an awful place. Could care less about Burke and Yang's upcoming nuptials. Izzie and George just stop the show in its track for me whenever they are on-screen making mopey eyes at one another. Did the Chief's wife just start to bleed out, or did she do something to herself in the bathroom?
Old 05-10-07, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Terps54423
Hopefully George will reciprocate with a nutshot on Callie.

Yeah because clearly Callie is the cheating fuckup here....

The man is trying to do the best for his marriage and Izzy is in his face at every turn. It's like she doesn't get that if he's to work on his marriage then she needs to stay away.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 05-10-07 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-11-07, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Patman
Did the Chief's wife just start to bleed out, or did she do something to herself in the bathroom?

She's 52 and pregnant so she's in a high risk situation. Plus, when Addison saw her early on she told her that she was spotting so that was probably the early signs of things to come.
Old 05-11-07, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I must have missed that because my mom called and told me her cat got run over, and they had to put him out of his misery (5 breaks to his hip bone and nerve damage). But I digress...
Old 05-11-07, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo

The man is trying to do the best for his marriage and Izzy is in his face at every turn. It's like she doesn't get that if he's to work on his marriage then she needs to stay away.

Eh. If he wants to be with Izzie, and vice versa, I don't see the problem. Well other than he being married, but he could get a divorce.
Old 05-11-07, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Terps54423
Who was the smokin hot girl hitting on Shepherd at the bar? I can't remember what she's from...

edit: Haven't seen a credit, but I think it's Chyler Leigh, who I'm remembering from "Not Another Teen Movie."
Good thing Grey's Anatomy is already a hit, cuz Chyler Leigh is like the female Eric Balfour. She's the kiss of death for any new series. I wouldn't mind her sticking around though. She's about 1000 times hotter than Meredith and could never be as annoying a character.
Old 05-11-07, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Eh. If he wants to be with Izzie, and vice versa, I don't see the problem. Well other than he being married, but he could get a divorce.
yeah, fuck marriage vows....whatever. But hey, if he loves Iz then he should "man up", dump Callie, and go be with Izza-mess. But Callie should still beat her up and kick George in the nuts for betraying her. I know you guys hate Callie but she's the victim here.
Old 05-11-07, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I really enjoyed this episode much more than the previous couple. The drama is done much better than the comedy.

Callie and George both made the mistake of getting married too early. It was written to be that way from the beginning. The vows have nothing to do with the plot. There has been an Izzy George connection since the first episodes. I would bet they have always planned to get Izzy and George together, but just never worked out the mechanics till this season. Callie is just a revolving point for the rest of the cast, like Mark.
Old 05-11-07, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Ayre
I really enjoyed this episode much more than the previous couple. The drama is done much better than the comedy.

Callie and George both made the mistake of getting married too early. It was written to be that way from the beginning. The vows have nothing to do with the plot. There has been an Izzy George connection since the first episodes. I would bet they have always planned to get Izzy and George together, but just never worked out the mechanics till this season. Callie is just a revolving point for the rest of the cast, like Mark.

Yeah I get that they never shoulda got married, that they're doomed, and that George and Izzy have some lame puppy love for each other. I just don't like that Callie has to get hurt to get those 2 idiots together. Married too early or not Callie has strong feelings for George and it's lame for the writers to mess with her emotions just because those two have been farting around with each other since Season 1 or whatever. Mark is a Manwhore with a very limited emotional dinner plate so his type is better for this kind of "revolving point". Look, I realize I'm the only one here who cares more about Callie than Izzy. I get that. Perhaps Callie shoulda been written more like Mark, or been played by another actrees. Maybe then it would matter more to others.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 05-11-07 at 08:25 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.