Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Grey's Anatomy (ABC) -- Series Discussion Thread [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-05, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 196 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
She was in this episode? I didn't recognize her. I actually liked that show when it was on, even though I think it only lasted like 2 or 3 episodes.
She was Addison's friend Savannah who was going through w/ the female castration.
Old 11-20-05, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Grey's Anatomy - 11/20/05

"Thanks for the Memories"

Spoiler:
The Thanksgiving holiday is more difficult for the interns and residents than any of them is willing to admit.

Cast: Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, James Pickens Jr, TR Knight, Sandra Oh, Katherine Heigl, Chandra Wilson, Isaiah Washington, Justin Chambers, Kate Walsh.
Director(s): Michael Dinner.
Producer(s): Shonda Rhimes , Shonda Lynn Rhimes, Mark Gordon, Betsy Beers, Jim Parriott.
Writer(s): Shonda Rhimes , Shonda Lynn Rhimes.

Original Airdate: November 20, 2005.

Grey's Anatomy
Old 11-20-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
11/20/05

Okay, I give up, I've run out of weekly superlatives for this show. Once again, a simple case forces the viewer to confront a poignant situation on a personal level (the guy who wakes up from a coma after 16 years, and has to find out his wife has finally moved on, and has missed seeing his son grow up). Can you imagine waking up, finding out that life has moved on, with a reduction in familial ties, and having to face a surgical decision that is a 50/50 proposition? Luckily for the coma guy, Meredith's bedside manner is one of her strengths as a doctor.

George and his dad and brothers provided some good laughs, though I knew his dad was going to get popped with buckshot, like the irony considering the family was on a turkey hunt. T.R. Knight does a great job with the comedic bits as George. He could be played as a spineless sap, but there's more than a hint of a spine, and definitely more surgical aptitude than you'd think just by looking at his disshelveled appearance, but he's got it going on in spite of his schlumpy predisposition.

Having Christina sneak out for booze and surgery was just so Christina. Having Christina and Bailey communicate regarding Bailey's pregnancy and Christina's recent pregnancy was a nice touch given the tough exteriors both women project as a basic personality trait.

Who knew Burke would prove to be so capable in the kitchen, and he continued to be the teacher to Izzy, who was hopelessly optimistic about her culinary acumen in preparing a Thanksgiving meal for her new immediate surgical family.

It appears that Meredith is finally getting past the hurt of the her now-dissolved relationship with Dr. McDreamy, and Derek seems to finally be in that place to give Addison and his marriage another chance. The ending stanza in this episode is pitch-perfect bittersweetness.
Old 11-20-05, 10:32 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 270 Likes on 205 Posts
Good episode.

I was impressed they were able to make all the stories interesting.
Old 11-21-05, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best line I think was when joe showed up and Christina asked if he brought liquor.

"Nope just a pie"
"Your a bartender, and you didn't bring liquor?"
"Your a surgeon, did you bring scalpels?"
Old 11-21-05, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I really enjoyed the ep, particularly Burke and Izzy in the kitchen. The only thing that annoyed me (as usual) was Christina. Isaiah Washington is so damn smooth on this show.
Old 11-21-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
I really enjoyed the ep, particularly Burke and Izzy in the kitchen. The only thing that annoyed me (as usual) was Christina. Isaiah Washington is so damn smooth on this show.
Christina is one of the few things that keeps me watching the show. This season started out great, but the last 2 episodes have not been as stellar. Meredith bothered me (as usual). George as comic relief is getting old. The hunting expidition was idiotic. Lets make fun of anything "male" aspect of the show would be good if it was actually funny.

The whole thanksgiving dinner thing was a *yawn*. As for the PotW (patient of the week) Of course the man had to die .. just like last week, you could see it coming a mile away.

I still enjoy a lot of the banter and Mrs. McDreamy look darn good at the trailer. I actually like them better than Meredith. Alex needs to get involved. The characters need to make more "bad" choices. Burke is cool, but unfortunately in a mensa kind of way ... hehe Preston.
Old 11-21-05, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 625 Likes on 503 Posts
Originally Posted by dunno260
Best line I think was when joe showed up and Christina asked if he brought liquor.

"Nope just a pie"
"Your a bartender, and you didn't bring liquor?"
"Your a surgeon, did you bring scalpels?"

That was my favorite part too.

Overall, I didn't care much for this episode.
Old 11-21-05, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had to laugh that one of George's brothers was the "O face" guy from Office Space. I kept cracking up every time he talked.
Old 11-21-05, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,873 Likes on 1,153 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I had to laugh that one of George's brothers was the "O face" guy from Office Space. I kept cracking up every time he talked.
You and me both Sister.

I only saw parts of this ep because I had to work but that parts I saw were good. I love that "bartender/booze" line and I also love how the Sistah was more mellowed and less pushy this week. Or at least mellow and less pushy compared to what she normally is.
Old 11-21-05, 10:25 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I wish they would just have an "accident" at Seattle Grace and kill off Christina. She is such an annoying character, or perhaps it is just her acting, but I actually turn the channel now when she comes on. Its just so grating...
Old 11-23-05, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
11/20/05

Okay, I give up, I've run out of weekly superlatives for this show. Once again, a simple case forces the viewer to confront a poignant situation on a personal level (the guy who wakes up from a coma after 16 years, and has to find out his wife has finally moved on, and has missed seeing his son grow up). Can you imagine waking up, finding out that life has moved on, with a reduction in familial ties, and having to face a surgical decision that is a 50/50 proposition? Luckily for the coma guy, Meredith's bedside manner is one of her strengths as a doctor.

George and his dad and brothers provided some good laughs, though I knew his dad was going to get popped with buckshot, like the irony considering the family was on a turkey hunt. T.R. Knight does a great job with the comedic bits as George. He could be played as a spineless sap, but there's more than a hint of a spine, and definitely more surgical aptitude than you'd think just by looking at his disshelveled appearance, but he's got it going on in spite of his schlumpy predisposition.

Having Christina sneak out for booze and surgery was just so Christina. Having Christina and Bailey communicate regarding Bailey's pregnancy and Christina's recent pregnancy was a nice touch given the tough exteriors both women project as a basic personality trait.

Who knew Burke would prove to be so capable in the kitchen, and he continued to be the teacher to Izzy, who was hopelessly optimistic about her culinary acumen in preparing a Thanksgiving meal for her new immediate surgical family.

It appears that Meredith is finally getting past the hurt of the her now-dissolved relationship with Dr. McDreamy, and Derek seems to finally be in that place to give Addison and his marriage another chance. The ending stanza in this episode is pitch-perfect bittersweetness.

I have to agree with every paragraph above. Well said. I also have to agree with:

Originally Posted by Ayre
As for the PotW (patient of the week) Of course the man had to die .. just like last week, you could see it coming a mile away.
The patient/love life parallells were tiresome 2 weeks ago, now they are pathetic. I was expecting the coma patient plot to be quite lame, as ER had one wake up a few weeks back as well, but at least it turned out very touching. The son showing up tugged at the heartstrings.

50-50, the worst possible odds. I think I might have walked out and taken every day thereafter as a gift. Enjoy life to the fullest. I mean he was out for 16 years!
Old 11-27-05, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Grey's Anatomy - 11/27/05

"Much Too Much"

Spoiler:
A man who has priapism comes to the hospital, and Meredith awkwardly realizes that he is her one-night stand.

Cast: Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, James Pickens Jr, TR Knight, Sandra Oh, Katherine Heigl, Chandra Wilson, Isaiah Washington, Justin Chambers, Kate Walsh.
Director(s): Wendy Stanzler.
Producer(s): Shonda Rhimes , Shonda Lynn Rhimes, Mark Gordon, Betsy Beers, Jim Parriott.
Writer(s): Gabrielle Stanton, Harry Werksman.

Original Airdate: November 27, 2005.

Grey's Anatomy
Old 11-27-05, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Go look up "mortification" and you'll see Meredith's picture in the dictionary after she breaks her one-night-stand's penis and the entire hospital knows about it. Good for some laughs, for sure.

Burke's jaw pretty much hit the floor after Christina shows him what a frikkin' class A slob she is. Whoa. I kept hoping Burke would have just said, "Key, please." and walked out.

Alex and Izzy, guess that ain't happening anytime soon now.

Booger's subplot didn't really go anywhere, except for an excuse for him to go nutty with the toilet water.

The quints subplot was okay, quite a bit of surgery needed for those little girls.
Old 11-27-05, 10:29 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

How can you get it up for that nurse and not Izzy? I guess they're trying to make some connection with him not being able to get it up for girls he has feelings for.

The Meredith story was pretty funny. Bailey had some great lines.
Old 11-27-05, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't believe they put the "It puts the lotion in the basket or else it gets the hose again" song in this episode.

Pretty funny stuff with the one night stand, until they got needle came out... then it wasn't quite as funny.
Old 11-27-05, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I read that Sara Ramirez will be joining the cast for a couple episodes. Has anybody heard when?
Old 11-27-05, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well this show completely lost all credibility with George turning down Izzy at the beginning. I mean I'll still watch and love it, I'm just saying is all. George, you will never, ever do better than that in your life. Ever.

The Meredith storyline was great, but gotta have some more Doctor Bailey. She's always on her game.
Old 11-27-05, 11:27 PM

"Congratulations, you're flaccid."
Old 11-27-05, 11:31 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Katherine Heigl's breasts deserve a best guest appearance emmy.
Old 11-28-05, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MrX
Katherine Heigl's breasts deserve a best guest appearance emmy.
Great googly-moogly! I think the wife noticed the grin on my face last night when they made their special guest appearance.

Meredith needs to learn a little self-respect.

Alex really has some issues.

Bailey is funny as shit.

Burke really should have demanded the key back and used force if necessary.

Mrs. Shephard is really hot. I noticed they added Kate Walsh's name to the openning credits - not sure if they had her as anything more than a guest star before.
Old 11-28-05, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 625 Likes on 503 Posts
Give me a break - first Alex bangs the ugly nurse and second, he doesn't lock the door?

What's with turning Meredith into a total slut?
Old 11-28-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Give me a break - first Alex bangs the ugly nurse and second, he doesn't lock the door?

I know. First, not hearing his pager and then not locking the door. Telegraphed the walk-in from a mile away!

Second, maybe, Meredith has always been one to sleep around. She did meet Dr. McDreamy at the same bar. Anyway, when I don't find Meredith whiny or clingy or annoying - I find her to be hypocritical. Her line about who tries to turn one-night stands into relationships is sure rich coming from her.
Old 11-28-05, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Red Dog

I couldn't believe he didn't lock the door either.

I think Meredith has been a slut all along.
Old 11-28-05, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by B.A.
Great googly-moogly! I think the wife noticed the grin on my face last night when they made their special guest appearance.
I'm a straight woman and those special guest stars even made me grin. Those were some very nice breastices.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.