Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Grey's Anatomy (ABC) -- Series Discussion Thread [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-05, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
No opening credits this week. Thank god and I hope it's permanent. The opening credits sequence for this show was horrible and even a little insulting.
I really like the opening credits and little song that goes along.

This show continues to just get stronger and more entertaining. A clear winner.
Old 10-31-05, 08:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
My wife(a labor & delivery nurse), was shocked when they showed her giving the epidural last night, a job reserved for the anaesthesiologist.
TV characters multitask in their professions because otherwise it would be really boring and require more characters to cast for (i.e. CSI).
Old 10-31-05, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Plus they were in a middle of a crisis with the train wreck, I would imagine most of the doctors would have to pitch in where necessary and do things they would not normally do.

As fas as her doing the C-section instead of the woman's regular doctor, it was probably because she wasn't planning to go into labor then, or was at a different hospital. When I had my son, I labored naturally but ended up needing a C-section because we couldn't turn my son after 4 hours of pushing (he was posterior). Anyway, my doctor (or the on-call doctor from my doctor's OB/GYN practice) was already in surgery with someone else, so they had the resident OB/GYN doctor at the hospital start my surgery. But the other doctor came in and finished and sewed me up.
Old 10-31-05, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,102 Likes on 798 Posts
Izzie is invited to become a protege of Mrs. McDreamy in her pediactric specialty.
why then would she take an interest in a general surgery intern as she did at the end of the episode?

......................................................................Maybe her interest isn't entirely professional.
Old 10-31-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Count Dooku

......................................................................Maybe her interest isn't entirely professional.
that's the move. nicely played.
Old 10-31-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts
Originally Posted by Legolas
TV characters multitask in their professions because otherwise it would be really boring and require more characters to cast for (i.e. CSI).
Obviously, but why show the procedure at all if they aren't going to do it right? They could have easily mentioned she had her epidural and is ready to go in. Just seems kinda lazy on the writers part.

My wife points out all this type of stuff on this show, ER and even the CSI's when they get into the medical stuff. Keeps it interesting, knowing they are actually doing the right thing despite being fictional shows.
Old 11-03-05, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I cried so much during this episode, absolutely awesome. A few months back when Boston Legal didn't return, I called foul. Now, it's by far the best show on TV for me - I love other shows, but this draws me in every week.

I'm glad the Meredith/Dr. Shephard relationship is over, there wasn't much that they could do with that angle, but I'm looking forward with how they develop Meredith as all her character was doing was fixating on him. Let's see what they do with their lead character now.

Still don't like Mr. Lack of Mojo, he's just annoying, but all the other characters have grown on me. I'm loving this show.
Old 11-03-05, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
But, it looks like Alex got his Mojo back!
Old 11-03-05, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by kms_md
that's the move. nicely played.
So, Mrs. McDreamy cheated on McDreamy with his FEMALE best friend?! Hmmmm.
Old 11-04-05, 01:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by theedge
So, Mrs. McDreamy cheated on McDreamy with his FEMALE best friend?! Hmmmm.
She did suggest a threesome when she inturrupted a Meredith-Derek conversation a few weeks back.
Old 11-06-05, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Grey's Anatomy - 11/06/05

"Something to Talk About"

Spoiler:
A male patient who seems to have a hysterical pregnancy fascinates the staff.

Cast: Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, James Pickens Jr., TR Knight, Sandra Oh, Katherine Heigl, Chandra Wilson, Isaiah Washington, Justin Chambers, Kate Walsh, Kate Burton, Joe Sikora, Michelle Ongkingco, Patty Yasutake, Francis Guinan, Tyrees Allen, Elaine Kagan, Reni Santoni, Steven W. Bailey.
Director(s): Adam Davidson.
Producer(s): Shonda Rhimes, Mark Gordon, Betsy Beers, Jim Parriott.
Writer(s): Mimi Schmir.

Original Airdate: November 6, 2005.

Grey's Anatomy
Old 11-06-05, 10:04 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 261 Likes on 197 Posts
Another solid episode.

Mr. Griswald's reaction to his wife surviving the fire had me
Old 11-06-05, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This show continues to find that warm spot of humanity for me.

Loved Mr. Griswold's reaction to his wife's heart catching on fire, and subsequently George and Burke's reaction to Mr. Griswold's reaction.

The subtle bit of hands missing one another for the Shepards in marriage counselling was eye-raising and produced a guffaw from me. And what the hell is Gordon Dean doing in Seattle? (Alias rim shot).

After hearing Alex talking about that first kiss to the girl with the bag, and then having Alex go for it with Izzie was a dynamite moment given just enough build-up for its payoff.

That pregnant man case was scary as hell in some respects. Izzie and Christina have no shame at all with all those ticket sales. Meredith tearing all of them a new orifice (while still in romantic shock) was great.
Old 11-06-05, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
Mr. Griswald's reaction to his wife surviving the fire had me
That was awesome.

Glad to see Alex back w/ his swagger - much more fun character when he has his mojo.
Old 11-06-05, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
all the scenes with alex and his patient were good. and i loved the end, how he delivered that "good night" line to izzy after the kiss.

kudos to Burke for manning up and doing what he felt was right. Even if Christina gets pissed about it, it really was the best thing.
Old 11-06-05, 11:40 PM

This show has consistantly been more entertaining, funny, and (for a soap) realistic than the Housewives. New season of Grey's: New season of DH: sad to say but It's just not getting any better, and for the most part has been either dull or completely ridiculous. I've seen Teri Hatcher cry on screen enough to last ten lifetimes. About all I really look forward to anymore is Gabby and Carlos and their funny arguments. Maybe it'll get better...next week looks pretty good.

But back to Grey's... I would've had a hard time not bursting out laughing at that man and his whole "why won't she die?!!!" rant. And his wife's heart going up in flames So wrong that I laughed at that part. Nice first kiss for the Izzie-Alex relationship, but I have a feeling they'll be breaking up and making up a lot in the future. Same with Meredith and McDreamy. And probably Christina and Burke too. Luckily the show has kept me interested enough to accept a few cliched romantic subplots.

Last edited by gnradd21; 11-06-05 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-07-05, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Who played Mr. & Mrs. Griswold? They both looked familiar to me, but I could not place them.

Nice use of the Annie song in the middle of the ep. My husband put that song on a mix he made for me eons ago, but I guess it now it has been released stateside.
Old 11-07-05, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,102 Likes on 798 Posts
Reni Santoni played Mr Griswold. He's been in lots of movies and TV shows, but I recognize him as Poppy (the couch-wetting, no hand washing, pro-life chef) from Seinfeld, and as NBC executive John Agolia from The Late Shift.
Old 11-07-05, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,823 Likes on 1,133 Posts
good ep. The usual corniness, relationship tension, and crazy patients.
Old 11-07-05, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Loved it. I'm ready for them to abandon the mirroring plotlines of patients and Merideth's relationship woes. It was cute the first time, now it it redundant.

Glad to see them add another layer to Alex's character. He seems less one-dimensional now. Which makes the bad-boy & hot chick relationship more palatable and less cliched.
Old 11-07-05, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
why would the heart burst into flames? I was thinking maybe she had a high BAC or something? maybe she was making her coffee irish.
Old 11-07-05, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

My wife said it was the leeds that would have caught on fire(not actually her heart), and probably pretty realistic.
Old 11-07-05, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i thought it was the surgical drapes that caught fire. anything catching fire in the OR is bad news -- burnt patient, explosive anesthetics, oxygen rich environment.
Old 11-07-05, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am definitely enjoying this season of Grey's more than Desperate Housewives. Kudos to the writers and actors on Grey's. I hope season one comes out on DVD soon because I did not watch the complete season one when it aired.
Old 11-07-05, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
It was funny trying to watch George make a friend out of Dr. Burke and fail twice.
Poor George, I wish they'd give him a guy friend or two.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.