Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Grey's Anatomy (ABC) -- Series Discussion Thread [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-05, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Burke's immediate change in demeanor as soon as George brought up Christina was hilarious. Laughing like friends, then back to boss-underling relationship. But the "You're still my guy, O'Malley" was a nice touch.
Old 11-07-05, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Originally Posted by nightwing82
I am definitely enjoying this season of Grey's more than Desperate Housewives. Kudos to the writers and actors on Grey's. I hope season one comes out on DVD soon because I did not watch the complete season one when it aired.
Feb. 14th.
Old 11-07-05, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
George is a great character. He just exudes insecurity, awkwardness and then the lust for Meredith. So great.

Love this show!
Old 11-07-05, 08:45 PM
Banned

My VCR was on the wrong speed and only recorded half the episode.

Although when you have the opening sequence with Derek saying Mrs. McDreamy needs to move to Seattle, and then you get Kate Walsh in the opening credits, I guess that pretty much settles it then.
Old 11-07-05, 10:44 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Good ep, but they are making Meredith's character a little too self indulgent for my taste. Too much mopy, whiny, poor me, attitude. And George needs to get laid...they should hook him up, he works his ass off to get no respect. Although he is Burke's boy now!

Cant stand hooking up Alex and Izzie, but it was a hell of a finish and a great line by Alex. "Good night."
Old 11-07-05, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bludvls33
Good ep, but they are making Meredith's character a little too self indulgent for my taste. Too much mopy, whiny, poor me, attitude.
I think it is funny that over at the TWOP boards they call her character Meh instead of Meredith.
Old 11-13-05, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 196 Likes on 161 Posts
Grey's Anatomy - 11/13/05

"Let It Be"

Spoiler:
Derek and Addison's close friends come to Seattle Grace seeking radical surgery to avoid breast and ovarian cancer.

Cast: Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, James Pickens Jr., TR Knight, Sandra Oh, Katherine Heigl, Chandra Wilson, Isaiah Washington, Justin Chambers, Kate Walsh, Shelley Berman, Joseph Lyle Taylor, Arija Bareikis, Geoffrey Rivas, Janet Rotblatt, Brittany Ishibashi.
Director(s): Lesli Glatter.
Producer(s): Shonda Rhimes, Mark Gordon, Betsy Beers, Jim Parriott.
Writer(s): Mimi Schmir.

Original Airdate: November 13, 2005.

Grey's Anatomy
Old 11-13-05, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You just knew something would happen to spice up Burke and Christina's date.
Old 11-13-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
While not one of the best episodes of the show, it still brings the poignant, and thoughtfulness of choices that people make with medicine and how it impacts their quality of life.

I knew what was up with Bailey as the chief continued to badger her about her choice for a fellowship after receiving a handful of offers from other hospitals. It should be interesting to see how Bailey handles her situation in the coming year.

George seems to always want to find out the backstory of his patients and heal them in ways otherwise than just via medicine or surgery. How he can with his schedule must mean he's a master of time management in spite of his normally dishelveled appearances.

Burke and Christina's date brought to light how much they don't know about one another, but it also illuminated how much they have in common as well.

Alex and Izzie coming to confront each other's reaction to Addison's friend's choice to be super-proactive in eradicating cancer by undergoing removal of her breasts, ovaries, and uterus, was useful in undercovering Izzie's insecurities about her feminine identity, but Alex finds a way to show her that he's not just about body parts.

Meredith's simple 3 word proclamation of her state of mind and heart in the elevator at the end of the episode was just heartbreaking because you can just eat up the chemistry that exists between her and Shepard, but he's committed to try to patch up his marriage, while not really committed to Addison as a person he wants to share quality time with for now.

Last edited by Patman; 11-13-05 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-13-05, 10:41 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 270 Likes on 205 Posts
I did like Burke and Christina's dinner.

Poor Merideth
Old 11-13-05, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That elevator scene at the end was executed perfectly.
Old 11-14-05, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is anyone else finding themselves liking Addison more and more, and at the same time finding Meredith increasingly annoying?
Old 11-14-05, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

^ Not really. As a character she is decent. But as the wife of McDreamy, no. They have absolutely no chemistry what-so-ever.

Originally Posted by B.A.
That elevator scene at the end was executed perfectly.
And so wrong on Derrick's part. Cruel.

IMO, this was the worst episode of the entire run of the show. Not awful, but every other one has been so spectacular that this one just seemed mediocre. They were riding a winning streak and came up with a loss on this one.
Old 11-14-05, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
And so wrong on Derrick's part. Cruel.
I would say the exact opposite. It was wrong of her to say what she did, gievn that he's made it clear he's trying to make his marriage work.
Old 11-14-05, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not a good episode at all. This goes back to the first season when it could easily have been on Lifetime. The show clearly had a target audience in its first season. There is nothing wrong with that except ... I was not that audience.
Old 11-14-05, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Of course, the over responsible part of me wants to know how much wine they consumed before they performed open heart surgery.

And while everyone thinks that Addison is a bitch for sleeping with his best friend.. (and she is!) I want to bring up the fact that he cheated also.
Not in the same sense... but he was still married when he began sleeping with Meredith. Please don't bash me for this thought.. but in my eyes, two wrongs don't make a right. If I recall correctly.. he basically took off for Seattle immediately after he found out that she cheated.. and he picked up Meredith the first night he was in town. Talk about rebound. He didn't even take a minute to absorb it all. Is this a man thing? Only women fall apart at the seams and men hop right back on?
Old 11-14-05, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

But was it a one time thing with Addison and the best friend or had it been going on for a while? Have they said? I think that makes a difference.

Either way it seems as far as he was concerned the marraige was over the moment it happened.
Old 11-14-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 625 Likes on 503 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
I did like Burke and Christina's dinner.

A bad aorta was just the icebreaker they needed.
Old 11-14-05, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

But was it a one time thing with Addison and the best friend or had it been going on for a while? Have they said? I think that makes a difference.

How so?

Either way it seems as far as he was concerned the marraige was over the moment it happened.
Ahhh.. but it's not over, is it?
Granted, he thought it was going to be a one night stand, but when it got to the point where that wasn't the case, he should have told her. Or broke it off with her.
Old 11-14-05, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
How so?
B/C if she cheated on him multiple times with his best friend, to the point of carrying on a second relationship then the marraige obviously wasn't working, and was dead to her until he walked out the door. Once a cheater always a cheater. If it was just a drunken one nighter, it might be easier to forgive and try to move on.

Personally, I'd be the same way. If I was cheated on, that is it. Doesn't matter if the legalities haven't been set in motion, the relationship is over as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-14-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
"I thought we were on a break!!!"
Old 11-14-05, 08:15 PM
Banned

Anyone hoping the blonde was the "best friend" when Addison hugged her for an extended period of time?
Old 11-14-05, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I used to think Arija Bareikis was attractive when she was on American Embassy, but she is aging horribly.
Old 11-14-05, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by B.A.
I used to think Arija Bareikis was attractive when she was on American Embassy, but she is aging horribly.
She was in this episode? I didn't recognize her. I actually liked that show when it was on, even though I think it only lasted like 2 or 3 episodes.
Old 11-15-05, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Is anyone else finding themselves liking Addison more and more, and at the same time finding Meredith increasingly annoying?
Of all the characters, I think Meredith is becoming the most annoying. This back and forth with Dr. McDreamy is so childish especially her hot/VERY cold and sometimes bitchy attitude whenver he is around. I am not condoning what Dr. McDreamy but Meredith needs to build and bridge, cry herself a river and GET OVER IT!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.