Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Grey's Anatomy (ABC) -- Series Discussion Thread [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-05, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Ellen Pompeo has a high likeabilty factor that shined through in this second episode.

Agree. I like her character. I like her look.

Solid second episode I felt. I'll be back next week.
Old 04-04-05, 11:46 AM
wiz
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well it won't be showing next week (there's a Sunday movie on ABC instead). And if Boston Legal is coming back on the 24th, what day are they going to put this show on?

Personally I like the show, and my fiancee was excited when she saw it on the lineup last night because she forgot it was coming on. That's always a good thing!
Old 04-04-05, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by wiz
Well it won't be showing next week (there's a Sunday movie on ABC instead). And if Boston Legal is coming back on the 24th, what day are they going to put this show on?

Personally I like the show, and my fiancee was excited when she saw it on the lineup last night because she forgot it was coming on. That's always a good thing!

How many episodes of Blind Justice are there supposed to be. They've aired 4 so far. It might go there.
Old 04-04-05, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk God

I definitely like this show, but I am concerned what its success might mean for Boston Legal, which is absolute must-see-tv for me. It posted an 11.4 rating (improving on last week's 10.0) last night which is significantly better than BL was doing.
Old 04-05-05, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm still withholding judgement
Old 04-05-05, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk God

I definitely like this show, but I am concerned what its success might mean for Boston Legal, which is absolute must-see-tv for me. It posted an 11.4 rating (improving on last week's 10.0) last night which is significantly better than BL was doing.

from tvguide online....
GREY AREA: It looks like ABC's got another smash on its hands. In its second outing Sunday night, new medical drama Grey's Anatomy attracted more than 18 million viewers — the network's best showing in that time period in years. That could be bad news for Boston Legal, which was slated to reclaim Grey's's plum 10 pm time slot beginning April 24. One scenario has ABC moving Legal to another night — Tuesdays or Wednesdays at 10 pm, perhaps? — for the remainder of the season. Stay tuned!

My guess is that BL is moved to Tuesdays since Blind Justice's viewership has steadily dropped each week: 12.3M to 10.4M to 9.5M to 7.9M.

Last edited by Red Dog; 04-05-05 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-05-05, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
My guess is that BL is moved to Tuesdays since Blind Justice's viewership has steadily dropped each week: 12.3M to 10.4M to 9.5M to 7.9M.
I was thinking the same thing as I was reading your earlier post. It wouldn't really be a great loss - other than not being able to see Marisol Nichols in HD every week.
Old 04-05-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by B.A.
I was thinking the same thing as I was reading your earlier post. It wouldn't really be a great loss - other than not being able to see Marisol Nichols in HD every week.

Blind is actually decent. The biggest problem I have with it is not enough Rena Sofer. Because of that, I wouldn't really miss it.

The way I see things - there are 4 ABC shows fighting for 3 slots next year: GA, BL, Blind Justice, and Eyes. One is going to be left out. Given that GA has started out so strongly, that basically leaves 2 seats left, and if the Eyes' pilot is representative of the series, then I hope Eyes and BL get those seats.
Old 04-05-05, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Get rid of those Nanny shows or makeover shows! Plenty of slots for good scripted shows!
Old 04-05-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Patman
Get rid of those Nanny shows or makeover shows! Plenty of slots for good scripted shows!

It might help if some people stopped watching The Bachelor(ette).
Old 04-05-05, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like this show, but I like Boston Legal more. I hope both return. I've recorded Eyes, and expect to like it as well. Blind Justice, on the other hand, is horrid. I couldn't take any more after two eps.

I don't know why there is so much sandra oh bashing - she's funny. I love her sarcastic sense of humor. I also really like how she plays off of the naive characters - and I LOVE Patrick Dempsey, so this show is a keeper in my book. I do care about the characters, and even the mean residents are growing on me. I like when the arrogance is tempered by moments of doubt/caring/etc. Here's hoping all three shows stay on the air (along with Alias, which I still enjoy - no fear for my two new faves, Lost and Desperate Housewives).
Old 04-05-05, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked the show ... but the "Lifetime Channel" factor was a little too much for my tastes.

The only male patient to stay alive had his penis cut off

(ok maybe there was one that survived)
Old 04-05-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
I actually believe that the bachelor/ette show has been dropping a lot of viewers. I would not be surprised if they dropped the show because they have had many hits to moderate hits recently. Also remember that ABC is still negotiating the MNF contract with most people saying that ESPN will get the contract. With Raymond gone this season, I can easily see ABC going all drama on Mondays if they lose MNF.
Old 04-05-05, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by chowderhead
I actually believe that the bachelor/ette show has been dropping a lot of viewers.

I know it has. I was referring to one specific viewer hence the .

Theoretically, in my 4-in-3 slot analysis, there is another possibility. They simply hold one of those shows back until January like they did with Alias this year. That would really depend on how comfortable they feel with the pilots they commissioned for 2005-06.
Old 04-05-05, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
But this current season is funny and catty as hell!
Old 04-05-05, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

another good episode, i like this much more than boston legal and i hope it stays at this spot. but i dont want boston legal cancelled cause i like the actors in it but never was big on lawyer shows
Old 04-06-05, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that I have given up on this after watching the second episode last night. I like Meredith, but no one else.
Old 04-06-05, 04:56 PM
Banned

What was the song at the end of the episode? It's a popular one on the radio a lot.
Old 04-06-05, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Legolas
What was the song at the end of the episode? It's a popular one on the radio a lot.
I haven't seen this since Sunday, but I believe the last song played was Keane's "Somewhere only we know". The music on this show is so trendy sometimes that I think I'm watching VH1.
Old 04-10-05, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Grey's Anatomy - 04/10/05

"Winning a Battle, Losing the War"

Spoiler:
Interns compete to treat the most severe injuries as the emergency room fills up with an assortment of patients from the annual bike messenger race.

Cast: Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, Sandra Oh, Isaiah Washington, Katherine Heigl, Justin Chambers, T.R. Knight, Chandra Wilson, James Pickens, Callum Blue, Keith David, Claire Lautier, Kathleen M. Darcy, Kelsey Kemper.
Director(s): Tony Goldwyn.
Producer(s): Shonda Rhimes, Mark Gordon, Betsy Beers, Jim Parriott.
Writer(s): Shonda Rhimes.

Original Airdate: April 10, 2005.
Old 04-10-05, 09:23 PM

I watched the first episode and the one after it. I am watching tonight's episode right now and I must say that there is no redeeming quality in this show. I tried to like it because I did like surgery as a medstudent and was even considering a residency in general surgery, but this show is pure tv drama, with no sense of realism whatsoever. These surgical interns seem to have a lot of time in their hands while they are in the hospital. I remember seeing my interns running around the hospital actually doing work.

What hospital does an intern have time sitting next to a brain dead patient talking to them? I realize that there has to be a "story" behind each episode, but the writing makes me want to gag.

I'm guessing this show won't last more than the 1st season.
Old 04-10-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Fooman
Guess again.

I thought their resident "Devil" was great this ep.

And how cool would it be to be an intern and be able to live in a house that would probably go for well over $750k right now?
Old 04-11-05, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The writers/actors/actresses take this show way too seriously. The characters are cliche, and the drama is over the top. This show would be much more enjoyable if I knew the writers were intentionally trying to be comedic when they put scenes like the doctor without interpersonal skills or the surgeon who wants to know more about the patient's story. Yeah. OK.
Old 04-11-05, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Fooman

You obviously haven't seen the ratings.
Old 04-11-05, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Once I see Kathy in her undies, scenes of which ABC makes a point of including in practically EVERY friggin' promo, i'm outta there.

Bring back Boston Legal.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.