Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 12/04/03

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-03, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by balancer
... and Jonny Fairplay wins by a huge margin with only a single vote going to Burton, strangely a merit badge is pinned to it.
Old 12-05-03, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder what the merit badge for "Naive" looks like.

das
Old 12-05-03, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn. My favorite survivor just got voted out.
Old 12-05-03, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 123 Posts
What kills me is most the women, basically GIVING it to the men at this point. I think Lil, Sandra and Christa all saying "Well, there's not much I can do about it"

Darrah is the only women playing smart. Keeps her mouth shut. No promises and flopping silently between sides, keeping her options open.
Old 12-05-03, 11:13 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Cusm

Everyone forgets that Sandra is the whole reason her tribe was dominating in the first half of the series. Her haggeling and spanish got her tribe more valuable items and a bunch of stuff that the other tribe would never have thought of getting (buying the entire contents of that family's BBQ, brilliant!!).
Shoot, you beat me to it. She totally set the tone for the early domination by her tribe with her ability to speak Spanish when they bought the goods. She's one of my favorites. The mischievous smile on her face when she looked into the camera after getting away with dumping the fish was priceless.

I certainly haven't found this season boring. If everyone played the game as smart as you all think they should, then it would be boring. We would have had Rupert's tribe go to the merge with a big advantage and then steadily pick off the other tribe. As it is they have twice blown the numerical advantage and it's still possible for someone from either of the original tribes to win. This Survivor has had the most popular survivor ever, Rupert, and the biggest villain ever, Jon. I love it! I like to dislike Jon. I'd be OK with him winning because he has played the game and not just sat back and laid under the radar.
Old 12-05-03, 11:19 AM

Originally posted by Chrisedge
What kills me is most the women, basically GIVING it to the men at this point. I think Lil, Sandra and Christa all saying "Well, there's not much I can do about it"
I know !IT's awful!!! Lill: " I like it when a man takes charge" at the reward challenge...I wanted to hit her! They just do whatever the men say.
Old 12-05-03, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jim
I like to dislike Jon. I'd be OK with him winning because he has played the game and not just sat back and laid under the radar.
Jon falls into an interesting category of player who we sit around hating for the first half of the show, patting ourselves on the back for recognizing early on as a jerk and a rotten player (like when he was drunk and making a fool of himself or fighting with Shawn and Burton). And then we start to wonder why no one is voting him out since surely they see him as the bunghole that we see him as. Then we start to realize that he's staying because in some weird way he's totally in control.

And then we love him. It happens almost every year.
Old 12-05-03, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by cdollaz
Lil, put some damn pants on!!!!
Amen !
Old 12-05-03, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 675 Likes on 546 Posts
Originally posted by Gil Jawetz
Jon falls into an interesting category of player who we sit around hating for the first half of the show, patting ourselves on the back for recognizing early on as a jerk and a rotten player (like when he was drunk and making a fool of himself or fighting with Shawn and Burton). And then we start to wonder why no one is voting him out since surely they see him as the bunghole that we see him as. Then we start to realize that he's staying because in some weird way he's totally in control.

And then we love him. It happens almost every year.

Old 12-05-03, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When I think about it more, as much as I hate to admit it, I think I'm starting to want Jon to win. As much as I want to break his little Fairplay fingers, I do. As mentioned, if everyone else is so stupid not to recognize what he's up to, then so be it. And he has Burton wrapped around his finger now?

The women had the chance to ban together and take over, but they let that chance slip so now, even though I'll still be kicking and screaming, he's playing the best - the best deserves to win.
Old 12-05-03, 12:21 PM

The women on this show are stupid. Period. They are weak and followers. Too afraid to do anything. Right now, the "safe" play is to go along with whatever Jon and Burton are doing. So they do.

However, they're too afraid to do the simplest thing and that is to get together and vote out Burton/Jon.

They're playing it thus... Keep majority by going with the guys and getting rid of the other pair of girls. Then, in theory, they would go with Burton/Jon to the end.

Unfortunately for them, the guys are looking out for themselves (funnily enough) and are telling each group that they're with them. They completely control the game. Everyone else is just too stupid to realize it.

It's quite astonishing.

Burton has played the game very well because not only has he been manipulative, but he's also looking better than Jon. That's the difference. Burton looks good, Jon looks like a rat.
Old 12-05-03, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by iggystar
When I think about it more, as much as I hate to admit it, I think I'm starting to want Jon to win. As much as I want to break his little Fairplay fingers, I do. As mentioned, if everyone else is so stupid not to recognize what he's up to, then so be it. And he has Burton wrapped around his finger now?

Jon needs Burton as much as Burton needs Jon - that is why they are allied.

Jon probably thinks that the only person he can beat is Burton because the jurors (except Lil), even though they detest Jon, will probably penalize Burton for getting a 2nd chance.

Burton probably thinks that the only person he can beat is Jon because the jurors will detest Jon so much, he'll win by default.
Old 12-05-03, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Red Dog
Jon needs Burton as much as Burton needs Jon - that is why they are allied.

Jon probably thinks that the only person he can beat is Burton because the jurors (except Lil), even though they detest Jon, will probably penalize Burton for getting a 2nd chance.

Burton probably thinks that the only person he can beat is Jon because the jurors will detest Jon so much, he'll win by default.
yeah, this is the real endgame: who is right? I'll be sad if we don't get to see this drama play out because I'm really curious. Sandra beats either of them, Darrah might beat either of them, Lill probably beats either of them. But Jon vs. Burton? Comes down to who sells himself better in the final TC.
Old 12-05-03, 01:02 PM

As much as I hate to admit it Jon is the best player and probably deserves to win, barring any missteps in the next two eps. I honestly would rather see him win than Lil, she makes my skin crawl. The women in this edition are just a sad bunch of dopes...they couldn't be any stupider.
Old 12-05-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Everyone forgets that Sandra is the whole reason her tribe was dominating in the first half of the series. Her haggeling and spanish got her tribe more valuable items and a bunch of stuff that the other tribe would never have thought of getting (buying the entire contents of that family's BBQ, brilliant!!).
"Whole reason"?!? Not even close. It was a smart move, but no more than anyone else would have done with the language advantage. Drake dominated because of Rupert and the ineptness of Morgan. Sandra sat out most challenges, and the one challenge she had the chance to win for her tribe (drinking the "smoothies") she lost to Darrah.
Old 12-05-03, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Yeah - Sandra had value for about the first 2 hours of the whole game. After that, she was not only annoying as hell, but dead weight.
Old 12-05-03, 01:40 PM
Suspended

Yeah - Sandra had value for about the first 2 hours of the whole game. After that, she was not only annoying as hell, but dead weight.
2/3 of the people are dead weight, and where is this annoying as hell part people keep yapping about? I haven't seen it.
Old 12-05-03, 01:49 PM

Originally posted by balancer
2/3 of the people are dead weight, and where is this annoying as hell part people keep yapping about? I haven't seen it.
I really think that this stems from the fact that she is a loud, Hispanic woman, who's not afraid to tell people off, and that always makes people deem them a bitch. Jon is way more annoying and Lill is way more of a bitch (albeit, an idiotic one) so I really don't understand where this comes from either, balancer.
Old 12-05-03, 01:52 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Vegas9203
I really think that this stems from the fact that she is a loud, Hispanic woman, who's not afraid to tell people off, and that always makes people deem them a bitch. Jon is way more annoying and Lill is way more of a bitch (albeit, an idiotic one) so I really don't understand where this comes from either, balancer.
I think they mistake the 'fiery latina' part of her personality for being a bitch. It's an aquired taste
Old 12-05-03, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts
Well, letting Christa take the fall for her screwup when Christa was supposed to be her pal was a total bitch move in my book.
Old 12-05-03, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked the "fiery" part or her personality back when I hated Jon. But there's a point in the game when I stop judging people by their personalities going in and start judging them by how they're playing. And other than being sneaky, I see no coherent strategy to her playing.
Old 12-05-03, 02:13 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Gil Jawetz
I liked the "fiery" part or her personality back when I hated Jon. But there's a point in the game when I stop judging people by their personalities going in and start judging them by how they're playing. And other than being sneaky, I see no coherent strategy to her playing.
Wait a sec, so back when it suited your needs of ripping Jon a new one, she was fine. Now that the Jonny Fairplay lovefest has begun, you don't like her anymore? Talk about incoherent.
Old 12-05-03, 02:14 PM

Originally posted by cdollaz
Well, letting Christa take the fall for her screwup when Christa was supposed to be her pal was a total bitch move in my book.
Whoa, dude...that was way more of a situation where she was put in a corner. What was she supposed to do? Say "I did it" That would have been suicidal, not to mention stupid. And if that's what constitutes everyone thinking she's a bitch, it asinine. Jon and Burton are the biggest bitches there...and Lil is the most idiotic bitch I've ever seen..

Last edited by Vegas9203; 12-05-03 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-05-03, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Vegas9203

It is one thing to be a bitch and yell at people. Don't yell at people though when you have done nothing to help except for being able to speak Spanish for the first 2 hours of the game.
Old 12-05-03, 02:27 PM
Suspended

It is one thing to be a bitch and yell at people. Don't yell at people though when you have done nothing to help except for being able to speak Spanish for the first 2 hours of the game.
again, what yelling are you talking about? Jon deserved it, though now everyone loves him. Who else did she yell at?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.