Survivor 12/04/03

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 12/04/03

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-03, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regardless, they should not have passed on the chance to oust Burton. Deal with the Christa situation later. You never know how things can change in a matter of days. Besides, why did Ti want Christa gone? Because of the fish incident, maybe? That was certainly part of it.
Now, about the fish "dumping"...
I see what you're saying here. I wanted Burton gone last week too, if only because he's already been voted out and had no business being there. If I were Sandra, I would have gone back to Tijuana with the new plan (to vote out Tijuana), securing a solid Sandra/Tijuana/Christa/Darrah Final 4 alliance in the meantime. Of course, who knows if this would have even worked. It may have backfired on Sandra and Christa if Tijuana confronted Jon (which I could see happening, considering she didn't need to consult him the first time).

About the fish, maybe she was just hiding it to share with Christa secretly. If that's too far-fetched, which it probably is considering they'd have to prepare and eat it when no one was around, maybe she just wanted Burton to prove his worth. Either way, I never said it was a good idea. I wouldn't have done it, but I can understand her anger at being blindsided. Either way, I wouldn't compare it or her to anything Osten ever did (or didn't do). Give the woman SOME credit.

Both Trish and Tijuana hung themselves. I think you give Sandra too much credit. Besides, in neither of those times was Sandra in immediate jeopardy of being voted out.
Tijuana and Trish hung themselves, but you can't tell me Sandra didn't provide the rope. Without Sandra's interference, Rupert would have been gone several episodes earlier and Trish might still be in the game. Tijuana wasn't even considering a Burton boot until Sandra brought the plan to her attention.

Actually I prefer all people to be this way, not just women. What I mean is I would prefer someone show their qualities (whether they be strength, leadership, compassion, intelligence, or whatever) by their actions rather than by their words only.
What are you doing offering your opinions on this website then? Shouldn't you be out showing your qualities to people?

Maybe not, but I certainly respect the players that can win challenges. In my mind, they are a little more deserving of the prize.
So just because Darrah won a few immunities, you'd be happy with her winning over someone who actively influenced the events of the game instead of sitting around waiting for people to come to them with orders?
Old 12-06-03, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,984 Likes on 2,035 Posts
Originally posted by Bigsierra
All I could think about was, wouldn't those fish be disease ridden after sitting out, while they were at tribal counsil anyway. Grosses me out just thinking about eating 4-10 hour old fish, that wasn't refigerated.
That occurred to me as well. It seemed pretty late at night, too. Were they saving them for the next day?

I'm surprised the contestants on these shows don't get food poisioning.
Old 12-06-03, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I posted, asking how long fish would last, over in Other area.

So far, it sounds like the fish would be good for about an hour. Eeek.

Here is the link
How long does salt water fish stay edible, unrefrigerated?

Last edited by Bigsierra; 12-12-03 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-06-03, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Shit, Im still goin for Jon. When he said his grandma wanted him to win survivor as a dying wish, I cracked up! Than i laughed even harder when he started laughing to the camera cause he knows hes crazy.

Chirst, Lil annoys the shit out of me cause shes SO stupid! She looks like an ole beat up dog dragging around.

Burton is alright, hes my next pick to win. And yes, Ive been saying for a long time that he looks like Eric Bana.

Everyone else is just there... Sandra is annoying and useless. D might be a winner cause she is getting those immunities now. Shes a huge threat. Im also glad to see christa go. Her voice was driving into my brain like nails.
Old 12-06-03, 02:01 PM

Darrah will keep winning immunities as long as they keep setting up these backwoodsy, shoot-em up type immunity challenges, which she seems to be really good at. She'll lose once it's a strength challenge. They've kind of been few and far between lately. Last one I can remember was the one with the weights that Savage won a while back. This is where I think it's silly they still have Burton around,and didn't give him the boot when they had the chance. You KNOW he'll win strength challenges and thus far the rest of them have been lucky there haven't really been any. At this point, I am just really happy if Lill doesn't win, I detest her and I really think she has absolutely no business being there.
Old 12-06-03, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Ravenous
Everyone else is just there... Sandra is annoying and useless. D might be a winner cause she is getting those immunities now. Shes a huge threat. Im also glad to see christa go. Her voice was driving into my brain like nails.
After Christa got her fourth vote, I expected her to yell out, "Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!" But like Jan Brady, I still think she's hot.

I can't stand Jon, but I don't remember a season that I looked forward to the reunion so much. Even better is if he would slip up and get discovered during the final vote, but we couldn't possibly be that lucky.
Old 12-06-03, 06:04 PM

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally posted by RandyC
Unless the females band together. And that may come down to Lil. She again might be the swing vote. If she can be pursuaded to vote with John and Burton next week, I think the run to the finish is decided. They pick off Sandra and Darrah.

If Lil goes with the women, then it will come down to the final three being Sandra, Lil, and Darrah... and frankly none of them deserve to win or would be considered a lock. Again, it would be smart for Sandra or Darrah to try to go to the final two with Lil.
This would be great, if the women band together, but can I see a show of hands of people who KNOW that Lil will blow it by talking to Burton or Jon? Lil is probably the most snowed by Jon's act of anyone, and I'm just positive she'd say something, the guys would talk to her, and it'd be over. I think the previews are a tease that I would love to see, but just don't believe...
Old 12-06-03, 06:10 PM

Originally posted by Struz
I've watched every episode of every Survivor since day one.

Jon is the perfect person to take to the finals for anyone. He's a scumbag and everyone knows it. You don't want to go against someone like Lil because she is liked among most or all of the Survivors. The jury rarely votes on who deserves it more or who played the game the best. (Vecepia, Tina, Jenna)

Most jurors dislike the final 2 because they have outlasted them and lied to them along the way. But of the 2 finalists, one is usually hated while the other just not liked, a big difference. Sometime a juror picks a winner by asking them to pick a number between 1 and 100, sometimes they ask them a totally unrelated question to Survivor and base their vote on just that answer.

There's going to be more women on this jury than men. Most of the time the women jurors vote for the women finalist if it's between a man and a woman, just because she's a women....
I love people saying "I've watched every Survivor episode since day one". Like no one else here has done the same. Like that helps. But, hey, just for fun: so have I!

I COMPLETELY disagree that "the jury rarely votes on who plays the game the best", I think that very issue helped Brian win the last one, that's CLEARLY why Richard Hatch won the first one, and in this case, not only did Jon play "better" (he'll point out that Burton already was voted out, etc), but some of the players (Lil and I think Darrah) still like him, at least a little. They don't know what we know, remember. Besides, I look back on people like Jenna and Tina and I think they played a card Jon could also play: I'm physically weak and this was really hard for me and I didn't win many challenges, but hey, I'm still here! Makes me want to barf, but I think he'll play that card.

OK, now I have to go back and check the survivor website and see if people vote along gender lines, this sounds like the kind of thing that people think, but turns out to not be true...
Old 12-06-03, 06:11 PM

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
I'm surprised the contestants on these shows don't get food poisioning.
I think they've mentioned on various previous seasons that people are sick at challenges, not as strong as they could be, etc, because they were throwing up, sick from "something"... what about the redhead from Amazon, I always wondered if she didn't have food poisoning...
Old 12-06-03, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by Roto
I can't stand Jon, but I don't remember a season that I looked forward to the reunion so much. Even better is if he would slip up and get discovered during the final vote, but we couldn't possibly be that lucky.
Man oh man oh man, I totally agree!! The whole time I was watching this episode, I kept imagining Sandra's justified "I TOLD you guys so!!" at that final reunion! Ohhhh, she must be soooo mad! I hope she comes out on stage and thumps him upside the noggin.
Old 12-06-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think it'd be funny if Darrah runs the table, a la Kelly Wigglesworth, and winds up in the final 2. Watching the rest of the gang cannibalize each other would be fun to watch.