Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor 12/04/03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 12/04/03

Old 12-05-03, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still, she didn't cry about it when she got voted off like so many others, so that's always a plus
She had not figure out what had happened yet hehe
Old 12-05-03, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh well, last reason to watch the show is gone. oh well.
Old 12-05-03, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Kinda of a blah episode.

I think the real plan for John is not to go to the final two with Burton. And the real plan for Burton is not to go to the final two with John. Too much is made of popularity with the jury, but history has shown us that "playing the game better" can be the deciding factor.

And when it comes down to it for these last folks, Burton and John are both playing the game better than the other three. Burton has that one strike, he as an Outcast. John is obnoxious. But I would submit if I was Burton, I would not take the chance with John. And likewise for John.

The perfect person for either of them, is Lil. She was an Outcast. She is the worst at playing the game. She is the worst at being in Survivor. There is no way a sane jury would select her.

So... get to the final three. Burton, John, and Lil. And hope you can somehow win immunity and then vote off the remaining male.

Unless the females band together. And that may come down to Lil. She again might be the swing vote. If she can be pursuaded to vote with John and Burton next week, I think the run to the finish is decided. They pick off Sandra and Darrah.

If Lil goes with the women, then it will come down to the final three being Sandra, Lil, and Darrah... and frankly none of them deserve to win or would be considered a lock. Again, it would be smart for Sandra or Darrah to try to go to the final two with Lil.
Old 12-05-03, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty boring episode, with no one really left to root for. The only reason I will keep watching is for completeness sake...
Old 12-05-03, 04:52 AM

I have to tell you...I hated Jon early in the season, but now I'm rooting for him. If the rest of the tribe is that stupid, Jon deserves to win. Too bad Jon's not in the celeb edition coming up...I'd love to see him match wits with Richard Hatch.
Old 12-05-03, 06:26 AM

Originally posted by SunMonkey
Yeah. That's where I'm at with the show. It really has come down to who I want to win the least now. And Jon is by far leading in that category.
That's pretty much the truth...these people are all really annoying. I like Sandra, but she's pretty bad at the immunity challenges. i just want jon to not win. You know that Burton will use the "jon is a snake" bit and jon will use the "burton is an outcast" bit if they get to final 2 which right now seems to be very possible...since Lill is too damn stupid to go against them. She talks about how Jon is condescending to her and then she still does what he says....At this point, I want Sandra or Darrah to win. Burton is an outcast, Lill, besides being a complete annoying ass, is also an outcast and Jon I just hate!
Old 12-05-03, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
Pretty boring episode, with no one really left to root for. The only reason I will keep watching is for completeness sake...
I may record it and FF-watch it. If I take out the commercials and the annoying parts, I'm sure it is <20 minutes.
Old 12-05-03, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by RandyC
Kinda of a blah episode.

I think the real plan for John is not to go to the final two with Burton. And the real plan for Burton is not to go to the final two with John. Too much is made of popularity with the jury, but history has shown us that "playing the game better" can be the deciding factor.

And when it comes down to it for these last folks, Burton and John are both playing the game better than the other three. Burton has that one strike, he as an Outcast. John is obnoxious. But I would submit if I was Burton, I would not take the chance with John. And likewise for John.

The perfect person for either of them, is Lil. She was an Outcast. She is the worst at playing the game. She is the worst at being in Survivor. There is no way a sane jury would select her.

So... get to the final three. Burton, John, and Lil. And hope you can somehow win immunity and then vote off the remaining male.

Unless the females band together. And that may come down to Lil. She again might be the swing vote. If she can be pursuaded to vote with John and Burton next week, I think the run to the finish is decided. They pick off Sandra and Darrah.

If Lil goes with the women, then it will come down to the final three being Sandra, Lil, and Darrah... and frankly none of them deserve to win or would be considered a lock. Again, it would be smart for Sandra or Darrah to try to go to the final two with Lil.
Randy,

I've watched every episode of every Survivor since day one.

Jon is the perfect person to take to the finals for anyone. He's a scumbag and everyone knows it. You don't want to go against someone like Lil because she is liked among most or all of the Survivors. The jury rarely votes on who deserves it more or who played the game the best. (Vecepia, Tina, Jenna)

Most jurors dislike the final 2 because they have outlasted them and lied to them along the way. But of the 2 finalists, one is usually hated while the other just not liked, a big difference. Sometime a juror picks a winner by asking them to pick a number between 1 and 100, sometimes they ask them a totally unrelated question to Survivor and base their vote on just that answer.

There's going to be more women on this jury than men. Most of the time the women jurors vote for the women finalist if it's between a man and a woman, just because she's a women.

It's getting tougher to watch this Survivor because of Jon and Lil. They are 2 of the most annoying and ugliest people I've ever seen.

How stupid is Sandra, Christa & Darrah ?
Sanda & Christa should have voted out TJ instead of Burton last week. This week Darrah votes out Christa instead of Burton.
What are they thinking ? Does Darrah think she's going to keep winning immunity until the end ? As soon as she looses, she's gone. They had 2 chances to get rid of Burton and they blew both of them. They still have a 3-2 majority over Burton & Jon. Next week is their last chance to vote out Burton or Jon (if Burton wins immunity).

I'm rooting for Darrah now then Sandra.
I don't want Jon to win or one of the outcasts (burton or Lil).
Old 12-05-03, 07:59 AM

I can't decide if the jury with go with Jon vs. Burton...Jon is scummy, they will all hate him, but Burton is an Outcast...that's why it's silly for the two of them to go against each other at the end. Burton will win if Lill goes with him to the final 2...I don't think everyone loves her as much as she thinks. I really really can't stand her. Seems like she's not playing with a full deck...and who the hell would let their sons near that mess???!!!!
Old 12-05-03, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Spooky
I have to tell you...I hated Jon early in the season, but now I'm rooting for him. If the rest of the tribe is that stupid, Jon deserves to win. Too bad Jon's not in the celeb edition coming up...I'd love to see him match wits with Richard Hatch.
I love the kid. Possibly my all-time favorite. But, could you imagine him the celeb edition after everyone knew about his lie? He would probably be voted out first--especially if he wins or finishes second in the current season.

I am really looking forward to the final show with the reunion. Jon may need a bodyguard--especially if he's in the final two.

Lil will not win.
Old 12-05-03, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Kromax
I love the kid. Possibly my all-time favorite. But, could you imagine him the celeb edition after everyone knew about his lie? He would probably be voted out first--especially if he wins or finishes second in the current season.
aren't they filming the all-star survivor right now? if so, they wouldn't know.
Old 12-05-03, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I can't say who I want to win at this point. Darrah and Sandra leave me emotionless. Burton is hot, but somehow the way he is playing really bothers me (maybe because he shouldn't be there). Plus, he seems to be riding on Jon's strategy. Lil......that woman grates my nerves beyond belief. That sourpuss frown makes me want to smack her. Her little temper tantrum at the reward.....Please, I can't stand her.

Jon, I don't know...he's really unredeemable, total scum. But if I was on the jury I would have to choose him...he is playing the heck out of this game. He is outwitting, outsmarting, outplaying everyone. I would love him against Richard, another person I despised, but he played the game well.

Girls, what possessed you not to vote Burton off last week?!
Old 12-05-03, 08:16 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

well Jonny fairplay is at it again,
"the last thing my gramndmother wanted me to do was to win Survivor" what a genius

WOOO!
Old 12-05-03, 08:21 AM

I don't thin k it's so much that he's a genious..it's that those people are so stupid!
Old 12-05-03, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I said Darrah is a tree stump because she hardly ever says anything, which is probably a good thing. Her statement tonight about Jon "he lies but he's telling the truth" had us rolling.

We were also not surprised she won at the shooting musket. Methinks her pa probably had a shooting car in the backyard.
Old 12-05-03, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Lil, put some damn pants on!!!!
Old 12-05-03, 09:01 AM

Originally posted by Jadzia
We were also not surprised she won at the shooting musket. Methinks her pa probably had a shooting car in the backyard.
That's exactly what we thought...we figured she had some gunshot training in the bayou...
Originally posted by cdollaz
Lil, put some damn pants on!!!!
UGh, that was making me dry-heave....

Last edited by Vegas9203; 12-05-03 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-05-03, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Jon is not a Survivor genius like Hatch, Brian and Rob from last year but he is a damn sight smarter than his competition. However, if last year proved anything, you can be the best player and still not make the final 2. I have no idea who'll win but Sandra is a pain in the butt and Lill is a waste of space. I'm warming to Darrah, especially since her strategy is to just sit 'thurr' and nod her head while everyone else tells her what the big strategy should be. And Burton is proving to be quite a bit less an independent thinker than I thought he was. I think Fairplay is going to go with Burton as far as he can and then in the final 2 really drill the point that Burton doesn't deserve to be there because they already voted him off once and it's not fair to the others that he have a shot. And I predict that Burton will be super caught off guard by this play. It would be a really smart move.
Old 12-05-03, 09:52 AM
Suspended

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gil Jawetz
I think Fairplay is going to go with Burton as far as he can and then in the final 2 really drill the point that Burton doesn't deserve to be there because they already voted him off once and it's not fair to the others that he have a shot.

My thoughts exactly. I can already see some of the current Jury voting for Jon to win over Burton for this reason. Then all Jon has to do is evoke the name of his dead grandma to seal the deal. If it goes down like this, I won't be able to watch.
Old 12-05-03, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Quoth Corky Roxbury <HR SIZE=1>well Jonny fairplay is at it again,
"the last thing my gramndmother wanted me to do was to win Survivor" what a genius
<HR SIZE=1>

That was pretty brilliant. Using his "anger" over being "forced" to swear on his dead grandmother when her last wish was for him to win the game as an excuse to in turn break that vow ...

das
Old 12-05-03, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
This sums it up for me too.

How can 6(I will include TJ) people be so stupid? They all know what a snake Jon is, yet they think he is honest with them. All of these people deserve to loose. I hate Jon, always have, but damn if he tells you he lies, you see him lie, and then you put your full trust in him, you get what you deserve.
Could Burton be more of a puss? I have to wait to talk to Jon, why he is your master? Way to play the game, let one of the people that was amongthe weakest 4 weeks (6 days) ago turn into the strongest one running the whole island.

Everyone forgets that Sandra is the whole reason her tribe was dominating in the first half of the series. Her haggeling and spanish got her tribe more valuable items and a bunch of stuff that the other tribe would never have thought of getting (buying the entire contents of that family's BBQ, brilliant!!).

I have a feeling that Jon's little secret will be revealed before the final 2 getting him kicked out and a surprise contestant into the final 2. It had better not be Burton and/or Lil, neither of these loosers should be on this show currently. How about at the final 2 the jury gets to vote back in one of their own and vote out one of the final 2.
Old 12-05-03, 09:56 AM

Originally posted by Cusm

I have a feeling that Jon's little secret will be revealed before the final 2 getting him kicked out and a surprise contestant into the final 2. It had better not be Burton and/or Lil, neither of these loosers should be on this show currently. How about at the final 2 the jury gets to vote back in one of their own and vote out one of the final 2.
This will happen if there is a god in heaven!!! Please let him slip!!!
Old 12-05-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Quoth balancer <HR SIZE=1>My thoughts exactly. I can already see some of the current Jury voting for Jon to win over Burton for this reason. Then all Jon has to do is evoke the name of his dead grandma to seal the deal. If it goes down like this, I won't be able to watch. <HR SIZE=1>

I see one of these:

"I know I wasn't always the most likeable guy for the beginning of this game. I was treating it like a game and having fun being wild, and let's face it ... I was a jerk a lot of the time. But when I heard about my Grandmother passing away, I had a chance to think about what's really important in life and was ashamed of myself for the way I had been acting, and I've tried very hard to be a better person these past days. You guys were my family when I really needed one, despite the way I acted sometimes, and that means everything to me. I love you guys. WOOOOOOO!"

das
Old 12-05-03, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by das Monkey
I see one of these:

"WOOOOOOO!"

das
Woooo indeed. But also "You guys shouldn't forget: Burton already LOST this game! You sent him packing weeks ago and then he got another chance, something that NONE of you guys, who played the game a HELL of a lot better than he did, got. If you think that he deserves to be here instead of you when he didn't even earn the right to be at the merge, let alone in the final four, then I just don't know."
Old 12-05-03, 10:07 AM
Suspended

... and Jonny Fairplay wins by a huge margin with only a single vote going to Burton, strangely a merit badge is pinned to it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.