TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sex and the City

Old 02-10-02, 09:01 PM

Sex and the City

I thought this was a great finale, very touching. One thing is for sure, they are never going to let ANY relationship succeed on that show.

Now it's going to be too long of a wait for season 4 to start and no sight of Season 3 on dvd yet What's a gal to do??
Old 02-10-02, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

so what happened? i was watching alias.
Old 02-10-02, 10:22 PM

SPOILERS!

Don't read if you don't want to know

Sam was ultimately paranoid that Richard was cheating on her and caught him in bed with another woman. That's the end of them.

Charlotte tried dating again after seeing Trey and his mother in her museum but it ultimately failed after he saw her apartment and how rich she was. They basically just talked about their failed marriages over dinner.

Miranda had her baby and both Steve and Carrie were in the delivery room. The baby's name will be Brady.

Carrie and Big share a romantic evening before he leaves NY for his new wine vineyard in Napa, CA. She contemplates sleeping with him before he leaves but is interrupted by Miranda's pregnancy and the sex does not happen. She returns to his apartment but he is gone, leaving her with a Mancini album and a ticket to come visit him at any time.
Old 02-11-02, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I love this show.

das
Old 02-11-02, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Sex and the City

Originally posted by mots2
Now it's going to be too long of a wait for season 4 to start and no sight of Season 3 on dvd yet What's a gal to do??
You don't have that long to wait for season 4...you just watched it! I think you mean you're waiting for season 5 .

This last episode went way too quick...they severed ties on storylines way too fast. Bring back Aidan!
Old 02-11-02, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Re: Sex and the City

Originally posted by AgtFox
You don't have that long to wait for season 4...you just watched it! I think you mean you're waiting for season 5 .

This last episode went way too quick...they severed ties on storylines way too fast. Bring back Aidan!
You mean, we just watched Season 5! It was a bonus season. HBO will shortly be releasing information on 9 new BONUS SEASONS later this year. Each season will be 2 episodes long. You heard it here first. By the end of the year, we'll be anxiously awaiting Season 15.

das
Old 02-11-02, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Re: Re: Sex and the City

Originally posted by das Monkey
You mean, we just watched Season 5! It was a bonus season. HBO will shortly be releasing information on 9 new BONUS SEASONS later this year. Each season will be 2 episodes long. You heard it here first. By the end of the year, we'll be anxiously awaiting Season 15.
Hehehe...you're funny . There won't be another "bonus season" until the writers/actors possibly are ready to go on strike again.

If they did that to the Sopranos I think the pitchforks would be headed to HBO .
Old 02-11-02, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This was over at darkhorizons.com

Sex and the City: The Movie: Actress Kristin Davis told Aussie NW Magazine about the future fate of the show: "We'll do two more years and then a movie".

What do you all think about a movie featuring Carrie and the gang? As much as I love the show I wonder how well it can be presented as a movie.
Old 02-11-02, 03:42 PM

Wow a movie ??? That's two long hours of sex and sex talk
Old 02-12-02, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What more could be accomplished in a movie? It's not like we want to see the four women jet off somewhere other than NYC. And I have serious doubts that the MPAA would allow even the small snippets of sexuality that we see in the television series on a weekly basis.

I don't think a movie version would work. But then, I, for one, would definitely pay my $9.50 to see if it did.
Old 02-12-02, 04:52 PM

Originally posted by grunter
What more could be accomplished in a movie? It's not like we want to see the four women jet off somewhere other than NYC. And I have serious doubts that the MPAA would allow even the small snippets of sexuality that we see in the television series on a weekly basis.

I don't think a movie version would work. But then, I, for one, would definitely pay my $9.50 to see if it did.

I agree but maybe they meant a "movie" for the HBO channel, who knows..
Old 02-12-02, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You won't have to wait long. Now that the "bonus" part of season four has aired, we can go back to the regualr anual schedule. Season 5 starts in June.

Now the Sopranos, on the other hand, that's a long wait.......
Old 02-13-02, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by grunter

That's pretty much how I feel. There really isn't much more to be gained by doing a movie, other than maybe trying to expose the show to a newer audience. I guess the major issue that I see is how they would go about introducing the cast to those who haven't seen the show. I don't think they would cater it just to those who have been around since the start.