Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Malcolm in the Middle on FOX -- Series Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-05, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdmovie1
Was it just me, or did they promote the hell out of this as being an animated episode?
They never once promoted that it would be an animated episode. Perhaps you just read way too much into the animated promos.
Old 05-03-05, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Slayer2005
Until last night it had been months since I've last seen Malcolm in the Middle.

Very funny episode. Loved the stilts fight. Man, those things look scary to use. Wish they'd start putting out the other seasons on DVD so I can catch up on the show.
The show is sydicated now. You can catch older episodes in the daytime, or maybe on FX.
Old 05-14-06, 08:36 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Malcolm in the Middle - Series Finale - "Graduation" - 5/14/06

I'll be sad to see Malcolm go. A consistently decent show for its entire run. There was never really any ongoing plot, Reece seemed to be a senior for about 5 years in a row, Frances hasn't been around much at all lately, each show ended basically the same way...but I've still enjoyed it quite a bit.

This is on at 8:30 ET tonight, right after the Simpsons.
Old 05-14-06, 09:01 AM
Suspended pending providing a working email address

you mean The War at Home, that wonderful, richly written, clever, brilliant, wonderfully entertaining show won't be on?
Old 05-14-06, 11:06 AM

Thanks for reminding me, I have not watched malcolm in awhile, but I don't want to miss the finale i always thought this was a great show. It is ashame Fox gave it the dread Sunday timeslot a few years ago, but at least they are doing the right thing with the finale time.
Old 05-14-06, 11:59 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
It's a shame that Bryan Cranston never won an Emmy for his work on this show.
Old 05-14-06, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MrX
Agreed, he was exceptional in the role. I haven't been consistently watching the show over the last 2 years, but will catch the finale.
Old 05-14-06, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I like the show and it makes me laugh but I just can't get in to it on a weekly basis.
Old 05-14-06, 01:17 PM

always liked this show
Old 05-14-06, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When Malcolm was in it's prime, it was one of my fave shows on TV. Bryan Cranston is always incredible as Hal. Over the last few years it fell off my radar, mostly since it's moved around timeslots etc. I'll be watching tonight for sure though.

MATT

here's hoping they can get the DVD sets back on track.
Old 05-14-06, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Jadow
you mean The War at Home, that wonderful, richly written, clever, brilliant, wonderfully entertaining show won't be on?
Yeah, huh.

Originally Posted by MrX
Yeah, huh. He's one of the best things about this show. Has he even been nominated?

Nice to see them put the show back in one of its original slots for the end...
Old 05-14-06, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like many others, I was a big fan of this for the first couple of years it was on, but after a couple of timeslot changes, I just stopped watching it. I picked it up again last year, and it was one of the best seasons it ever had. Since it was on so long and moved so many times, people just assumed that it wasn't a good show anymore without watching it. Those who did find the time to watch it realized that it was as good as it ever was, if not better. Last season, Hal and Dewey consistently had better storylines than any of the other characters had for the whole run of the series.
I have to say though, I hated when Lois' mother showed up. She was death for that show (I've never been a Cloris Leachman fan).

Sad to see such a great show go with such little fanfare. And there is no doubt in my mind that Bryan Cranston deserved an Emmy for his performance.
Old 05-14-06, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
Like many others, I was a big fan of this for the first couple of years it was on, but after a couple of timeslot changes, I just stopped watching it. I picked it up again last year, and it was one of the best seasons it ever had. Since it was on so long and moved so many times, people just assumed that it wasn't a good show anymore without watching it. Those who did find the time to watch it realized that it was as good as it ever was, if not better.
This was my same experience as well. I watched the show the first couple years.....lost track of it.......started watching it again these past 2 years and realized it was somehow even funnier and more absurd than the earlier years....

I want more dvds FOX!!
Old 05-14-06, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Now can we start getting the rest of the seasons on dvd?
Old 05-14-06, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
FOX football killed the popularity of this show (same thing happened to futurama). they could have had this leading into AD. then it was moved to the friday death slot.

hal, for me, is one of the best characters in TV history.
Old 05-14-06, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

The episode where Bryan Cranston (Hal) teaches Malcolm how to rollerskate is definitely one of the best "Hal" episodes.
Old 05-14-06, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by dvdmovie1
The episode where Bryan Cranston (Hal) teaches Malcolm how to rollerskate is definitely one of the best "Hal" episodes.
That was classic! I hope Bryan gets other opportunities in the future.

There was an episode once where Dewey got to bring home the school hamster for a week. It would rotate from student to student and they would bring it home. The next person to have it was going to torture it, so Dewey took one of those big plastic balls that hamsters can use to "walk and roll" around the house, filled it up with food, and let the hamster go. MANY episodes after that would feature the ball somewhere in the background around town just rolling around. I would always love to see that in the background! I remember it showed up in the background as Reese got arrested after hijacking the student driver car, and in many other episodes.

I also loved when Reese studied his butt off to make sure he failed all of his senior finals so that he could stay in high school for another year and not have to get a real job.

Cloris Leachman as the mom was awful. I do like Cloris, but not in that role.

I really think the show stayed funny but really suffered from timeslots.

I could go on and on. I love this show!
Old 05-14-06, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Great finale!

Haven't followed the show closely the past several seasons.

After watching the graduation scene, I was wondering did they ever reveal their last name?
Old 05-14-06, 08:05 PM

I, like SO many others here watched it for the first 4/5 years and then stopped once it moved to fridays. I've caught a lot of re-runs recently over the past year and remembered how much I liked it. Glad they put the finale on a sunday after the simpsons. I thought it was well-done and clever. I loved Lois's speech to Malcolm about his life; it really summed up her and the show VERY well.

AND YEAH! Where the HELL are the rest of the DVD's!?
Old 05-14-06, 08:31 PM

Yea , i watched the show more when it was on sundays back in the day...

Been catching it here and there and the finale was not that bad.
Old 05-14-06, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by skatefan20
After watching the graduation scene, I was wondering did they ever reveal their last name?
Nope ... which is why I assumed it was "bleeped" by the mic ....
Old 05-14-06, 10:11 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
i read somewhere that the last name was revealed in the pilot. was on a nametag francis had on or something like that. Apparently, it's Wilkerson.

yeah, that story is on wikipedia, too.

as for the show, i thought it was great. lois and hal telling malcom what was supposed to happen was great, especially cause they were covered in that crap (hal with his shirt off was hilarious).
Old 05-15-06, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 604 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
as for the show, i thought it was great. lois and hal telling malcom what was supposed to happen was great, especially cause they were covered in that crap (hal with his shirt off was hilarious).
That entire scene was classic! The set-up was great and the dialog as they were all dealing with being covered in crap was perfectly written! An outstanding ending to a very entertaining series.
Old 05-15-06, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Did the hamster roll through? Either I missed it, or it should have been in the last shot somewhere!

Hal was one of the great comedic characters of the last ten years. Honorable mention to Craig.
Old 05-15-06, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great finale!

Haven't followed the show closely the past several seasons.

Wilkerson. At least that's the name tag Francis wore on his shirt in the first episode.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.