Community
Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Shudder - AMC's streaming service for Horror fans

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-21, 11:02 PM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts
Re: Shudder - AMC's streaming service for Horror fans

There's a bunch of good stuff on the Leaving Soon list. Including the Val Lewton collection which was just added a few weeks ago. The Burning (1981) is also on the list.

https://www.shudder.com/collections/...164f4d025ca36f
Old 05-03-21, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

My Shudder subscription was up for another year renewal after today, but I decided to cancel unfortunately. It wasn't expensive at all. 50 something per year is cheap.

I made the decision based on that I simply wasn't using it enough. I can barely keep up with HBO Max, Netflix, Peacock and Hulu alone.

Maybe down the road I'll re-up again, but I need to get my streaming services to a more manageable level. I've learned that if you have too much available, you're just drowning in unwatched material.
Old 05-04-21, 07:08 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Yea... this isn’t something I would have year round. I do think it is a good service, but I can easily get by subscribing for a month here and there when there is the free / discount month offers.
Old 05-04-21, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Yeah I will probably re-up again during October to watch a few horror movies before Halloween.

I just checked, if you want to do a 1 year subscription, they raised the price to $57. Regular monthly is $5.99/month.
Old 05-04-21, 12:37 PM

They frequently have discount codes. Usually they have a code for a free month. I don't know how often you can use those. But I've heard people say they use them all the time and never pay for Shudder.

Here's some current promo codes:

20% Off Annual
SHUDDERGIFT
MOREJOEBOB

30 Day Free Trial
HORRORHOUND
FRIGHTRAGS
FILMTHEORY
NIGHTMIND
DEADMEAT

Last edited by TheBigDave; 05-04-21 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-08-21, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

When do the Last Drive-In reruns become available?
Old 05-08-21, 05:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
When do the Last Drive-In reruns become available?
Usually the following Sunday. So last night's episode should be posted tomorrow.
The following users liked this post:
dvd-4-life (05-08-21)
Old 05-08-21, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

Ginger Snaps is pretty great if anyone hasn’t seen it.
Old 05-08-21, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by T-bone22
Ginger Snaps is pretty great if anyone hasn’t seen it.
Are the sequels any good?
Old 05-08-21, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

I haven't seen them, but I doubt they are anywhere near as good as the first. Might be fun though, I may check them out.
Old 05-09-21, 11:48 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Not as good as the first, but still decent.
Old 05-11-21, 04:18 PM

Here is the rundown of the Shudder Summer of Chills lineup:

June 3:
Caveat (Shudder Original) – Isaac, a drifter suffering from memory loss, accepts a job looking after a psychologically troubled woman named Olga. Sounds easy enough, right? Not really, because he is required to wear a harness and chain. When Olga and Isaac are left alone in the house, Isaac finds himself fighting to survive.

June 8:
The Amusement Park (Shudder Exclusive) – Lincoln Maazel stars as an elderly man living through the humiliation and pain of aging. His experiences are shown allegorically through amusement park rides and crowds.

June 17:
Superdeep (Shudder Original) – 7 miles below the surface in Russia lies the Kola Superdeep borehole. In 1984, unexplained screaming and moaning sounds were recorded, and in the present day, a team goes underground to try and figure out what happened.

June 24:
An Unquiet Grave (Shudder Original) – A year after his wife dies in a tragic car accident, Jamie asks his wife’s sister Ava to help him with a ritual. Ava begins to suspect that something bad is afoot.

June 29:
Vicious Fun (Shudder Original) – Somehow, a 1980’s film critic named Joel finds himself trapped in a serial killers support group. Realizing he could very well become a victim, he must try his best to blend in.

July 8:
Son (Shudder Original) – Laura and her son David flee town after an attempted abduction. Soon after they escape, David starts to suffer convulsions and psychotic episodes, and Laura has to determine what she is willing to do to save her son.

July 15:
The Call (Shudder Exclusive) – In 1987, a group of friends are forced to stay in the home of two very sinister people. The Call stars Lin Shaye (Insidious) and Tobin Bell (Saw).

July 22:
Kandisha (Shudder Original) – A group of teens hang out together during summer break and spend their evenings telling scary tales. After being assaulted by her ex, Amelie remembers a story about a vengeful demon named Kandisha, and decides to summon her.

July 29:
The Boy Behind the Door (Shudder Original) – 12-year-olds Bobby and Kevin are abducted by a stranger, and while Bobby escapes, Kevin is trapped inside a dark house. Can Bobby manage to save his friend (and himself)?

August 5:
Teddy (Shudder Original) – During a hot summer, Teddy is scratched by a wolf-like animal in the woods. Soon, Teddy begins to have animalistic impulses.

August 10:
Bleed With Me (Shudder Original) – A troubled young woman named Rowan is happy to join her friend Emily and Emily’s boyfriend at a wintry cabin in the woods retreat. When Rowan wakes up to find strange cuts on her arm, she begins to suspect that Emily is stealing her blood.

August 19:
Jakob’s Wife (Shudder Exclusive) – 50-something Anne (horror icon Barbara Crampton) is unhappy in her life and marriage until an encounter with a stranger results in a new lust for life. While Anne is thrilled with the changes, her husband (Larry Fessenden) is not.
Old 05-15-21, 05:53 PM

The Cleansing Hour was good. Not really scary, just fun popcorn horror. So many horror movies these days are serious, slow burn, artsy films. I prefer fun stuff like this.

https://www.shudder.com/movies/watch...5e993c1ce4818e
Old 05-16-21, 01:28 AM

The Last Drive-in: Just Joe Bob

https://www.shudder.com/series/watch...1deb764e879cfc

I just noticed this. I don't know when it was added, but I'm glad it's finally available. Lots of the original episodes are gone. At least we can watch the Joe Bob segments.
John Pannozzi (05-16-21)
Old 05-19-21, 04:44 PM

Bruce Campbell Guest Stars on Shudder’s “The Last Drive-In With Joe Bob Briggs” This Friday Night!

Shudder‘s hit series “The Last Drive-In With Joe Bob Briggs” is back with a brand new episode this week, and Joe Bob will be joined by Bruce Campbell and Bill Lustig (Maniac)!

The episode premieres on Friday, May 21st, and as always, we won’t know the two movies being shown during the double feature event until the show begins at 9pm EST.

Joe Bob has, however, provided us with some clues this week. “The first movie stars two drive-in heartthrobs. The second continues a partnership made in drive-in heaven.”
Old 05-23-21, 06:57 PM

Everything Coming to Shudder in June 2021

June 2

Queer Horror Featured Collection
Celebrate Pride with a curated collection of must-see LGBTQ+ horror, featuring films with queer themes, characters and or creators. Featuring the Shudder premiere of the short films Islands and Terror, Sisters!, along with the films Der Samurai, Thirst and Rift. Additional titles include: Butcher, Baker, Nightmare Maker, Nightbreed, The Boulet Brothers' Dragula: Resurrection, Mohawk, Spiral, Lyle, Scream, Queen!: My Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser, Tammy and the T-Rex, The Quiet Room, Stranger by the Lake, Knife + Heart, The Ranger, Lizzie, The Old Dark House, All Cheerleaders Die, Better Watch Out, Sweet, Sweet Lonely Girl and Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama.

June 3

Caveat (Shudder Original Film)
Lone drifter Isaac accepts a job to look after his landlord's niece, Olga, for a few days in an isolated house on an island. It seems like easy money, but there’s a catch: he must wear a leather harness and chain that restricts his movements to certain rooms. Once Olga's uncle Barrett leaves the two of them alone, a game of cat and mouse ensues as Olga displays increasingly erratic behavior as a trapped Isaac makes a series of horrific discoveries.

June 8

The Amusement Park (Shudder Exclusive Film)
Recently discovered and restored 46 years after its completion by the George A. Romero Foundation and produced by Suzanne Desrocher-Romero, director George A. Romero’s The Amusement Park stars Martin’s Lincoln Maazel as an elderly man who finds himself disoriented and increasingly isolated as the pains, tragedies and humiliations of aging in America are manifested through roller coasters and chaotic crowds.

June 17

Superdeep (Shudder Original Film)
The Kola Superdeep borehole is the largest Russian secret facility. In 1984, at the depth of more than 7 miles below the surface, unexplained sounds were recorded, resembling the screams and moans of numerous people. Since these events, the object has been closed. A small research team of scientists and military personnel had gone down below the surface to find out the secret that the world's deepest borehole was hiding. What they have found poses the greatest threat that humanity has ever faced. Now the future of the world is in their hands.

June 24

An Unquiet Grave (Shudder Original Film)
A year after losing his wife in a car crash, Jamie convinces her sister, Ava, to return with him to the site of the accident and help him perform a strange ritual. But as the night wears on, it becomes clear that he has darker intentions. An Unquiet Grave is an exploration of grief, and the harm we cause when we don’t take responsibility for our own healing.

June 29

Vicious Fun (Shudder Original Film)
Joel, a caustic 1980’s film critic for a national horror magazine, finds himself unwittingly trapped in a self-help group for serial killers. With no other choice, Joel attempts to blend in with his homicidal surroundings or risk becoming the next victim.

-------------------------

New This Month (Complete)

Available June 1
Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed
Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning
An American Werewolf in London (1981)
Eve's Bayou
Burn, Witch, Burn!

Available June 2
Islands
Terror, Sisters!
Der Samurai
Thirst
Rift

Available June 7
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Reunion
Beyond the Door III

Available June 14
Monstrous
The Retreat
Evilspeak

Available June 15
The Conspiracy
Housebound
The Similars

Available June 21
City of the Dead
Homewrecker
The Antenna
Old 05-30-21, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

PG: Psycho Goreman was so enjoyable.
Old 06-16-21, 07:13 AM

The season finale is this Friday.

John Pannozzi (07-17-21)
Old 06-16-21, 07:03 PM

John Pannozzi (07-17-21)
Old 06-18-21, 07:34 AM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Superdeep was awesome!
Old 07-16-21, 09:25 AM

30 Day Free Trial

Promo Code: POSSESS30
The following 2 users liked this post by TheBigDave:
Alan Smithee (07-16-21), richardslinger (07-17-21)
Old 07-16-21, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Will try it again to see if they’ve finally added 5.1 sound. If not there’s at least some old stuff in mono worth checking out.
Old 07-17-21, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Will try it again to see if they’ve finally added 5.1 sound. If not there’s at least some old stuff in mono worth checking out.
They have not but for there is a workaround with the Apple TV channels. Subscribing to AMC+ and watching via that channel has 5.1
sound for NOS4A2, Channel Zero, The Walking Dead: World Beyond and A Discovery of Witches.

Sadly, Shudder specific content is 2.0 stereo/mono only. The above shows also play in 2.0 stereo via the Shudder app and Apple TV channel.

I’m not too sure on AMC+ for Prime Channels since I did not load that.
Old 07-17-21, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Does AMC+ have all of the Shudder original content or just some? If that's the better system they should just fold Shudder into it; I'm not too hot on paying all the time for a service with just one genre anyways.
Old 07-17-21, 05:05 PM

Shudder's hosting a slasher tweet-along tonight. There's going to be a few indie horror director's participating.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.