Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Amazon Prime Streaming Thread

Old 01-24-19, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: The Amazon Prime Streaming Thread

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Yeah, I still have Black Lightning S1 streaming like I always have.
I still have the full Black Lightning S1 but only the first 9 episodes of Supergirl S4 and Arrow S7 that aired before the licensing lockout. So unless this changes, episodes 10+ will never be included.
Old 01-24-19, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
In case you haven't noticed, Amazon has pulled all Warner Brothers TV content off their service. Everything, new, old and such. If you bought any WB shows, they are gone.
My Warner Bros movies like The Dark Knight are still there. Perhaps this only affects television shows.
Old 01-24-19, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by randian View Post
My Warner Bros movies like The Dark Knight are still there. Perhaps this only affects television shows.
It's only TV and it seems like episodes you previously purchased are still in your library.
Old 01-24-19, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
It's only TV and it seems like episodes you previously purchased are still in your library.
More specifically, nothing gets removed from your Library. If you bought a Season Pass, you might have paid for upcoming episodes that you might never get. But anything that was in your Library is still there.
Old 01-24-19, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Wow, I don't know what to make of that. I mean I get that they'll pull stuff of Prime, but stuff you bought? If you buy content, you should own that content forever....
They didn't take away anything you already own, but they're not putting up new stuff, and you can't buy anything.

I bought Supergirl Season 4 season pass, and I have the episodes up through 9 in my library, but not the two that have aired since the dispute started. Presumably, once the dispute is settled, the new episodes will all be added.
Old 01-24-19, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It’ll probably be settled at some point, but shit like this puts a stain on Amazon’s service and the whole digital marketplace. It’s one thing to not sell Disney movies on release date, but this is denying availability of a purchased product as promised.
Old 01-24-19, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Itíll probably be settled at some point, but shit like this puts a stain on Amazonís service and the whole digital marketplace. Itís one thing to not sell Disney movies on release date, but this is denying availability of a purchased product as promised.
Yeah, Season Passes should be exempt from any of this price haggling. WB wants to pull their shows? OK, but they still have to provide episodes from any seasons a season pass was sold on. WB can prevent those new episodes from being sold separately, but both Amazon and WB agreed to provide a full season for a set price.
Old 01-25-19, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Amazon is getting into the stand up game...

Jim Gaffigan Center Stage For Amazon Primeís First Stand-Up Comedy Special
by Greg Evans January 24, 2019 10:00am

Amazon Prime Video is about to stroll onto the Netflix-dominated stand-up comedy turf with its first such special: Comic Jim Gaffiganís Quality Time will premiere later this year, Amazon announced today.

The stand-up special will be Gaffiganís seventh (his first five were for Netflix, and his sixth, last yearís Noble Ape, premiered via various on-demand sites).

ďI am so honored to be Amazonís first original stand up special,Ē said Gaffigan. ďThis is going to be exciting.Ē

A four-time Grammy nominee for his comedy albums, Gaffigan will record his Quality Time show live at the State Theatre in Minneapolis on March 9. The special will be directed by wife and collaborator Jeannie Gaffigan, and executive produced by Brian Volk-Weiss & Cisco Henson (of Comedy Dynamics) with Alex Murray (Brillstein Entertainment Partners). Quality Time is distributed and produced by Comedy Dynamics.

Amazon Prime members will be able to stream the special exclusively via the Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online. Quality Time will be a global release and available on the Prime Video website in more than 200 countries and territories.

Gaffigan also is slated for a co-starring role in Amazon Studiosí upcoming film Troop Zero, along with Viola Davis and Allison Janney.

Quality Time will mark Amazonís entry into the stand-up comedy terrain most closely associated with Netflix. Netflix has boasted a roster of stand-up comics including Ellen DeGeneres, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle and Jerry Seinfeld.
https://deadline.com/2019/01/jim-gaf...al-1202540877/

Looking forward to this. Jim Gaffigan is great.
Old 01-26-19, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Don't believe it has been mentioned here, but Prime recently added all seasons, and the movie, of the Canadian sitcom "Corner Gas". I love this show. Very quirky. Give it a shot, if you're looking for something new to watch.

Originally Posted by Jay G. View Post
One of my favorite shows, I bought the Canadian DVDs back in the day after seeing a clip on Youtube (Pink Eye). Here's that clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGFS-NNlIgs

A show that truly had six seasons and a movie.
I loved this show when it was on. A show about nothing.
Old 01-26-19, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Prime Video Canada has added all seasons of Desperate Housewives, Lost, Happy Endings, Private Practice and Uggly Betty. And they added the rest of the Baywatch seasons up to S9.
Old 01-26-19, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
I loved this show when it was on. A show about nothing.
What about that time the dog ran away?
Spoiler:
It took 3 days
Old 01-27-19, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Eighth Grade was just added. Been wanting to see this one.
Old 03-19-19, 03:48 AM

Farscape is now available on Amazon Prime. The complete series is remastered in HD.

Amazon Amazon

https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/18/...rime-farscape/
Old 03-25-19, 02:08 PM

Spiral Season 5 just popped up, been wanting to see this since I finished the 4th season on netflix like 4 years ago... netflix never got the 5th season...
Old 04-08-19, 02:10 PM

FYI, most of the missing episodes of Arrow have shown up now. Missing e15. I just got the alert email around 2:40 Eastern.
Supergirl still only showing the new one from last week.
Old 04-08-19, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson View Post
FYI, most of the missing episodes of Arrow have shown up now. Missing e15. I just got the alert email around 2:40 Eastern.
Supergirl still only showing the new one from last week.
Here to hoping the rest start filling in.