Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Dvdsoon: Warning No Refunds Made Now

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Dvdsoon: Warning No Refunds Made Now

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-05, 05:33 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kyle
I tried out cinemaclock.com. Preordered some stuff--all arrived right around the release date of the latest item. I think it was around $9CA for shipping to the US--didn't seem to matter what I added to my cart. Prices were also decent compared to other on-line CA sites.

It is easy to see what's in stock and what's not.

I would use them again for R1 CA-specific stuff.

-Kyle
http://www.cinemaclock.com/ ---> had a look at the site, seems like a local seller though? No mention of international deliveries on the title screen.

www.dvdboxoffice.com is good but they are pricey, might as well use amazon. I found that www.amazon.uk is pretty good lately, discs come very quickly for international orders compared to www.amazon.com which takes forever on standard shipping.
Old 10-22-05, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks, to this thread, I went back to DVDSoon and signed in to change refund method over to credit card - but it didn't ask me for a card number?! How are they going to process it? Good to see they're operating as good as ever...
Old 10-22-05, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
Thanks, to this thread, I went back to DVDSoon and signed in to change refund method over to credit card - but it didn't ask me for a card number?! How are they going to process it? Good to see they're operating as good as ever...
it said when I switched from check to credit card that they will contact me (not holding my breath) for credit card details when they are ready to process the refund..
Old 10-22-05, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sabretoothed
http://www.cinemaclock.com/ ---> had a look at the site, seems like a local seller though? No mention of international deliveries on the title screen.
It's tricky to get to the cinemaclock storefront. The way I get to it is to click on Toronto, then Upocoming DVDS. You can also use the search box to find dvds.

When I log into my account, the shipping address only lets you select between US and Canada addresses--so I'm not sure if they ship elsewhere.
Old 10-23-05, 04:21 AM
Cool New Member

I saw that credit card thing, but they said from the November 1st they will start processing the credit card refunds 6-8 weeks later, ummm that sounds like 2006 to me, so I just sent a dispute to the credit card company VISA, VISA can get my money back for me quicker I think.

Will DVD soon be around in 2006, that's the question I wonder?

Its a shame since I liked their website, but I'm not ordering from them ever again, I referred heaps of people to them, but I've told them all to stay away now.
Old 10-25-05, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by pilot
it said when I switched from check to credit card that they will contact me (not holding my breath) for credit card details when they are ready to process the refund..
Thanks, pilot. I didn't see any message of the sort when I did it.
Old 10-25-05, 05:10 PM
Cool New Member

Here's some more dribble

Dear Sir;

My apologies if you did not receive the explanation regarding this from
our president in August. The refund system was created to help resolve
all credit issues from our previous payment system. As the new system
and the old one are not that same we do have to create a separate
compilation. I thank you for your comprehension.

------------------------------
Natasha Bonfield
Customer Service Center
Centre De Service à la Clientèle
DVDSoon.com
Old 10-26-05, 06:07 AM

Sounds like more BS.
Old 10-30-05, 12:50 AM
Cool New Member

Guess what I disputed it with VISA and I'm getting a refund, only takes 10 days, stuff them I just want my money back.

That www.deepdiscountdvd.com doesn't look that bad either, at least they speak normal english when you email them and don't BS you with all these fairly tales, just did an order with them and I'll see how they go.

Might even dispute my fidelity card as they breached the contract on that since I paid for 12months of discounts and didn't get a full 12 months!
Old 11-01-05, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
So DVDSoon disputed my dispute. They sent a copy of their terms and conditions which indicate no refunds. My CC company said their claim is legit and gave them back the $25.67. I called my CC company and pointed out that the terms they sent were not the terms agreed to when I placed the order. So now I have a new dispute, which disputes their dispute of my original dispute.

My CC company wanted to know if I had a copy of their original terms, which I did not. I pointed out that their new terms indicated your card will not be charged until your order ships. Since my card had already been charged, I put forth that that is proof that their terms have changed. She asked me to send an e-mail with my new dispute. I attached the e-mail that DVDsoon customer service sent me indicating that the CC refund option was disabled on July 20th, well after my initial order. Oh, and she also indicated that when asking around about my situation, another dispute worker mentioned that they had a copy of the old terms and conditions that another customer provided along with their DVDSoon dispute.

(breath)

So, on goes the battle. I don't see how this can turn out in their favour now.
Old 11-01-05, 03:31 PM

I, too, got a letter from my credit card company with DVDSoon's highlighted rules that stated "no refunds". I showed them the old terms which stated the terms at the "close of the sale" are the ones in effect for the sale. And the terms at that time said refunds.

I cannot stand these people at DVDSoon--just refund the store credit to the credit cards and these disputes can be closed quickly!

I have some April charges that my credit card co refuses to credit me back for, so I will need to try to get that money from dvdsoon--but they won't send me anything or unlock my account until the disputes have been resolved!

They want me to sign something relinquishing all my disputes so they can unlock my account.
Old 11-01-05, 03:49 PM
Cool New Member

These guys really suck. Why are they such idiots? So tell me is it really legal to take your money, then not send you anything, lock the credit and not refund it. Canada is a sham if this is allowed. I'll see if this occurs to me too. I don't think I'll buy anything from Canada ever again.

If they say no refund, THEN YOU HAVE TO GIVE A CREDIT, and not some bs method of refund that never happens, I referred heaps of people to them, but now I'm warning all my friends to stop ordering and they all have, since these guys have real problems when it comes to taking money from you and not refunding it!!! Its not like we sent back the order, I wanted a DVD, they didn't send it, they cancelled the order and locked my money. Is this a new way of making money?

If anyone has the old terms maybe they should post it here so we can all use it in case this happens?
Old 11-01-05, 04:09 PM
Cool New Member

I recommend if you live in Australia, make a complaint with our consumer watchdog, since they have an agreement with the Canadian authorities

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.../itemId/393952
Old 11-01-05, 04:33 PM

I suggest people start getting local media (especially news stations) invloved and get them to report the issue. One particular pop to mind is this one: http://www.vancouvertelevision.com/olsen.jsp and you can send stories to this email address: [email protected]

If someone know a local media from Quebec (dvdsoon HQ: 27A, rue de Lauzon Boucherville, QC J4B 1E7, CANADA) to report them, I am pretty sure things will get resolved more quickly.

Once you have people submitting stories internationally, I am sure the media will quickly become interested.
Old 11-02-05, 02:24 AM
Cool New Member

Ok, I'll send some info to them, do you guys have a current affairs program, maybe they can visit them and bust open the scam of refusing to refund our money!

By the way, tried out www.deepdiscountdvd.com from the US, I ordered and next day they sent them, looking good so far Prices are not that different to dvdsoon especially if you do a big order to save postage.

Last edited by Sabretoothed; 11-02-05 at 02:27 AM.
Old 11-02-05, 02:36 AM
Cool New Member

Anyone know the local newspaper in Quebec?
Old 11-02-05, 10:28 AM

There are a few more that I think might be helpful:

Quebec Better Business Bureau
http://www.bbb-bec.com/main.cfm?p=100&l=en

Canadian Council of Better Business Bureaus (CCBBB)
http://www.canadiancouncilbbb.ca/
http://www.canadiancouncilbbb.ca/quebecmatch.html

CTV Consumer Reports
http://www.ctv.ca/consumer
Look for the "Contact Consumer Reporters" section on the bottom right for a number of email adresses

CTV W-Five (is probably the most watched investigative reporting program but I kind of doubt this is big enough for them to make a program out of, still worth a shot if you want to. email: [email protected])
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...-link/20030924
Old 11-02-05, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by andicus
So DVDSoon disputed my dispute. They sent a copy of their terms and conditions which indicate no refunds. My CC company said their claim is legit and gave them back the $25.67. I called my CC company and pointed out that the terms they sent were not the terms agreed to when I placed the order. So now I have a new dispute, which disputes their dispute of my original dispute.

My CC company wanted to know if I had a copy of their original terms, which I did not. I pointed out that their new terms indicated your card will not be charged until your order ships. Since my card had already been charged, I put forth that that is proof that their terms have changed. She asked me to send an e-mail with my new dispute. I attached the e-mail that DVDsoon customer service sent me indicating that the CC refund option was disabled on July 20th, well after my initial order. Oh, and she also indicated that when asking around about my situation, another dispute worker mentioned that they had a copy of the old terms and conditions that another customer provided along with their DVDSoon dispute.

(breath)

So, on goes the battle. I don't see how this can turn out in their favour now.

I'd even say if your credit card won't refund it tell them you want to close the account. See how quick they change their mind and refund your $26.
Old 11-02-05, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I'd even say if your credit card won't refund it tell them you want to close the account. See how quick they change their mind and refund your $26.
Yeah, I was considering that on the phone, but my wife is the primary card holder. We use this card for absolutely everything because of it's points system. She'd never go for cancelling it if they called my bluff. Actually, she'd have to be the one to cancel, too.

I think they'll side with me, though. Especially since they apparently have a copy of the terms that were in effect at the time of the deal. As soon as I mentioned that the terms had changed, they were very cooperative again. I'm glad it's a paltry amount, so it's not a huge concern. Some people are into them for some pretty good money.
Old 11-02-05, 10:40 PM

Did someone delete my post I made last night?
Old 11-03-05, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ChristianB
Did someone delete my post I made last night?
you did.
Old 11-03-05, 11:28 PM

LOL!? Sorry....and I wrote so much too about chargebacks and what every single etailer on line will have problems with. Bottom line, no signature proof, no imprint of the actual credit card, no swipe through a credit card machine = tough time for the merchant to prove a transaction was 'legally authorized'...

All customers of DVDSOON had to do when they received their credit card statements is to simply call their credit card company and dispute the charge.

"I didn't shop there"

That's certainly a way for those who got burned by DVDSOON to get payback.
Old 11-04-05, 06:45 AM
Cool New Member

DVDsoon suck, I can't wait to get my refund, then I can really tell them what I think of them lol
Old 11-07-05, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't believe this is still on the go. It's been four or five months and people are still trying to get their money back. How can this business still be operating?
Old 11-09-05, 06:16 PM

Despite their website still being up, I've heard that they are bankrupt now...

I even emailed them via the CONTACT US link and the [email protected] address given is now dead. Any emails are bounced back!?

"Sorry, no mailbox here by that name" is the error message I get.

Last edited by ChristianB; 11-09-05 at 06:27 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.