Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Dvdsoon: Warning No Refunds Made Now

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Dvdsoon: Warning No Refunds Made Now

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-05, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL

I have a credit of $0.91 and i requested the cheque...hope it comes -)
Old 09-13-05, 04:51 AM
Banned

... but the problem is if they check winds up not being any good, then you will get a bounced check fee on your account. This usually runs anywere from $5-20. Not worth it for $0.91, I'd say...
Old 09-13-05, 10:57 AM

To agree with heathen, I wouldnt attempt to cash there "cheque" even if they sent me one. I lost 8 bucks and change, waited monthes, with nothing but BS from natasha and the customer service clowns, finally called my credit card, they refunded in less than 3 days, and only asked what happened specifically. I am tempted to request a refund from them as the credit is still sitting there, just to complicate their mess, but figured, I wouldnt attempt to cash it, cause I was already reimbursed, but yeah, the fees it would incure far outweigh any of that. Very good point.
Old 09-13-05, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Wow. Looks like they are manning a sinking ship. I say screw dealing with DVDsoon, call your CC company ASAP. Don't delay, if they do go under the chances of you seeing that money again get smaller and smaller.

I wish you all luck in your refunds.
Old 09-15-05, 02:14 PM
Banned

Anyone with any updates on the TV consumer hotline in Quebec?
Old 09-16-05, 08:02 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Regarding the new "Refund Request"

..Ya know, this COULD be a ruse to get people complacent, and stop the chargebacks...and when Nov 1 comes and goes with no refund check-THEY are in Bermuda, laying on the beach!

Last edited by Seashellz; 09-16-05 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-18-05, 11:51 AM

Get the chequez and send it to a Charity

Obviously, if you can get a chargeback it remains the best option.
Otherwise, do not let them keep your money, even if you live in Europe, and you know that cashing the cheque in Europe might be expenvive;, especially if it bounces.
Send it to the Canadian branch of a charity. http://www.msf.ca/, for example. They should be able to cash it. And the money will be used by somebody who actually needs it, not by them.

Cesare
(DVD and Film journalist for "New DVD World"' Italy - www.ndw.it
Old 09-18-05, 12:46 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Almost every bank in the U.S. charges sizeable fees for cashing checks from other countries.

I used to work for a magazine and we quickly learned to include "All checks must be in U.S. Dollars drawn on a U.S. Account" on our subscription cards. Before that, bank fees would eat up as much as 50% of the $68 subscription checks.

I just about forgot to mention that it sometimes took up to 8 weeks for those checks to clear and get credited to our account.

Last edited by rich-y; 09-18-05 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-20-05, 06:15 PM
Banned

Does ANYONE have an update on the consumer show...?
Old 09-29-05, 04:26 AM
Banned

NOBODY has any updates on this?
Old 10-01-05, 07:24 AM

so has anyone received a package from them recently? I just ordered a cheap movie to see if it would actually get shipped. I searched through over a hundred titles and couldn't find anything that was in-stock, only "available"
Old 10-03-05, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by waylonsmithers
so has anyone received a package from them recently? I just ordered a cheap movie to see if it would actually get shipped. I searched through over a hundred titles and couldn't find anything that was in-stock, only "available"

Ordered THE FLY SE / THE WARRIORS DIR CUT / CODE 46 / WARGODS OF THE DEEP - all shipped in the last few days.

Things are still getting sent out .... bar LOST SEASON 1 - still waiting !!!
Old 10-03-05, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Why anyone would order from them at this point just baffles the mind.
Old 10-04-05, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by onebyone
Why anyone would order from them at this point just baffles the mind.
I both 'agree' and 'disagree' with your thought !!

Agree : yeah - they have screwed up in recent months - with myself included in that mess (I've only got about $AU 120 tied up). Their biggest problem was hedging themselves against one supplier (if this was the case). They used to be quite popular - offering somewhat 'fantastic' discounts

Disagree : They are still fulfilling orders - and still 'offering' free shipping on certain conditions. They've not gone out of business yet.

And in case - if you make an order - and its not fulfilled in time - you can cancel it - and you're credit card wont be debited.
Old 10-05-05, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I received a response today from RECOL ...(which I filled out months ago..)

this says it's "automatic" but ..I guess it finally got sent ..doubt it'll do anything but..better than nothing I guess..

Thank You for sharing your complaint information. In accordance with your
instructions your complaint information was sent to the following agency(s) for
intelligence purposes:

-Royal Canadian Mounted Police
-Internet Crime Complaint Center(United States)

In accordance with your instructions your complaint was sent to the following
agency(s) for possible investigation. You may or may not be contacted by these
agency(s).

-Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Quebec)
4225 Dorchester Blvd. West
Montreal,Quebec
H2Z 1V5
Phone(514) 939-8304
Fax(514) 939-8628

RECOL recommends that you also report this crime to your local police.

To View or Update your complaint you can access RECOL at: www.recol.ca
Old 10-19-05, 06:29 PM
Banned

Has anyone gotten any updates on the Consumer Advocates news show in Canada on these folks?
Old 10-20-05, 09:40 AM
Cool New Member

Sorry if your a Canadian, but I've emailed everyone and the FBI, and still can't get a response. Whats going on in Canada? Is there no consumer protection, in Australia it would have been easy to nail these guys??????? I HATE DVDSOON!!!!!!

So today I put in a credit card dispute form for the orders that dvdsoon(dvdsuck) cancelled so I can get my money back, I spent thousands on them and they lose business over a few dollars, crazy.

They can basically go to hell now, I'm never ordering anything ever from them again, I hope they go into Chapter 11 soon and everyone should dispute their credit cards on this credit that they refuse to refund instantly.

Hey has anyone tried to dispute the fidelity membership since they cancelled that too and refuse to credit the difference, they breached the contract short of the date.

By the way, whats with the president stuff??

CHAPTER 11 RISK???????????????????????????????????? GOING UNDER???????????????

>> Dear Sir
>>
>> As we have explained in the past, we do not retain your credit card
>> number in our system. As a result the process becomes much more
>> complicated and would take longer than our estimated delay to
>> complete. Our development department has researched every refund
>> possibility and the delays it would take for the refund to complete.
>> They have found that issuing a check is the least complicated and
>> most efficient way on resolving our refund situation. This way all
>> refunds can be done before December 31st as noted by our president.
>>
>> We understand that there may be some international fees regarding the
>> check. As we are a Canadian institute and sell our product in
>> Canadian funds we are not responsible for any processing fees that
>> may occur. I thank you for your comprehension on the matter.
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> Jacqueline Nelson
>> Customer Service Center
>> Centre De Service à la Clientèle
>> DVDSoon.com
Old 10-20-05, 09:42 AM
Cool New Member

Do Not Use Dvdsoon, Just Email Customer Service And Ask A Question, They Enjoy Playing Games With You When They Have Your Money, Warning Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-05, 05:12 PM

DVDSoon has finally managed to offer refunds to credit cards so you should get a full refund. I guess all the chargebacks made them see the light :-)
Old 10-20-05, 07:15 PM

I still don't understand why anyone would even deal with a company such as this after so many complaints on dvdtalk - add more on other web sites, and I would never buy from DVDsoon.
Old 10-21-05, 08:37 AM
Cool New Member

Yeah but 6-8 weeks after November 1st, stuff them I was one of their best customers for years, never had a problem, but after they refused to first refund it, then refused to allow use the credit, then have to use 25% of the credit at a time, then a stupid canadian cheque then 8 weeks after November I hope they go under serious because they stuff their customers around so much who have been loyal for so long, all my friends who I recommended to use them have stopped using them as well.

What other sites are people using? Since DVD soon will never ever get another order from me, especially their customer service replies are amazing, I'll be very surprised if they don't go under soon?
Old 10-21-05, 08:45 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by agitprop
DVDSoon has finally managed to offer refunds to credit cards so you should get a full refund. I guess all the chargebacks made them see the light :-)

Wonder if you'll get the refunds if they go into chapter 11? I'm getting my credit card company to dispute the transaction, since they did not supply me with the product and won't give me a refund.

Why take the risk, these guys are bad news, and Canada is dodgy to do internet buying since there is zero consumer protection, I'm buying from Australia, UK and the USA from now on. DVDsoon gives Canada a bad name!
Old 10-21-05, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by agitprop
Do you need to select this in your account? I cannot log into my account right now--it is locked because I am disputing charges.
Old 10-21-05, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sabretoothed
What other sites are people using? Since DVD soon will never ever get another order from me, especially their customer service replies are amazing, I'll be very surprised if they don't go under soon?
I tried out cinemaclock.com. Preordered some stuff--all arrived right around the release date of the latest item. I think it was around $9CA for shipping to the US--didn't seem to matter what I added to my cart. Prices were also decent compared to other on-line CA sites.

It is easy to see what's in stock and what's not.

I would use them again for R1 CA-specific stuff.

-Kyle
Old 10-21-05, 05:29 PM
Cool New Member

Cool, I'll give them a try, what about www.dvdpacific.com was looking at them last night.

But Australia is getting cheap for DVD's now, for eg the Simpsons box sets are really high in Canada and here they are $29.95AU, so Canada is not looking that cheap anymore and not worth the risk. I'm only using R1 now for discs I can't get here.

DVDsoon really sucks, I'm going to dispute the transaction on the fidelity card since they broke the contract and did not give me any compensation.

I don't care if they go into CHAPTER 11, THEY DESERVE IT WITH THEIR CUSTOMER UN-SERVICE

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.