Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Movie Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-22, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,349 Likes on 976 Posts
Re: Movie Theaters

No theaters. I was never a fan of the Regal near me, anyways.
Old 09-20-22, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 389 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

According to the Regal site it’s Rated R and 140 minutes. I wonder what it could be. Anyone here live near a Regal and interested?
Rated R & 140-minutes? I'm honestly hoping its Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, which fits both criteria.

Picked up a ticket for next Monday in the off-chance it is

Also decided to finally bite the bullet on a Regal Unlimited Pass. We'll see how much mileage I can get out of it starting tonight!
Old 09-22-22, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,346 Likes on 919 Posts

I hope you do better with it than I did. I got a deal and pre-paid three months and was only successful in using it about 60% of the time I tried. Either staff was incompetent or their system sucks balls. Por que no los dos?

For that reason, I nominate Regal's Shithouse 6 Cinema in Flowood, MS for closure.
Old 09-22-22, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 872 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Rated R & 140-minutes? I'm honestly hoping its Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, which fits both criteria.

Picked up a ticket for next Monday in the off-chance it is
Old 09-24-22, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
I hope you do better with it than I did. I got a deal and pre-paid three months and was only successful in using it about 60% of the time I tried. Either staff was incompetent or their system sucks balls. Por que no los dos?

For that reason, I nominate Regal's Shithouse 6 Cinema in Flowood, MS for closure.
I've been paying the .50 Convenience Fee to book in advance and haven't had an issue yet during the (5) films I've seen.

I haven't tried purchasing a ticket with the Unlimited Plus Pass at the actual theater.
Old 09-26-22, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,976 Likes on 2,829 Posts

Everyone on East coast Twitter is saying the Regal $5 mystery movie is the Apple TV plus movie The Greatest Beer Run Ever that stars Zac Efron and Russell Crowe.

It actually drops on Apple Friday. I’m not so sure I want to go now.
Old 09-26-22, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Well, I can't cancel my ticket because I used a $5 voucher and only paid the Fandango surcharge. It's only $1.89 I paid, I guess I'll suck it up. I am disappointed of all titles that it was this one.
Old 09-26-22, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 240 Likes on 171 Posts

Has there ever been an upper tier movie that has pulled this kind of marketing promotion? This is the kind of scrappy push that lesser known films will use. Nothing wrong with it, they gotta do whatever they can to get word of mouth.
Old 09-26-22, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
Well, I can't cancel my ticket because I used a $5 voucher and only paid the Fandango surcharge. It's only $1.89 I paid, I guess I'll suck it up. I am disappointed of all titles that it was this one.
I ended up skipping the screening after seeing what was being screened over on Twitter.

Ended up seeing The Woman King (2022) in a similar time slot instead.
Old 09-28-22, 09:08 AM

Received 4,966 Likes on 3,358 Posts

For anyone in the NJ area… sounds like some great stuff is in store. He did mention at the Q&A I was at that they may be getting Depp to stop by the Tusk screening because he is in Red Bank that week with his band.

Old 01-19-23, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk God

39 more Regal theaters closing. Here's the list:

https://www.businessinsider.com/movi...neworld-2023-1

• Tikahtnu Stadium 16 Imax and RPX (Anchorage, AK)
  • Metro Point (Costa Mesa, CA)
  • Berkeley 7 (Berkeley, CA)
  • Parkway Plaza Stadium 18 and Imax (El Cajon, CA)
  • Escondido Stadium 16 and Imax (Escondido, CA)
  • Hemet Cinema 12 (Hemet, CA)
  • Sherman Oaks Galleria 16 (Los Angeles, CA)
  • Yorda Linda and Imax (Yorba Linda, CA)
  • Meadows Stadium 12 (Littleton, CO)
  • SouthGlenn Stadium 14 (Centennial, CO)
  • Shadowood 16 (Boca Raton, FL)
  • South Beach Stadium 18 and Imax (Miami, FL)
  • Keauhou Stadium 7 (Kailua-Kona, HI)
  • Bolingbrook Stadium 12 (Bolingbrook, IL)
  • Round Lake Beach Stadium 18 (Round Lake Beach, IL)
  • Fenway Stadium 13 and RPX (Boston, MA)
  • Bowie Stadium 14 (Bowie, MD)
  • Rockville Center Stadium 13 (Rockville, MD)
  • Brunswick 10 (Brunswick, ME)
  • Beaver Creek Stadium 12 (Apex, NC)
  • Omaha Stadium 16 (Omaha, NE)
  • Concord 10 (Concord, NH)
  • Hamilton Commons Stadium 14 (Landing, NJ)
  • Pohatcong Stadium 12 (Phillipsburg, NJ)
  • Santa Fe Stadium 14 (Santa Fe, NM)
  • Village Square Stadium 18 (Las Vegas, NV)
  • Elmwood Center 16 (Buffalo, NY)
  • Ithaca Mall Stadium 14 (Ithaca, NY)
  • Cortlandt Town Center (Mohegan Lake, NY)
  • Union Square Stadium 14 (New York, NY)
  • Greece Ridge Stadium 12 (Rochester, NY)
  • Transit Center Stadium 18 and Imax (Williamsville, NY)
  • Montrose Movies Stadium 12 (Akron, OH)
  • Barn Plaza Stadium 14 (Doylestown, PA)
  • Oaks Stadium 24 (Oaks, PA)
  • Greenbrier Stadium 13 (Chesapeake, VA)
  • Stonefield Stadium 14 and Imax (Charlottesville, VA)
  • Meridian 16 (Seattle, WA)
  • Gallery Place Stadium 14 (Washington, DC)
Old 01-19-23, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,469 Likes on 2,214 Posts

I hate to see theaters close but I’ve been to both of those CO theaters and they’re both somewhat close to a huge AMC 24 that does killer business. There’s also an Alamo Drafthouse not too far away from both. I guess I’m not surprised they’re on the list.
Old 01-19-23, 05:03 PM

Union Square Stadium 14 (New York, NY)
Woah!

Alamo Drafthouse should move in to that property.
Old 01-19-23, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Damn, my Regal is closing. It's about 5 or less minutes from my house. That's where we go to see almost every movie. It was so nice to hop in the car and be at the movie theater that fast. Made picking a movie time a lot easier. Now we'll probably have to go to the Marcus which is about 15 minutes away.

Whenever we showed up at the Regal, the parking lot was always pretty empty, usually on an early Sunday afternoon. I thought things must be bad when they stopped selling tickets at the box office and made you buy them at the concession stand. I don't know if that's a common thing in any other theater chains.

I still have a bunch of Regal gift cards. There is still one over half an hour away, so might have to go there to use them up.
Old 01-19-23, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 872 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by windom

Whenever we showed up at the Regal, the parking lot was always pretty empty, usually on an early Sunday afternoon. I thought things must be bad when they stopped selling tickets at the box office and made you buy them at the concession stand. I don't know if that's a common thing in any other theater chains.
Every chain in my area does this if you go any time other than peak times.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (01-20-23)
Old 01-20-23, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,349 Likes on 976 Posts

Parkway Plaza Stadium 18 and Imax (El Cajon, CA)
When I lived there, it was one I used. San Diego has a lot of theaters, so the competition was tough.
Old 01-20-23, 06:57 PM
TOTY Winner 2018 and Inane Thread Master

Received 1,043 Likes on 873 Posts

One I actually went to I think once, is closing. It was like a mega Plex and nice. Too bad.
Old 01-20-23, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 240 Likes on 171 Posts

Meridian in Seattle... I think I saw Pitch Black and Constantine there... early 2000's when I worked in Seattle. The Nike store on the same block is closing...Planet Hollywood was right there as well, I remember going to that opening (no Sly or Arnold, but we got a Bruce Willis concert ) Seems like a lifetime ago...
Old 01-20-23, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk God

I personally prefer Regal over AMC. I think the AMC that I frequent is poorly maintained and they have a terrible time keeping food in stock. Regal does a better job IMO. There are two Regals in my area that are not on that list. But the only issue I have with them is the lack of premium screens. One has zero and the other has IMAX only. I know Dolby is exclusive to AMC. But, I know there are more premium formats at Regal, just not in my area.
Old 01-26-23, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Now it seems that another Regal by me is closing. The Regal in Lincolnshire, IL is closing after tonight. That one wasn't even on the list of ones closing. They had a good IMAX screen there that I saw Blade Runner 2049 on.

It looks like the Regal in my town will be closing after February 23rd based on Fandango showtimes. I can see Quantumania there at least. Then, if I still have any Regal gift cards left I'll have to go about 30 minutes away to the one in Lake Zurich.
Old 01-26-23, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,187 Likes on 1,683 Posts

I love my local Regal because it has discount Tuesdays and Sundays. I'll be sad if it goes (I don't see it on this first wave at least)
Old 01-27-23, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sad to see another theater close in Berkeley, CA.

The California Theatre closed at the end of 2021, which leaves the Rialto Elmwood as Berkeley's sole movie theater.

Considering the amount of multiplexes in nearby cities (Oakland, Alameda, Emeryville, etc.) it isn't too surprising
Old 02-06-23, 09:57 AM

At your next visit to AMC Theatres, getting a prime seat may cost you a little extra.

The country’s largest exhibition chain is rolling out Sightline at AMC, a ticket pricing initiative based on seat location within the auditorium. Moviegoers will have the option to pay more or less for admission depending on where they choose to sit in the theater. In effect, front row seats will be available at a lower price, while seats in the middle of the theater will be available at a higher price.

The initiative kicks off on Friday at select AMC locations in New York, Chicago and Kansas City and will be expanded to all domestic AMC locations by the end of the year.

There will be three different seat-pricing options. The first is Standard Sightline, described as the “seats that are the most common in auditoriums and are available for the traditional cost of a ticket.” Then there’s Value Sightline, referred to as “seats in the front row of the auditorium, as well as select ADA seats in each auditorium, and are available at a lower price than standard sightline seats.” (Value Sightline pricing is only available to AMC Stubs members, including the free tier membership.) The third option is Preferred Sightline, which are the “seats in the middle of the auditorium and are priced at a premium to standard sightline seats.” AMC Stubs A-List members will be able to reserve seats in the Preferred Sightline Section at no additional cost.

Theaters that offer Sightline at AMC are expected to provide a detailed seat map that outlines each seating option during the ticket purchase process online, on the AMC app and at the box office. Sightline at AMC is applied to all showtimes that begin after 4 p.m. at participating locations. It’s not applicable on Discount Tuesdays, when all movie tickets are discounted to $5.

“Sightline at AMC more closely aligns AMC’s seat pricing approach to that of many other entertainment venues, offering experienced-based pricing and another way for moviegoers to find value at the movies,” said Eliot Hamlisch, executive VP and CMO at AMC Theatres. “While every seat at AMC delivers an amazing moviegoing experience, we know there are some moviegoers who prioritize their specific seat and others who prioritize value moviegoing. Sightline at AMC accommodates both sentiments to help ensure that our guests have more control over their experience, so that every trip to an AMC is a great one.”
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/a...on-1235514262/
Old 02-06-23, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 240 Likes on 165 Posts

I'll just stick with my couch and fancy setup.
The following 2 users liked this post by candyrocket786:
Alan Smithee (02-07-23), BobO'Link (02-06-23)
Old 02-06-23, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,187 Likes on 1,683 Posts

Just getting comfortable going back into the theater and then this. Though I guess it strengthens the value of A-list.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.