Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-18, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Originally Posted by Sonic
The correct compliment would be "nice beaver".
"Thanks, I just had it stuffed!"
Old 05-31-18, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,006 Likes on 1,553 Posts

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
He was the type of person who had to tell everyone everything he did in his private life and his cube was filled with pics of him competing in karate tournaments and he had all his trophies on display at work.
Ok, he's guilty. Wait, there's more?

So anyway he had dated numerous girls at work over the course of about a year(all at the same level so no issues) and one day he brought in vacation pictures from a recent trip and he is showing the group. In several of the pictures he was sitting on the lap of another guy in various kissing and making out poses. So my ex says "Oh, I didn’t realize you were bisexual?" (she has been with women herself) and he says "I'm not, I was just goofing with my buddy." She apologized and they continued looking at the pics. There was no judgement or joking about it, just a straightforward question asked in relation to a picture he was showing everyone. Nobody had any issue with it at the time. It was never thought of again until my ex gave him his performance report more than 6 months later and it was not a good one. I worked there too and I saw first-hand him goofing off and never being at his desk working and saw him coming in late and leaving early numerous times and her report reflected these issues. When he got the report he immediately went to HR for sexual harassment and said that my ex accused him of being gay and humiliated him in front of everyone and demanded she be fired.

My ex had to go through a long process of interviews and investigation until ultimately due to everyone else in the group backing up my ex's account of the encounter versus his complaint she was cleared albeit with a black mark on her record due to the accusal. Since his poor performance was well documented and could be proved he was told if he recanted basically he could quit and get a letter of recommendation from the company or they would simply fire him based on his performance. So he quit and left. Turns out he was addicted to drugs which is why he was so bad at work. He was trying to do anything to save his job and threw my ex under the bus. Granted, now even the fraternization of the kind that was encouraged back then is pretty much prohibited now so this would never happen again with her, not to mention she is older and wiser and the whole societal interaction in corporate culture has changed so much. But at the time I wanted to “kill” this kid for potentially ruining her career.
I consider what she said a violation of HR policies that can be misconstrued. As his direct superior, she shouldn't have said it, and had she not carefully documented his performance she would have been in trouble. It doesn't seem like he was really bothered by it and he was taking advantage of that to try to save his job (or screw her over, or both), but I can see why they needed to go through that.

The latter part about the actual sexual harassment, well, that's the age old case of the HR dept. working for the company (and the higher level exec) than for you, which really really sucks and is also inappropriate. Ironically I do think that this #metoo movement would have changed that outcome considerably.
Old 05-31-18, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,853 Likes on 1,146 Posts

So would the following be a legitimate case of sexual inappropriateness or someone trying to take advantage of corporate HR policies? Or both?

In 2000 my ex-wife worked for Staples in a supervisory role. Their department was very close and hung out after work, went to parties together etc. One of the people was an extremely outgoing and loud braggadocious kid in his mid-20's with what was once referred to as metrosexual looks. My ex was about 3-4 years older. He was the type of person who had to tell everyone everything he did in his private life and his cube was filled with pics of him competing in karate tournaments and he had all his trophies on display at work. Also a big time one-upper. No matter what anyone did, he also did it but better. This is no problem relating to his work, but goes to the type of personality and that he brought up and discussed his personal life a lot to the department.

So anyway he had dated numerous girls at work over the course of about a year(all at the same level so no issues) and one day he brought in vacation pictures from a recent trip and he is showing the group. In several of the pictures he was sitting on the lap of another guy in various kissing and making out poses. So my ex says "Oh, I didn’t realize you were bisexual?" (she has been with women herself) and he says "I'm not, I was just goofing with my buddy." She apologized and they continued looking at the pics. There was no judgement or joking about it, just a straightforward question asked in relation to a picture he was showing everyone. Nobody had any issue with it at the time. It was never thought of again until my ex gave him his performance report more than 6 months later and it was not a good one. I worked there too and I saw first-hand him goofing off and never being at his desk working and saw him coming in late and leaving early numerous times and her report reflected these issues. When he got the report he immediately went to HR for sexual harassment and said that my ex accused him of being gay and humiliated him in front of everyone and demanded she be fired.

My ex had to go through a long process of interviews and investigation until ultimately due to everyone else in the group backing up my ex's account of the encounter versus his complaint she was cleared albeit with a black mark on her record due to the accusal. Since his poor performance was well documented and could be proved he was told if he recanted basically he could quit and get a letter of recommendation from the company or they would simply fire him based on his performance. So he quit and left. Turns out he was addicted to drugs which is why he was so bad at work. He was trying to do anything to save his job and threw my ex under the bus. Granted, now even the fraternization of the kind that was encouraged back then is pretty much prohibited now so this would never happen again with her, not to mention she is older and wiser and the whole societal interaction in corporate culture has changed so much. But at the time I wanted to “kill” this kid for potentially ruining her career.

What was especially abhorrent in retrospect is my ex was actually sexually assaulted by her direct boss in his car in our condo’s parking lot while I was inside sleeping after he was dropping her off after working late (we would carpool and I left normal time to get our kids). Due to that kid filing that report, they gave my ex a hard time when she filed a report against her boss and didn’t believe her since she had been accused herself, trying to get her to admit she led him on or consented to it but was trying to save her marriage which is disgusting. He eventually was fired in disgrace after admitting it and she ended up getting his job for a while before she left because she didn’t feel supported by the company, but it was very hard on my wife and me. She had to talk me out of having something done to him as I had called a relative of mine who shall we say is a very rich man whose money was not gained in legal ventures and was known to get stuff done when needed. Part of me regrets calling him off although I know it was the right thing to do.

Sorry for the long and personal post, but since my ex was personally involved in both sides of a harassment case, I now really have little respect for people who are proven to be lying or exaggerate to save themselves or get someone they dislike in trouble. I still believe the vast majority of cases are real and true, but even 1 false accusation has the potential to ruin someone’s life and also has the unfortunate side effect of cast doubt on all the other real cases.

Look at the kid who was accused of rape by that mattress girl back in 2014. He ended up suing and winning against Columbia for their support of the girl who later recanted and was in love with him and jealous because he was with other girls. Her whole art thesis which led to her graduation was based on a lie and she was promoted by the media as a victim and an example of what happens to women in colleges. This one case is enough for some people to doubt every other case that comes after it which sucks for victims. There needs to be real consequences for people who lie or want to claim victim status for attention or for personal gain whether it is a simple miscommunication or joke or out of regret or jealousy in a personal relationship. Even if the number of these people is minuscule in comparison to the real victims, the damage done to the believability of other cases is astronomical. People will always remember the one lie over hundreds of true cases.

Racist AF!!!!!
Old 05-31-18, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Spoiler:
^
Old 05-31-18, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 188 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by B5Erik
Since we started working side by side with women on a daily basis, maybe? What would work better for you? A cool new jacket?
Which hasn't been very long, so there are going to be some growing pains. And let's face it, people aren't upset about not being able to compliment women(which has not been outlawed) they're upset that they can't hit on women at work.

The point being - you can't say anything nice to a woman on a personal level in some workplaces because they've outlawed it. You can't be a human being. Heaven forbid they may somehow find it threatening or offensive and sue the company.
This isn't true. Sexual harassment is what's outlawed. If you can't find ways to compliment women without making them feel uncomfortable, maybe the problem is with you(not referring to you specifically). Yeah sometimes the line between compliments and harassment can be blurry, but if you're not sure where it is, my advice is to keep things strictly professional at work, is that so bad?

There is no sense of perspective anymore. Everything's bad - almost equally bad. Offenses have almost no gradation anymore to the PC police. It's gotten beyond out of hand.
So you say, others may feel it's been a long time coming where everybody can feel safe and comfortable in a professional environment.

People are going to get to the point where they say, "I don't give a shit," and there could be a significant backlash to all the nonsense. It's NOT all equal, and most personal comments are NOT offensive, threatening, or harassing, but we're being told that it is.
I'm not seeing anybody say things like this. When people use this warning that the movement is going too far and is going to cause a 'backlash' that almost seems like concern for victims of sexual harassment which strikes me as ironic and disingenuous. "Don't complain too much about sexual harassment or we'll stop caring and continue on with our sexual harassment." I mean, come on.

There has been a HUGE problem in Hollywood, and Weinstein & Cosby are the poster children for that problem. But going after Morgan Freeman with such vigor and anger and disdain is unwarranted. He's an old man who thinks he's charming and funny in a lascivious way. He thinks he's Denny Crane. Now he knows better. Now he knows what a clumsy old dork he really is and how stupid he looks. One would hope that he feels bad about how uncomfortable he made those women feel. He should. His career may now be over. Should it be? I don't know.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/enter...ons/index.html

Can you point out which parts of the reporting are angry and disdainful? Yeah, hopefully Morgan Freeman knows better now, and many of us should learn from it too. I know I've wondered if some of my comments at work over the years could have been inappropriate and made people feel uncomfortable, so I want to strive to do better, we all should.

Should his career be over? That's not for us to decide. It's up to movie studios to decide if they want to work with somebody who might be creating a hostile work environment. If these allegations are true it's great that they came out, because now Morgan and his employers can reevaluate the types of working conditions they create.

But the focus should be on those abusing their power to coerce women into doing things they don't want to do, or worse, making them do it by physical force and then threatening their future employment if they report it. Those are the real problems that have been hidden away for far too long.
Why do you get to decide what the focus should be? Is sexually harassing women at work acceptable? I think false accusations are terrible and there should be serious consequences for making them, and I get that you empathize with Morgan Freeman and others that might suffer from false accusations, but take that energy and take some time to empathize with the accusers.

Imagine having a job you love and you're very passionate about, but there's a person you work with who is fifty years older than you, makes twenty times as much as you do, and makes you uncomfortable with inappropriate comments and unwanted touching on a regular basis. You don't feel safe bringing it to your superiors because you know you are expendable while your harasser is much more valuable, and the current environment discourages and even suppresses similar complaints. Nobody should have to put up with that shit. Period. And it is important that we let this conversation play out.

And this was his statement:

"Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows I am not someone who would intentionally offend or knowingly make anyone feel uneasy. I apologize to anyone who felt uncomfortable or disrespected — that was never my intent."
Not a strong denial.

Last edited by DaveyJoe; 05-31-18 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-31-18, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Racist AF!!!!!

Old 05-31-18, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Spoiler:
^
Old 05-31-18, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Look at the kid who was accused of rape by that mattress girl back in 2014. He ended up suing and winning against Columbia for their support of the girl who later recanted and was in love with him and jealous because he was with other girls. Her whole art thesis which led to her graduation was based on a lie and she was promoted by the media as a victim and an example of what happens to women in colleges. This one case is enough for some people to doubt every other case that comes after it which sucks for victims. There needs to be real consequences for people who lie or want to claim victim status for attention or for personal gain whether it is a simple miscommunication or joke or out of regret or jealousy in a personal relationship. Even if the number of these people is minuscule in comparison to the real victims, the damage done to the believability of other cases is astronomical. People will always remember the one lie over hundreds of true cases.

When did she recant? Based on what we know about the incident, as well as her loony behavior ever since, the charges were almost certainly false. But I don't recall that she ever recanted the accusations or claimed that she was in love with him.

Last edited by Dr. Mantle; 06-01-18 at 03:02 AM.
Old 06-01-18, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 483 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
Yeah sometimes the line between compliments and harassment can be blurry, but if you're not sure where it is, my advice is to keep things strictly professional at work, is that so bad?
For some people, no. But is it really so bad for a man to compliment a woman on something non-sexual, even if it is appearance? Saying, "You look nice today," doesn't mean, "Ooooh, baby! I want to take you downstairs into the supply room and give it to you!!!!!" Asking a woman out to dinner isn't asking her to sleep with you.

Why do you get to decide what the focus should be?
What? We're not allowed to express opinions on a message board anymore?

I was talking about a chilling effect - and now it looks like it's spilled over into public forums like this one. Can't post a contrary opinion (intended to provoke thought) without getting roasted. UN P.C. opinions are not welcome, I guess. Welcome to the brave new world!

Is sexually harassing women at work acceptable? I think false accusations are terrible and there should be serious consequences for making them, and I get that you empathize with Morgan Freeman and others that might suffer from false accusations, but take that energy and take some time to empathize with the accusers.
And I do empathize with the VICTIMS when they have been harassed or worse. But in this climate some people (a small minority, for sure, but they exist) see benign comments as threatening because they've been told by some people that all comments that mention personal appearance and all invitations to go out to dinner are harassment and offensive.

Imagine having a job you love and you're very passionate about, but there's a person you work with who is fifty years older than you, makes twenty times as much as you do, and makes you uncomfortable with inappropriate comments and unwanted touching on a regular basis. You don't feel safe bringing it to your superiors because you know you are expendable while your harasser is much more valuable, and the current environment discourages and even suppresses similar complaints. Nobody should have to put up with that shit. Period. And it is important that we let this conversation play out.
I'd agree with you if some sense of fair and accurate proportion were being used. It's not. This is a one sided discussion with men, and only men, painted as lascivious bad guys with malicious intent. That description fits only a tiny group of men, but that image is trickling down to the rest of us. As if the women we work with need to be protected from us.

OF COURSE actual sexual harassment MUST be stopped. Perpetrators MUST be held accountable. But how big is that umbrella under which we live? Just what is harassment? Who decides that?

And what is the endgame? How far is too far? The pendulum has swung, but as pendulums are wont to do it passed the middle and went to the other side. This time, however, it's kind of stuck there.

Like I said before, in Hollywood there was a major problem that most of us knew about. We didn't know the exact details, but we knew about casting couches and actresses pressured into having sex with producers and into doing nude scenes they didn't want to do - and so did the media! But the media did next to nothing to expose it! Not until someone made complaints to law enforcement or filed lawsuits did the media get on their soapbox. Doesn't the media share the blame for some of this for willingly turning a blind eye to the problem?
Old 06-01-18, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,697 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Again, going to need to see some evidence of people getting accused of sexual harassment for complimenting a female coworkers boots. Any proof of anything similar should be easy to find if it’s as prevalent as you say.
Old 06-01-18, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven
Again, going to need to see some evidence of people getting accused of sexual harassment for complimenting a female coworkers boots. Any proof of anything similar should be easy to find if it’s as prevalent as you say.
Who said it was prevalent? I just know under the rules where I work (a major corporation with 40k employees) it's possible to get fired because of a misunderstanding over a benign compliment.
Old 06-01-18, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 231 Likes on 159 Posts

It's just easier not to talk to women. You stay out of jail and get to keep all of your money.
Old 06-01-18, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,697 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Who said it was prevalent? I just know under the rules where I work (a major corporation with 40k employees) it's possible to get fired because of a misunderstanding over a benign compliment.
Um...you did?

I guess I'm getting pissed off because this kind of outrage over something relatively minor is having a chilling effect on how people can behave at work. I was listening to the radio this morning, and they were talking about how a man can't compliment a woman on ANYTHING anymore. New haircut? Nope, didn't notice. Cool new boots? Nope, didn't notice that either. Can't tell her that you think the haircut looks good or the boots are cool. Not if you don't want to be accused of harassment. It's pathetic. That's where this is going, hell, in a lot of workplaces it's already there.

People are not being allowed to act like human beings anymore because the overreactive PC police can't handle it.
So back it up - where's the proof? According to you this is having a chilling effect on how people can behave at work (implying it is widespread) and then saying "in a lot of workplaces it's already there" which is not an implication at all but a statement of fact.

And I don't believe for a second that your company would fire you for complimenting a female co-workers boots. That is a completely made-up scenario and if someone got fired for that it would hit the courts faster than you can spit and that guy would make millions.

Prove this is happening. You said it is - and I don't believe you. If you want to DM me the name of your company, I will happily send the info to your local newsroom because I guarantee they will want to report on this policy and interview men who have fell victim to it.

I think the more likelier scenario is that guys are pissed they can't tell their female co-workers that they look hot and why don't we go out sometime anymore. Which they never should have fucking done in the first place.

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
It's just easier not to talk to women. You stay out of jail and get to keep all of your money.
No, you keep your money and stay out of jail if you don't SEXUALLY HARASS WOMEN.
Old 06-01-18, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Old 06-01-18, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And I don't believe for a second that your company would fire you for complimenting a female co-workers boots. That is a completely made-up scenario and if someone got fired for that it would hit the courts faster than you can spit and that guy would make millions.
Well... I was on a job a few years back where one of the male consultants was rolled-off the project because a female employee (from the client side) filed a complaint regarding how his compliments/overall presence her made her fell uncomfortable. Although he wasn't fired from the firm, removing him from the project did impact his salary and sort of damaged his rep.
Old 06-01-18, 01:09 PM

Received 4,639 Likes on 3,141 Posts

Harvey Weinstein turned a woman's sales pitch into a full-on sexual assault -- which was captured on video -- and followed it up by raping her in his hotel room ... according to an explosive new class action lawsuit.

Melissa Thompson claims she had a meeting with Weinstein at his New York office in September 2011 to pitch her tech company's new video platform to use in the movie biz, but almost immediately he started harassing her. She says there's video evidence of this because her computer's video camera was on for the pitch.

According to the suit ... Weinstein at one point reached down and began caressing her leg and moved his hand under her dress and mumbled, "It's fun when you do this." Thompson claims she ignored it and carried on, fearing he would become angry and aggressive if she rebuffed him.

Thompson says she went to a follow-up meeting with Weinstein at the Tribeca Grand Hotel later that day hoping to secure the video deal, but the meeting quickly moved to his hotel room ... where he forced himself on her. She claims she escaped and went to the bathroom, but when she came out he was naked from the waist down.

According to the suit ... Weinstein tried to force her to perform oral sex on him but she refused, so then he pushed her flat on the bed and raped her. Thompson claims he then masturbated on the bed next to her ... then acted like nothing happened once he was finished.

Thompson claims she felt "dirty and ashamed."

Flash-forward to 2017 -- Thompson says a friend encouraged her to get in touch with attorney Benjamin Brafman to take legal action against Weinstein. She says she got in touch with Alex Spiro, another attorney she claims worked for Brafman, and shared info with him about her alleged incident with Weinstein ... including the video evidence.

According to the docs ... Thompson was shocked to later discover Brafman represented Weinstein.

Thompson and 2 other women have filed the class action suit against Weinstein, Miramax and several other companies for the alleged rape and other instances of sexual misconduct. They're asking for damages.

Spiro tells us ... "I never have and I never would represent Harvey Weinstein, and, in fact, I represent one of the key victims, but Ms. Thompson has never been a client."

We reached out to Weinstein and Brafman as well ... so far, no word back.
Old 06-01-18, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
Well... I was on a job a few years back where one of the male consultants was rolled-off the project because a female employee (from the client side) filed a complaint regarding how his compliments/overall presence her made her fell uncomfortable. Although he wasn't fired from the firm, removing him from the project did impact his salary and sort of damaged his rep.

Could it be a rare instance of extreme punitive action? Sure. But we need more details. Guarantee it wasn't some simple respectful ONE TIME thing that got him moved. The company clearly felt their relationship with the client was more important than his being connected to the project. $$$$$$

Last edited by Giantrobo; 06-01-18 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-01-18, 02:08 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Dex that account is harrowing. I have confidence that New York has found evidence they can pin to him. That’s great.

What a sad state of affairs it is when, in order to make a sale, even after being aggressively sexually harassed, she agrees to a follow up meeting at a hotel!!! Holy shit! The guy had too much power.
Old 06-01-18, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Could it be a rare instance of extreme punitive action? Sure. But we need more details. Guarantee it wasn't some simple respectful ONE TIME thing that got him moved. The company clearly felt their relationship with the client was more important than his being connected to the project. $$$$$$
Client always comes first. In this scenario, there was zero proof. Just her word versus his.

Over the years, I've seen some crazy shit in my line of work (from both sides), which is why I usually avoid any after hours company events. Hell... even when I'm on a project and some type of convention is in town, crazy shit is bound to happen at the hotel.

In the end two... maybe three things matter.

1. Who you know.
2. How far your employer is willing to go to protect you.
3. Money.
Old 06-01-18, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,241 Likes on 2,088 Posts

^ And frankly, it all boils down to #3.
Old 06-01-18, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
^ And frankly, it all boils down to #3.
Yeah... fucking R.Kelly comes to mind in regards to #3
Old 06-02-18, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Um...you did?
You misunderstood my point (or I wasn't very good at making my point, which wouldn't be the first time).

There are tons of restrictions against normal human behavior at work (beyond the common sense, "No sexual harassment," rules), and that's what I'm talking about. There are all sorts of behavioral restrictions that go beyond sexual harassment issues in many workplaces, including mine (some that are rather contradictory and confusing, too). Well, where I work politely and respectfully asking someone out can result in a successful date, or it could get you fired.

It's very confusing - and when I was in a supervisory training group I even asked about it - we don't allow people to ask other workers out on work premises, but, then again, we do allow for the resulting relationships in the rules just in case one of them is in management? (They have to report it and make sure that one of them leaves that department so there isn't a conflict.) Who the fuck can make heads or tails of rules like that? You can't ask a co-worker out, but if you do here's how you handle the relationship. HUH??? Another supervisor just told me that, "Well, they just have to be careful of who they ask out or they could get in trouble." And she was talking about people at the same level/pay grade!

Since then they have tightened up the rules about comments that can and can't be made about co-workers, but those rules are just as muddled. Technically, ANY comment about someone's appearance is against the rules, but then we're told (not in the handbook, but verbally) as long as it doesn't involve their body or anything sexual it's OK to say something nice about things like haircuts or outfits (not about the body in the outfit in any way) - as long as no one complains. Wow, thanks a lot. Sounds like a government job, but it isn't!

There absolutely have to be rules in place to prevent sexual harassment, but often times those rules are draconian or are just flat out confusing.
Old 06-02-18, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

In the early 2000's I use to work in a place that had a whole policy constructed around "Employee Gossip", primarily because of the industry functions where folks would get hammered, high or involved in other questionable activities. If you saw it happen, you were expected to stay quiet and not discuss it among your peers.

Last edited by candyrocket786; 06-02-18 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-03-18, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

LINK - Moses Farrow: A Son Speaks Out

Moses Farrow speaks out to exonerate Woody Allen
Moses Farrow: "I’m a very private person and not at all interested in public attention. But, given the incredibly inaccurate and misleading attacks on my father, Woody Allen, I feel that I can no longer stay silent as he continues to be condemned for a crime he did not commit."
And remember that toy train in the attic that was a centerpiece of Dylan Farrow's version of events despite the fact it had never been mentioned even once in the 2 decades before 2013?

Specifically when Dylan Farrow said this: "He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me... I remember staring at that toy train, focusing on it as it traveled in its circle around the attic. To this day, I find it difficult to look at toy trains.”
Moses blows that embellishment by her completely away:
Moses Farrow: "It’s a precise and compelling narrative, but there’s a major problem: there was no electric train set in that attic. There was, in fact, no way for kids to play up there, even if we had wanted to. It was an unfinished crawl space, under a steeply-angled gabled roof, with exposed nails and floorboards, billows of fiberglass insulation, filled with mousetraps and droppings and stinking of mothballs, and crammed with trunks full of hand-me-down clothes and my mother’s old wardrobes."
No toy train in the attic means Dylan Farrow is blatantly lying about a major part of her story, so why should anyone believe any of her claims?

Some people still will believe her, of course, the ones who don't care about due process or innocent until proven guilty. The kind of people who have what's basically a lynch mob mentality.
Old 06-04-18, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

A video clip from The Joe Rogan Experience podcast

"Joe Rogan - #MeToo Has Become a Witch Hunt"

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.