Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Human Centipede (What?)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Human Centipede (What?)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-10, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Human Centipede (What?)

Originally Posted by Trevor
It didn't make that much money, but one shouldn't let a film's financial take impact their opinion of it in any case.
Old 11-03-10, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
It didn't make that much money, but one shouldn't let a film's financial take impact their opinion of it in any case.
Originally Posted by kcmcustoms
True it didnt make much $ but i support any film company.either it be small with a $100 budget or $1,000,000 budget.I like all films
Also remember too, that IFC had it as its "Midnight movie madness" series, so they only really had 2 or 3 showings a week.
Old 11-20-10, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Unbearably bad. When I was explaining what I had watched, to my Boyfriend, he didn't believe what I was describing to him. Lips sewn to an ass? WTF? The guy goes poo in someone'[s mouth? That isn't horror and it wasn't even scary. Just gross.
And to think they are making a sequel?
Old 11-20-10, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,075 Likes on 650 Posts

This movie is available streaming thru Netflix so I gave it a spin the other night since I have seen it mentioned so much. Can't say I liked it but I didn't hate it either. I thought the girls acting was atrocious and was happy once their mouths were sewn to an asshole so they couldn't talk. It was amazing how quickly their acting improved. I wondered why he chose to put the Asian guy in front and now I understand how that was a good decision on the director's part.

Too many problems with just dumb decisions by the main characters to keep me into the movie. And the doctor was so over the top, he was actually fun to watch. I was quite surprised at how non-graphic the film was after having read so many descriptions of the plot. I am a squeamish guy and thought this movie might make me light-headed from the descriptions but the only part I got uncomfortable was the centipede crawling up the spiral staircase. That was rough. I actually found myself laughing out loud more than cringing during most of the movie, which is never a good sign for a horror film.

All in all, this is a movie that is hard to say you liked it and it's also too unintentionally funny to be the horror movie it is trying to be. But it has an ambitious and disgusting story that makes you think, "Who the fuck thinks of stuff like this?" Lots of weirdos out there and it made me wonder how many super creepy guys are out there jerking off to this film. Nasty but you know someone out there gets off on ideas like this.

My rating: **1/2 out of *****
Old 11-20-10, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd

I am a squeamish guy and thought this movie might make me light-headed from the descriptions but the only part I got uncomfortable was the centipede crawling up the spiral staircase. That was rough. I actually found myself laughing out loud more than cringing during most of the movie, which is never a good sign for a horror film.

My rating: **1/2 out of *****
My asshole still ain't right after watching that.
Old 11-21-10, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

It was worth watching once. There wasn't anything overly graphic, acting wasn't great, story was ok. It's more fun to describe the movie to someone, than it was to actually watch it.
Old 11-21-10, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by mndtrp
It was worth watching once. There wasn't anything overly graphic, acting wasn't great, story was ok. It's more fun to describe the movie to someone, than it was to actually watch it.
Agree. Fun to watch reactions of people, especially when what you've seen is nothing worth writing home about.
Old 12-02-10, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

watched this last night and i enjoyed it quite a bit. not over the top gory or gross. yea, the acting wasn't perfect but the doctor really made the film. hopefully the sequel won't take things too over the top.
Old 12-02-10, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
watched this last night and i enjoyed it quite a bit. not over the top gory or gross. yea, the acting wasn't perfect but the doctor really made the film. hopefully the sequel won't take things too over the top.
I bet the sequel is going to push it as far as it can simply because the premise is quite weak and they failed to deliver the gore the first time. However, do we actually need to see one person ingesting another person's shit?
Old 12-16-10, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Finally watched this last night and enjoyed it much more than expected. The guy who played the doctor was great, totally creepy. If I were to have one complaint it would be that movie didn't go far enough. I really wanted a bigger reaction the first time something passed from A to B, I thought b should've been gagging and puking back into A then forced to swollow it all. If you're going to make a movie like this you might as well go all the way.

Line me up for the sequel
Old 12-16-10, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Agree. Fun to watch reactions of people, especially when what you've seen is nothing worth writing home about.
I have several friends who wont watch it based on what they've heard about the film. Ive tried to tell them its not as bad as they imagine, but oh well.
Old 12-16-10, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sauce07
Finally watched this last night and enjoyed it much more than expected. The guy who played the doctor was great, totally creepy. If I were to have one complaint it would be that movie didn't go far enough. I really wanted a bigger reaction the first time something passed from A to B, I thought b should've been gagging and puking back into A then forced to swollow it all. If you're going to make a movie like this you might as well go all the way.

Line me up for the sequel
1 Priest 1 Nun will satisfy your needs except there is no puking.
Old 12-17-10, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I went Christmas shopping with my mom at Target today and we were walking around the Blu-rays.

My mom sees a copy of the film on BD for sale and goes, "I can't believe they would sell this here!"

I then had to explain how boring the film actually was and that most of the "graphic images" were left to the imagination as Tom Six is a "pussy."
Old 12-17-10, 07:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I bet the sequel is going to push it as far as it can simply because the premise is quite weak and they failed to deliver the gore the first time. However, do we actually need to see one person ingesting another person's shit?
G.G. Allin would say "YES!"

But not me. That type of thing's just not my bag, baby!
Old 12-18-10, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lemmy
G.G. Allin would say "YES!"

But not me. That type of thing's just not my bag, baby!
He would if he were the one doing the shitting and not the swallowing. He seemed like a dish it out but not want to take it kind of guy.
Old 12-24-10, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My girlfriend made a special holiday cookie for me:

Old 12-24-10, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^
hahaha. Nice.
Old 12-24-10, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I love your girlfriend!
Old 12-24-10, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 12-25-10, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

@KillerCannibal: awesomeness!!!
Old 01-12-13, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Bored and lacking anything to watch, I fired this up tonight. Wasn't great. Wasn't terrible. Just kinda there.

The actor playing the mad doctor was fantastic though. Absolute brilliant performance. I also loved the sterile set design. Nice and clean to offset the crazy shit going on.

I did like them mixing different ethnicities in the centipede. Like mentioned above the girls' acting performance was as bad as they come and improved greatly once they were a part of the chain.

Not something i'd watch again. Not sure if I'll fire up #2.

Love the cookie above.

Originally Posted by JMG
Since there were many comments to this pic and no one identified her... it's Denise Milani. Can't see her 34Fs from that angle, but she was a godess around the time this was posted. She's since taken up body building last year and uh, yeah... she's not quite the hottie she was.
Old 01-12-13, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!!!

It's ultra rare to see chick with tits that big and a waist that small. Normally there would be some spillage over the sides. Not on this woman. Holy hell.
Old 01-12-13, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

You're welcome. Google away. By far one of my favorite models.