Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

NEW LIVE ACTION TRANSFORMERS!!! Sweet

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

NEW LIVE ACTION TRANSFORMERS!!! Sweet

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-04, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transformers - Summer 2006

Transformers Coming the Summer of 2006
Source: Hasbro, Inc. Friday, July 23, 2004
http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=5673

DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures, in association with Hasbro, Inc., will develop a live-action, motion picture based on the globally popular Transformers franchise. Steven Spielberg will executive produce. The film is slated for release in the summer of 2006. Lorenzo di Bonaventura (Constantine), Don Murphy (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) and Tom DeSanto (X-Men and X2: X-Men United) are attached to produce.

DreamWorks Head of Production Adam Goodman stated, "Steven and everyone at DreamWorks are very excited about the prospect of expanding the world of 'Transformers' into the live-action feature film arena. The possibilities for a thrilling action adventure are virtually endless, and a film holds the definite promise of expanding an already worldwide fan base to new audiences."

"This is a tremendous franchise that offers us the opportunity to create an inventive and thrilling action-adventure film," said Donald De Line, Vice Chairman, Motion Picture Group and President of Paramount Pictures. "We're happy to work with our colleagues at DreamWorks to develop this project with Hasbro. There couldn't be a better team to bring the 'Transformers' to the big screen."

"We are truly fortunate to have the best talent in the entertainment industry on board for the 'Transformers' movie and are excited at the opportunities this powerful collaboration will bring to the property," said Brian Goldner, President of Hasbro's toys segment. "The 'Transformers' franchise has been successful in many entertainment arenas and we are thrilled to give millions of fans an extraordinary experience that's never been done in the history of the brand."

Hasbro will work with the production team, DreamWorks and Paramount on all aspects of the film's creative development, marketing, promotions and will manage merchandising in conjunction with the release of the film. Hasbro will also team up with Takara, who has been the co-developer of the Transformers brand since its beginning in the early 1980s.

"The 'Transformers' brand has always struck a chord with fans around the world and remains one of our strongest franchises since it was introduced 20 years ago," said Keita Satoh, President and Chief Executive Officer of Takara. "Together with Hasbro, DreamWorks and Paramount, we will bring the property to a new level for fans in the Japanese market, as well as around the world."

DreamWorks will distribute the film domestically, while Paramount will distribute internationally.

In 1984, the Transformers brand took the world by storm with its compelling saga of the "Robots in Disguise," and quickly became a childhood rite of passage with a tremendously successful toy line from Hasbro and Takara, comic book series, television program and animated feature film. Twenty years later, a new generation of kids has discovered the excitement of the Transformers brand and the legendary characters, such as Optimus Prime and Megatron, that truly are "more than meets the eye." Today, the franchise features a popular toy line, an animated series on Cartoon Network and a chart-topping comic book series from Dreamwave Productions, which sold two million Transformers comic books last year.
Old 07-23-04, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
As per AICN...

Link
Old 07-23-04, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn. Hope they do it justice. This could seriously kick-ass or go completely south.
Old 07-23-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
So long as they go with the Generation 1 designs and story. Could care less about the recent Transformers crap they've put out lately (Beast Wars not withstanding)
Old 07-23-04, 12:29 PM

hahaha can you even imagine if it was based on the R.I.D. or armada designs? i hope to god they make this all about the robots & not have some annoying little kids running around...that would seriously suck
Old 07-23-04, 12:51 PM

Even the Gen 1 cartoons made Spike a teenager. Please don't let this be Armada with a bunch of pokemon kids running around on transforming scooters.

But Spielberg is involved, so it should be good.

D
Old 07-23-04, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally posted by Kal-El
Damn. Hope they do it justice. This could seriously kick-ass or go completely south.
Exactly!
Old 07-23-04, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I smell Thunderbirds 2. Check imdb, has Bill Paxton attached himself to this yet?
Old 07-23-04, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I will be there day 1.
Old 07-23-04, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sweet. They better have Bumblebee in it.
Old 07-23-04, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lorenzo DiBonaventura.

Christ.

This is the same guy that took over Superman from Jon Peters, spending millions in pre-production for a film that still isn't near being made... and after Pluto Nash, was given the heave-ho.

DeSanto and Murphy - well, they seem to know what they're doing (Murphy's a bit more hit-and-miss). There's a few things I hope for.

I feel that these requests are reasonable.

That it's a good film that doesn't attempt to water down the cartoon. I want to see robots beating the energon out of each other. It can get a PG-13 and still be harsh. Hey, it's not imitative... kids aren't going to transform into cars and blast each other after watching the movie...

I'd like good effects, a nice integration of CG and practicals.

I don't mind if they play with the story or omit characters. A lot of them were just toy fodder anyway. We need Sideswipe? I would like t to be within reason though. I do not want this, and $100 million, to be given to a pretentious one-name frenchman who will then botch the film and story beyond measure.

Optimus needs to be a truck with a shield on his face and Megatron needs to be an evil gun. And Soundwave needs to breakdance .

I want a freeway chase scene with robots turning into cars and vice versa.

I want the Decepticons to be evil. Not misunderstood, not misguided - gleefully evil.

I don't want any Dinobots, Constructicons, Headmasters or any other Gimmickbots, at least not in the first movie anyway.
Old 07-23-04, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

MINICONS!
Old 07-23-04, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by tofu
Sweet. They better have Bumblebee in it.
For some reason, that just mad me
Old 07-23-04, 02:00 PM
Suspended

Ok, I could live without the headmasters, but the Constructicons were the bomb!

But frankly I cant see how this could fly - Chris Latta is dead. How can they do Starscream without him?!?
Old 07-23-04, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"Me, Grimlock want to be in movie. "

His voice always reminded me of Cookie Monster.
Old 07-23-04, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by El-Kabong
But frankly I cant see how this could fly - Chris Latta is dead. How can they do Starscream without him?!? [/B]
Just get the guy that did Cobra Commander's voice.
Old 07-23-04, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by Snowmaker
Just get the guy that did Cobra Commander's voice.

God ......I really hope they do not dick this up.

Hell...I'd be content if they just remade TF: The Movie as live action film. (along with the 80's music and judd nelson).
Old 07-23-04, 02:26 PM

You got the touch! You got the powaaaa!

D
Old 07-23-04, 02:29 PM
Suspended

But Spielberg is involved, so it should be good.
I hope soo too!
Old 07-23-04, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just hope it stays true to the 80's Transformers!!! It would be even cooler if it was set during the 80's.

Wonder how they are going to handle Megatron? He's a 30 foot robot that turns into a small hand gun
Old 07-23-04, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Get Me Coffee
Wonder how they are going to handle Megatron? He's a 30 foot robot that turns into a small hand gun
Okay, so talking humanoid robots from another planet is perfectly logical?
Old 07-23-04, 02:55 PM

No Minicons, No pokemon crap, No beast wars crap. Original generation 1 inspired storyline only. And technically isn't Speilberg an Executive Producer on everything at dreamworks?
Old 07-23-04, 02:57 PM

They need to have one combining bot. Definitely throw in the Constructicons.
Old 07-23-04, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
No Minicons, No pokemon crap, No beast wars crap. Original generation 1 inspired storyline only.
...and no annoucing/naming of any type of projectile or special attack (I hate the crap)
Old 07-23-04, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Constructicons ruled.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.