Official DVD Replacement Cover & Case Part Deux

Community
Search

Official DVD Replacement Cover & Case Part Deux

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-01, 10:10 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone do custom designs, cause id sure like to get a special cover for the international and theatrical cuts of the professional in one of those cast away style cases.
Old 09-23-01, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by WarriorPrincess
VERY cool thread!!! I'm hoping you all can help me. I just got a Josie and the Pussycats dvd with no cover and no liner (i.e. chapters list). Can someone please scan them for me? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

[email protected]
If I had it I would, I am still waiting for someone that might have Boiler Room to scan one for me. I only Have about 125 DVD's and so far no one has requested a scan of any that I have. Hope someone who has any of these can help us out.
Old 09-23-01, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by RMan360

This was written with a , please read it that way.

1. Do you have the original theatrical artwork? I would like it.
2. Correct white? I just copied the original DVD cover for the front and spine.
3. Spoiler UFO? Do you own Close Encounters on DVD? If you do, you would know that the front, back and inside all have pictures of the UFO...
Spoiler:
The aliens too

I don't mind the input, I also don't mind someone else making one. Sounds like you have a good idea for CE3K, so go for it. I made these for me and just decided to share them with anyone else that might want them. I am also a 'cover rookie' with not much time on my hands.
The hard part is finding the original movie artwork. It's all been replaced by that UFO spoiler stuff. If I could get my hands on the original road-at-night poster, I'd make up a new DVD cover. The orange lettering was invented many years after the movie had been released. I associate white lettering with the movie. They did the same butchery with the MGM Poltergeist disc.
Old 09-23-01, 01:14 PM

Originally posted by Disc-Flipper

The hard part is finding the original movie artwork.
I hear that! I had originally looked for the road scene, but I could not find anything of quality. If I find it I am willing to change the cover and the scene selection. I have a scene selection already made up with the ship in the desert (which I originally wanted to use), it really didn't go with the rest of the cover, though. Of course, that one could also possibly be considered a 'spoiler'.
Old 09-23-01, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Need some help. I've downloaded a few covers from Reality Crash.Com to "My Pictures" in my desktop. I'm trying to print them, but when I go to print from the Image Preview, I get this message:

"There was an error writing to USB/DeskJet_940c for the printer (hp deskjet 940c series):There was a problem printing to the printer due to an unknown system error. Restart and try printing again."

Does anyone know what this means or what I'm doing wrong? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-23-01, 07:36 PM

Try Photoshop and also make sure your paper setup is set on "Landscape".
Old 09-23-01, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally posted by Disc-Flipper
The hard part is finding the original movie artwork.
I know that you were referring to CEOT3K in particular, but here are the resources that I use for obtaining artwork for use in creating covers:

1. Google's image search engine
http://images.google.com/

2. ...another image search engine
http://www.ditto.com/

3. Dazzle DVC. This is a USB (or parallel port) MPEG hardware capture device. I simply connect my DVD player to the Dazzle, get to a scene that I like and simply snap the still... run it through Paintshop Pro...bingo.

4. DVD-ROM drive. Simply pop the DVD into the drive, using the still-capture feature of the DVD player software, and process it.
Old 09-23-01, 10:14 PM

Originally posted by sracer
4. DVD-ROM drive. Simply pop the DVD into the drive, using the still-capture feature of the DVD player software, and process it.
I was going to go for it...that is, make my own cover for BASIC INSTINCT. One problem, according to a pop-up window..."The Capture feature is not available on this DVD", Humph.
Is this true, is the capture feature blocked from certain DVD's or is it my Real Magic Card that is doing this? Has anyone else ran across this?

Last edited by radiospots; 10-05-01 at 01:26 AM.
Old 09-23-01, 10:33 PM

Anyone know of a snapper conversion for either THE FUGITIVE or THE GOONIES ?
Old 09-23-01, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BMW THE HIRE

Is there a cover for the BMW THE HIRE short films dvd that came with Vanity Fair Magazine?
Old 09-23-01, 11:59 PM
Cool New Member

I need full scans of Once Upon A Time in China and Whatever It Takes. If anyone could help, you have my thanks.

I have a large collection and a scanner, so if you're looking for something yourself let me know and we can trade.
Old 09-24-01, 06:33 AM
Tob

I would love a scan of the Killer Criterion to go around my normal copy of The Killer (so it sits nicely next to my criterion Hard Boiled on my shelf!). Cheers to anyone that can help and ignore if this request is naughty! [email protected]
Old 09-24-01, 10:30 AM

SRACER...do you know?? I'm reposting the question since it looks like it is just getting skated across. I would like to help with covers and I wanted to know if certain DVD's have a block on the capture feature? Thanks if anyone cares to answer this.
Old 09-24-01, 12:17 PM
mdX

I'd also like a scan of the Criterion Hard Boiled, and the Criterion the Killer as well. drop me a line here

TIA
Matt
Old 09-24-01, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally posted by radiospots
SRACER...do you know?? I'm reposting the question since it looks like it is just getting skated across. I would like to help with covers and I wanted to know if certain DVD's have a block on the capture feature? Thanks if anyone cares to answer this.
I've never run across that before. What titles have you tried it on? If I can, I'll try to capture it on my system. If it DOES fail, then #3 ALWAYS works... no guarding, no macro...perfect every time.
Old 09-24-01, 04:06 PM
Cool New Member

Thank you for the link! Yes, I have set the print orientation to "landscape," but it still isn't printing properly.

The problem I'm having is the sides keep cutting off. After placing the insert in the amaray, there is noticeable space left between the end of the insert and the amaray, so you can see part of the amaray on the front and the back with the insert in.

When I click "print" in Photoshop, a dialogue box appears with information that the "image is larger than the paper's printable area; some clipping will occur. PROCEED OR CANCEL" Is there something in the settings that is wrong?
Old 09-24-01, 05:29 PM
Uber Member

Originally posted by Jyanix
When I click "print" in Photoshop, a dialogue box appears with information that the "image is larger than the paper's printable area; some clipping will occur. PROCEED OR CANCEL" Is there something in the settings that is wrong?
Are you using 8.5x11 paper? If so, then try setting it to 8.5x14 and then either use 14" long paper, or tape a second sheet to the sheet you want to print on to make it longer.

-David
Old 09-24-01, 06:15 PM
Cool New Member

Blade,

Yes, I am using 8.5 x 11 paper. I will try setting to 8.5 x 14 and see what happens. Thank you so much for the help!
Old 09-24-01, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by sracer
I've never run across that before. What titles have you tried it on? If I can, I'll try to capture it on my system. If it DOES fail, then #3 ALWAYS works... no guarding, no macro...perfect every time.
The darndest thing happened. I checked 7 movies in a row using the capture button with Sigmas Real Magic Hollywood DVD decoder card and I still kept getting... "capture feature not available with this DVD", message. I decided to reload Cyberlink (originally deleted it since I was happier with my Real Magic Card) on my computer and low and behold, every movie I try capturing works!! I guess it is something to do with my Real Magic Card. Oh, by the way, shame on me for trying out on a particular scene in Basic Instinct!
Old 09-24-01, 08:56 PM

Any one got the cover and insert from Total Recal SE. I want to move my SE Tin into a normal case for protective puposes.

Also, anyone have the 'infamous' cover and contents for the Bill Clinton / Monica Testimonial disk. This was done by netflix who I think chared 2c for Bill's 2cents worth.
Old 09-24-01, 09:34 PM
mdX

Originally posted by mark_d_drake
Any one got the cover and insert from Total Recal SE. I want to move my SE Tin into a normal case for protective puposes.
Mark,

please try scanning the thread before posting. I already posted links to my Total Recall SE cover and insert. Here they are again:

TRSE cover preview
TRSE cover hires
TRSE insert preview
TRSE insert hires
Old 09-25-01, 11:09 AM

I added a link to the Basic Instinct SE cover (Thanks MikeM) also for anyone with questions about printing covers check the link on realitycrash.com. They breifly cover how to do this. If more information is needed on printing covers let me know and I'll try to put together a tutorial on my site.

thanks

Mick
Old 09-25-01, 12:57 PM
Cool New Member

Did anyone find a cover for "Close Encounters of the Third Kind?"

Many thanks!
Old 09-25-01, 01:07 PM
Uber Member

Originally posted by Mickey
I added a link to the Basic Instinct SE cover (Thanks MikeM) also for anyone with questions about printing covers check the link on realitycrash.com. They breifly cover how to do this. If more information is needed on printing covers let me know and I'll try to put together a tutorial on my site.

thanks

Mick
Re: Reality's how to print: "I have seen resolutions of 150dpi with the following Print Size (in Inches):
Width: 10.753333 Height: 7.173333"
What does this mean?

Over all, their instructions are a little cryptic if you haven't printed a DVD cover before.

You might want to add that because of the unprintable area on most inkjets, you need to set the printer to print on 14" long paper.

Also, if you don't have a program like photoshop, you can try using MS Word. Using page setup under the File menu, set the paper to 8.5x14, landscape and change the margins to .6" all around. Then insert picture and it should load up at the correct size. Then just print. And if you get a message saying not enough disk space, use an image editing program like photoshop instead.

-David
Old 09-25-01, 03:27 PM
mdX

I just finished a new cover for The Killer since the fox lorber one sucks hard. It's exactly like the criterion one, but with a few changes (studio logos, special features, etc).

The Killer cover preview (72 dpi, 366kB)
The Killer cover hires (300 dpi, 3.9MB)

I'll do one for the fox lorber Hard Boiled disc as well, once I get around to picking that up (and gettinga scan of the criterion cover).

-Matt

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.