Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

the FACTUAL NON r1 Kill Bill DVD thread...

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

the FACTUAL NON r1 Kill Bill DVD thread...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-04, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hm... i was going to wait until both kill bills were out - hopefully in a boxed set and w/ the "color/violent" version of the movies.
Old 04-18-04, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, um is this the cheapest 'full version' of Kill Bill?

DVDfromAsia
Old 04-18-04, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by CheapBastid

DVDfromAsia
Looks like DDDHouse has it for $14.10. It's quoted as R3 and 113 minutes.
Old 04-18-04, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Thai version is supposed to be released April 27th. Not sure how much cheaper it will be...
Old 04-18-04, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Looks like DDDHouse has it for $14.10. It's quoted as R3 and 113 minutes.
Also, I believe cd-wow has this for less...

http://www4.cd-wow.com/detail_result...uct_code=10734

especially since shipping is free and you can get 2 pounds off the price, which converts to about $14.

BTW, the above version is NOT uncut. I remember reading a discussion about this... The only two uncut versions are the Japanese R2 and the upcoming Thai release.

Last edited by DrGerbil; 04-18-04 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-18-04, 10:20 PM

received from amazon.co.jp

just received DHL from amazon.co.jp, i found no rider suit case inside i ordered at 21feb
the bonus is i chose to use economy class postal for cost-saving, amazon.co.jp used DHL to delivery
the schedule date should be 17may, but i received today 19apr
Old 04-19-04, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

DVDfromAsia
The only confirmed uncut version so far is the R2 Japan disc. The Thai disc is supposed to be same version, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. The R3 HK and Korean discs have the US version.
Old 04-19-04, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by DrGerbil
The Thai version is supposed to be released April 27th. Not sure how much cheaper it will be...
The Thai version was released last Monday. I got my shipping notice that day..I will post whether it is the true uncut version once I receive it
Old 04-19-04, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
For what it's worth, the end credits of Volume 2 show clips of the Crazy 88 fight sequence from the first movie in full color.
Old 04-19-04, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
there is still a tad bit of black and white footage, and the begining of the fight is in full color.
Old 04-19-04, 11:48 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[A timely reminder?]

If we are to continue with two threads then let's keep this one about the facts while the other one can deal with the fluff shipping news etc. etc. etc.

m'kay?
Old 04-19-04, 12:08 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts
so i just got my set!!! it is so nice (from amazon).

nice sturdy yellow plastic box. all the contents that we all know about. have the t-shirt and a stand in DVD case with nothing else in box and displayed it nicely with my other box sets. it looks kinda big, but fits which is good. just kinda meaningless considering i took the important stuff out. i have the mini sword and bearbrick nicely displayed atop my tv and the actual dvd along side thr R1 version in my rack. so the actual box set is now kinda pointless to display no? i am not sure still. so...

What will all you do with the contents of "Kill Bill Vol. 1" Box Set?

Given that there is such cool stuff, rather than just the compendium of DVD's in this box set. What will you do with the box set contents and then what will you actually do with the box itself?
Old 04-19-04, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll probably take the sword out and put it on top of the TV. The rest of the stuff will stay in the box and up on my DVD shelf. The actual DVD will go next to the R1 Vol 1.
Old 04-19-04, 12:44 PM

Originally posted by matome
I'll probably take the sword out and put it on top of the TV. The rest of the stuff will stay in the box and up on my DVD shelf. The actual DVD will go next to the R1 Vol 1.
my sentiments exactly. the sword looks so nice above the tv! leaving the bearbrick inside box too?
Old 04-19-04, 12:46 PM

so this huge R2 Boxset the only uncut version in the world right now correct?

I really just want the DVD, is there a barebones version?
Old 04-19-04, 12:50 PM

of course..you can get just the DVD at any site that also has the box setfor like $30-35 USD..amazon.co.jp, yesasia, among the others..
Old 04-19-04, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I'm a little let down with it really. the sword is tiny. And I mean super happy small hour type of tiny. Oh well. I have a fear that the shirt which is a Japanese Large will be no bigger then a american baby t-shirt which stops me from opening it.

the case and the cover that slowly reveals the sword is badass, but other then having the R2 dvd, it seems like a bit of a let down.

Originally posted by Josh Z
For what it's worth, the end credits of Volume 2 show clips of the Crazy 88 fight sequence from the first movie in full color.
no, it shows the scenes in color that were in color already. then it shows the black and white scenes.
Old 04-19-04, 03:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jackskeleton
[B]I'm a little let down with it really. the sword is tiny. And I mean super happy small hour type of tiny. Oh well. I have a fear that the shirt which is a Japanese Large will be no bigger then a american baby t-shirt which stops me from opening it.

the case and the cover that slowly reveals the sword is badass, but other then having the R2 dvd, it seems like a bit of a let down.

jack..the way i saw it was the barebones R2 DVD was at the time around $30-35..this box set from Amazon was only $62 comparable to the original $150 yesasia or one of those places and still $200 now. so we are paying only $30 more and getting a couple of cool collectible toys, a wearable t-shirt, a photo magazine and a free ticket to Kill Bill vol 2 (if we were in Japan which here is $10, but still), and a really cool box to keep it all in (much better material than any American cardboard box). normally box sets are just simply dvd's with content or extras, this is different. so i don't think we lost too much. no?
Old 04-19-04, 03:51 PM

Originally posted by D-Ball
The only confirmed uncut version so far is the R2 Japan disc. The Thai disc is supposed to be same version, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. The R3 HK and Korean discs have the US version.
Also, there are no English subs for the Japanese dialogue on the R3HK release.
Old 04-19-04, 04:10 PM

Got mine today ... no rider case, though Ordered 2/22 from amazon.
Old 04-19-04, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know the Japanese R2 is around $40, but does anyone know if the R3 Thai is up for preorder anywhere? I looked around, but couldn't find any descriptions for it...
Old 04-19-04, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh yes, got mine today. Wow, Amazon.jp will get my R2 business as much as possible with this quick ship! No rider suit either. Nice high quality packaging, and I love the plastic slip cover. The sword and figure are a lot smaller than I was expecting, though. The shirt is staying in the bag. The main thing I care about is the disc, but the extras were still worth the extra bucks.

my sentiments exactly. the sword looks so nice above the tv! leaving the bearbrick inside box too?
Yep, the bearbrick is staying in the box, but now I'm contemplating on not removing the sword as well since it's so small. If it wasn't sealed, I would've popped it right out. But now I'm hesitating.

no, it shows the scenes in color that were in color already. then it shows the black and white scenes.
I'll have to double check next time I see it, but I could've sworn I saw the shot of the guy getting slashed from the upper level and falling down onto the table in color.
Old 04-19-04, 05:19 PM

For those upset over the size of the sword, it was advertised clearly as being one tenth scale... so, just how long did you expect a real katana to be; 5, 10, 15 feet??
Old 04-19-04, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by hardtack
For those upset over the size of the sword, it was advertised clearly as being one tenth scale... so, just how long did you expect a real katana to be; 5, 10, 15 feet??
I was personally hoping it would be 35 feet, but oh well!
Old 04-19-04, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by hardtack

Well I really wanted the full sword but I digress...

I was under the impression of it being like a small letter opener in size.

Over all, for the hype it didn't deliver. I retrospect I would be just as happy ordering the dvd by itself. I'm sure I'll use the nice box to keep all the re-releases of Kill bill and the R1 version I have. Toss in Vol 2 when it comes out and the box will be in full use.

Scott, yesasia is a rip off. they took advantage of the collectors market once the other sites were all sold out. I'm not saying this is a total waste, just that it was a bit of a let down for me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.