Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Shield -- The Complete Series -- 11/6/18

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Shield -- The Complete Series -- 11/6/18

Old 12-26-18, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The Shield -- The Complete Series -- 11/6/18

I'm watching them in HD on HULU. I am curious about the special features but not enough to buy it. I am curious to see how they side step discussing Michael Jace in any capacity.
Old 12-27-18, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just checked my Amazon cart & sometime between last night & now. The Shield dropped to $108.99 & jumped back up to $118.99.
Old 01-05-19, 08:01 AM

I read some of the episodes are missing content.
Old 01-05-19, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
I read some of the episodes are missing content.
Really? What and why? Stuff that's on the DVDs?
I was this close to buying this, but if it's missing anything significant, I'm out!
Old 01-05-19, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Really? What and why? Stuff that's on the DVDs?
I was this close to buying this, but if it's missing anything significant, I'm out!
There’s a hefty discussion about it on the Blu-ray.com forum. It seems Sony gave Mill Creek the international versions which were different from what aired on FX. Mum and the series finale being examples. There’s even links to reddit where Shawn Ryan has replied to say he is looking into it.

Hi all. Shawn Ryan here. Was alerted to this thread. My understanding is/was that everything on this Blu-Ray release was going to be as it originally aired on FX. I will definitely be looking into this, though with the holidays it's very possible that I might not be able to get some answers until next week. I can assure you that nothing was intentionally done to change/censor any scenes. Since the early 2000s there has always been some confusion as the FX versions and Sony versions (for international release) were occasionally different for time purposes (and perhaps content purposes, though I was never told of this). I have been battling these differences for awhile. For instance streaming had the longer two part Series Finale that we had to create since International wouldn't accept the very long running time of the finale that ran on FX. I insisted that this new Blu-Ray go back to original FX Version. Will be back here with answers when I have them.
Old 01-05-19, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh man, what a clusterfuck!

At least Ryan's looking into it, but even if they fix it - it would take a while to get the different elements sorted out, transferred, etc Like, more than a year.