HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

DC Animated Universe Films

Old 08-21-19, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: DC Animated Universe Films

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Just saw Hush and man the twist at the end was fucking ridiculous. The Hush storyline is a modern classic that reinvigorated the character and brought back the idea of Jason Todd. Instead we get that stupid twist that would be akin as Doomsday revealing himself at the end to be Mister Mxyzptlk. But again, this is the big problem with these guys adapting some of these stories to animated films. They want everything to fit in under 90 minutes and Hush isn't like that.
Who was Hush in the comic books?
Old 08-21-19, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
Who was Hush in the comic books?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hush_(character)
Old 08-22-19, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by faust69 View Post
All of this sounds much better than what was in the film.
Old 08-22-19, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Got around to watching Hush last night. I didnít mind it for being a very stripped down version of the story, but it definitely wasnít the best of these animated movies. It really felt more like a Batman and Catwoman love story with some of the elements of the Hush storyline thrown in.

Spoiler:
I had read the reveal that Nygma/Riddler was Hush prior to watching. Kind of a weird twist if you ask me. Also not sure why they kept referring to him as a C list villain. Iíd say heís a top tier Batman villain personally. If he indeed is dead too that was an unexpected surprise. Although being a comic story I wonít be surprised if that gets retconned.

Last edited by Mike86; 08-22-19 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-22-19, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
Got around to watching Hush last night. I didnít mind it for being a very stripped down version of the story, but it definitely wasnít the best of these animated movies. It really felt more like a Batman and Catwoman love story with some of the elements of the Hush storyline thrown in.

Spoiler:
I had read the reveal that Nygma/Riddler was Hush prior to watching. Kind of a weird twist if you ask me. Also not sure why they kept referring to him as a C list villain. Iíd say heís a top tier Batman villain personally. If he indeed is dead too that was an unexpected surprise. Although being a comic story I wonít be surprised if that gets retconned.

I was talking about this with a several friends tonight.

Spoiler:
I don't understand why they tried to peg him as a C-lister unless it was to make the twist shocking. He's a top 4 Batman villain along with Joker, Penguin, and Catwoman

Old 08-25-19, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hush steelbook has already dropped to $15
Old 09-08-19, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Comes out October 1st, 2019.

This is the 2 1/2 hour movie of The Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen edited together as 1 movie.
Old 09-08-19, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post

This is the 2 1/2 hour movie of The Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen edited together as 1 movie.
I didnít pick up either of the individual releases so Iíll probably grab this. Iíve heard the first part is quite a bit better than the second part.
Old 09-08-19, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post

Hmm, well the two parts on their own is 1hr20m and 1hr27m counting credits too of course. So seems at least a little bit is cut out. Is there any mention of "new" scenes?
Unless there is something new, I'll stick with the individual films and pass on this edit.