Re: Sixth Annual Drive-in/Exploitation/B-movie Challenge April 1-30 2015

Originally Posted by shadokitty
My list is finalized.
Congrats on getting 100+ viewings in!
Old 05-05-15, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caligulathegod
I love Hollywood Boulevard. The descriptions always made it sound like sub-par Corman, what with half of it being reused scenes, but it's become one of my favorites. Plus it has Candice Rialson, who is my biggest crush from this challenge, and Mary Woronov at her hottest.
It's one of my favorites too. Scorpion is releasing a limited edition blu ray sometime in the next few months. It'll be for sale at Screen Archives.
Old 05-05-15, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Congrats on getting 100+ viewings in!
Thanks
Old 05-06-15, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

RiffTrax Live showing of The Room tomorrow night! Glad I saw the poster in the bathroom when I went to The Avengers today!
Old 05-06-15, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by caligulathegod
I love Hollywood Boulevard. The descriptions always made it sound like sub-par Corman, what with half of it being reused scenes, but it's become one of my favorites. Plus it has Candice Rialson, who is my biggest crush from this challenge, and Mary Woronov at her hottest.
I saw it in a Bronx neighborhood theater with another New World/Corman production, COVER GIRL MODELS. The joke about HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD is that, IIRC, Dante and Arkush, and Jon Davison (or maybe it was just Davison) had made a bet with Corman that they could make a movie for X amount of $ and half of it be footage from the New World library. The amazing thing is that something that was the exploitation equivalent of a film student exercise actually got wide release. Today, something like this would probably go straight to the web or something. Or get a very limited art house release.

I had previously seen Candice Rialson in one scene in Eastwood's THE EIGER SANCTION, where she made quite an impression (it's the first scene I think of when I think of that movie), so I was primed to see her in a lead role when this came out.
Old 05-07-15, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

My list is finalized. Thanks for running the challenge; fun as always!
Old 05-08-15, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
I had previously seen Candice Rialson in one scene in Eastwood's THE EIGER SANCTION, where she made quite an impression
If you haven't already, seek out Candy Stripe Nurses.

My list is finalized, btw
Old 05-08-15, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

My Challenge Awards:
Best Title Watched:
Shaolin
Runner Up:
Dark Angel

Wife’s Best Title Watched:
Dark Angel

Worst Title Watched (Honorary Full Moon Award):
They

Wife’s Worst Title Watched:
SS Hell Camp

Award for Most Badassery:
Chuck Norris in The Hitman

Most Off-puttingly Awkward Lead:
Kurt Thomas in Gymkata

The 'Why do I keep re-watching this?' Award:
The Garbage Pail Kids Movie

Unparalleled Anatomy (Of The Female Variety):
Shulamith Lasri in Black Emanuelle 2

WTF Award (Honorary Alejandro Jodorowsky award)
Buhachi Bushido: Code Of The Forgotten Eight
Old 07-24-15, 05:34 PM

THE BOOM BOOM GIRLS OF WRESTLING had its premiere on Thursday 23rd July 2015 at the Downtown Independent, Los Angeles. It’s the kind of grassroots exploitation movie we don’t really see anymore – Russ Meyer meets splatter on a micro-budget. “Sam Raimi's Evil Dead series was this perfect combination of satire and horror that had me all shook up as I watched the films,” says director Carolin Von Petzholdt. “That's the energy I wanted to bring to my film.” Check the Kickstarter out.
Old 02-22-16, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Was going to save this until this years challenge but I just couldn't wait any longer.

How did things get so fucked up in just 2 months!
Old 02-23-16, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Defcon 4? Defense Condition slightly elevated? That drives me nuts. Defcon 1 is the "ready for nuclear war" state. Defcon 5 is peacetime with no threat.
Old 02-23-16, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts

IIRC, from my time in the military, wouldn't we technically be at Defcon 4 right now anyways, since we are in a state of war? BTW, I was so excited to see a post in this thread.
Old 02-24-16, 03:47 PM

Well, this is depressing.

The iconic sign outside the South Drive-In Theatre at 3050 S. High St. stood for about 45 years, but it recently collapsed, driven down by old age and high winds. Rob Cassady, left, and a crew from Brahan Sign Co. began removing the sign on Monday. The theater, which opened in 1950, intends to replace it with a similar sign.

ERIC ALBRECHT/

DISPATCH
Old 02-27-16, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So this quadead zone I have been hearing about, worth getting?
Old 03-10-16, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Has the planning started. This is probably the only challenge I'm going to continue doing. I love it!
Old 03-10-16, 05:50 PM

Depending on my schedule, I'll try to have the thread up by the weekend.
Old 03-12-16, 05:21 PM

It's live.

Seventh Annual Drive-IN challenge.
Old 06-19-22, 08:50 PM

I hate it when all I have is a trailer for a film I want to see. My latest one is Love Free Style (1970) starring Debbie Osborne (of course), which judging by the lack of votes on IMDb, is a lost film. The other Debbie Osborne "lost film" (again I'm guessing based on lack of votes) I know of is Secret Places, Secret Things (1971), which also starred Neola Graef.

Are you still looking for Love Free Style? It became available recently, but I think in 'softcore version' . Message me if you need help finding it.

I am looking for 'full/hardcore' version of Love Freestyle (1971) and Secret Places, Secret Things (1971) - if you have it, would highly appreciate a way to get it too
Old 06-22-22, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 461 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by action9
I hate it when all I have is a trailer for a film I want to see. My latest one is Love Free Style (1970) starring Debbie Osborne (of course), which judging by the lack of votes on IMDb, is a lost film. The other Debbie Osborne "lost film" (again I'm guessing based on lack of votes) I know of is Secret Places, Secret Things (1971), which also starred Neola Graef.

Are you still looking for Love Free Style? It became available recently, but I think in 'softcore version' . Message me if you need help finding it.

I am looking for 'full/hardcore' version of Love Freestyle (1971) and Secret Places, Secret Things (1971) - if you have it, would highly appreciate a way to get it too
I'm going to assume that this thread came up when our "new member" did a search on Debbie Osborne, so I think I should answer to the best of my ability in case anyone else does a similar search in the future and finds this thread again.

Love Free Style (1970) is not lost. I have seen it, but I don't recall from where I got my copy (I wouldn't be able to post it here anyway, due to forum rules). It appears to have been released on DVD at some point. I believe the "softcore" version I saw is probably the same as the X rated version that was released in 1970, so I wouldn't worry about finding an "uncut version."

I had assumed Secret Places, Secret Things (1971) was a lost film and gave up on ever seeing it, but I did a little Googling myself, and found a guy's blog where he discussed the film back in 2014, then updated that post in January last year, saying that the film had been found (though he doesn't say by whom). However, if you look up the film on Letterbox'd, one person says he has seen it and gave it a 4 and a half star rating, so maybe it is still extant, and maybe the guy on Letterbox'd is working on readying the film for a Blu-ray or DVD release.

As for the rest of her films listed on IMDb -
  • She is listed in the closing credits of The Harem Bunch (1970), but I didn't see her in the film, so my guess is her scene was cut at some point.
  • The Cult (1971) only exists in a German dubbed print (last I checked).
  • I didn't see her in Red, White and Blue, so I believe that is an error and the film shouldn't be in her credits.
  • I need to re-watch The Young Graduates (1971) to see if I see her in it

In addition to those films, back in 2015, a poster called action9 (where've I heard that name?) posted a couple of NSFW screenshots on the NSFW Vintage Erotica Forum showing Debbie Osborne in an old 8 or 16mm short which is apparently available for purchase as a download from Something Weird (on Bucky Beaver's Stags Loops And Peeps Vol 048). A few years ago, while looking through a bunch of vintage men's magazines someone had scanned and uploaded, I stumbled across a sole B&W shot which I believe to be her in Blow #3 (a men's magazine published in California in 1971), so I think chances are good that there are other photos and short films still to be found.

EDIT: Good thing I answered this. I went back and read through my posts in this thread, and it turns out the first part of his post was quoting one of my posts (#607 I believe).

Last edited by Dimension X; 06-22-22 at 08:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
action9 (08-07-22)