Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-11, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Having watched the entire documentary of The True Story of WrestleMania, I feel its a MUST have. I liked how they covered Taker's Streak and how sucessful the first WrestleMania was. Not to mention, they showed a hint of Benoit when they shawed one of the spots Michaels did onto Triple H and Benoit from WrestleMania XX.

My main gripe is the doc could have been about 30 minutes longer. As long as I'm statisified, I have no other grips with this DVD.
Old 03-15-11, 05:41 PM

Yeah, I agree. The documentary did it's job, but I wish they discussed the technical difficulties of XI and explained why the lights went out during the Divas match at XXIV. I wanted them to explain why X was a bigger deal too, being the first show without Hogan and about Bret ushering in a new era, but given the time it was great.
Old 03-15-11, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
Not to mention, they showed a hint of Benoit when they shawed one of the spots Michaels did onto Triple H and Benoit from WrestleMania XX.
Well there we go. Benoit is on a recent release. Maybe now people will stop complaining about it.
Old 03-15-11, 11:04 PM

Just finished watching the documentary and I loved every second of it. Left me wanting more, which is also my only gripe. Like others have said, this documentary could have easily been 30 min. to an Hour longer. The footage from the Pre-HD era was zoomed to fit the 16:9 ratio but for the most part looked great on Blu-ray! Included matches also look as good as they can possibly look, on Blu-ray. Best WWE Doc. in a while...
Old 03-16-11, 10:17 AM
Cool New Member

For those that have the True Story of WrestleMania Blu-Ray, did you buy it at a store or purchase it online? I found plenty of the DVD, but no Blu. I looked in Best Buy, Walmart, FYE & K-Mart and came up empty. I'm probably gonna wind up ordering it on WWEShop, but I was hoping to have it already because I'm looking forward to watching the documentary.
Old 03-16-11, 11:14 AM

I went into Best Buy yesterday morning around 11:30am and found 2 copies of the BD left.
Old 03-16-11, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cactuskind
For those that have the True Story of WrestleMania Blu-Ray, did you buy it at a store or purchase it online? I found plenty of the DVD, but no Blu. I looked in Best Buy, Walmart, FYE & K-Mart and came up empty. I'm probably gonna wind up ordering it on WWEShop, but I was hoping to have it already because I'm looking forward to watching the documentary.
You're not the only one, the Blu-ray was selling like hotcakes around my area, probably the fact stores had like 1-3 copies. I checked Best Buy, Future Shop, Walmart, and HMV and they had the DVD but no Blu-ray.

At Best Buy i asked and the guy said they had 1 in the morning and it was sold (i went after work). Walmart, Future Shop and HMV had the DVD but again no Blu-ray. At HMV they had 1 copy but sold, so i asked the guy if any other HMV locations had it and according to his computer there were 4 available around 25 minutes from that location. So i went there and luckly found the last and only copy. They had like 15 copies of the DVD.

I went on a hunt yesterday for it, was kind of fun though.

Watched it last night and enjoyed the documentary.
Old 03-16-11, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found the parts about IX, and XXIV most interesting. I never think about what they have to do to dress up the venues themselves. They made the citrus bowl look amazing. If there was one thing I wish they included more of, it would be the backstage stuff, kind of like they did on the Mania of Mania documentary.
Old 03-16-11, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by comanche_doyle
I found the parts about IX, and XXIV most interesting. I never think about what they have to do to dress up the venues themselves. They made the citrus bowl look amazing. If there was one thing I wish they included more of, it would be the backstage stuff, kind of like they did on the Mania of Mania documentary.
+1. I loved the BTS of WMIX. now thats genuinely never before seen footage. For me, the rest of the doc felt more like a bonus feature on a DVD rather than an important documentary program. Im a bit disappointed by it.
Old 03-16-11, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Lee
+1. I loved the BTS of WMIX. now thats genuinely never before seen footage. For me, the rest of the doc felt more like a bonus feature on a DVD rather than an important documentary program. Im a bit disappointed by it.
Same for me. While I thought it was well done, it just didn't have quite the impact I was looking for.
Old 03-16-11, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I was drooling for more backstage footage like the stuff they showed for IX, but I guess they really don't have any useful footage.

Still a good documentary. Nothing I didn't know beforehand, but it was fun taking that trip back to the past.
Old 03-17-11, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those of you wrestling fans living in Northern Illinois or Southern Wisconsin for that matter, tonight I managed to find those 10 dollar WWE DVD sets that was discussed here earlier and the trick is looking for a banner that states..."get ready for WM 27" on it and I spotted these in the Gurnee, IL Wal-mart on Grand Avenue and Hunt Club Road. Whole bunch of titles for ten dollars.
Old 03-18-11, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

not sure if this was brought up but i was at walmart tonight and they had the hot rod story dvd set in the 5$ dump in
Old 03-18-11, 08:25 AM

Not sure if anyone is interested, but would you like a custom insert for the Blu-Ray version of the True Story of WrestleMania? Let me know if anyone wants it and I'll do one.
Old 03-18-11, 08:36 AM

Lots of people been asking for it Mark so I'd say yes I even saw somebody saying they purchased the DVD version specifically because it had the content listing printed on it.
Old 03-18-11, 01:54 PM
Banned

As I was pre-ordering Best of Nitro set on Amazon, I was suprised to see that Best Cage Matches because I thought Hell In A Cell is a pretty good set, it does make me wonder what cage matches they are going to put on the Best Cage Matches set which they probably will put Bret vs Owen Steel Cage match which is the best steel cage match ever and Undertaker vs Mankind Steel Cage match

Last edited by VikingsSooners; 03-18-11 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-18-11, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by VikingsSooners
As I was pre-ordering Best of Nitro set on Amazon, I was suprised to see that Best Cage Matches because I thought Hell In A Cell is a pretty good set, it does make me wonder what cage matches they are going to put on the Best Cage Matches set which they probably will put Bret vs Owen Steel Cage match which is the best steel cage match ever and Undertaker vs Mankind Steel Cage match
I think they also moved up the date on that set as well to 6/28/2011 now.
Old 03-18-11, 07:41 PM
Cool New Member

Can anyone tell me if the Best of RAW 2010 actually has the full match footage of Miz beating Orton for the title, or whether it's a highlights package? Thanks.
Old 03-18-11, 08:04 PM

It shows Orton's beatdown as highlights, but immediately after the beatdown is over, the highlights end. The full match is there.
Old 03-18-11, 08:13 PM
Cool New Member

sweet. thanks.
Old 03-20-11, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Question: Are there just specific Wal-Marts that are carrying those ten dollar WWE DVD sets, as I've been to five of them and only one out of those 5 stores carried them. Their website won't pinpoint as to where specifically these are available at. I wanted to buy that Biggest Knucklehead DVD but was short on cash but now trying to figure out which WM in the Chicago burbs might carry this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 03-20-11, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Amazon's got the Biggest Knuckleheads dvd for $10.49 if you don't feel like driving everywhere.
Old 03-20-11, 05:41 PM

DX: One Last Stand DVD first look and screens.

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/revi...and-dvd/11387/

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-21-11, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ed, just wondering if it's worth it though. It seems promising.
Old 03-21-11, 06:16 PM

Nice surprise when I checked the mail today. I got the Elimination Chamber 2011 Blu Ray a day early from Amazon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.