Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-11, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Does anyone know of a good website that has DVD Cover Art for old WWF Coliseum Videos? I'm about to start converting my Coliseum Master Videos and then will be getting rid of them (possibly selling if there is interest).

Looking for a way to have them look good on my shelf even after I get rid of the official videos themselves.
Old 03-30-11, 07:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by babj311
Just a heads up. Saw WWE Undertaker's Deadliest matches for 10 bucks at WalMart last night. Also saw the WWE Jeff Hardy DVD for 13. Of course mileage may very. This was up state NY.
Nice price but too bad I already have them!
Old 03-31-11, 12:55 PM

From PWinsider:

"Silvervision has just put up a new HBK "Tagged Classics" double DVD set for presale for release in June. The first disc is Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak Express Tour and covers most of 1996. The other disc is Shawn Michaels: Hits From The Heartbreak Kid and looks to cover 1993 & 1994. It is UK exclusive & is the 1st time these Coliseum Videos have been on DVD. Order here."

Are Tagged Classics from the UK region free?
Old 03-31-11, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ardathbey
From PWinsider:

"Silvervision has just put up a new HBK "Tagged Classics" double DVD set for presale for release in June. The first disc is Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak Express Tour and covers most of 1996. The other disc is Shawn Michaels: Hits From The Heartbreak Kid and looks to cover 1993 & 1994. It is UK exclusive & is the 1st time these Coliseum Videos have been on DVD. Order here."

No, they're region locked.
Old 04-01-11, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by BretFan1
Does anyone know of a good website that has DVD Cover Art for old WWF Coliseum Videos? I'm about to start converting my Coliseum Master Videos and then will be getting rid of them (possibly selling if there is interest).

Looking for a way to have them look good on my shelf even after I get rid of the official videos themselves.
There you go dude
http://worldwrestlingcovers.piczo.co...761&cr=4&pc=tr
Old 04-01-11, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by ardathbey
From PWinsider:

No it isn't. The first disc was re-released in 2005, everywhere, they just gave it a new name...
Old 04-01-11, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For guys interested ROHWrestling has the new TNA Mick Foley DVD in stock ready to ship. Kind of interested on the content. I hope the Foley vs. Flair Last Man Standing from Impact is on it.

Waiting for the next % off sale to pick it up.
Old 04-02-11, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would be a great addition. I might get it if it has mostly matches from iMPACT! and the PPV match with Kevin Nash, which I don't have and really enjoyed.
Old 04-02-11, 02:28 PM

I found Brock Lesnar - Here Comes the Pain in the $5 bin at Walmart. Didn't buy it or check the price though.
Old 04-03-11, 12:09 AM
Cool New Member

I found Here Comes The Pain at Wal-Mart As well. It is indeed only $5. Not a big Lesnar fan, but for $5 bucks I grabbed it any way.
Old 04-06-11, 01:25 PM
Cool New Member

So what do you guys think about another mysterio dvd? i think it could be good. i didnt care for his last one, 619 was pretty good, but i didnt like the biggest little man. I hope its a documentary covering all of his life with some matches too.

Randy Orton dvd should be good too. Sounds like its gonna be a documentary from his tweets. Very excited for it. should bust out some good hard to find matches. Although i think orton is overrated, i'll watch any wwe produced documentary, plus he has had some classic battles.

Greatest stars of the new millennium should be great! Really looking forward to this! Random guess says itll be just like greatest stars of the 90s. Probably 15 or so superstars, off the top of my head...HHH, undertaker, shawn, edge, cena, Orton, mysterio, Jericho, Angle, Batista, Eddie...Umm those are the main people i can think of...Maybe punk, Show, Kane, Flair, Rock, Austin, Miz, Jeff, Brock, RVD, Booker, JBL...maybe some others i cant think of right now. Dig out some good smackdown and raw matches, along with some good ppv matches not available on other dvds. Really looking forward to this one

Stone cold vs. The Rock should be awesome! Sounds like it might have a documentary. If not i expect it to be somewhat like the dx dvds, with raw and smackdown segments along with matches and such. Maybe one disc dedicated to each wrestlemania match and the buildup, or who knows. But really looking forward to this one.

Best of Nitro looks AWESOME! Cannot wait for this dvd! So many Gems on it! Yes their are moments they left off but DDP said that there could be future volumes if it sells well. But really looking forward to this one too.

Steel Cage matches dvd has Great Potential! Could be either really really awesome or really really bad. Silvervision is saying it has NWA, AWA, WCCW, WCW, ECW, and WWE. So who knows. it sounds good. I'll be happy if Jericho vs. Batista from the 800th raw is one here, and edge and jerichos from 2002. I looked through a list of wwe's steel cage matches earlier and this has great potential. Really have high hopes for this one, hopefully within a couple of weeks we'll know the match listing, and hoepfully it was be great!

Also they have one empty spot on the release schedule, supposedly their are 3 options to fill it: a new edge dvd, a brock lesnar dvd, and a wargames dvd. Id like to see all 3 but im a huge edge fan, so im hoping for edge. This edge dvd would have a documentary along with matches. id love to see a documentary on edge, i think it could be as good as jerichos! A brock dvd would be good too. we already got a brock documentary so hopefully this would be matches and segments, like edges first dvd. A wargames dvd would be awesome too but they already have a cage match dvd coming out so i dont know if that would happen.

Also ted dibiase's dvd should be good in december. looking foward to this, as it should have a great documentary along with classic matches. Jerry lawlers should be great too! I guarentee his tlc match with miz will be on there, along with other classics. Really looking foward to jerry's documentary. I heard that Gorgeous George is getting a dvd at some point. The documentary should be interesting, but im not to interested in the matches. probably only be a 1 or 2 disc.

Also here are some dvds i think wwe should make:

Rick Rude! He was an awesome wrestler! Great Physique, Awesome on the mic! Why not? He definatley deserves one! His documentary would be awesome! Could be close to 2 hours, plus 2 discs of matches and promos. Id love this dvd.

British bulldog also deserves a dvd. Id love to see a documentary on him! One of the most underrated ever wrestlers. He shouldve been world champ. This would be an awesome dvd. Please make this dvd wwe

Jimmy snuka should get one too. They started on one in 2009 but just dropped it i guess. Id like to see this one too. Would be very good.

Id like a dvd on either memphis or the UWF also. I loved the AWA and WCCW documentaries and these would be great too.

An additude era dvd would be great too. With either all segments and matches, or a documentary with matches and segments on the other discs.

id also like to see wrestlers such as the rock, undertaker, triple h, Mick Foley, Randy savage,sting etc. all have dvds with documentaries.

Also after the hart family dvd, id like one like that on the funks, the guerreros, the Anoi family. could all be good.
Old 04-06-11, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by babj311
I found Here Comes The Pain at Wal-Mart As well. It is indeed only $5. Not a big Lesnar fan, but for $5 bucks I grabbed it any way.
I might get this but I heard they might release Brock Lesnar set...not sure I will wait or not.....
Old 04-06-11, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zombiewillard37
So what do you guys think about another mysterio dvd? i think it could be good. i didnt care for his last one, 619 was pretty good, but i didnt like the biggest little man. I hope its a documentary covering all of his life with some matches too.

Randy Orton dvd should be good too. Sounds like its gonna be a documentary from his tweets. Very excited for it. should bust out some good hard to find matches. Although i think orton is overrated, i'll watch any wwe produced documentary, plus he has had some classic battles.

Greatest stars of the new millennium should be great! Really looking forward to this! Random guess says itll be just like greatest stars of the 90s. Probably 15 or so superstars, off the top of my head...HHH, undertaker, shawn, edge, cena, Orton, mysterio, Jericho, Angle, Batista, Eddie...Umm those are the main people i can think of...Maybe punk, Show, Kane, Flair, Rock, Austin, Miz, Jeff, Brock, RVD, Booker, JBL...maybe some others i cant think of right now. Dig out some good smackdown and raw matches, along with some good ppv matches not available on other dvds. Really looking forward to this one

Stone cold vs. The Rock should be awesome! Sounds like it might have a documentary. If not i expect it to be somewhat like the dx dvds, with raw and smackdown segments along with matches and such. Maybe one disc dedicated to each wrestlemania match and the buildup, or who knows. But really looking forward to this one.

Best of Nitro looks AWESOME! Cannot wait for this dvd! So many Gems on it! Yes their are moments they left off but DDP said that there could be future volumes if it sells well. But really looking forward to this one too.

Steel Cage matches dvd has Great Potential! Could be either really really awesome or really really bad. Silvervision is saying it has NWA, AWA, WCCW, WCW, ECW, and WWE. So who knows. it sounds good. I'll be happy if Jericho vs. Batista from the 800th raw is one here, and edge and jerichos from 2002. I looked through a list of wwe's steel cage matches earlier and this has great potential. Really have high hopes for this one, hopefully within a couple of weeks we'll know the match listing, and hoepfully it was be great!

Also they have one empty spot on the release schedule, supposedly their are 3 options to fill it: a new edge dvd, a brock lesnar dvd, and a wargames dvd. Id like to see all 3 but im a huge edge fan, so im hoping for edge. This edge dvd would have a documentary along with matches. id love to see a documentary on edge, i think it could be as good as jerichos! A brock dvd would be good too. we already got a brock documentary so hopefully this would be matches and segments, like edges first dvd. A wargames dvd would be awesome too but they already have a cage match dvd coming out so i dont know if that would happen.

Also ted dibiase's dvd should be good in december. looking foward to this, as it should have a great documentary along with classic matches. Jerry lawlers should be great too! I guarentee his tlc match with miz will be on there, along with other classics. Really looking foward to jerry's documentary. I heard that Gorgeous George is getting a dvd at some point. The documentary should be interesting, but im not to interested in the matches. probably only be a 1 or 2 disc.

Also here are some dvds i think wwe should make:

Rick Rude! He was an awesome wrestler! Great Physique, Awesome on the mic! Why not? He definatley deserves one! His documentary would be awesome! Could be close to 2 hours, plus 2 discs of matches and promos. Id love this dvd.

British bulldog also deserves a dvd. Id love to see a documentary on him! One of the most underrated ever wrestlers. He shouldve been world champ. This would be an awesome dvd. Please make this dvd wwe

Jimmy snuka should get one too. They started on one in 2009 but just dropped it i guess. Id like to see this one too. Would be very good.

Id like a dvd on either memphis or the UWF also. I loved the AWA and WCCW documentaries and these would be great too.

An additude era dvd would be great too. With either all segments and matches, or a documentary with matches and segments on the other discs.

id also like to see wrestlers such as the rock, undertaker, triple h, Mick Foley, Randy savage,sting etc. all have dvds with documentaries.

Also after the hart family dvd, id like one like that on the funks, the guerreros, the Anoi family. could all be good.
Some good titles forthcoming but I don't believe the WWE owns the UWF film library just yet, but Jim Ross has been plugging a website where you can get those UWF programs as I think it is www.uwfwrestling.com and they sell them in their online store. Good stuff too. They've been trying to acquire the UWF library for years but it's owned by Bill Watt's ex-wife and she's asking a lot of money for them. Overall, some nice titles to be had between now and the end of summer.
Old 04-06-11, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mark, any chance of those DX One Last Stand inserts being made? Looking forward to them as I just got the set but haven't started watching it yet.
Old 04-06-11, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650
Some good titles forthcoming but I don't believe the WWE owns the UWF film library just yet, but Jim Ross has been plugging a website where you can get those UWF programs as I think it is www.uwfwrestling.com and they sell them in their online store. Good stuff too. They've been trying to acquire the UWF library for years but it's owned by Bill Watt's ex-wife and she's asking a lot of money for them. Overall, some nice titles to be had between now and the end of summer.
The Mid-South/UWF footage is available from www.universalwrestling.com they released 2 DVDs in stores - "Giants, Migets, Heroes & Villans I & II" they should still be around, I got mine from Amazon.com. They are quite good across both volumes you get the DiBiase/Murdoch/Flair angle for the NWA Title - good stuff. I wish WWE could get this footage and finally we'd get some decent releases based around that footage - especially with JR and Bill Watts input.

Mark, any chance of those DX One Last Stand inserts being made? Looking forward to them as I just got the set but haven't started watching it yet.
A DX insert is done (DVD & Blu-Ray) I'll upload them here soon...
Old 04-06-11, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For people that own the DX One Last Stand Blu-ray, does your video and audio glitch up on the 2nd Disc during the DX vs. JeriShow vs. Cena/Taker Special Feature? It starts around the 1 Hour 7 minute 10 second mark. It lasts about 10 seconds, and someone else on the Blu-ray.com forum experienced the same thing. Wanted to see if anyone else here has the same issue.

Last edited by sg2386; 04-06-11 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-06-11, 11:06 PM
Cool New Member

Some good titles forthcoming but I don't believe the WWE owns the UWF film library just yet They've been trying to acquire the UWF library for years but it's owned by Bill Watt's ex-wife and she's asking a lot of money for them. Overall, some nice titles to be had between now and the end of summer.
Yea i wish wwe would just buy the UWF library, but oh well. I think they could produce a very good dvd like the AWA and the WCCW dvds. Im suprised they havnt done one about the WWE in general, talking about them starting out and such. it could also be very good.
Old 04-07-11, 07:47 AM

WrestleMania 27 DVD art: http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/?p=12036/

Not bad, though I was expecting more.

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-07-11, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
WrestleMania 27 DVD art: http://www.wwedvdnews.com/?p=12036/

Not bad, though I was expecting more.
I think that's some nice artwork. Anything will be better than Wrestlemania 20 and 25's though.
Old 04-07-11, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by md2810
The Mid-South/UWF footage is available from www.universalwrestling.com they released 2 DVDs in stores - "Giants, Migets, Heroes & Villans I & II" they should still be around, I got mine from Amazon.com. They are quite good across both volumes you get the DiBiase/Murdoch/Flair angle for the NWA Title - good stuff. I wish WWE could get this footage and finally we'd get some decent releases based around that footage - especially with JR and Bill Watts input.

A DX insert is done (DVD & Blu-Ray) I'll upload them here soon...
Thank you so much Mark on two fronts...for the inserts AND the correction on the UWF discs. Dummy me!
Old 04-07-11, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The TNA Mick Foley contains the following:

Get a never-before-seen look at the world of one of the most complex superstars in professional wrestling history, Mick Foley.

“Mick Foley: Hardcore Legend” showcases the TNA Superstar from his Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling debut to his epic battles with “The Icon” Sting and Ric Flair.

This TNA Exclusive DVD pulls back the curtain to give fans a look at Foley's amazing life outside of the ring. Witness Foley as you’ve never seen the hardcore legend before, as this TNA DVD follows the multi-time world champion building schools in war-torn Africa, working with volunteer groups to counsel sexual abuse victims and so much more.
Includes the below matches, exclusive interviews, never-before-seen footage and much more!

- Mick Foley's TNA Wrestling debut in September 2008 on iMPACT
- Genesis 2009: Mick Foley, AJ Styles and Devon vs. Booker T, Scott Steiner and Kip James
- Sting and Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett and Mick Foley
- Mick Foley Interviews Cactus Jack
- Lockdown 2009: Sting vs. Mick Foley for the World Title
- Victory Road 2009: Kurt Angle vs. Mick Foley for the World Title
- Bound For Glory 2009: Abyss vs. Mick Foley in Monster's Ball
- Final Resolution 2009: Abyss and Mick Foley vs. Raven and Stevie Richards
- iMPACT: Jeff Jarrett vs Mick Foley
- iMPACT: Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley
Glad the match with Flair made it.
Old 04-07-11, 11:36 PM
Cool New Member

Hey guys a couple more thoughts:

First off i forgot about the 50 biggest matches dvd that wwe is releasing in august i think. Im assuming this will be set up like the 50 greatest superstars dvd, which i enjoyed watching the countdown, but some of the rankings were insane. But this should be a good dvd, and im assuming the other 2 discs will be some of the matches in full. Hopefully this one isnt as messed up as 50 greatest superstars. Im sure they'll say number one is like taker vs. shawn or shawn vs bret or something like that.

I think if wwe likes these countdowns they should do 100 craziest moments, which was canceled last year, and 50 greatest tag teams. They could have many great dvds like this, even if the rankings are wacky. Maybe even do a dvd ranking all of their world champions from worst to greatest.

Does anybody else think its time for another WWE title dvd? This one could even have a documentary about the lineage of the title, like the world title dvd. Could be a very good dvd. i liked the first one immensely and this one could be even better.

Also the new TNA mick foley dvd looks very good. i dont own any tna dvds, but this one might be my first. I just hope that when his tna contract expires this summer, he makes the jump back to wwe and they give him the dvd he deserves! Dont get me wrong greatest hits and misses is one of my favorites, but he needs a 3 disc with a long documentary, and more of his classic matches!

Hopefully WWE starts to make more dvds on legends in the near future. I know Ted dibiase, and Jerry Lawler both have dvds coming out, but i still want dvds on slaughter, snuka, bulldog, Rick rude, Andre, George Steele, Jesse Ventura, Junkyard dog, Paul Orndorff, Bob Backlund, Bruno Sammartino, and even another Savage dvd! They always do a good job on the legends dvds and we need more of them!

Also i bought the satans prison dvd recently and my copy came with out a booklet even though that dvd had a booklet originally, now will even old wwe dvds not have booklets? their is no reason we dont have booklets! its not like it costs wwe lots of money!

This year is a very promising year for wwe dvds, and hopefully more will be added to the schedule that will make it even better!
Old 04-08-11, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

30% off at ROH Wrestling at the moment.
Old 04-08-11, 07:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sg2386
The TNA Mick Foley contains the following:

Glad the match with Flair made it.
I never seen any of the matches, I preordered it!
Old 04-08-11, 09:28 AM

I hope the War Games set gets added for this year, however it could very likley be the Edge set which takes the last spot, because we are getting a cage match DVD this year - so they may not release war games and cage matches in the same year year

I can really see another Rock DVD for next year before Mania (or after if he goes into the Hall) or if Savage does I think we could see a Savage documentary.

More hopefuls for next year from me would be...
History of ECW Title
RAW seasons 3 & 4
More of the best of Nitro
Best of Clash of Champions
Divas (match/bio comp with classic stuff from 80s,90s,00s not filled with current Diva crap)
History of US Title

I think we could see a Kevin Nash DVD in the next year too.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.